Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut (21214 Views)

Court Jails 6 Foreigners 7years For Oil Theft In Port Harcourt (photos) / Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia / Health, Education, Niger-Delta To Suffer ₦321 Billion Budget Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by AFONJACOW(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2020
I hope it's grandnut oil because that region is oil barren dry cursed landlocked desert..... Lol they want to use the pipeline they lay from Niger Delta to North to transport the oil unnotice to their region... Niger Deltans Ntooor
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:54pm On May 28, 2020
Sammy07:

Tap Wetin grin

Ain't you living in 9ja grin
So you know dis yet have chosen to see the Easterners as your enemies instead of the leeches up north
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
NaMeAboki:

One single person's alleged experience over probably one or two well heads (in relation to several others over the vast territories of exploration) against a collective report written and corroborated by a committee of several individuals - well done, good logic.

I hope you know the exploration is being done by our own NNPC and Chinese Oil coy. I hope you know both are capable of anything. They're not like shell, chevron or total.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by ednut1(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Your uncle was obviously telling you a big fat lie; because if you had properly read the article you would have come across where it mentioned over a BILLION barrels oil reserves found in the NE (and counting so far).

No need guessing how pained some of you are.
when production starts let me know and when they lay pipelines to transport also let me know. Jokers
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by EsomahJD: 1:37pm On May 28, 2020
Even in this dwindling economy.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Chicastle: 1:46pm On May 28, 2020
Zico5:
To be sincere, something must be done about these northern cabal before things get out of hands. They always think upsidedown. The amount of money they have wasted on fruitless search for oil in that region is alarming. Something must be done cos 2023 is too long.

You have said it all .

I don't have anything to say and i here by say comment closed
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 28, 2020
babaolofin:

I keep repeating it, the problem of the South is IBOs. Until the South is united, there is no restructuring. Under Obj, Obaseki as the MD of NNPC speaking on behalf of Oil majors and concerned NNPC technocrats suspended exploration in the North after decades of fruitless efforts with billions of dollars wasted.

With successful exploration by Chad at the Chad basin, Nigeria intensified efforts which consume money with little result. The first thing Yaradua did on coming to power was resumption of exploration in the North and establishment of University of Petroleum at Kaduna. The University sparked a lot of controversy, very hot controversy with Niger Delta people and South West Press insisted on PTI Effurun be converted to University of Petroleum. We won on the University issue.

There is no problem with exploration in the North, the problem is making laws that compel oil majors on JV partnership with NNPC to invest on it. In Lagos and Ghana, indigenous companies invested and put their investment at risk to carry out exploration. NDIMI, Danjuma and others from the North can privately explore for oil in the North and allow oil money from Niger Delta to be used for infrastructures.
Abeg explain, cos you made a premises and endeded up with a diffrfent conclusion
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Sammy07: 2:15pm On May 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

So you know dis yet have chosen to see the Easterners as your enemies instead of the leeches up north

Same as you guys see westerners as your enemies
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 28, 2020
What's it with the north and oil?
Why must their life miserably depend on it?
Wasting resources prospecting for a commodity that's quickly losing global value and importance rather than thinking out of the box.
Can't they focus more on developing other key areas of the comatose economy?
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Billygee2u: 4:47pm On May 28, 2020
phelonrays:
Nigeria is a total joke, dangling in APC's hand...

Imagine building another refinery when the one's we have hasn't produce a drop since February last year..

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by sulaak(m): 6:00pm On May 28, 2020
Zico5:
To be sincere, something must be done about these northern cabal before things get out of hands. They always think upsidedown. The amount of money they have wasted on fruitless search for oil in that region is alarming. Something must be done cos 2023 is too long.

I disagree with your assessment.

If Oil has been discovered in the North, it will reduce the Northern Nigeria dependency on the South, if at the same time they can integrate the Oil in the North with the Kaduna Refinery and petrochemical plant they can develop petrochemical feedstock for Northern industries.

The South is suffering from Northern Nigeria burden and underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Legendguru: 6:01pm On May 28, 2020
Northerners again

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by sulaak(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2020
ednut1:
when production starts let me know and when they lay pipelines to transport also let me know. Jokers

They will not lay pipe for transportation, read the article first. The Kaduna Refinery and petrochemical company can be integrated into the new oil field.

One of it is to create a hub around the production so that instead of pipping the crude oil from the North, we can create a development corridor around that product. We can build a refinery there and create businesses from the production using the oil as feedstock. We may not export but create development activities around the production.”
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by sylve11: 6:15pm On May 28, 2020
Bembellaa:
Nigeria will soon break up...

Even the north know that,The oil in the north is being reserved for future use.

Ask yourself why the delay in oil exploration in Lake Chad

This is a political game... For now every region is just feasting on Niger Delta oil

Na when Nigeria break up, na there reality go hit everybody, the north is preparing for this break up! But everybody is blind to see that

hmmm cool
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by chaloskyx: 6:32pm On May 28, 2020
Look we all know whats going on the North is trying desperately to position itself as an oil producing region so that when the motion for Nigerian breakup solidifies they can stand on their own. ii have no problem with that however what i have a problem with is wastage of the nations resources to find the impossible even with the current state of the economy. why dont the north rather invest in the agricultural sector create a nich for it self to become a major exporter and food basket of the nation now thats something you can venture into especially with reduction of the worlds dependence on oil. you see that is the problem with this country we dont think and this is cause we elect the wrong people in office. well if the west and eastern parts of the country have sense they had better start channelling state government resources into viable sectors of the economy so that each and every region can be completely independent economically.

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by NaMeAboki: 6:40pm On May 28, 2020
ednut1:

The only joker here is the who cannot read and comprehend and therefore appreciate that the issue of pipeline had already been clearly addressed in the article - go read again and figure.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by NaMeAboki: 6:47pm On May 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I hope you know the exploration is being done by our own NNPC and Chinese Oil coy. I hope you know both are capable of anything. They're not like shell, chevron or total.

Meaning what - that they will conspire together and hoodwink everybody to the effect that they found oil when in fact there was none?
So we should accept your layman's speculation over and above an official report? - keep trying.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 28, 2020
EMMAUGOH:

Abeg explain, cos you made a premises and endeded up with a diffrfent conclusion

Without unity in the South, restructuring will be impossible. There is no government on ground, no good governance. The South is too sophisticated to be subjected to ridicule. Covid - 19 has exposed so many things.

2 Likes

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:16pm On May 28, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Meaning what - that they will conspire together and hoodwink everybody to the effect that they found oil when in fact there was none?
So we should accept your layman's speculation over and above an official report? - keep trying.
When is production set to start? If you're ignorant, I'm not. If the prospects were so high in the first place, don't you think IOCs would have cashed in on the pie instead of the more expensive offshore drilling. Why haven't indimi and co who are from that region acquired the areas BTW? Or you think this is the first time oil exploration is being carried out in the north? There's oil in the north in large quantities... And dats groundnut oil grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:18pm On May 28, 2020
chaloskyx:
Look we all know whats going on the North is trying desperately to position itself as an oil producing region so that when the motion for Nigerian breakup solidifies they can stand on their own. ii have no problem with that however what i have a problem with is wastage of the nations resources to find the impossible even with the current state of the economy. why dont the north rather invest in the agricultural sector create a nich for it self to become a major exporter and food basket of the nation now thats something you can venture into especially with reduction of the worlds dependence on oil. you see that is the problem with this country we dont think and this is cause we elect the wrong people in office. well if the west and eastern parts of the country have sense they had better start channelling state government resources into viable sectors of the economy so that each and every region can be completely independent economically.
Your idea does not fit into the mentality of feeding bottle politics which the north are comfortable with. Out the window it goes.

2 Likes

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:20pm On May 28, 2020
sulaak:

They will not lay pipe for transportation, read the article first. The Kaduna Refinery and petrochemical company can be integrated into the new oil field.

The same comatose kd refinery? shocked grin
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by NaMeAboki: 8:25pm On May 28, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

When is production set to start? If you're ignorant, I'm not. If the prospects were so high in the first place, don't you think IOCs would have cashed in on the pie instead of the more expensive offshore drilling. Why haven't indimi and co who are from that region acquired the areas BTW? Or you think this is the first time oil exploration is being carried out in the north? There's oil in the north in large quantities... And dats groundnut oil grin grin

Above reference pertaining to Indimi & Co suggests you are quite ignorant of what you are talking.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Above reference pertaining to Indimi & Co suggests you are quite ignorant of what you are talking.
Lol. I know you in ur ignorance think it's govt's responsibility to prospect for oil. Ask yourself why folawiyo has been prospecting for oil in Lagos for the past 25 years while indimi, atiku, Sani Bello etc have fixed their eyes on the Niger delta while oil has been lying fallow in their backyard. Except..... They know it ain't nothing but groundnut oil
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by shiwex: 11:41pm On May 28, 2020
These northern fools know their time is coming to an end. The south is awake and might one day cut the north off, they are desperate now to use our tax payers money to keep looking for needle in the sand.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by NaMeAboki: 12:51am On May 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Lol. I know you in ur ignorance think it's govt's responsibility to prospect for oil. Ask yourself why folawiyo has been prospecting for oil in Lagos for the past 25 years while indimi, atiku, Sani Bello etc have fixed their eyes on the Niger delta while oil has been lying fallow in their backyard. Except..... They know it ain't nothing but groundnut oil

I guess in your tiny little mind; you assume those individuals have free unfettered access to explore as they wish - ever heard of oil blocs and how they are allocated?
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by darfay: 1:07am On May 29, 2020
Bembellaa:
Nigeria will soon break up...

Even the north know that,The oil in the north is being reserved for future use.

Ask yourself why the delay in oil exploration in Lake Chad

This is a political game... For now every region is just feasting on Niger Delta oil

Na when Nigeria break up, na there reality go hit everybody, the north is preparing for this break up! But everybody is blind to see that

Oil that is becoming useless especially with the Western world championing clean energy and zero Fossil fuel
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by sulaak(m): 1:38am On May 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The same comatose kd refinery? shocked grin

KD Refinery is not comatose, the refinery was built in the 1980s and in refinery age is quite young. The issue is the Nigeria government, they can't run a bath.

1 Like

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2020
sulaak:

KD Refinery is not comatose, the refinery was built in the 1980s and in refinery age is quite young. The issue is the Nigeria government, they can't run a bath.
Did I ask you the age or the issue? Is the refinery comatose or not.
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:59am On May 29, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I guess in your tiny little mind; you assume those individuals have free unfettered access to explore as they wish - ever heard of oil blocs and how they are allocated?
Lol. I heard they're allocated over a bottle of fura de nunu. Or remind me who is the petroleum minister again?
How folawiyo take be wey indimi no be pass am in dis govt? Stop clutching at groundnut oil abbeg cheesy
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Nobody: 7:19am On May 29, 2020
NaMeAboki:

So this is how unexposed and unenlightened you are. It is very useless and time wasting engaging you on matters that require cerebral power. Your individuals or kinsmen know how to allocate juicy oil wells in Niger Delta to themselves. Immediately they assume power the first thing in their mind is to auction Oil Prospecting License or Oil Mining License and who occupies National Security Adviser's office because of Security budget.

What stops them from auctioning the oil block in Chad basin? They have to coerce major oil company on JV partnership with NNPC to carry out exploration using the resources from Niger Delta. This generation or the future generation will suffer for this exploitation. The South East and the South South are fed up with you, the enlightened mind in yoruba land have seen your folly, for how long will your religious slaves in yorubaland remain in slavery?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by oyatz(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Pls, which of the states in northern Nigeria has oil?

Bauchi and Borno States.

Niger Republic, Tchad and Cameroon have all discovered crude oil on their sides of Lake Chad, why not Nigeria?
Re: FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut by Sammy07: 9:27am On May 29, 2020
oyatz:

Bauchi and Borno States.

Niger Republic, Tchad and Cameroon have all discovered crude oil on their sides of Lake Chad, why not Nigeria?

Hmm, Okay sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, National Assembly May Clash Over Ngige, Akpabio, Keyamo / Why Buhari Was Absent At Emergency FEC Meeting – Presidency / Victor Umeh Dances After Winning Anambra Senatorial Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.