Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Urgent Advice For A New Traveller. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Advice For A New Traveller. (227 Views)

I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice For A New Traveller. by Adventure2020: 10:26pm On May 26, 2020
I got a UK visit visa ( 6 months) early this April 2020, to expire in early October 2020. Having put two and two together I insinuated that there is going to be a compulsory 14 days self isolation (quarantine) for any abroad returnee. But my concern is I am entitled to 16 working days annual leave in my place of work and I intend to spend 14 out of the 16 days in UK. That means I will require almost a month if the foreseen compulsory 14 days self isolation is anything to go by. I am confused on what to do because I didn't disclosed my travelling intention to my employer and even if I did it changes nothing, and the foreseen compulsory self isolation will mean I will need additional 14 working days leave.

I need the gurus in the house to help answer the following questions urgently:
1. What will be the future implication if I decide to cancel my travelling plan for now to UK and the visa expires?
2. Will the above decision affect my future application to UK or other advanced countries such as US, Canada,or any European countries?
3. Is it possible to mail the UK consulate to extend/change my visa date till next year based on current Covid-19 ground
Re: Urgent Advice For A New Traveller. by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 26, 2020
Why in a hurry my dear brother. Why not wait until the whole virus crisis is over. Even if the all boarders are opened tomorrow, you can give excuses that the fear of the virus made you to change your mind. No need to rush,look all countries in the globe are going to review all their immigration laws due to this pandemic
Re: Urgent Advice For A New Traveller. by Adventure2020: 11:39pm On May 26, 2020
Thanks for your advice. I am not in a rush per se and I'm thinking in the line of canceling the trip at this time, but just want to know the implication of self cancellation of a valid visa. And also want to know if its possible to mail UK consulate for shifting the visa validity till next year

(1) (Reply)

We Have To Increase Fare NUTW Say As Interstate Movement Resumes / Obudu Airport Gets Backing From Host Communities As Ayade Promises Early Complet / Russia Study Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.