Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Mother Tongue - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mother Tongue (427 Views)

Poet Translates Nightfall In Soweto In His Mother's Tongue / How To Control Your Tongue / Being The Boy In A Boy's Tears On Earth's Tongue-a Universal Review Of The Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother Tongue by egbeagie(f): 1:13am On May 28, 2020
Chapter 1
Mother Tongue.
Mother tongue is our grass root language. There are 520 languages in Nigeria. The language of our great grandmothers, grandmothers, our forefathers the ones that have been before us. There is a general language for a particular region or tribe but there are sole languages for each kindred, tribe or household. Most of the time, the mother tongue can be different from the other just by a few distances away. You discover that a household that lives 10 -20 houses away speak a different language. Though there has been a correlation with the happening at the tower of babel where the people because of their oneness in thoughts and language built a tower that there had to be an intervention. It was recorded that afterward they all were given utterances and began to speak different languages but we cannot for sure say that is the grass root of our mother tongue but you would agree it’s the genesis of different languages.
One may lose his or her mother tongue and this is due to ignorance, environment, peers, background even education................

This is just a sneak peak of the special treat i have for you. Be the first 50 to grab my Ebook for free when it is out in June 2020 ,CLICK HERE https://forms.gle/rDKiDEeKMepbua449 to join the waiting list
Re: Mother Tongue by keentola(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2020
When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.”— Erasmus

Do You Know hat you can get 5 books for as low as 200 naira?

Now That You Know, what is stopping You from contacting me for your Books?

I sell ALL kinds of Books. My number is in my Bio.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Market My Story Books In Nigeria / Here Is A Platform That Pay Writers Up To 86k Monthly / NIGERIA @60: A Nairalander Poem For Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.