Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) (50757 Views)

182 New COVID-19 Cases, 91 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 28 - (1038 Tested) / 313 New COVID-19 Cases, 89 Discharged And 5 deaths On May 24 - (1225 Tested) / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Monday60655(m): 7:14am On May 28, 2020
Finally, they have forcefully made Yeye Bello to cash in for them to carry covik 419 enter Kogi State.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by demoBaba: 7:19am On May 28, 2020
We don't even care about Covid-19 again, something must kill a man.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by newisd75: 7:19am On May 28, 2020
most of d testing device for coronavirus in nigeria are fake from china that give out false positive result. until nigeria get good testing device in many quantity, that is when we will know the true nature of coronavirus in nigeria
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Edusouls(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2020
Enugu State safest in the whole Nigeria
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Lekison(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2020
astonished:
how old are you? to even believe this nonsense

there no covid-19 in Nigeria, what we have is maleria in form of covid-419

oga don't mislead people o...there is covid19 in Nigeria. Infected person's may not be up to the numbers given but covid19 is real in Nigeria.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by SincerePet: 7:30am On May 28, 2020
References:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1265775840563998720?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/
To be sincere,its good as Gov.Obiano opened Anambra Economy on time with so many preventive measures put in place.Just look at Rivers State that locked Ikoku market spare parts dealers out of their shops for almost 2 months now.Cases kept multiplying.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2020
blowjohn:

U think COVID19 is lassa or hepatitis or tuberculosis or diabetes or malaria?
Better check again!

I'm well versed in pathophysiology and epidemiology...

Covid-19 is just another viral respiratory disease... All these noises are due to its being novel, global spread ( no thanks to the idiocy and insensitivity of globetrotters), virulence (which is not quite strange if we are to be honest).

In any case, the world is tired of running scared and hiding indoors!!!.. The disease is not going anywhere, any time soon. Wise nations are beginning to shift focus to more pressing issues like SURVIVAL (Economic Survival no less)!!!... Widespread poverty and hunger will do far more harm than any deadly virus ever will.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 7:50am On May 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Doesn't matter... There has never been, and there will never be an effective lockdown in this third world nation!!!

We just have to add Covid-19 to our very long list of ailments and age long diseases: Malaria, Polio, influenza, typhoid, Lassa Fever, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, Diabetes, etc... We have survived and thrived with them for centuries, another virus has not and will not make any difference!!!

This one spreads faster than those you mentioned and untill the vaccine is found, curtailing it is difficult. Check out thousands of deaths recorded in Europe and US alone, its scaring. Health is wealth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 7:51am On May 28, 2020
Ishilove:
I stopped following the figures when confirmed cases were still about 5,000. Smh

If you love and value your intelligence and peace of mind, that's the best thing to do!!!

These liars we call leaders will just further wreck the lives of average Nigerians, and still won't care cos no amount of recession will ever affect them!!!
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Ishilove: 7:53am On May 28, 2020
No
Angelfrost:

If you love and value your intelligence and peace of mind, that's the best thing to do!!!

These liars we call leaders will just further wreck the lives of average Nigerians, and still won't care cos no amount of recession will ever affect them!!!
There is just something that rings false about the whole Covid 19 thing in Nigeria. No doubt we have genuine cases but right now there seems to be a whole lot of falsehood added to the mix.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Mvena(f): 7:56am On May 28, 2020
You dash my Benue state 7 na� na wa o
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by 2gbasky22(m): 8:01am On May 28, 2020
burgerpay1:
Copy cat!

you're seriously Maaarrdd

my post was done yesterday
and this shit up there was Don 6hours ago ....who does "FTC" on twitter.?
Ode!

Chai people don dey copy and paste my comment.
I am going places
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2020
AdaoraNK:

This one spreads faster than those you mentioned and untill the vaccine is found, curtailing it is difficult. Check out thousands of deaths recorded in Europe and US alone, its scaring. Health is wealth

You guys are just missing the whole point of my submission...

I'm not saying we should ignore the disease or pretend it away! The same way you can't treat the other infectious diseases with levity, all because you have treatment options... Even cholera and dysentery wreck mortal Havocs now and again to local communities; Malaria is still a threat to most parts of the developing world.

Like I told someone else up there, this virus should and can be contained while our lives go on... The past few months have done far more damage than you can imagine to people's lives; some will never recover financially, emotionally, and psychologically!!!

Even the hardest hit nations have started returning back to their lives, not because they have fully or even properly contained the virus. It's because they have told themselves the bitter truth: We can't hide away from the virus any longer!!! The world cannot continue like this ma!!!... The universe cannot, and will not survive continuous lockdown!!!... This is the hard cold truth!!!... Learning to live and survive with the virus is the current way forward!!!

Some of you here in Nigeria are yet to have a serious reality check! Hmmm... I feel sorry for a lot of you!!! Maybe it's because your lives are largely cushioned or have always been cushioned!!!.. But, that wall of financial security that gives some of us the leeway to keep advocating indoor living will not last! It can never be sustainable!!!... Soon, even the wealthy will join in condemning further lockdown and movement restrictions...

Haven't you observed that your leaders are now paying less attention to lockdown and movement restrictions??!... Even the emperor of Rivers state has lost interest!!! grin
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by blowjohn(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

I'm well versed in pathophysiology and epidemiology...

Covid-19 is just another viral respiratory disease... All these noises are due to its being novel, global spread ( no thanks to the idiocy and insensitivity of globetrotters), virulence (which is not quite strange if we are to be honest).

In any case, the world is tired of running scared and hiding indoors!!!.. The disease is not going anywhere, any time soon. Wise nations are beginning to shift focus to more pressing issues like SURVIVAL (Economic Survival no less)!!!... Widespread poverty and hunger will do far more harm than any deadly virus ever will.

Look at Lagos. They are living with it but the spread is increasing daily.
Lassa is something we know the source and is even restricted to certain places.
People keep saying malaria. U cant compare malaria to COVID19. The symptoms and complications of COVID19 are so many
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2020
Ishilove:
No
There is just something that rings false about the whole Covid 19 thing in Nigeria. No doubt we have genuine cases but right now there seems to be a whole lot of falsehood added to the mix.

The falsehood is monumental, shocking, and deeply embarrassing!!!...

The day I heard that Imo state had over 20 new cases in one day was the day I finally knew these jokers have lost all shame and dignity!!!... When I was reliably informed that no such number of individuals graced the isolation center, I just shook my head! undecided

See ehn, the bitter truth will eventually spill forth... Falsehood cannot be sustained in the long term! Let them keep robbing this nation of the limited resources!!! I pity the average Nigerians!!!
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by boookworm: 8:15am On May 28, 2020
blowjohn:

People keep saying malaria. U cant compare malaria to COVID19. The symptoms and complications of COVID19 are so many

I'm not saying we should ignore the disease or pretend it away! The same way you can't treat the other infectious diseases with levity, all because you have treatment options... Even cholera and dysentery wreck mortal Havocs now and again to local communities; Malaria is still a threat to most parts of the developing world.

Like I told someone else up there, this virus should and can be contained while our lives go on... The past few months have done far more damage than you can imagine to people's lives; some will never recover financially, emotionally, and psychologically!!!

Even the hardest hit nations have started returning back to their lives, not because they have fully or even properly contained the virus. It's because they have told themselves the bitter truth: We can't hide away from the virus any longer!!! The world cannot continue like this ma!!!... The universe cannot, and will not survive continuous lockdown!!!... This is the hard cold truth!!!... Learning to live and survive with the virus is the current way forward!!!

Some of you here in Nigeria are yet to have a serious reality check! Hmmm... I feel sorry for a lot of you!!! Maybe it's because your lives are largely cushioned or have always been cushioned!!!.. But, that wall of financial security that gives some of us the leeway to keep advocating indoor living will not last! It can never be sustainable!!!... Soon, even the wealthy will join in condemning further lockdown and movement restrictions...

#Copied

1 Like

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Mac2016(m): 8:16am On May 28, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Amen ooo
I sent you a mail
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:17am On May 28, 2020
kogi's debut record was out of pressure from the cabal that wanted the virus to go round in the country.

I doubt if Kogi has any true case.

btw,

who want come tell me say the number of cases confirmed yesternight by NCDC was real?

shey una never know say there is inflation of number here?

make una dey deceive una selves.

btw (2),

pls, what're the 3 local cures for corona that the Presidential Task Force has validated?

make dem quickly make it public cos no be everybody for we naija dey believe una again.

1 Like

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 8:18am On May 28, 2020
blowjohn:

Brother, I have not disagreed with you about how bad Covid-19 is... I just choose not to elevate it to the same level of godhood many of you have chosen to.

It will keep spreading till a vaccine is found! Even nations who have staunched or contained the spread will probably get back to square one once they reopen their economies and start allowing in foreigners (E.g China and Japan)!

People will catch the virus, get symptoms, take permission from work, get treated, recover and get back to work... Soon, natural resistance will become widespread among us (This is already happening)!!!!

1 Like

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by blowjohn(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2020
boookworm:

#Copied

Owk.
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by SirWarlock: 8:26am On May 28, 2020
Investnow2017:
Sad 3 countries recorded their highest new cases and highest new deaths within 24hrs:

India 7,234 / 190
Peru 6,154 / 195
Mexico 3,455 / 501
Colombia 1,101 / 29

New Milestones for these African countries:
South Africa 1,600+
Egypt 900+
Nigeria 389

Africa recorded their highest tally within the 24hrs 5,000+
Bro keep it up with the stats. It seems the lockdown in SA may have gone to waste sad
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 8:29am On May 28, 2020
Mac2016:

I sent you a mail

Yeah, OK seen and replied

1 Like

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by SirWarlock: 8:33am On May 28, 2020
chukasson:
how can we test less Dan 1000 sample in a day and return back 389 positive cases....Germany tested 1745, and returned only 10 positives last three weeks....England tested 1048, and returned only 4 positives this week....y is our own here different....they just keep boosting the figures....pls NCDC, stop deceiving us.....
Funny you think we have gotten to the stage of UK and Germany. Clearly those countries have reduced new infections ie flattened their curves which Nigeria is nowhere near due to our low testing angry as usual.

1 Like

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 8:39am On May 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Haven't you observed that your leaders are now paying less attention to lockdown and movement restrictions??!... Even the emperor of Rivers state has lost interest!!! grin

Sir I understand you very well but we must be sure that we instill the proper hygiene practice and government ready to take every necessary measure to contain it.

We are not practicing the guidelines to prevent it and governments it not even concerned, only to be happy rolling out figures.

Those countries you mentioned have strategised and strategies to contain it and they are good to go. Imagine the UK stayed indoors (not partial lockdown) for over 1 month to study, carry out tests and strategise on the pandemic before easing thier lockdown.

I don't wish anyone to die of this virus, but when we have life, we have hope.

Our government is not living up to its responsibilities.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Ishilove: 8:40am On May 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

The falsehood is monumental, shocking, and deeply embarrassing!!!...

The day I heard that Imo state had over 20 new cases in one day was the day I finally knew these jokers have lost all shame and dignity!!!... When I was reliably informed that no such number of individuals graced the isolation center, I just shook my head! undecided

See ehn, the bitter truth will eventually spill forth... Falsehood cannot be sustained in the long term! Let them keep robbing this nation of the limited resources!!! I pity the average Nigerians!!!
I am still in awe that these people are using a disease to line their pockets. Are they not afraid of the long term implications, especially the spiritual aspects? My brother I am afraid of Nigerians
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by Nobody: 8:59am On May 28, 2020
SirWarlock:
Bro keep it up with the stats. It seems the lockdown in SA may have gone to waste sad

If we didnt lockdown we could have been like england

We will peak around july because of winter season

We have tested ove 600k,
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by modsfucker: 9:04am On May 28, 2020
obataokenwa:
Lagos is the problem. Let's assume that today's 256 cases in Lagos alone all exposed themselves to five people each...we will be having 1,280 cases from within fourteen days period and within this fourteen days cos of the incompetent of the task force, the test is very slow...that 1280 will expose to atleast 10 people which will be total of 12,800. Now that number will still expose to atleast 10 people each...that's 128,000 cases.

Ladies and gentle men, do u see that we will never come out of this case?

Open the economy, tell everyone the drugs we should put in our pockets and we risk am. God will surely give us victory.

If I do calculation for careless Kano...we will be in this for the next 50years.

I believe eventually, every State will go the Kano way. Kano people have willingly exposed themselves all to the virus and got infected all. Some died along the way while others recovered... The case in Kano now is what we call 'herd immunity'...

Some weeks back, everyone in Kano was sick with the coronavirus symptoms, but now the sickness is over and people go about their businesses without wearing masks or using sanitizers and nobody is sick again.

Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by SolarEdge: 9:12am On May 28, 2020
It's well o
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2020
modsfucker:

I believe eventually, every State will go the Kano way. Kano people have willingly exposed themselves all to the virus and got infected all. Some died along the way while others recovered... The case in Kano now is what we call 'herd immunity'...

Some weeks back, everyone in Kano was sick with the coronavirus symptoms, but now the sickness is over and people go about their businesses without wearing masks or using sanitizers and nobody is sick again.
So is to let u know that no need shutting the economy down while suffering every one
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by TruthHurts100: 10:08am On May 28, 2020
We need to see where Kano is keeping their Covid-19 positive patients.

God go punish some people ehnnn
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by SirWarlock: 10:33am On May 28, 2020
Austine1213:

If we didnt lockdown we could have been like england

We will peak around july because of winter season

We have tested ove 600k,
But isn't it concerning that you're recording more cases now with the eased lockdown that during the lockdown? Or I'm missing the big picture? Cos I know Nigeria and other countries would kill to carry out this much tests but with reduced infection rates
Re: 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 116 Discharged And 5 Deaths On May 27 - (1422 Tested) by olumide4christ: 10:46am On May 28, 2020
..389 new cases...and Lagos has 256 cases in 1day...and they want to reopen schools, churches, airports and more businesses from the new month?

I just hope FG and LASG know what they are doing...I just hope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help,help,help Staphylococcus Is Ruining My Life / COVID-19: Professor Otegbayo Jesse Tests Positive / Dr. Onyekachi Nwabuko Arrested For Slapping Patient Repeatedly In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.