Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? (58048 Views)

N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by unikwa: 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
You can fix it.
Consult dentists about getting braces.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by kingcalipha(m): 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
I will urge you to go back to the drawing board and see if there are things you do wrong during oral interviews.
There might be questions you answer to the best of your knowledge, but not what the recruiters are looking for.
Don't blame your gap teeth, recruiters needs what you can offer more than your appearance.

If you have a LinkedIn account, I recommend you connect with HR personnel's, get to know some things about oral interviews.

Above all, stay strong and keep pushing.

From someone who have been there before.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by KingMicky3286: 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
God and shave that bear, look responsible and apply again.

quote author=barnny post=90017691]Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Without been told I already knew My open teeth is behind this again.
Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by cashmoney2015: 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
That is a broken teeth n not a space teeth, such teeth's makes u more a fighter

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by ohinoyee(m): 5:43pm On May 27, 2020
It may not be ur gap teeth, it may b ur village ppl
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Abbeylanre15(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2020
Nothing is wrong with you man. Gap Teeth that people flaunt with pride. Your own job will come,just work on your self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Cousin9999: 5:44pm On May 27, 2020
You do banking with your teeth? You better tell all the finance students to stop wasting time and just brush their teeth.

Use your network to find a position, or find an internship.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Hallabee1(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2020
Nothing way Musa no go see for gate...
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Taye4j: 5:46pm On May 27, 2020
I have a very close friend with gap tooth who works in the bank. Gap tooth can never be a reason for disqualification in the bank.

Maybe you need to probe more and see what the issue is. However, competition for banking job is very high. When someone says you did well in your aptitude test, that doesn't mean you have the best mark. There may be people who have a better mark than you and there are a limited number of people to be picked.

Also, if you pass your aptitude test, you still have to go for an interview and that's where the problem is for most people. Some people start trembling as soon as they stand in front of 4 or 5 people and composure and confidence is one of the qualities they want.

All in all, there are so many factors that might be responsible and you equally need to work on your self esteem.

Gap tooth as a reason is a NO NO.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ernest5: 5:46pm On May 27, 2020
Bank work...who wants bank work this days after Access bank issues. Guy look for govt work or start a business.

4 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Lexusgs430: 5:46pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry

Then visit a reputable dentist.....
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ikembasunda1(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2020
Lala ending up sitting for one olodo at home for a job interview, Nigerian jobs is miraculous.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by holybabayo(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2020
I know when things are not working, people look for reasons and you can just pick on anything and belief. Gap teeth can never be a problem.
Everything was ok but still you were not accepted. Perhaps the jobs have been very competitive and some other persons edge you by a margin.
Study more, prepare better. You will make it

5 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by fr3do(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
did you go to the interview with that facial hair?

4 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Farki: 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
As much as people like to deceive themselves looks matter, especially when what you are offering isn't that hard to find.

If you have low self esteem maybe see a dentist if you can afford it, if you can't work on your confidence because your looks are clearly affected it.

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
Op , you don't know your problem yet.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2020
Ode grin
santino09:
Or maybe mouth odour sad sad sad sad
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by salford1: 5:49pm On May 27, 2020
Nothing to do with your gap tooth.
Don't stress yourself.
Have you not seen disabled people working in great organizations?
If employers can give disabled people a chance, how much more those with gap tooth or any other physical features.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2020
If you have a solutution why not share with him? Do you think he's happy with the way things are turning out for him? Una get for body .
Ladycewhy:
Op , you don't know your problem yet.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by maclatunji: 5:51pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.

You might want to see a dentist, it looks more like you lost a tooth than having gap tooth. The recruiters might think you are a street fighter in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by StubbornGENIUS: 5:51pm On May 27, 2020
merieam16:
picz or idontbelieveit
How are we sure you are a female sef Anyway OP,maybe you should get a new outfit for your job interviews.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by zoezoelogistics(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2020
The issue is not and will never be your gap teeth. Never.
Those jobs were simply never your job.

I had attended an interview where I knew I performed extremely below expectations. Everything pointed to the fact that I would not get the job.
But guess what, I got the job and the salary was 150k with outstation allowance of 2k/day which made me net upto 210k monthly.

It was a foremost consulting job.

See when Grace speaks for you, not even the devil can say no.

My advice: Let the presence of God go with you and men will never see your flaws.

To anyone reading this who doesn’t know Jesus yet, I am using this opportunity to invite you to surrender your life to him today.

Jesus loves you and wants you saved.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Cousin9999: 5:53pm On May 27, 2020
You should also go to some industry events and network as well as do some free training. I don't know what's happening now in that regard, but things will soon be back to normal.

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Reference(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2020
maclatunji:

You might want to see a dentist, it looks more like you lost a tooth than having gap tooth. The recruiters might think you are a street fighter in disguise.

This man. Are you still around. Long time.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by stainlessnature: 5:54pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:

Don't be discouraged. Don't for any reason bring down your self-esteem. I have gap tooth and I work in a bank. And I have a lot of colleagues with same and they are doing very well.

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Dayoebe(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2020
In as much as I like working in an established organisation, I will prefer to own my business if I have the capital and managerial experience.

Gap teeth is a cheap excuse for not employing. Let this be a motivation for you, turn your failures into testimony.
We shall all make it one day!
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:55pm On May 27, 2020
Businesses and organisations should be hiring people with gap teeth. They have some of the cutest smiles smiley

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by merieam16(f): 5:55pm On May 27, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
How are we sure you are a female sef Anyway OP,maybe you should get a new outfit for your job interviews.
lol. u went 2 check my picz abi
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by OKTolu: 5:56pm On May 27, 2020
I don't think so bro,maybe they are using another criteria to disqualified you but definitely not gap tooth

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Mbenny(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2020
maybe you were not dressed corporately in suit.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by GraphicDesigner(f): 5:56pm On May 27, 2020
Very simple... Go learn handwork... It pays better and gives you 100% security and satisfaction... Do what u love tho. As for me.. Its my graphics...

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September / UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 / NDLEA Aptitude Test 2019: Candidates Climb Buildings, Struggle In Kano, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.