Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Marriage: Before And After - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Before And After (60469 Views)

Do We Still Have Guys Who Can Wait Till Marriage Before Sex / 7 Most Important Secret You Need To Know About Marriage Before Saying Yes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Before And After by cococandy(f): 10:59am On May 28, 2020
liberalchick:

No, I didn’t marry the wrong person. I am just being realistic, living with someone for the rest of your life will not always be romantic and easy. There are different stages in marriages where it’s excellent, good, bad, sometimes ugly and then neutral.

Also, sometimes when people say their marriage is easy, sometimes it’s one sided, they are probably oblivious of their partner’s sacrifice to make the marriage an easy one for them.

@bold is so true.
Especially if they have fixed roles. One person may have their side pat down and doesn’t realize the other person is struggling to meet up to their end of the bargain.
Or they don’t realize their partner doesn’t like the sex (for example). And to them everything is fine

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Before And After by cococandy(f): 11:04am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

The sex part
We get old
Tired and can't learn new things
How do we keep it going considering how it was when we started?

I corrected my post. It’s 6 going on 7
I don’t know where I’m rushing to. grin

Keeping an open mind about the sex I guess cheesy

When I was younger I thought it would be a bad marriage if the husband and wife don’t have sex everyday. Cos you’re supposed to be attracted to each other all the time bla bla bla.

But you grow and learn each other. And you realize that if you’re both happy and content, whatever route you took to get there even if it doesn’t fit the ideal romance is a good one.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:08am On May 28, 2020
cococandy:

I corrected my post. It’s 6 going on 7
I don’t where I’m rushing to. grin

Keeping an open mind about the sex I guess cheesy

When I was younger I thought it would be a bad marriage if the husband and wife don’t have sex everyday. Cos you’re supposed to be attracted to each other all the time bla bla bla.

But you grow and learn each other. And you realize that if you’re both happy and content, whatever route you took to get there even if it doesn’t fit the ideal romance is a good one.

Na the sweetness dey make you rush
You know I actually see old couples
40years together
And I am like do they still Do?
grin cheesy cheesy grin

It isn't all about sex sha
The romance cuddles
There are so much more intimacy than chooking grin cheesy cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by crackkhaus: 11:10am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

Sometimes we all need sense
Don't you think you need more?
If I add any more sense to the one I'm already blessed with, I might just run mad.

22 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:12am On May 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

If I add any more sense to the one I'm already blessed with, I might just run mad.

The humour part isn't hard to acquire
You should try that route
kiss kiss

13 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by sisisioge: 11:14am On May 28, 2020
Hmmmm....definitely sounds scary and fun at the same time. If he's truly your friend, it would be more fun than scary. I know two people who got married as besties....they are still going strong now even though they've had their share of struggles.

Do it baby! grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Before And After by crackkhaus: 11:14am On May 28, 2020
babythug:
RE: How has it been with those married for 5years and counting? the joy, feeling, the tears, the arguments, the sex, I mean all of it....“

I’ve not been too lucky so far! Many dashed expectations and turbulent times through the marriage and even though now we are on a somewhat cruise control I can’t say I feel joy or peace at being here.

There are children and financials to consider hence why I’ve not moved on as it were!

But now I feel marriage is a game of chance and what you see is literally what you get. Some are able to get it right with a few tweaks here and there but for some
Despite best efforts it just won’t work.

For anyone looking to delve in , I’d just say give it your best shot and what will be will be !
Hmmmm...
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:15am On May 28, 2020
sisisioge:
Hmmmm....definitely sounds scary and fun at the same time. If he's truly your friend, it would be more fun than scary. I know two people who got married as besties....they are still going strong now even though they've had their share of struggles.

Do it baby! grin grin grin

The groom is probably still telling one small gyel he can't do without her
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by cococandy(f): 11:16am On May 28, 2020
You’re right.
Just lying down silently beside each other can get more intimate than sex.

Dyt:

Na the sweetness dey make you rush
You know I actually see old couples
40years together
And I am like do they still Do?
grin cheesy cheesy grin

It isn't all about sex sha
The romance cuddles
There are so much more intimacy than chooking grin cheesy cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by crackkhaus: 11:17am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

The humour part isn't hard to acquire
You should try that route
kiss kiss
Seems you're the one lacking in the humour department going by your previous triggered response. kiss

19 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

Seems you're the one lacking in the humour department going by your previous triggered response. kiss

You need a massage bro
Particularly on the head too
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by sisisioge: 11:25am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

The groom is probably still telling one small gyel he can't do without her
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Layelaye... grin grin grin

Really, be sure you two are on the same page first biko. That friendship almost guarantees peace and keeps other variables alive. We have a way of knowing these things if we really look. Sex, love, money, looks...aren't enough. Bobo that turns you to a fountain now by just looking at you may not even be able to flick your switch in 6months time if his wahala becomes too much grin

Also, consider a not too expensive Aso ebi o abi ke a Zoom attendance for we committee of well wishers grin
Re: Marriage: Before And After by crackkhaus: 11:27am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

You need a massage bro
Particularly on the head too
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
You need some tickles sis
Particularly on the ass too
grin

17 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:27am On May 28, 2020
sisisioge:

Layelaye... grin grin grin

Really, be sure you two are on the same page first biko. That friendship almost guarantees peace and keeps other variables alive. We have a way of knowing these things if we really look. Sex, love, money, looks...aren't enough. Bobo that turns you to a fountain now by just looking at you may not even be able to flick your switch in 6months time if his wahala becomes too much grin

Also, consider a not too expensive Aso ebi o abi ke a Zoom attendance for we committee of well wishers grin

Please find the groom and choose a very colourful aso ebi
Like pepper mint rona green cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Not ignoring the fact of compatibility in your text
**top-notch**
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

You need some tickles sis
Particularly on the ass too
grin

I just shivered

**why you do that bro**
grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by sisisioge: 11:29am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

Please find the groom and choose a very colourful aso ebi
Like pepper mint rona green cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Not ignoring the fact of compatibility in your text
**top-notch**

Fockless girl! grin grin

But really...really really... Nice.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 11:30am On May 28, 2020
sisisioge:

Fockless girl! grin grin

But really...really really... Nice.

I lurrrr ya
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by crackkhaus: 11:36am On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

I just shivered

**why you do that bro**
grin cheesy grin cheesy
You asked for it sis
kiss lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Hathor5(f): 12:16pm On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

You probably wouldn't have met a better narcissist grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Don't get me started

You don't seem to be narcissistic. Narcissists are actually insecure and compensating. wink

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by mrblessed(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2020
Plead:

This religious fanatic won’t stop displaying his stupidity all over the forum.
Most members of this graveyard have a knack for being foolish and mindless. I hold this viewpoint for two reasons as it concern this thread. First, the op invited only married people to share their experiences in marriage. Two, nowhere was an invitation given for theoretical hocus pocus, by those who believed they have the answer to marital challenges, even while they are unmarried.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 12:36pm On May 28, 2020
Hathor5:

You don't seem to be narcissistic. Narcissists are actually insecure and compensating. wink

excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Marriage: Before And After by Hathor5(f): 12:39pm On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

Makes you vain, not narcissistic. It takes more to be narcissistic. I want to believe you are not narcissistic and if you are let me be a fool because I don't want to think negatively of you. cool kiss

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 12:42pm On May 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Makes you vain, not narcissistic. It takes more to be narcissistic. I want to believe you are not narcissistic and if you are let me be a fool because I don't want to think negatively of you. cool kiss

You are totoring me
grin cheesy cheesy grin

I known there's more to being a narcissist but I just choose to be the lover of myself in my own self appreciation and not extending it to the full definition grin cheesy grin

However, you are loved right here *touches my heart**
kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Whitespring(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2020
liberalchick:
An ‘easy’ marriage is not common even for those in-love. Sometimes I think the concept of marriage is unnatural but necessary. If I am single again (knock on wood) in the future, I wouldn’t want to get married again. Marriages has its ebbs and flows. The first two years are difficult for obvious reasons. Then marriage challenges in year 8 (that’s generally the time most marriages hit a wall).

DH and I are in cruise control now, children are getting older, careers are taking off with more responsibilities. If you make it past year 7-8 unscathed, you are good.

Just a quick question, where you and your spouse exposed to books on marriage before marriage and during the marriage

I believe knowledge has a role to play for a successful marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Whitespring(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2020
Carchoice:
My sister, I thought it was only me that is feeling this way. My worry now is, after marriage, how can I just automatically stop admiring fine asxs and buubs. I can’t see that happening. It’s a future impossible occurrence.

Hmmm, how would you feel is your spouse does other wise to you? Men are sometimes too selfish, they want to do stuff to their spouse, same shit they can't take themselves.

You spouse should be your focus. Anything outside that can lead you to a path of unfaithfulness to your spouse

7 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by merieam16(f): 1:17pm On May 28, 2020
Plead:

This religious fanatic won’t stop displaying his stupidity all over the forum.
Cant u just read and pass. Nawa 4 u oo

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 28, 2020
Dyt:

Your house
undecided undecided undecided

OK. No need for the attitude.

Since you didn't clarify, be informed that you can't and shouldn't be in a 'class' with 'kids' at this critical time until further directive.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 2:00pm On May 28, 2020
Nnaabros:

OK. No need for the attitude.

Since you didn't clarify, be informed that you can't and shouldn't be in a 'class' with 'kids' at this critical time until further directive.

I can be in a class without being physically present sire

How do you do?
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Marriage: Before And After by liberalchick(f): 2:00pm On May 28, 2020
cococandy:
Married for 6 years going on 7.

I must tell you that the timeline people prescribe for certain things is often not the same for everyone. So the peak of your romance may not be when you expect it. Your difficult times may not be a the very beginning. Etc

What surprised me most is the inevitable fights you’re told that you’re supposed to be having. That may never happen depending on your temperament. So you may find yourself having dull boring disagreements that you won’t even know when it’s over. But nothing explosive that requires hot make up s*x like the romance books describe grin.

Absolutely! I should have highlighted that in my post. The timeline is not applicable to every marriage. Also, was going to grad school for the first three years of my marriage, juggling marriage, kids, and a hectic grad school was challenging. Going into marriage and everyone telling me the first few years are growing pains kinda helped me not freak out too much and settle into it.

Dyt, it wasn’t my intention to be all doom and gloom lol, that’s not reflective of all marriages and mine. I was just trying to be as honest as I can. I would definitely not trade my family for the world.

17 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by Dyt(f): 2:02pm On May 28, 2020
liberalchick:

Dyt, it wasn’t my intention to be all doom and gloom lol, that’s not reflective of all marriages and mine. I was just trying to be as honest as I can. I would definitely not trade my family for the world.

I totally get you

Family is everything

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Before And After by cococandy(f): 2:11pm On May 28, 2020
I loved your contribution.
It was true to you
smiley

liberalchick:

Absolutely! I should have highlighted that in my post. The timeline is not applicable to every marriage. Also, was going to grad school for the first three years of my marriage, juggling marriage, kids, and a hectic grad school was challenging. Going into marriage and everyone telling me the first few years are growing pains kinda helped me not freak out too much and settle into it.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Before And After by UjuJoan2: 2:14pm On May 28, 2020
Dyt:
What is Before, In Between and After?

Yeah we all know marriage is an institution between 2 persons with the aim to have offspring and companionship, but is this all we see and make of it?

I am a person that believes in relationship/marriage and tries to go far in making it work well except when it starts to affect my mental health (i cant go mad all in the name of i want it to work)

Some say marriage is easy while some say its a hard work, we all have different opinions..
I for one been married before, it didnt work not because i couldnt try but (my choice anyway)

I am considering going into another and all the things that we do that counts now may not in few years, I mean the sexiness, the kamasutra and all, well ofcourse i am not just gonna be offering just sex, we both got more to keep us going for a 100years to come (my favourite part is the friendship and companionship)...

I am scared sometimes waking up to him every other day and same way it excites me cheesy cheesy grin grin

How has it been with those married for 5years and counting? the joy, feeling, the tears, the arguments, the sex, I mean all of it....

I still feel so restricted, even though I've been married for going on 10yrs now. . . And my husband is one of the most liberal Nigerian husbands I know . . Yet I feel caged, and sometimes find myself wishing I was single and free . . . embarassed embarassed I wonder if that will ever end!

You've been married before, why do you even want to go there again? If my marriage ever ends, I'm NEVER getting hitched again. I'm staying single for life!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man weeps after discovering he’s not the biological father of his child. / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / Big Couple Excited For This Big Fish They Bought (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.