Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy (56852 Views)

School Reopening: FG Gives Fresh Directives For The Safe Reopening Of Universiti / School Reopening: FG Speaks On Resumption Date And Guidelines To Follow. / BREAKING] School Reopening: FG Considers Morning, Afternoon Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by dre11(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2020
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic has assured Nigerians that plans for safe reopening of schools across the country were being put together.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman of the PTF, Mr Boss Mustapha, gave the assurance on Wednesday during the daily media briefing by the task force in Abuja.

The PTF, however lamented that the need to shut schools, as part of the measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, had compounded the challenge of out of school children.

The SGF also used the time to charge state and local government authorities, as well as proprietors of schools, to start putting measures in place that could be help in early and safe reopening of schools.

“Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the nation was faced with the challenge of out of school children. This has now been compounded by the compelling need for closure of schools as part of the measures to limit the spread of the virus.

“The PTF has been deliberating on this situation and wish to inform Nigerians that the Federal Ministry of Education will roll out measures to be put in place for safe re-opening of our schools.

“The Hon. Minister of Education (State) will be elaborating on the subject, this afternoon. He will also clarify the purported announcement of the resumption date which went viral last week.

“The PTF wishes to use the occasion of this celebration to congratulate our children and assure them, their parents and all stakeholders alike, that all hands are on deck to reopen the schools at a safe time.

“We therefore use this medium to urge States, local governments, proprietors and other stakeholders to begin to take steps that will facilitate an early and safe reopening”, he said.

“In some of our previous briefings, the PTF hinted about the strengthening of community engagement in the control of COVID-19. I am pleased to inform you that a protocol has been developed and it gives community members greater involvement and ownership in identifying and supporting the case management process. The details will be unfolded in the coming days”, he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-fg-to-roll-out-policy-on-schools-reopening/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by dre11(m): 5:53pm On May 27, 2020
School reopening: FG considers morning, afternoon classes

Kayode Oyero

The Federal Government says it is thinking of sectionalising classes for primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions in the country ahead of school reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, stated this on Wednesday during a briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja.

The minister, who faulted the reports that schools would reopen in the country on June 8, said the government could not afford to take any costly risk, especially as it regards the safety of pupils and students in the country.

He said, “Until we are sure these children can go to school, return safely and not bring up with them COVID-19 and infect people who are more susceptible than they are, then we are running a huge risk and God forbid, in our hurry, something happens to our children, I am not sure how anybody will be able to retrieve what has been lost.”

Nwajiuba said the ministry is being guided by the advice of experts as well as those of the World Health Organisation, noting that the decision to reopen schools in the country would be carefully arrived at because education is on the concurrent list of the Nigerian Constitution.

He appealed to private owners of schools in the country to co-operate with the government in ensuring the safe reopening of schools in the country.

“We are going to publish a specification on what we expect COVID-19 or post-COVID-19 reopening to look like. We are not talking about coping with COVID-19 but in spite of COVID-19, we expect that we will adapt.

“For a country that has over 115,000 primary schools, you will understand that 35,000 of these who are private must agree to set up the same standard in other to allow children to go in.

“We may have classes in the morning and classes in the afternoon so that we will have the whole of the infrastructure divided provided they can serve us. I am not sure we will have classes at night. But we can do with morning and afternoon for now,” he explained.

Nwajiuba said aside ensuring that social distancing is observed when schools reopen, said the ministry is working on sanitation in the schools, noting that the government wants to ensure that all schools could deploy pedal-push handwashing machines.

https://punchng.com/breaking-school-reopening-fg-considers-morning-afternoon-classes/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Juliusmomoh: 5:59pm On May 27, 2020
My question is : when will it open

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by chatinent: 6:00pm On May 27, 2020
Why do my hands shake in anticipation anytime I see any news related to reopening of schools?

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by HazardMan(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2020
chatinent:
Why do my hands shake in anticipation anytime I see any news related to reopening of schools?
See you..... What are you anticipating? Lazy student

15 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by chatinent: 6:19pm On May 27, 2020
HazardMan:

See you..... What are you anticipating? Lazy student
You mustn't sound brusquely. I'm a teacher whose job was stolen by a virus.

255 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Abfinest007(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2020
Nonsense people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by weblord1900: 6:20pm On May 27, 2020
Imagine a Social distancing in exam hall.
How e go be? grin

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by paulolee(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2020
good...chai...its just lyk a bitter sweet news to me..now wey i don de happy for getting a new job as an online punter as football matches don de resume naim school wan kum open?? na wah oo...in as much as i have missed my school pals n especially the girls, i still think that f.g should wait a little longer mayb around November to resume because our school was about starting exams when the covid break started n the worst part is that we are not part of the ASUU strike...how man wan take go write exams like this where my head don block finish, cnt even remember wen i kept all the materials i photocopied to read for exams n still trying to remember my reg number and the worst part be say i don chop d 10k wey department bin send me to arrange some items in the office, las las i go tell them say i use am as palliative...d news weak me o...chaiiii

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by PureGoldh(m): 6:20pm On May 27, 2020
Dem don cash out finish

3 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Spaxon(f): 6:20pm On May 27, 2020
WHENEVER THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND THE NCDC FEEL THIS GAME SHOULD END, THEY'LL REALIZE ITS NOT EVERYTHING THAT'S ABOUT MAKING MONEY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Sacchi1162(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2020
Finally. My only issue is that exams is waiting for me upon resumption and I'm not ready but I just want to resume sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by jericco1(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2020
On paper it looks feasible but I know my country, they can never sustain anything reasonable undecided
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Rilwayne001: 6:21pm On May 27, 2020
ASUU is waiting at the corner too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by oyindare(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2020
Fake news����

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by areson: 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
Life has to continue. let's hope kids will abide to safe practices
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Nltaliban(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by rago(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
The Kids in my neighborhood are tired. I wish they return to school ASAP.

7 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Gallant12: 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
It is to to to all the time

Kids are tired please

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by RapistOnBail: 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
Abeg i am enjoying the break. Its giving me more life reality knowledge than I've ever gotten in school.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Flier: 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
May God help us
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by oka4ugoo: 6:23pm On May 27, 2020
A govt without modality. They are still considering, what exactly have they been doing all this while? Instead of announcing the date school should reopen together with measures every school must be put in place, they are here talking their usual nonsense. This govt na pure scam

7 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by vizzyswagh(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2020
sad
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by protonz(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2020
Oga make una play us correct score make we know how fa, if na to enter street make person know nah angry

2 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Bbbwings: 6:24pm On May 27, 2020
oyindare:
Fake news����
No be this guy dey chop chicken for that meme
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by KayCee92(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2020
Please na, don't open up so fast. Especially the schools. There is a certain state in the USA now that opened up and the cases suddenly increased. Don't resume so quick. Make them no come kee person here abeg. Make everybody dey where them dey for now. grin

4 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by Ezedikechinedu1(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2020
Las Las dem go stay at home till 2025
Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by ojun50(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2020
Abeg Make them do fast, my woman do dey do any how

3 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by joshjc(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2020
It's too early to reopen school's

9 Likes

Re: Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy by GOFRONT(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2020
Audio Policy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Emmanuel Edeh Celebrates His 70th Birthday (Photos) / White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa / "The Truth About IG Yusuf's Sex Scandal With Grace, 400l IBB University Student"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.