Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 (24428 Views)

Question: Which Is The Most Populous Ethnic Group In Rivers State? / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by leaculpa: 3:09am On May 31, 2020
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by sesan85(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2020
unbitchable:

STFU!
I called you out first, so, i expect that you charge at me with your lying teeth. The reverse is the case for you spouting ignorantly and quite pathetically, thus, you do not only lack basic comprehension skills but basic reasoning abilities.
If you're too lazy to look it up in a dictionary, at least, you have a phone, use Google, damn it!

" Substantial" -- Large, Significant, Sizeable, Ample, Considerable.

Your initial post was well attacked because it was fradulently intended.
You might think this forum comprises as much dumb people as your radio biafra. You're nothing but a low level compulsive liar.
Imagine the colossal buffoon doubling down on his fraudulent, codeine-influenced claim. Now it's just 10% of Yorubas who have between 50%-70% and 80% of Igbo blood? As if that makes dubious claims better. How do these paranoid IPOB idiots just pull out figures from their own delusional asses? Does this clown know what 10% of the Yoruba population is? I've stopped replying the clown though.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by content208: 9:07am On May 31, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
The only tribe that dominate popoulously in their lands, second most populated outside their homelands after the indigenes in states within Nigeria and scattered in every nook and cranny of the world are the Igbos.
They have town union and ethnic union associations in every country and continent in the world.
It is just impossible to downplay their huge population.

Every other tribe in every other part of the world has town union and ethnic union. There is nothing special about having ethnic union in a foreign country
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by AhoadaRivers: 9:53am On May 31, 2020
content208:

Every other tribe in every other part of the world has town union and ethnic union. There is nothing special about having ethnic union in a foreign country

Mr yoruba, not every other tribe in every part of the world have town union. 2 or 3 yorubas visiting Indonesia or Cambodia at different times within a year cannot initiate a viable ethnic/town union.

I did my first PhD outside Nigeria and I am definitely far well travelled than you are. Take it or leave it.

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by phylshan: 11:01am On May 31, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Help me ask them,as far as I know ijaw is not more than 4m
They have stopped competing with Tiv over who comes 4th in Nigeria, they now port for international competition ko? Ok. They think GEJ is also the President of Africa so he can drag them to that position as he attempted to drag them to no. 4 in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Probz(m): 12:20pm On May 31, 2020
What exactly does it matter that Yoruba’s third after Igbo? Should they be relegated to number 10 instead? What’s there to fight about?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 31, 2020
Facts speaks louder than Lagos-Ibadan express journalism..

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
bigfrancis21:

This is why Nigerians fail SAT and GRE because they lack basic comprehension/reading skills.

Let me reiterate:
...a substantial number of Yorubas [say 10% of all Yorubas for example] have 50% Igbo blood to as high as 75% or 80% Igbo blood

...carries a different meaning from:

= Sesan85's interpretation of a basic comprehension passage. undecided
Baba I doff hat for you. Intelligence personified. Keep it up! Proud of you.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 12:44pm On May 31, 2020
UdechiHD:
Baba I doff hat for you. Intelligence personified. Keep it up! Proud of you.

When I rushed and called for his help, Yorubas didn't know what was about to hit them. grin

I just unleashed the dragon on them and took my sit to enjoy proceedings from sidelines.

The thread is already a wrap. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by forgiveness: 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
pazienza:

When I rushed and called for his help, Yorubas didn't know what was about to hit them. grin

I just unleashed the dragon on them and took my sit to enjoy proceedings from sidelines.

The thread is already a wrap. cheesy

That guy is a fraud like you. grin
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by forgiveness: 2:59pm On May 31, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Oh well, another rant about 1.6m. At this point you're making no meaningful contribution to this thread.

Enjoy more substantial data below:

https://books.google.com/books?id=k0gVVh9jwF4C&pg=PA33&lpg=PA33&dq=aja+peoples+slavery&source=bl&ots=abthUSOjU_&sig=ACfU3U3GlyoS6OIRER3OcUEOn3yCcmV1EQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA4bvbvdzpAhXhQ98KHXCuCZMQ6AEwA3oECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=aja%20peoples%20slavery&f=false

Base on this link, the report is centered on Dahomey and narrowed down to Aja people though it touched slave export from bight of Benin but according to the author, the stats are based on assumption and estimation hence lacks accuracy of the total figure of export of Yoruba slaved. The figure must be attached with ±40% error. That's a huge one. Gbam. grin

"A substantia error amount of ±40% must be attached to these figures because of the indirect method of their calculation"

Quote from the author. cheesy

See the third snapshot. grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by content208: 3:48pm On May 31, 2020
Ji
AhoadaRivers:

Mr yoruba, not every other tribe in every part of the world have town union. 2 or 3 yorubas visiting Indonesia or Cambodia at different times within a year cannot initiate a viable ethnic/town union.

I did my first PhD outside Nigeria and I am definitely far well travelled than you are. Take it or leave it.

And is Yoruba the only other tribe aside from your tribe in other parts of the world?
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by opuambe(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2020
Juliusmalema:
The list is logical and okay...

All are in order except Ijaws. Ijaws are not more than 3.65 million.
. Kill yourself na
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 31, 2020
opuambe:
. Kill yourself na

TIvs are more populous than Ijaws even Kanuris.

Ijaws started inflating their figure during Jonathan tenure but it will never fly.

Ijaws are nothing less than 3.65 million..
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 31, 2020
I knew more about my ethnic group through pazienza, bigfranscis21 and how to promote made in igboland through Anambra 1stson.

Wish there is a way to bring them together for a keg of palm wine and ngwobi.

Listen guys, some of our people don't know anything about our history and politics. There are thousand of igbo people in diaspora who read your posts so don't ever think u don't have fans. U guys are celebrated a lot.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Kwashiman: 7:40pm On May 31, 2020
You all see the difference between Igbos making their points vs Yorubas?

The Igbos stayed calm and collected while dishing out their facts and arguments. Never hardly calls for help, just fine all by himself.

Ndi Yoruba on the other hand, insult insult insult and more insults especially when they're been edged intellectually, then they summon all their tribal warriors to come help them out grin

After they will call Igbos emotional.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by bigfrancis21: 1:52am On Jun 01, 2020
forgiveness:

Base on this link, the report is centered on Dahomey and narrowed down to Aja people though it touched slave export from bight of Benin but according to the author, the stats are based on assumption and estimation hence lacks accuracy of the total figure of export of Yoruba slaved. The figure must be attached with ±40% error. That's a huge one. Gbam. grin

"A substantia error amount of ±40% must be attached to these figures because of the indirect method of their calculation"

Quote from the author. cheesy

See the third snapshot. grin

Nothing new about this. In virtually all statistical sampling, there's always a margin of error given, which measures precise accuracy of the data estimated/calculated. Margin of error does not mean errors in statistical data.

40% margin of error? Simple. The Yoruba figure of 436,900 could be 40% less or 40% higher. Meaning that the actual figures could be anywhere between 40% less or 40% higher.

Mathematically speaking,
40% less = 0.60 * 436,900 = 262,140
40% higher = 1.40 * 436,900 = 611,660

Interpretation: the actual number of Yoruba exports may be as low as 262,140 or as high as 611,600. Anywhere in between.

In the same vein, the given Aja exports of 1.6m/1.8m could be as low as 0.96m/1.08m (40% less) to as high as 2.24m/2.52m (40% higher) from the Bight of Benin alone, exclusive of any exports from the Slave Coast.

In the end, it doesn't make any difference regardless of the margin of error used. Whatever percentage of error you pick between -40% to 40%, Aja and Yoruba numbers would adjust accordingly and the overwhelming numerical difference between both groups would remain the same.

If you need more help on Margin of Error, www.dummies.com will help you out:

How to Interpret the Margin of Error in Statistics for Dummies
https://www.dummies.com/education/math/statistics/how-to-interpret-the-margin-of-error-in-statistics/
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Salewa97: 4:10am On Jun 01, 2020
bigfrancis21:

[s] Nothing new about this. In virtually all statistical sampling, there's always a margin of error given, which measures precise accuracy of the data estimated/calculated. Margin of error does not mean errors in statistical data.

40% margin of error? Simple. The Yoruba figure of 436,900 could be 40% less or 40% higher. Meaning that the actual figures could be anywhere between 40% less or 40% higher.

Mathematically speaking,
40% less = 0.60 * 436,900 = 262,140
40% higher = 1.40 * 436,900 = 611,660

Interpretation: the actual number of Yoruba exports may be as low as 262,140 or as high as 611,600. Anywhere in between.

In the same vein, the given Aja exports of 1.6m/1.8m could be as low as 0.96m/1.08m (40% less) to as high as 2.24m/2.52m (40% higher) from the Bight of Benin alone, exclusive of any exports from the Slave Coast.

In the end, it doesn't make any difference regardless of the margin of error used. Whatever percentage of error you pick between -40% to 40%, Aja and Yoruba numbers would adjust accordingly and the overwhelming numerical difference between both groups would remain the same.

If you need more help on Margin of Error, www.dummies.com will help you out:[/s]

Stop saying nonsense. Which professor taught you that a margin error of +-40% is acceptable in this statistical context?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by WorWorBoy3: 4:25am On Jun 01, 2020
Juliusmalema:
[s]

TIvs are more populous than Ijaws even Kanuris.

Ijaws started inflating their figure during Jonathan tenure but it will never fly.

Ijaws are nothing less than 3.65 million..[/s]

No they open your mouth they talk about ijaw people you they hear? focus on your people. Once we reason your matter you will be the first to cry to the moderators.
meanwhile choke on this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 01, 2020
WorWorBoy3:
No they open your mouth they talk about ijaw people you they hear? focus on your people. Once we reason your matter you will be the first to cry to the moderators.
meanwhile choke on this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people

nairaland mama thank ma children. Cry to moderators me.. lmao. probably you just jam the wrong person.

TIvs, Kanuris are by far more populated than Ijaws. Ijaws are no way more than 3.65 million

Ijaws never outnumbered TIvs let alone Kanuris even to this day
The Nonsense population inflation started during Jonathan but it still didn't fly.

It is a general knowledge that tivs are more in population than Ijaw...even kanuri
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by SaintBishop: 8:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:

nairaland mama thank ma children. Cry to moderators me.. lmao. probably you just jam the wrong person.

TIvs, Kanuris are by far more populated than Ijaws. Ijaws are no way more than 3.65 million

Ijaws never outnumbered TIvs let alone Kanuris even to this day
The Nonsense population inflation started during Jonathan but it still didn't fly.

It is a general knowledge that tivs are more in population than Ijaw...even kanuri
Oga backup your words with facts or shut dafuck up

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by ripmyheartout: 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
sesan85:
Typical IPOB monumental buffoon! Salvador da Bahia has the largest black population in Brazil, and the Yorubas are the biggest, predominant ethnic group taken to Bahia. There are Yorubas here in Lagos, Porto Novo and Ouidah who still have relatives in Brazil. The descendants of Rodolfo Manuel Martins de Andrade (Bamgbose Obitiko) are spread all over Brazil and Nigeria. Same thing with the Assuncao-Alakijas. Your own Igbo people are usually black too, IPOB nitwit!

Bahia population is majority mulatto. And have a small white population 3 millions of whites and small minority groups. Asians and indigenous. Only in Salvador maybe have many "blacks" from yoruba ethnic groups. Brazil have many cities the media only shows Salvador. Nigerians generalize that Salvador is Bahia. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by sesan85(m): 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
ripmyheartout:

Bahia population is majority mulatto. And have a small white population 3 millions of whites and small minority groups. Asians and indigenous. Only in Salvador maybe have many "blacks" from yoruba ethnic groups. Brazil have many cities the media only shows Salvador. Nigerians generalize that Salvador is Bahia. Lol.

I don't know what you're on about or why you're lol-ing away though. The State of Bahia has the largest blacks (or people of African descent) in Brazil, most of whom are concentrated in the Capital, Salvador hence it's called Brazil's African city. And they're predominantly of Yoruba descent.

There are also Yoruba descendants in states like Pernambuco and Maranhao, but go off lol-ing away in ignorance though.
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by ripmyheartout: 3:45am On Jun 18, 2020
sesan85:
I don't know what you're on about or why you're lol-ing away though. The State of Bahia has the largest blacks (or people of African descent) in Brazil, most of whom are concentrated in the Capital, Salvador hence it's called Brazil's African city. And they're predominantly of Yoruba descent.

There are also Yoruba descendants in states like Pernambuco and Maranhao, but go off lol-ing away in ignorance though.

I'm Brazilian and I born in Bahia State. My family have portuguese descent. Yes Bahia have a huge african descent population but Bahia have many white people and other ethnic groups who the media never shows. Indigenous, whites, asians, gypsies, mulattos. The huge african heritage of Bahia is more in Salvador not in all Bahia. Bahia is a state of 15 million people. The slogan of african city is like all slogans in Brazil for tourism. Like Penedo city in Rio de janeiro. "Finnish colony" of Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by bigfrancis21: 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
ripmyheartout:

I'm Brazilian and I born in Bahia State. My family have portuguese descent. Yes Bahia have a huge african descent population but Bahia have many white people and other ethnic groups who the media never shows. Indigenous, whites, asians, gypsies, mulattos. The huge african heritage of Bahia is more in Salvador not in all Bahia. Bahia is a state of 15 million people. The slogan of african city is like all slogans in Brazil for tourism. Like Penedo city in Rio de janeiro. "Finnish colony" of Brazil.

Thanks for the extra information.
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Ctorch: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2020
This is front page worthy.

African must know their history, strength and population.

Lalasticlala
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2020
Easternsun2020:
The days of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Journalism propaganda are over for good. The truth holds sway these days.

Lagos ibadan express news is dead and buried.
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2020
Bendeco2020:

I don't argue with illitrates.

Better not, they will draw you 2367 years backward
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2020
pazienza:

Igbos in Equatorial guinea have been there before 1960 and are now registered as indigenous group there, consisting 5% of the population there.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea

I dont see Yoruba recognized officially as an ethnic group in Togo.

As for Sierra Leone. The Yorubas were as much as Igbos there. The two groups were rivals and well balanced.
See this thread :https://www.nairaland.com/997451/early-colonial-views-igbos-yorubas

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2020
pazienza:

That's not Sierra Leone Wikipedia page.

There is note on any Aku in Sierra Leone Wikipedia page. Check it out :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Sierra_Leone

Meanwhile, Sierra Leone first president, was an Okoro.
Check him out:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Okoro_Cole

An Igbo president of Liberia too :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_James_Roye
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2020
Bendeco2020:
Why I hate to argue with an average Yoruba person is that they lack facts and don't argue with points.

They will be wrong and still very loud, vomiting only insults.

The only strength they have is insults.

One of them said that Fulani are more populous than Hausa and I was expecting one of their brothers to correct him but all supported the rubbish.

How can I continue to argue with this kind of people?

Ignorance
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nwadiuto247: 11:32am On Nov 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
My man stop talking nonsense

Even when people were evacuated from South Africa recently, we saw a great deal of Yorubas coming home, who would have thought considering the numbers of igbos in South Africa

Yorubas don't often travel to other places in Nigeria as much as igbos often do, but when it comes to travelling out of this country, Yorubas would give anyone a run for their money.

Olodo can't even spell illiterates properly. cheesy

And You are the illiterate pulling dumb stats straight from your harse

Yoruba cannot stand troubled environment like the Igbos that's why they left South Africa In large numbers than the Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday / Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch / Photo: Obasanjo Graduates From National Open University Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.