Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion (2067 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Does Religion Matter? / Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2020

When i read the comments christians make on this forum, i am left perplexed. I don't mean to insult anyone.
After a while, this is my general observations about christians on this forum in general (i might be wrong, but i hope i can be proved otherwise):

1) No christian on this forum actually know anything about the bible. They just cite the verses they think support their claims. Wholistic reading of the bible is very hard for them as i have observed.

2) No christian on this forum actually know anything about their god Yahweh on a personal level. When you ask them questions personally about their relationship with their god, they still quote the bible for you. Totally odd for someone sharing a personal relationship with their god. One even cited that Yahweh saved him from snake as proof of his relationship with him. Sounds really absurd.

3) All christians on this forum resort to insults whenever they have nothing else to say in a discuss. Having a free flowing discuss without insults is a hard thing to do for them.
When having a discuss, you prove your point with better superior points/facts, not with insults.

4) Most christians go as far as getting angry over online discuss about religion.
This one is the most childish of it all, seeing as it is exactly the same thing they accuse Muslims of in real life.

5) All christians on this forum do not prove anything they say as fact, but get angry when you don't believe it.
This is ridiculous. When you are saying something is fact, then the onus is on you to prove it. However, when you say something as your opinion, then you don't have to prove it to anyone.
Christians on this forum don't know the difference between facts and opinions.

6) All christians on this forum never stick to one subject in a discuss.
I have observed that they always keep diverting and deviating until you are left wondering what you are even discussing.
This is a key attribute of people who don't know what they're doing.

7) All christians on this forum don't read to understand, but to argue.
That's why they always miss the point when they discuss about their religious beliefs.

8] They all claim to have a personal relationship with Jesus, but yet when you Question them directly on this relationship, they tell you that you need the holy spirit to understand it.
You are left wondering if this person is just mentally unstable or is it that they don't understand simple English. I mean, you are the one in relationship with your god, yet i need the holy spirit to understand your own relationship with your god?
It's really absurd and ridiculous to start with. The funny thing is that they don't even know how silly that statement sounds.

9) Then, there is the most annoying of it all, the living in denial.
I mean, even when you show them exactly how their thinking is wrong, they tell you they don't care that they're wrong.

Honestly, this is quite alarming. No wonder a shaman will tell his fellowers that he is casting out the spirit of heaviness, and thousands of people kept replying 'Amen' to the tweet.
Please, you guys should start using your head correctly. No wonder christians suffer from inferiority complex when they discuss with atheists. All an atheist has is his wit and logic, and it is gotten by simple rational reasoning.
I'm sorry to say this, but whenever you add your religious beliefs to your thought pattern, you can no longer reason rationally, it's hard.

I'm tired of seeing unintelligent comments from christians on this forum, it's quite appalling!

IAMMICHAEL IS A FREETHINKER with a mission to get all to start thinking rationally, and quit allowing their religious beliefs cloud their sense of reasoning.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2020
They are intelligent, untill it comes to religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2020
@ IamMichael,

I think you should edit your OP to SOME Christian's instead of ALL Christian's. Although it is your personal opinion.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2020
Dantedasz:
@ IamMichael,

I think you should edit your OP to SOME Christian's instead of ALL Christian's.
cheesy
Honestly, once someone proves me wrong, i will change it to 'some'.

The 'some' you think of is because they have not yet entered into a serious discuss that shatters their religious illusions.

3 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Honestly, once someone proves me wrong, i will change it to 'some'.

The 'some' you think of is because they have not yet entered into a serious discuss that shatters their religious illusions.

@Bolded,
Let's see if one of them will prove you wrong...... undecided
However you should change if just one of them can come along and do that.....
. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2020
Dantedasz:

@Bolded,
Let's see if one of them will prove you wrong...... undecided
However you should change if just one of them can come along and do that.....
. undecided
Yes, why not.

I want to be proved wrong.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Yes, why not.

I want to be proved wrong.

Okay, let's wait and see.....
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by MasterJayJay: 3:11pm On May 28, 2020
There is no greater foolishness than an atheist that claims to be a freethinker wondering to and fro in the religion section of an internet forum.

4 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by ThothHermes: 3:12pm On May 28, 2020
How come you are so bothered about the views of unintelligent people. Why does their unintelligence give you sleepness nights?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2020
MasterJayJay:
There is no greater foolishness than an atheist that claims to be a freethinker wondering to and fro in the religion section of an internet forum.

One of the Unintelligent Nairaland Christians i am talking about.

Instead of focusing on the point's raised and rebutting it, he is already confirming what i said about them by trying to divert.

Meaning of Intelligence below:

10 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:34pm On May 28, 2020
ThothHermes:
How come you are so bothered about the views of unintelligent people. Why does their unintelligence give you sleepness nights?
Their un-intelligence bothers me because it is with the same thinking that they operate in their immediate environment.
I am part of that immediate environment, and a look at the country tells exactly how this un-intelligence is manifesting. It affects me as a citizen, and i have the right to speak against it.

Nigeria as a country is ruled by people who grew up with this same trait, and the results are obvious for all to see.

11 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by MasterJayJay: 3:36pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:
[s]

One of the Unintelligent Nairaland Christians i am talking about.

Instead of focusing on the point's raised and rebutting it, he is already confirming what i said about them by trying to divert.

Meaning of Intelligence below: [/s]

Your intelligence remains foolishness in the religion section.

Go and start debating on how apes are your cousins according to evolution theory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2020
@ Dantedasz

I hope you are seeing it already?

I mean, the guy is on a website owned by an atheist while telling me i have no reason being on one of the sections in that website.

That's their way!!!

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by MasterJayJay: 3:52pm On May 28, 2020
^^^
Cry me River Niger.

You don't go to a sports forum and start disturbing them by saying sports is not good.

Your lack of intelligence has started to show.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Ghostrye: 3:58pm On May 28, 2020
is there any way to let this topic get more interaction from people, I need a highly religious yet intelligent person to prove you wrong...

And also to prove me wrong, but same thing
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 4:03pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:
@ Dantedasz

I hope you are seeing it already?

I mean, the guy is on a website owned by an atheist while telling me i have no reason being on one of the sections in that website.

That's their way!!!

cheesy wink grin
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Dantedasz(m): 4:06pm On May 28, 2020
Ghostrye:
is there any way to let this topic get more interaction from people, I need a highly religious yet intelligent person to prove you wrong...

I disagree with you and the OP,that there are NO intelligent Christian's on this forum. Surely one must come along soon to refute the OP....
cool
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: Forget it.

Once it comes to religion, they tend to leave intelligence behind and argue with emotions. Most especially when you are against their pastor, bishop or prophet.

6 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2020
MasterJayJay:

Lol... We understand that you're pained bro...
Don't worry, you'll be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by ThothHermes: 4:24pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Their un-intelligence bothers me because it is with the same thinking that they operate in their immediate environment.
How does their thinking affect their immediate environment?
I am part of that immediate environment, and a look at the country tells exactly how this un-intelligence is manifesting. It affects me as a citizen, and i have the right to speak against it.
The country is this way because of widespread corruption and bad governance. Not religion.

Nigeria as a country is ruled by people who grew up with this same trait, and the results are obvious for all to see.
Italy is a highly religious nation, so is Spain. Why are they developed?
North Korea is almost as bad, if not worse than Nigeria. There is no religion there. So where's the connection
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by etrange: 4:29pm On May 28, 2020
Ghostrye:

I am not a religious person but I think this thread would only attract those with a strong desire to prove they are intelligent (those who debate to impress and not to educate). I don't think really intelligent persons would be inclined to comment or debate on here. If you want to attract intelligent people, you'd have to express yourself intelligently. The title of this thread is tactless. Asides from being outrightly supercilious, it also sells as a glaring decoy that anyone with brains would want to ignore.

I mean, intelligent people don't go around trying to prove they are intelligent. They simply follow intelligent threads and regardless of the content of this particular thread, a title that calls on people to come and prove they are intelligent doesn't present the thread as an intelligent one. It, in fact, undersells the thread.

I could be wrong, this is just my opinion.

**Edit**
The title has been modified.

2 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by MasterJayJay: 4:29pm On May 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol... We understand that you're pained bro... Don't worry, you'll be fine.
The boring use of 'pained' when you have nothing to say. Clap for yourself.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Ghostrye: 4:33pm On May 28, 2020
etrange:

I am not a religious person but I think this thread would only attract those with a strong desire to prove they are intelligent (those who debate to impress and not to educate). I don't think really intelligent persons would be inclined to comment or debate on here. If you want to attract intelligent people, you'd have to express yourself intelligently. The title of this thread is tactless. Asides from being outrightly supercilious, it also sells as a glaring decoy that anyone with brains would want to ignore.

I mean, intelligent people don't go around trying to prove they are intelligent. They simply follow intelligent threads and regardless of the content of this particular thread, a title that calls on people to come and prove they are intelligent doesn't present the thread as an intelligent one. It, in fact, undersells the thread.

I could be wrong, this is just my opinion.
Nah, you are probably right. The topic isn't really the kind to draw those kind of people, even though the content isn't half bad

3 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
You're totally wrong.
Have you met these brothers?
Bro Jiggaz
Finallydead?

Take a tour through their posts and come back here and debunk your initial claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2020
ThothHermes:
The country is this way because of widespread corruption and bad governance. Not religion.

North Korea is almost as bad, if not worse than Nigeria. There is no religion there. So where's the connection
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2020
ThothHermes:

Did i say 'there is no intelligent Italian christian on Nairaland?
Did i say there is no intelligent Spanish christian on Nairaland?
Has any non-religious person ruled any part of Nigeria since independence?

You are already doing what i said in point no 7 .

All christians on this forum don't read to understand, but to argue.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by ThothHermes: 5:58pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Did i say 'there is no intelligent Italian christian on Nairaland?
Did i say there is no intelligent Spanish christian on Nairaland?
Has any non-religious person ruled any part of Nigeria since independence?

You are already doing what i said in point no 7 .
So how does thinking affect their immediate environment then?
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 6:03pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:
You're totally wrong.
Have you met these brothers?
Bro Jiggaz
Finallydead?

Take a tour through their posts and come back here and debunk your initial claims.
You are 100% certain that they will not exhibit any of the trait's i listed above? I have had a lot of them start out nice, but when they can no longer defend what they are asserting, they feign imaginary online anger(I don't know if they also transfer it to real life) or abruptly start insulting you, or start baiting you into running an online insulting match...and i detest it so much.

I'm asking because there is a thread i want to open, so that i will invite them to the thread.
Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

You are 100% certain that they will not exhibit any of the trait's i listed above? I have had a lot of them start out nice, but when they can no longer defend what they are asserting, they feign imaginary online anger(I don't know if they also transfer it to real life) or abruptly start insulting you, or start baiting you into running an online insulting match...and i detest it so much.

I'm asking because there is a thread i want to open, so that i will invite them to the thread.

Go ahead. They are not open to much argument though and that is the attitude i believe an intelligent believer and good bible scholar should have.

Try not to argue. And stay within the context of the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 6:37pm On May 28, 2020
ThothHermes:
So how does thinking affect their immediate environment then?
Let me show you an example.

- Christians are taught to believe that Satan, demons, angels, Jesus and Yahweh are real from birth.
As the child grows, he's continuosly fed the demon and devil stories, and being told that Satan makes people who worship him rich. The child grows up believing that nonsense. Then one day, he starts thinking money ritual is real, and the rest is history.
What If no-one ever told the child that Satan is real?

- The Government uses tax payers money to pay for useless religious pilgrimages for people of same faith. Yet, look at how the whole infrastructure of the country is.

- Religious institutions are busy teaching people about God's forgiveness, empowering people to behave as they want, maltreat others and do all sorts of nonsense because at the end of the day, all they have to do is ask God for forgiveness, and everything is settled.

- Some of this Religious institutions have necessitated the death of thousands because of certain health practices, endangering the life of its followers, causing people to die because their religious beliefs forbids them from getting proper medical care.

- Religion is the number one cause of division in Nigeria. It is always US V THEM, manifested mostly in Elections. Every day in this country, it's Muslim this, Christian that.
A typical christian will hate a Muslim for no reason, and vice Versa.
There is hardly anything without a religious undertone in it in Nigeria.

- Merely knowing that the other person is not of the same faith, creates a predisposed hatred. Goodluck getting a job at a place owned by a religious zealot.

- What of in school? Almost every private school is converted to christian religious centre.
I mean, religion is taught in schools to children. Children without capacity to know A from B are being bombarded with religious doctrines from childhood, and being robbed of their own freewill. Something that is against the Law of the Land, seeing as The Constitution guarantees freedom of religion. But, no! Children are forced to subscribe to the religion, denied the choice to choose.

- Then you hear absurd comments like "I'm just doing it because of God"...

- I don't even want to talk about terrorism, backbiting, and the rest that the churches and mosques create among its supposed adherents.
Even among the christians, divisions everywhere. Among Muslims, divisions everywhere.

- Not to talk of the perpetual ignorance it keeps the people in.

The list is uncountable.

5 Likes

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by OkCornel(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2020
@ IamMichael - intelligent Christians or intelligent theists you mean?

Just to be sure your topic isn’t misconstrued to imply the Muslims, Traditionalists, Deists etc have a free pass. Well, unless that’s what it is.

1 Like

Re: Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion by IamMichael(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2020
Eulalia:

Go ahead. They are not open to much argument though and that is the attitude i believe an intelligent believer and good bible scholar should have.

Try not to argue. And stick within the context of the Word of God.

- I'm not a christian, and i don't know what you mean by the word of god(except you are talking about the religious doctrines of christians popularly called Bible).

- Secondly, when you say God, i don't know who you are talking about. Except, from your statement, i am assuming you are talking about the christian god, Yahweh. If that's the case, i suggest you always properly identify it by its rightful name which is Yahweh. It makes it easier to know who you are talking about because I'm not your fellow adherent.

Regards!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Religions Are Purely For Deception / Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? / "Keep Watching Emmanuel TV" - Benny Hinn Says In Athens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.