Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,135 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Chapter 1 Mother Tongue - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chapter 1 Mother Tongue (327 Views)

Dealing With Mother Tongue / Trying To Learn How To Speak My Mother Tongue In My Twenties! / Use Your Mother Tongue In All Social Gatherings – Ohanaeze Tells Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chapter 1 Mother Tongue by egbeagie(f): 12:49am On May 28, 2020
Chapter 1
Mother Tongue.
Mother tongue is our grass root language. There are 520 languages in Nigeria. The language of our great grandmothers, grandmothers, our forefathers the ones that have been before us. There is a general language for a particular region or tribe but there are sole languages for each kindred, tribe or household. Most of the time, the mother tongue can be different from the other just by a few distances away. You discover that a household that lives 10 -20 houses away speak a different language. Though there has been a correlation with the happening at the tower of babel where the people because of their oneness in thoughts and language built a tower that there had to be an intervention. It was recorded that afterward they all were given utterances and began to speak different languages but we cannot for sure say that is the grass root of our mother tongue but you would agree it’s the genesis of different languages.
One may lose his or her mother tongue and this is due to ignorance, environment, peers, background even education................

this is just a sneak peak of the special treat i have for you in June 2020. Be the first 50 to grab my Ebook when is out in June 2020 ,CLICK HERE https://forms.gle/rDKiDEeKMepbua449 to join the waiting list

(1) (Reply)

Oniru Residents expose Gbolahan Lawal's Crimes in Open Letter to Gov Sanwo-Olu / No Igbo-man As President And No Ezza-man As Governor. / The Best Herbalist In Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.