Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! (2155 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / Husband And Wife Rock Themselves At Old Age, Got People Talking (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
smh

If u want to know why I said that, just ask

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by weblord1900: 6:24pm On May 27, 2020
Whether my parents like it or not I will take care of them.
Go and make peace with your parents sir

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 6:25pm On May 27, 2020
weblord1900:
lol, u never know
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 6:30pm On May 27, 2020
My duty is to give birth to them, raise them up properly and let them make a statement for themselves. They owe me nothing at oldage. I will be glad if they are taking care of themselves before I rest in peace.

8 Likes

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Sisijetue(f): 6:45pm On May 27, 2020
Poverty mentality....what stops you from taking care of your old parents if you are financially stable...ask baba God to pick up your calls

4 Likes

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 6:53pm On May 27, 2020
Sisijetue:
Poverty mentality....what stops you from taking care of your old parents if you are financially stable...ask baba God to pick up your calls
what's this one saying grin

4 Likes

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 27, 2020
This is Africa. It is not a MUST to take care of your aged parents i.e financially and emotionally but it is a good thing to do.
In my University days and Secondary School days, my parents always told me that " they were not training me in School to become something in future so as to help them in return but so that I won't be a BURDEN to them in future".
Don't think your parent(s) are training or trained you in school because they want you to return the favor someday. Except maybe you are from a poor and wretched family with no Money, Assets or Investments that they can rely on.

1 Like

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Princecanada: 7:45pm On May 27, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
smh

My friend stop that thing you are smoking. If your parents need care, you are obligated to provide that care if you have the capacity. Parents and people generally become dependent at old age, and most times look up to their children for financial, material, and emotional support. Just as you were their responsibility when you were a child, they also become your responsibility when they grow old.

Abu na me you want to come take of your own parents? Please, I have my own parents to look after. Go and look after yours.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by PoliticallyInco: 7:50pm On May 27, 2020
The reason for birthing children is not so that they take care of you in your old age.

Though this is an African sentiment, but this is not the deal in nature.

The only reason this happens is because humans are not living by instincts alone. Humans should not function on instinct alone. Humans function on reasons as well. We aren't animals. Even in the animal kingdom, certain species take
care of the aged.

The question is, are we obliged to take care of the aged in our society? The answer is a resounding YES! We should. Because they are humans too. And because they played their part in creating and advancing the society (most often than not), we need to take care of them. Also, at old age most are sick and weak and require assistance. Do we abandon them? As humans the answer is no. As animals the answer is yes. Let the weak ones die of leaving a strong virile population.

Then when we look at it, most parents will want to be taken care of by those they know and are cofortable with. Just as a child would rather be taken care of by its parents, then be sent to a foster home or raided by foster parents.

So why the main reason for the propagation of the species is not so that they owe us a debt to take care of us in our old age, it is just reasonable that WE DO THE BEST WE CAN.
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 7:55pm On May 27, 2020
PoliticallyInco:
The reason for birthing children is not so that they take care of you in your old age.

Though this is an African sentiment, but this is not the deal in nature.

The only reason this happens is because humans are not living by instincts alone. Humans should not function on instinct alone. Humans function on reasons as well. We aren't animals. Even in the animal kingdom, certain species take
care of the aged.

The question is, are we obliged to take care of the aged in our society? The answer is a resounding YES! We should. Because they are humans too. And because they played thier part in creating and advancing the society (most often than not).

Then when we look at it, most parents will want to be taken care of by those they know and are cofortable with. Just as a child would rather be taken care of by its parents. So why the main reason for the propagation of the species is not so that they owe us a debt to take care of us in our old age, it is just reasonable that WE DO THE BEST WE CAN.

point
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 27, 2020
Well i would say it depends on the financial background of the parent.......if its from the high class the parents would probably not really need it buh if its d oder way round trust me its a must u take care of dem...
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:37am On May 28, 2020
Lanrex99:
Well i would say it depends on the financial background of the parent.......if its from the high class the parents would probably not really need it buh if its d oder way round trust me its a must u take care of dem...
point
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by sexylassie2(f): 10:01am On May 28, 2020
I still don't understand that mentality.

That is why many young parents are poor.

You have your family to take care of and also your parent.

More poor parents act like that, waiting for their kids to take care of them when old. Also their nothing bad if the child decides to help once in a while but making it seems they are entitled to their children finance is wrong.

Your purpose on earth is to train up your child and give the child space to flourish without pressure.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Macktaob(m): 10:41am On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
smh

Ever heard of "Black Tax"?
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Macktaob(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2020
sexylassie2:
I still don't understand that mentality.

That is why many young parents are poor.

You have your family to take care of and also your parent.

More poor parents act like that, waiting for their kids to take care of them when old. Also their nothing bad if the child decides to help once in a while but making it seems they are entitled to their children finance is wrong.

Your purpose on earth is to train up your child and give the child space to flourish without pressure.

Black Tax is an African thing hence to buttress your point on "why many young parents are poor". Not just young parents, most African youths except from rich backgrounds.

1 Like

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Ablyz(m): 10:47am On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
smh

some people self over sense no go kill dem make i kon dey raise animal abi
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 11:29am On May 28, 2020
Macktaob:

Ever heard of "Black Tax"?
No, teach me what it is
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 11:29am On May 28, 2020
Ablyz:
some people self over sense no go kill dem make i kon dey raise animal abi
grin
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by lograr(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
smh

You owe your parents nothing. Right??

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by EDGEof2MORO: 11:39am On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
smh

If you want to know if anyone on nairaland gives a shít

Click here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by EDGEof2MORO: 11:41am On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
what's this one saying grin

She's trying to say you are a poor person and I agree with her tongue

1 Like

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by EDGEof2MORO: 11:41am On May 28, 2020
weblord1900:

He's projecting his family issues on the internet grin

1 Like

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by Heloct(f): 11:49am On May 28, 2020
I owe my parents and other family members and even strangers the best and I will give it to them.

It doesn't matter if they have expectations or not. I will go beyond whatever expectation for them.

1 Like

Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by adexpa(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2020
We don't owe anyone in this life, no one is entitled to our money except our immediate family. If God bless you enough to bless others, your parents can be included if they are in need. It is not suppose to look like a must but it is reasonable to take care of them especially when they are seriously in need.
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:57pm On May 28, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:

She's trying to say you are a poor person and I agree with her tongue
Birds of desame plumage
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:58pm On May 28, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:

If you want to know if anyone on nairaland gives a shít
Click here
Ignoramus
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:58pm On May 28, 2020
lograr:

You owe your parents nothing. Right??
Not even a sausage roll !
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 12:59pm On May 28, 2020
adexpa:
We don't owe anyone in this life, no one is entitled to our money except our immediate family. If God bless you enough to bless others, your parents can be included if they are in need. It is not suppose to look like a must but it is reasonable to take care of them especially when they are seriously in need.
Family should go and sit down !
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Heloct:
I owe my parents and other family members and even strangers the best and I will give it to them.

It doesn't matter if they have expectations or not. I will go beyond whatever expectation for them.

When you finish taking care of yourself... you can then think about them...
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by ImModern(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2020
Why?. My mother gave birth to me at 50 and she was perfectly okay. I prefer older parents to younger parents because they are not really strict
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by lograr(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
Not even a sausage roll !

I understand you. They should have used condom
Re: Parents Raising Kids To Take Care Of Them At Old Age Is A Bad Idea ! by MadeINchenzen2: 2:28pm On May 28, 2020
lograr:

I understand you. They should have used condom
Yes they should... It is written and programmed that I must come out somewhere... preferably In the United States Of America.

I hope Buhari's government will permit you to buy sausage rolls for your parents at old age cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Me On This: / Please, This Girl Needs Your Help. / When Your Friend Commits Suicide Without Telling You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.