Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

God The Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God The Father (128 Views)

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God The Father by AntiChristian: 9:21am On May 27, 2020
In Matthew 5:48 –
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

In Matthew 6:1 –
“… otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.”

Matthew 7:21 –
Not every one that sayeth unto me (Jesus), Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father, which is in heaven.”

N.B. The word ‘Lord’ here was translated as Rabb in the Arabic version of the Bible so that people may be convinced that Jesus is God! But if one studies the rest of the verse, one will note that the verse bears testimony to the subservience (to God’s Will) of the Messiah (Jesus). Therefore the correct translation should be:

“Not every one that sayeth to me, O my Master, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.”

It is obvious from the above readings from the Bible that the term ‘Father’ is used for God in numerous places in the Bible. It is never used exclusively for the Messiah (Jesus).

Matthew 11:25 –
At that time Jesus answered and said, ‘I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent and has revealed them unto babes.'”

(1) (Reply)

People Need The Lord - A Powerful Message In Songs / The Driver / Ecclesia; The Secular World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.