Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd (1105 Views)

Nigerians In Italy Protest The Killing Of Alika Ogorchukwu / George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) / Anambra Youths Protest The Killing Of 22-Year-Old Boy By Police (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by joseph6071: 8:55am On May 27, 2020
The Killing of George Floyd, has caused a lot of uproar from the residents of Minneapolis as they took to the street to protest this morning.

This is the story of an unarmed black man who was suffocated by the knee of a cop who claimed to want to arrest him for a case of forgery.

The moment this happened was videoed by a passerby who got a clear footage of how the 46 year old George Floyd begged in his last moments.

His begging fell on deaf ears as the cop still remained on him till he drew his last breath on earth, he kept begging "I can't breathe".

Many Star in different sectors, footballers, singers among others joined the trend to find #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd.

George who was taken to the hospital after the tragic event with the cop was pronounced dead on getting there.

WATCH VIDEO OF THE PROTEST TODAY
: http://www.musictori.com/2020/05/crowd-flood-street-in-minneapolis-to.html

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by 2special(m): 9:16am On May 27, 2020
If l can get those Police officers, at least two members of their families each should be down...Let them feel the pain
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by bigiyaro(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2020
2special:
If l can get those Police officers, at least two members of their families each should be down...Let them feel the pain
seconded.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 9:49am On May 27, 2020
Wow
Race wars should not be a thing in the 21st century .
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by hinere(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2020
Americans needs a Black President to rule them till Christ comes...
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by excanny: 10:09am On May 27, 2020
hinere:

The country should be dissolved. The white people should be sent back to Europe and the blacks sent back to Africa.

It was a failed racial experiment.

3 Likes

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by tillaman(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Wow
Race wars should not be a thing in the 21st century .
You need to watch the way they (white cops) killed Eric Garner on Staten Island NY 2014, The man kept repeating I can’t breath 11 times till he passed out and the ambulance came they didn’t check for pulse they took him to the hospital 1 hour later where he was declared dead, sadly the cop was just sacked 2019, an incident that occurred 2014, he was placed on desk duties while he was under investigation!!
The law is a joke

2 Likes

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 10:21am On May 27, 2020
tillaman:
You need to watch the way they (white cops) killed Eric Garner on Staten Island NY 2014, The man kept repeating I can’t breath 11 times till he passed out and the ambulance came they didn’t check for pulse they took him to the hospital 1 hour later where he was declared dead, sadly the cop was just sacked 2019, an incident that occurred 2014, he was placed on desk duties while he was under investigation!!
The law is a joke
sadly I watched the video and also of a 22 year old black father who was Lying on the floor , and shot point blank to the back by the cops
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by Bojack(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2020
America's problem

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by tillaman(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2020
TheSourcerer:
sadly I watched the video and also of a 22 year old black father who was Lying on the floor , and shot point blank to the back by the cops
the 22 year old dude what’s his name
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 10:35am On May 27, 2020
tillaman:
the 22 year old dude what’s his name
Oscar Grant was his name. Great Lad too

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 10:36am On May 27, 2020
Bojack:
America's problem
it's black people's problem , makes it our problem 'bojack' love dah name
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by Bojack(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2020
TheSourcerer:
it's black people's problem , makes it our problem 'bojack' love dah name
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by CAPSLOCKED: 11:06am On May 27, 2020
THESE PROTESTS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A HUNDRED YEARS. THEY YIELD NO RESULTS.
OVER THERE, BEING WHITE MAKES YOU A GOD.
OVER HERE, BEING IGBO MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER THAN THE HAUSAS, BEING CHOCOLATE COLORED GIVES YOU LIBERTY TO CALL A DARKER PERSON NAMES LIKE "BLACKY", "MONKEY".
IMAGINE NIGERIANS TROLLING KENYANS FOR THEIR BLACKNESS, PLAYING DUMB TO THE FACT THAT YELLOW OMOTOLA AND CHARCOAL ISHILOVE ARE ONE AND THE SAME RACE.

IN HONESTY, I DON'T THINK RACISM AND TRIBALISM WILL STOP IN THIS OUR LIFETIME.
JUST HOPE YOU DON'T GET SHOT IN EUROPE FOR BEING BLACK, OR BEING SLAUGHTERED IN NORTHERN NIGERIA FOR BEING A SOUTHERNER.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by Ishilove: 11:11am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THESE PROTESTS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A HUNDRED YEARS. THEY YIELD NO RESULTS.
OVER HERE, BEING IGBO MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER THAN THE HAUSAS, BEING CHOCOLATE COLORED GIVES YOU LIBERTY TO CALL A DARKER PERSON NAMES LIKE "BLACKY", "MONKEY".
IMAGINE NIGERIANS TROLLING KENYANS FOR THEIR BLACKNESS, PLAYING DUMB TO THE FACT THAT YELLOW OMOTOLA AND CHARCOAL ISHILOVE ARE ONE AND THE SAME RACE.

JUST HOPE YOU DON'T GET SHOT IN EUROPE FOR BEING BLACK, OR BEING SLAUGHTERED IN NORTHERN NIGERIA FOR BEING A SOUTHERNER.
Dark chocolate

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 11:12am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

just said the same thing , like religion , stupidity and racism those things aren't going away anytime soon or at all

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by DMPaulSr: 11:26am On May 27, 2020
TheSourcerer:
just said the same thing , like religion , stupidity and racism those things aren't going away anytime soon or at all

Even during the protest, they shot a black woman in the head with a rubber bullet. They had to take her to the hospital. She was unconscious

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by DMPaulSr: 11:26am On May 27, 2020
DMPaulSr:

Even during the protest, they shot a black woman in the head with a rubber bullet. They had to take her to the hospital. She was unconscious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZ-Q3q8LRs
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by Omoluabi16(m): 11:27am On May 27, 2020
hinere:
During the era of Obama, the African-American community still suffered these killings.Some even feel Obama did not really tackle the challenges they face.

1 Like

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by TheSourcerer: 11:35am On May 27, 2020
DMPaulSr:

shocked wtf ! Wtf!
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by tillaman(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2020
I guess this explains everything!!!
No words!!
It’s like there’s another academy in their police force where they give them the go ahead to kill black folks

Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by AudioNews(m): 5:27pm On May 27, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala blood is in dat Police man,
Am nt surprise,.
Na der handwork
Re: Crowd Flood The Street In Minneapolis To Protest The Killing Of George Floyd by nanauju(f): 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
I've seen innocent Hausa men in my surroundings called "Boko Haram" just because they are Hausa...
I've seen Calabar folks trolled as "house boy" or "gateman" because of their accent...
I've seen industrious igbos called thieves and fraudsters just because of the mistakes of a few...
I've seen hardworking yorubas called corrupt just because of some in power...
I've seen sound Niger Delta fellows trolled as "militants" just because some chose to vandalize pipelines and be pirates.
The next time you scream #sayNOtoracism remember charity begins at home. All of the above is Racism too✌️

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

23-year-old Nigeria Army Officer's Son Murdered In US / More Evidence Troops In As Yomi Old Chat Of Cheating With A 16yrs Old Girl In 20 / Three Slay Queens Were Arrested In An Hotel After They Refused To Pay Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.