Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Twisted Fate By Ilugbo Victoria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twisted Fate By Ilugbo Victoria (351 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twisted Fate By Windflower / TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twisted Fate By Ilugbo Victoria by AifeoluwaR: 12:09pm On May 28, 2020
: As a young girl, I've learnt a lot from life and what's expected from people. Being born by an harlot can be the most endangering thing that could ever happen to you. You know the nature of your mum's work, living without a father, she not having your time and then you have to work all by yourself if you wanna live a life. Well, I'm not complaining. I'm so used to it, I'm used to seeing my mum come into the house so drunk and helpless, used to cleaning up her mess whenever she throws up, used to being called a mistake, used to seeing the various kinds of men being brought by my mum every evening , then I have to fend for myself. My mum, being a drug addict and then being chased by the police can also be so terrifying, I can't recall the numbers of time our house has been patrolled but one way or the other, we've always scaled through their searches. I started school late because my mum's intention was for me never to school but I don't know what changed her mind, well she hasn't been fully supportive of me schooling so she barely pays for my fees or textbooks, I had to enroll into a public school so that way I won't be much of a bother to her. I don't ask her for money and I also try not to annoy her about school's talk. During my primary school days,I do go to school on slippers and have been humiliated severally by my teachers and headmistress and then many promises I've made to get myself a new pair of sandal, if it were those tokunmbo(fairly used) at least. Of course I couldn't afford brand new. My mum could get me any other things but things pertaining to school, she didn't want to hear about it.
There was a time after school, a teacher came into the class and was like she was looking for a sales girl, the one that would help her with her small trade immediately after school hours with the sum of one thousand five hundred per month! I was the first to raise my hands up and then I got my job.
I wake up as early as five every morning, I don't pray neither do I believe there's God or maybe I just chose to shut my mind off the possibilities of God existing. Then, I'll move to the kitchen and make us some breakfast and also lunch, at least by six to six thirty, I should be done cooking. I'll dish out the food and then go have my bath. By seven thirty, I'm outta the house and then after school hours which ends two o' clock, I'll go to my workplace and remain there until around seven in the night. My mum never noticed or maybe she never cared, being born was already a burden to her anyway,she do tell me she had aborted several of pregnancies and that she still doesn't know why she chose to keep mine and that she was already regretting having me. There was even a time she got so mad and I don't really know why but she promised to poison me or strangle me to death in my sleep, I got so terrified but something inside me kept on telling me she was only joking. Though she haven't done it yet, I'm hoping she would as time goes on so I'm always at alert so the day wouldn't catch up with me unaware. I got my first salary and then so excited, the first thing I got myself was a shoe, I also needed textbooks but all I needed was a little time to save some earnings. All that time, I was only thirteen. Read more>>
https://www.bronzeempire.com.ng/2020/05/twisted-fate-by-ilugbo-victoria.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Publish And Promote Your Books With Ioke Media. / Freelance Writer With An Understanding Of How The Economy/entrepreneurship Works / We Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.