Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun (31286 Views)

Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else / Lady Dies After Posting "If I Die During Lockdown No Need For Autopsy" / If I Masturbate Am I Still A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by deavicky(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:
Please doctors in the house I need your help;

I noticed it first last year but I didn't pay attention to it thinking it was normal for one to be lightheaded after walking under the sun for a couple of minutes. Immediately it happened, I laid down on the bare floor like that till the sun goes down( I noticed peeps were shouting at my friend to do something to help me, I just signalled for her to let me be because I couldn't move a muscle so there's nothing she could have done to help me at that moment ).

Now the reason why I created this thread is that it repeated itself again today and it was sooo embarrassing because it happened in the market where I went to get some food items. Some market women had to empty chilled water on me from head to toe cry took me about 20minutes to get acquainted with my surroundings.

Meanwhile, while growing up I noticed my body doesn't fancy the sun that much but I thought as I get older, everything would have normalized.
Please who has experienced this before and how did you overcome it?
Doctors in the house, what could be the cause of it and the solutions?
Thank you
P.S: Someone said I have a light blood and pressure isn't good for me, please how true is that and can one be assumed to have a light blood (if there's any word like that)
you don't have any problem other than been born in the wrong country. Plan to go to iceland or anywhere colder.
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by shantti(m): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

Sister op....you might have a hole in the heart

Anyway it might just be your unique problem

Like me I have this unique problem....
I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car us much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit

That car sickness nwokem, it happened to me when i was still small, the smell of the interior of any car apart from my mothers made me to always throw up and made my head to spin so i would have to close my eyes till i reach my destination. It was only my mothers car that didnt make me have car sickness
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Olisehinnocent: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Blame it on Amotekun. They are the one that caused it cheesy
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
This life no balance.

And me I am allergic to rain.
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by ItzWilly(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=Michelle55 post=90015302]Please doctors in the house I need your help;

I noticed it first last year but I didn't pay attention to it thinking it was normal for one to be lightheaded after walking under the sun for a couple of minutes. Immediately it happened, I laid down on the bare floor like that till the sun goes down( I noticed peeps were shouting at my friend to do something to help me, I just signalled for her to let me be because I couldn't move a muscle so there's nothing she could have done to help me at that moment ).

Now the reason why I created this thread is that it repeated itself again today and it was sooo embarrassing because it happened in the market where I went to get some food items. Some market women had to empty chilled water on me from head to toe cry took me about 20minutes to get acquainted with my surroundings.

Meanwhile, while growing up I noticed my body doesn't fancy the sun.

Congratulations...you're now d latest MICHEAL JACKSON...
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by gulfer: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Your are a daughter of the sun, you need to make atonements, dm me for details cool cool cool cool
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by JimmyDarmody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Meanwhile, while growing up I noticed my body doesn't fancy the sun that much but I thought as I get older, everything would have normalized.
Thank you
P.S: Someone said I have a light blood and pressure isn't good for me, please how true is that and can one be assumed to have a light blood (if there's any word like that)
I experienced same. I just don stay under the sun for too long.
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by niibontey(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
This is a very strange condition
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by chii8(f): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car us much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit

My brother,I do have that your car- vomit issue oooo,it makes me feel embarrassed.In fact,any time I enter a car or bus and inhales the smoke from the car/bus or other mobiles on the road,fiam......I will start developing every malaria and typhoid symptoms with pregnancy symptoms sef.If I'm traveling from Lagos to Onitsha,I will have to eat or drink nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Lucrativress(f): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
ibnzubair:
@Michelle55

Well, I don't think the sun itself is the problem, it's perhaps due to a condition called orthostatic hypotension. There could be other possible reasons, but this is the most likely.

It happens when your blood pressure fails to adapt to appropriately to change in posture i.e. when you stand for long your blood pressure remains low, the brain doesn't get enough blood, you 'collapse' or faint and remaining on the flat position on the floor allow blood to reach your brain, then you're able to get up again.

The possible role of the sun is dehydration; in which you have less water in your body, hence less blood volume ergo, lower blood pressure which triggers the above scenario.

My advice;
1. Drink enough water: harmattan is almost upon us, and dehydration is very common with the season.

2. Go to the hospital for a diagnosis; including measurement of your blood pressure while seated, lying down etc.

3. If you're on any antihypertensives, discuss with your doctor for alternatives. Orthostatic hypotension is a complication of some antihypertensives.

4. Pray for Nigeria

Peace.
I was waiting for someone to mention hypotension and you sure did,it's good she can identify the trigger,I guess her blood level will be pretty low when it happens,it makes it fluctuate,she should go to a good general Hospital,the thing can get worse if she doesn't attend to it medically,with time it'll only turn to a giddiness she can handle

1 Like

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Lucrativress(f): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
@OP after you've been treated invest in glucose and vitamins,also eat regularly,invest in fruits
I wish there's a permanent remedy to giddiness and nausea
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Azarina: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Thank you

op, I have this similar experience
it's happens when the sun is the hottest.i know when I'm about to faint so I find a place to rest and ask for cold water

funny enough people will assist me, make I no die for their domot
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Erojepromise(f): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

l actually have the same tendencies too , carsickness it's called .... if l am in a car that has AC unit in it l don't die be that l won't feel good all throughout the ride though it was actually buses and cars when l was little but a time went by l noticed l stopped having those nauseous symptoms in buses
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by chaloskyx: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
OGA YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A VAMPIRE ABEG
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by arsenal444(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
You relate to Clark Kent for Smallville?
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by ViktorCash: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
grin grin
tyup:
Antarctica is where you should be OP....if you have money relocate there lipsrsealed
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Michaelota: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
You must be a vimpire sister, just drink lots of water even when not thirsty and use glasses.
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by calebonuja: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
You need to see a doctor. Seems you're meant to live in cool environment o. You suppose dey yanki o. Well I'm just saying but you should think about it...your name even sounds yankish lolz.
Jokes aside TRY SEE A DOCTOR ASAP
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by SAVAGEBETS: 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Thank you

You have a classic case of "HEAT STROKE". There are two types of great stroke, external heat stroke comes with sweating and every other thing you listed while classic heat stroke happens without sweating.. I'm my case my body itches like mad when I'm in the sun when its madness starts.

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Thank you
u re a vampire, vampires walk only at night grin
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by AFONJACOW(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
That means u will choke to dead if you step ur foot in Ajman UAE around July And September
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by ibnzubair(m): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
Osezzua:

This is personally very helpful to me.

Cheers man
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by anykey: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Thank you
Do you sometimes feel palpitations? Like a pulse travels from your chest, up to the base of your throat?
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by jessikoholic: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car is much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit

Motion sickness?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Crownwhale(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lol grin You answered what you are called... Doctor of criticism
Millenniumlady:
What work does your boyfriend do ? Are you sure he's not a yahoo guy
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by koolaid87: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
After drinking many Heineken, na to vomit sure pass nah

Real Niggah

quote author=slawormiir post=96215388]damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car is much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit [/quote]
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Drone95(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hmm. OP try to avoid sun, Mami water & sun aren't friends o
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by germanybyfireoo: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
Michelle55:

Thank you

Hi! I had this has well and thought I had LBP and also a weak heart, until I went abroad for treatments. Your iron level is low, really really low. And if you bleed maybe due to pile it gets worse. So you need to get your iron levels up.
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by bleskid: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
your English I don't even understand ,, all I see is you and sun
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by lavenjcrown(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Also experiencing the same thing here, but when I went for medical check up, the doctor said I'm not fit to live in this country that he suggest I should travel to a country like Canada, but since then, money for traveling na big issue.

1 Like

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by techtechh: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kevinsamba:
Do you feel like blacking out
And does your ear seem blocked at that moment
Why does this happen
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by luglio: 12:25am On Nov 20, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car is much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit

Sounds like motion sickness. Chew bitter kola slowly while on such trips. It should help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Container With Suspected Toxic Waste Abandoned In Lagos / Applicant Dies Inside Ikoyi Passport Office Toilet / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.