Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

What's My Best Option With This 500k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's My Best Option With This 500k (1121 Views)

Chauffeur Drive: The Best Option For Moving Around The City / My Best Facebook Software And Tricks For Marketing / Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2020
I've been out of job for months now since middle of last year and it doesn't look as if anyone is coming my way, it's always one regret mail to the other. What's the best for me to do with this #500k a brother plans to send to me.

I have few things on my mind but I don't know what's best to do in the sense that this money might be my only life line for months to come if not years. These things include:
1. Record an Album and do a video with some marketing. I'm hoping my songs will be hit.

2. Set up a computer training shop/cyber Cafe.

3. Use it to establish and standardize a Christian fellowship/church as a certified minister.

4. Set up a mini studio for music production.

5. Buy motorcycles for investment and taking weekly payments.

I'm out of good quality friends for advice, that's why I have to bring this my heartpain here.. Though I told the philanthropist that I want to use it for computer business and the question of whether the business is viable or profitable arises, which I've been also thinking about.

I have a great assurance that I'll have that money yet it seems it's the only thing I might have to live on for months or years to come, so I can't afford to jeopardized this once in a decade opportunity.

cc:lalasticlala
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Joevics(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2020
Open a botique
Open a computer sales shop

1 Like

Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Atomemmy(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2020
Chai

In making decisions like this, certain things need to be considered too.
Things like, where u intend setting up the business, how committed u'll be, how knowledgeable u are in that speciality etc.
Las Las, all I would say is, follow ur heart, and make the decision urself.

Our elders says: It is he who's pained, that knows better, how it hurts. It is he who's blessed, that knows better, how it sweets
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by qwertyboss(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2020
Paulscholari:
I've been out of job for months now since middle of last year and it doesn't look as if anyone is coming my way, it's always one regret mail to the other. What's the best for me to do with this #500k a brother plans to send to me.

I have few things on my mind but I don't know what's best to do in the sense that this money might be my only life line for months to come if not years. These things include:
1. Record an Album and do a video with some marketing. I'm hoping my songs will be hit.

3. Use it to establish and standardize a Christian fellowship/church as a certified minister.

I'm out of good quality friends for advice, that's why I have to bring this my heartpain here.. Though I told the philanthropist that I want to use it for computer business and the question of whether the business is viable or profitable arises, which I've been also thinking about.

I have a great assurance that I'll have that money yet it seems it's the only thing I might have to live on for months or years to come, so I can't afford to jeopardized this once in a decade opportunity.

Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by timwudz(m): 11:19am On May 27, 2020
If u can drive, I’d advice u buy a small car or bus and use it for business. U can buy keke maruwa too but don’t you ever give it out on delivery. It will end in tears

Transportation business na better business if u drive yourself.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Xristars(m): 11:42am On May 27, 2020
Hmm. This dilemma again.
my bro, I advice you go with your computer business since that what you bargain with the person. You can still record your songs using some apps and advertise via social media.
Finally run away from motorcyclists i have heard tales.
But bro, try and invest part of that money in another person viable business. It will serve as buffer stock(Fallback money).
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 27, 2020
Number 5 is your best bet. I don't know which state you live in, but some states have banned motorcycles, so you should do your research.

You also need to be aware that the rider may flee with your bike. It happens a lot.

I won't suggest you do any of the rest because they are capital intensive and the money wouldn't get you anywhere. The possibility of failure is also very high especially with 1, 3 and 4. Number 2 is capital intensive. and 500k won't get you anywhere

How about POS business?

I think you can get a POS for less than 20k and should rake in between 100 and 200 naira/withdrawal. All you need is a banner and space.

But you should be able to work from your home or strike a deal with a shopowner to use a small part of their space. Don't you think this is a better idea?
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Darkerberry: 12:02pm On May 27, 2020
How can one combine the possibility of doing 1 or 3.. except you're talking of a gospel album like them ayefel and co and mind you.. recording the album,shooting the video and marketing with just 500k won't yield great interest at least in the short time.
A computer service center is better not necessarily with internet cafe.. also a mini studio may not start yielding something on time except you invest more and get good instruments.
Church is a booming business in Nigeria if you want to go to the business ministry side but this until the end of this pandemic.
Well, wish you really good luck.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2020
qwertyboss:

how do you mean?
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2020
Joevics:
Open a botique
Open a computer sales shop
ohh ok.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
timwudz:
If u can drive, I’d advice u buy a small car or bus and use it for business. U can buy keke maruwa too but don’t you ever give it out on delivery. It will end in tears

Transportation business na better business if u drive yourself.
is it possible to get a neat car with that amount
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
Xristars:
Hmm. This dilemma again.
my bro, I advice you go with your computer business since that what you bargain with the person. You can still record your songs using some apps and advertise via social media.
Finally run away from motorcyclists i have heard tales.
But bro, try and invest part of that money in another person viable business. It will serve as buffer stock(Fallback money).
record songs through apps, how.? Which applications. I'm asking cos I'm quite keen on the music part too, I believe something good will come out from there.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2020
Darkerberry:
How can one combine the possibility of doing 1 or 3.. except you're talking of a gospel album like them ayefel and co and mind you.. recording the album,shooting the video and marketing with just 500k won't yield great interest at least in the short time.
A computer service center is better not necessarily with internet cafe.. also a mini studio may not start yielding something on time except you invest more and get good instruments.
Church is a booming business in Nigeria if you want to go to the business ministry side but this until the end of this pandemic.
Well, wish you really good luck.
thanks I appreciate.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by iCauseTrouble: 5:43pm On May 27, 2020
If you know how to ride bike, buy 2 bikes. Give one out on daily delivery and ride the other. While riding the bike, more song inspirations will flow into your head. Use the money from your bike to feed and invest the money from the other bike rental into your music business / talent.
Remember, Small Doctor was once an Okada rider. Yiu can also put that in the story of your songs
Paulscholari:

2 Likes

Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by ElonMosque(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
If you know how to ride bike, buy 2 bikes. Give one out on daily delivery and ride the other. While riding the bike, more song inspirations will flow into your head. Use the money from your bike to feed and invest the money from the other bike rental into your music business / talent.
Remember, Small Doctor was once an Okada rider. Yiu can also put that in the story of your songs

Suggestion of life grin
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by iCauseTrouble: 5:52pm On May 27, 2020
ElonMosque:

Suggestion of life grin
I sight you bro grin

1 Like

Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by KayCee92(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2020
Lol, church business dey diaa to, that got me laughing hard man..... grin grin
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by qwertyboss(m): 6:31pm On May 27, 2020
Paulscholari:
how do you mean?
Your best Options otherwise you are a gonna
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Paulscholari(m): 6:36pm On May 27, 2020
qwertyboss:

Your best Options otherwise you are a gonna
why not explain!
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by qwertyboss(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2020
Paulscholari:
why not explain!
They are the only ones you can sustain for long time with immediate ROI
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by Xristars(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2020
Paulscholari:
record songs through apps, how.? Which applications. I'm asking cos I'm quite keen on the music part too, I believe something good will come out from there.
I was actually talking about editing songs I believe apps and software exist for that. Do little research. You can just do a live video with your phone use apps to input beats.Though I'm not keen in music.
I do videos on youtube though. I believe you find a way through. Sorry for d confusion

1 Like

Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by phlopholly: 8:48pm On May 27, 2020
Paulscholari:

I suggest you go into the business center or the Okada business.
Or as someone mentioned, if you can get a small car to drive as cab.
By so doing, you will earn daily income and if you are prudent enough, you can save money to start other business.
Re: What's My Best Option With This 500k by haon: 10:29pm On May 27, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Pof Accounts Available [both Male & Female] / How To Start Charcoal Business In Nigeria: The Novice Blueprint / 30ton Truck For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.