Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour (11522 Views)

MTN Hynetflex Not Browsing For Past Several Weeks / New MTN Hynetflex With Free 120GB For Sale / Please Don’t Buy The MTN Lumos Solar System Until You Read My Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 27, 2020
I just bought the Mtn hynetflex, and I'm totally disappointed.

Everything works fine, speed is moderate, but the battery life is bullshit. On the package, it says up to 5hrs, but it bearly last an 1hr.

I hardly get electricity in my area (you know NEPA way), so I depend on my Gen for light. Now with this useless hynetflex router, I've to put on my generator more often to use it.

If you intend buying the mtn hynetflex, just know that the battery life is nothing to write home about.

I wonder how they negotiate with Chinese Zte company to build shit, well they don't have any respect for Nigerians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by dangermouse(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2020
If only we get feedbacks from people who have bought or used such substandard n over hyped products currently flooding our makerts!. I salute ur courage!

15 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by LilDikky: 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bought mine not up to a week ago. Taking it all to their office to see what they say. Probably it’s why it’s sold so cheap

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by Naijasageblog: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
So which one is the best
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by datola: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
Scaredd:

Everything works fine, speed is moderate, but the battery life is bullshit. On the package, it says up to 5hrs, but it bearly last an 1hr.

I hardly get electricity in my area (you know NEPA way), so I depend on my Gen for light. Now with this useless hynetflex router, I've to put on my generator more often to use it.

If you intend buying the mtn hynetflex, just know that the battery life is nothing to write home about.

I wonder how they negotiate with Chinese Zte company to build shit, well they don't have any respect for Nigerians.

Can you please assess Hynet data, in terms of speed, reliability, etc compared to the regular subscription.

What are the advantages of switching to Hynet?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by surrogatesng: 6:30am On Jul 09, 2020
Why not get a powerbank for the modem
Scaredd:

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by sanemind2(m): 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Scaredd:

yes the battey life is so poor,but you can enjoy it better with a powerbank

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by RandomVic(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
sanemind2:
yes the battey life is so poor,but you can enjoy it better with a powerbank

Interesting is it those generic power bank? Cuz I'm planning on getting an hynetflex tomorrow.
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by TheCvBank: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Some if not all Mifi devices have this issue. It was in camp I began to notice almost everyone with a mifi, be it spectranet, smile, ntel, etc. They almost all had powerbanks to support their Mifi. Mifi consumes alot of power and they need a strong lithium ion battery but these ISPs don't care about that. Just get yourself a little powerbank and USB cord dedicated solely for your Mifi.
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by sanemind2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
RandomVic:

Interesting is it those generic power bank? Cuz I'm planning on getting an hynetflex tomorrow.
No,l meant buying a good powerbank of your choice and using it with it
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by timijoseph01(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
TheCvBank:
Some if not all Mifi devices have this issue. It was in camp I began to notice almost everyone with a mifi, be it spectranet, smile, ntel, etc. They almost all had powerbanks to support their Mifi. Mifi consumes alot of power and they need a strong lithium ion battery but these ISPs don't care about that. Just get yourself a little powerbank and USB cord dedicated solely for your Mifi.
No.. It's only in Nigeria we are being sold mediocre Mifi devices.
I'm currently using an unlocked 4G Verizon Mifi.. with 4000mah battery..
It last me though out the day.. From 7am to 7pm,, I only charge at night..
NB I'm n heavy internet user

13 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by felai: 2:13am On Jul 14, 2020
RandomVic:

I have for sale if you need.
Brand new.
Comes with 120gb

Call/whatsapp 080-3622-8982
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by RandomVic(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2020
felai:

Brand new.
Comes with 120gb

What's the price? Secondly can I use my normal phone powerbanks to charge it? I heard only 2gb can be use at a time each day from 120gb given, how true is that?
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by RandomVic(m): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2020
sanemind2:
No,l meant buying a good powerbank of your choice and using it with it

I meant does it accept everyday USB powerbanks or it has its own special kind of powerbanks? Also I heard one can only use 2gb every day from 120gb given, how true is that?
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by sanemind2(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2020
RandomVic:

I meant does it accept everyday USB powerbanks or it has its own special kind of powerbanks? Also I heard one can only use 2gb every day from 120gb given, how true is that?
it uses everyday powerbank but you will need a chord to connect it from the powerbank to the router,as for the 2gb per day,thats not true cos mine l use 5gb-10gb per day depending on what l want to use. Also note that the hynetflex is scarce nationwide
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by felai: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2020
RandomVic:

What's the price? Secondly can I use my normal phone powerbanks to charge it? I heard only 2gb can be use at a time each day from 120gb given, how true is that?

Brand new.
Comes with 120gb
Price 25k

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by TheCvBank: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
timijoseph01:

This is nothing but facts. Our standard organisation of Nigeria is just a glorious outfit that barely look into what Nigerians get

6 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by pointstores(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
We build powerbanks for laptop phone mifi router dstv gotv prize start from 25,000
Call 08166117634
Www.Solarvisionnija.com.ng
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 30, 2020
You should get a powerbank with it.
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by Cryomancer: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2020
TheCvBank:

I quite disagree with you on this Sir... I also use a Huawei MiFi and it lasts me 6hours straight on an uninterrupted usage, I even had to go source for another original battery which I bought for 3k to support it because I hardly have time to charge it.

Most of those people who you talked about on your post probably use those unlocked Generic ZTE mifi that always comes with a terrible battery life (I'm talking from experience) or the original battery that came with their device has gotten bad over the years and they ended up buying those fake batteries of 500-700 naira being sold around.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by Cryomancer: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2020
timijoseph01:

God bless you for this truth. What people don't understand is that Mifi pass Mifi. I always advise people to runaway from those ZTE unlocked mifi and buy a foreign network branded one if you're lucky enough to find any or just settle for any Huawei brand.
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by TheCvBank: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Cryomancer:

I quite disagree with you on this Sir... I also use a Huawei MiFi and it lasts me 6hours straight on an uninterrupted usage, I even had to go source for another original battery which I bought for 3k to support it because I hardly have time to charge it.

Most of those people who you talked about on your post probably use those unlocked Generic ZTE mifi that always comes with a terrible battery life (I'm talking from experience) or the original battery that came with their device has gotten bad over the years and they ended up buying those fake batteries of 500-700 naira being sold around.

I said 'most'. It meant something when I made that reference. The Mifi I use supports 5+ hours usage. Most of what's in the Nigerian market has terrible battery life
Re: Don't Buy The MTN Hynetflex - The Battery Life Is Less Than An Hour by BigBashiru: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
timijoseph01:

Nigerians according to economic newspapers, can't afford higher quality products as the cost in naira will be too high for the average Nigerian

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ipad 4 With 4gb And Wifi 16-104,000,ipad 4 With 4gb And Wifi 64-130,000 / Beautiful Coolbell Bags / Neatly Used Hp 530 Laptop 250gb/2gb Ram/dvd,wifi/ext Btoot @45k*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.