Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June (292 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / Mosques And Churches To Reopen In Lagos On August 7 & 9 Respectively / FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by LatestTori4Town: 9:45am On May 28, 2020

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has expressed its confidence that the ban on religious gatherings in the country could end by the first Sunday of June and churches will afterwards be reopened.

This was contained in a statement signed by CAN President, Rev Samson Ayokunle, on Wednesday.

Ayokunle noted that they have been in talks with the federal government over the measures to be put in place.

“We are in discussions with the Federal Government and are drawing the guidelines that churches would follow in order not to endanger the life of any worshipper and equally prevent COVID-19 infection,” part of the statement read.

It added: “We are hopeful that latest by the first Sunday in June, all our churches would open again for congregational worship under COVID-19 prevention regulations. As I said before, we are consulting with the government on this.”

Ayokunle also urged the government not to have any fear in reopening religious centres, as they are more organized than markets and banks.

Churches and mosques have remained closed for over eight weeks now. See more Tori4Town

1 Like

Re: CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by Coolbreeze1988(m): 9:47am On May 28, 2020
That's a good news, pls let them open school too, my children are giving me a tough time
Re: CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by AgentNairaland(f): 9:55am On May 28, 2020
Copy-Copy Country ¶
Re: CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by LatestTori4Town: 10:20am On May 28, 2020
Coolbreeze1988:
That's a good news, pls let them open school too, my children are giving me a tough time

hahahaha I can relate cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by Amujale(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
Christianity is one of the worst ideologies ever to set foot on African soil.
Re: CAN: Churches Might Reopen In June by Amujale(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist religions and focus our concentration on African history.

African history comprises of Agriculture,  Architecture, Arts, Astrounomy, Astrology, Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Medical sciences, Philosophy, Physical sciences e.t.c

https://www.nairaland.com/5795996/african-origin-civilisation

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Beliefs Are True / I Want To Know Why Fornication Is Greatest Sin / How Do Almighty Exists And This Thoughts Of Life Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.