Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! (785 Views)

Gtbank Is Taking More Than One Week To Send Me Telex Copy Of FX Transaction / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by Charley2020: 9:27pm On May 27, 2020
Update: Turns out it was Netflix that charged me an Authorization to make sure my bank account is healthy. I'm still not happy with Gtbank though. They're still an annoying bank.

I was charged a pre-authorized sum of 3,600 Naira after I renewed my Netflix subscription and the charge was cleared today. A few hours later, I was charged again for the same transaction. That's two debits for one transaction.

If not for the fact that I monitor my bank balance closely, I would have missed this charge. Those who don't monitor their accounts like me would miss it. Gtbank probably steals millions from their customers' accounts every month. Now I have to waste my airtime in order to call them and ask them to refund my money, and the worst part of this is their customer care will argue with you instead of admitting it's their fault.

About a month ago, I transfered money to someone's account and it took a long time to process the transaction. After it was eventually completed, I received two debits alerts.

They duplicated the transaction themselves, and when I called them, their stupid and incompetent agent told me it was my fault, that I attempted it twice that's why I my account was debited twice, even though the transaction details clearly showed that there was less than a minute difference between both transactions.

If it wasn't for the lockdown and the resulting long queues at banks, I would have replaced this disgusting bank by now. I detest Gtbank so much right now. They went from being a great bank to one of the worst in Nigeria so quickly.
Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 27, 2020
Oga contact their customer care service and stop yarning rubbish about one of the best banks in Nigeria.

Gtbank rocks.

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by emae009(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2020
Register on ALAT by Wema. it's Nigeria's first digital bank.
Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by VickyRotex(f): 9:45pm On May 27, 2020
cc: ChiefZaddy - here's a similar issue (to yours on the thread you created) with GT Bank.

For context: https://www.nairaland.com/5885511/money-account-keeps-increasing-mysteriously#90021085

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by Charley2020: 9:55pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:
cc: ChiefZaddy - here's a similar issue (to yours on the thread you created) with GT Bank.

For context: https://www.nairaland.com/5885511/money-account-keeps-increasing-mysteriously#90021085
I checked out the thread. The debit I'm complaining about is also from Flutterwave Lekki NG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by ChiefZaddy: 10:12pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

Thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Pathetic Thieving Bank. Beware! by ChiefZaddy: 10:16pm On May 27, 2020
Charley2020:

I checked out the thread. The debit I'm complaining about is also from Flutterwave Lekki NG.
Your story is same with mine. It was after a failed transaction in which I was debited by Flutterwave but the payment didn't go through, that was when the whole saga started. I've sent GTBank an email, Flutterwave said I should use their dispute tool to trace the transaction I couldn't find anything.

Several cases of illegal deductions by Flutterwave online even here on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Led Strip Light To Beautify Your Home/ solar & inverter / Mr Ifeanyi Tony Onwubiko Pictured With Romeo's Pizza Executives / Let Me Be Your Palm Oil Plug.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.