Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt (29031 Views)

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by jacoik(m): 11:49am On May 29, 2020
Lisaint:
Agbara-Badagry to border was supposed to be 10 lanes + rail

But now what we have on agbara to Badagry road now is police acting like Thrift collectors

Collecting money from motorist
And the road was also reduced from
10 lanes to 6lanes

The contractor handling that project is just working like snail
Since none of the government agencies is there for monitoring

Trust me

The only time those polithiefians consider those in that Badagry corridor to be Lagosians is when they need their votes
I will bet my own life that not until second coming of Jesus Christ, that road will never complete
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by ibietela2(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2020
Blue3k:

How many years do you think it will take Lagos to finish the whole project? Im guessing 10 years based on the current pace.

You mean 23 years? Because 12 years has passed
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by jacoik(m): 11:55am On May 29, 2020
AroOkigbo:
Na you and who be WE? Is Osun not an APC state?
good question there bro
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by misterjosh(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2020
They have come to yarn another story again
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by bigfrancis21: 12:41pm On May 29, 2020
Nnamdipapakanu:
Equatorial Guinea. The language is regionally recognized there.
In the spirit of Brazil and Cuba Yoruba-descended slaves, plenty Igbo descendants in Jamaica, Haiti, United States, Guyana, Belize etc.

Bigfrancis21

Did I just hear u say igbo is a region language in guinea??

I believe I already explained this before. Yes it is recognized as a regional language of EG, same as Bubi and Fang etc. All African languages in EG are recognized regional languages, none is official. I remember seeing Igbo listed as one of the languages spoken in EG in my maternal uncle’s world factbook as far back as 1998 during a Christmas trip to the village.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by vanchi(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2020
Lisaint:

But now what we have on agbara to Badagry road now is police acting like Thrift collectors

10 lanes to 6lanes

Trust me

The only time those polithiefians consider those in that Badagry corridor to be Lagosians is when they need their votes

No such road exists...

Just a dump site with hardly motorable lanes ... Police checkpoints, lastma, FRSC and vio official tollgate..
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Mexyz(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

I know bro, what I'm saying is;
Ogun state ought to build Like 10 lanes expressway that connects Ogun to Lagos.

Same goes to Ibadan, (apart from Lagos/ibadan expressway).

After constructing the roads (like 10 lanes), railway should come up.
So that people can be working Lagos and be living in Ogun / Ibadan.
... May God bless you for this... This will open up the cities and also decongest Lagos...so many things to gain for the 3 states

1 Like

Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by jidxin(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2020
Nnamdipapakanu:
Equatorial Guinea. The language is regionally recognized there.
In the spirit of Brazil and Cuba Yoruba-descended slaves, plenty Igbo descendants in Jamaica, Haiti, United States, Guyana, Belize etc.

Bigfrancis21

Did I just hear u say igbo is a region language in guinea??
wtf plenty igbo in haity and jamica?? thats false biko
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:37pm On May 29, 2020
Lisaint:
Up till today

There's no completion date for agege bridge

Lagos state public works department

Repair Ijegun road

And
Leave Abaranje rd

That's twice as worst

That's not true. The completion date has been put at either third or fourth quarter of 2020
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2020
fergie001:

It will not be completed Sir....in 2022..they will start something, after the election then abandon it.

This has been their way since 2013.

Why do you sound as if you are not in Lagos during Ambode's tenure when work on this project slowed down.
C'mon don't be a pessimist.

I trust Sanwo-olu to finish it
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2020
oluwasegun007:
Can't they talk about this project after completion..

They are giving a progress report. If they don't talk about it, people will ask and wonder if they have abandoned it.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
I respect your opinion. But I live in ikorodu, and I can't point to anything sanwo olu has done here. Ikorodu road from ojota to mile 12 is in a terrible condition.

Na wa you oo. But we have seen severally on SM from LASG handles of road works being done in Ikorodu. Are you insinuating they're audio
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2020
udemzyudex:

Best in planting flowers and stone you say?

Best in infrastructure and administration so far tongue
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Ajibel(m): 1:48pm On May 29, 2020
jacoik:
I can bet my life that this man San wolu will never complete that project

And if he does complete it, what happens with your life?

You better be careful of what you wish for sir undecided
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by oluwasegun007(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2020
Ajibel:

They are giving a progress report. If they don't talk about it, people will ask and wonder if they have abandoned it.

Oga, when a project is abandoned you don't need proffessor pella to tell you.

We've given them mandate to work, call us during commissioning to snap pictures with you.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by sulaak(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2020
Lisaint:

10 lanes to 6lanes

Trust me

Then don't vote for them, stop complaining and use your voting powers
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Blue3k(m): 2:31pm On May 29, 2020
ibietela2:

You mean 23 years? Because 12 years has passed

I meant to to finish the rest of the project.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by sulaak(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2020
Despite the delay and corruption, I must commend the initiative of the project.

The Red Line will share the Lagos -Ibadan infrastructure is a sure way of cutting and integrating state and federal projects.

“The Red Line will share track with the standard gauge track of the Lagos – Ibadan Rail Modernisation project of the Federal Government. It is planned to commence passenger operations also in the second quarter of 2022.

“The state is currently evaluating bids submitted by investors for four other rail lines recently advertised for expression of interest on design-build-operate-maintain-and-transfer basis.

“The four lines are 68-kilometre Green Line from Marina to Lekki Free Zone, 60-kilometre Purple Line from Redemption Camp to Ojo, 34-kilometre Yellow Line from Otta to National Theatre and 48- kilometre Orange Line from Ikeja to Agbowa.”
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by fergie001: 4:50pm On May 29, 2020
Ajibel:

Why do you sound as if you are not in Lagos during Ambode's tenure when work on this project slowed down.
C'mon don't be a pessimist.

I trust Sanwo-olu to finish it
And did I exonerate Ambode?

Something they use in campaigning every election year.....do you know what people go through there?

Don't worry, we are still here....I will quote you then!
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by BreconHills(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:
That will be a welcome development by the Lagos government.

Imagine someone living in Ogun state, working in Lagos
Or someone living in ibadan, working in Lagos and vice versa.

Ogun and Oyo state governments should make use of their head and tap from Lagos closeness.

Ogun is already doing that. Oyo ...well
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Sammy07: 4:55pm On May 29, 2020
BreconHills:

Ogun is already doing that. Oyo ...well

Really, dunno if you have any pictures to back it
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 29, 2020
Ajibel:

Na wa you oo. But we have seen severally on SM from LASG handles of road works being done in Ikorodu. Are you insinuating they're audio
I'm not on LASG handle. If I see the name of the roads, then I will be able to tel you if they are audio or not.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by BreconHills(m): 6:21pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:

Really, dunno if you have any pictures to back it

Pictures?
Lagos state has ceded tax territories it used to manage to Ogun and Ogun in turn has an agricultural partnership with Lagos. The rail line will help Abeokuta big time. Ogun is to lagos what New Jersey is to New York. It makes sense. Lagos can't continue to grow into the sea, it must grow towards Ogun state. There is no other scenario that can manage Lagos population growth.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Sammy07: 6:23pm On May 29, 2020
BreconHills:

Pictures?
Lagos state has ceded tax territories it used to manage to Ogun and Ogun in turn has an agricultural partnership with Lagos. The rail line will help Abeokuta big time. Ogun is to lagos what New Jersey is to New York. It makes sense. Lagos can't continue to grow into the sea, it must grow towards Ogun state. There is no other scenario that can manage Lagos population growth.

Oh! Okay then, I don't know
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by ajl: 6:27pm On May 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
The corruption in Lagos is so massive, how dem go dey construct a rail line for more than 10 year shocked

Lagosians have to give another political party a chance in 2023.

This sanwo olu is just so over hype.

So far it is not PDP.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by abbiboy: 9:34pm On May 29, 2020
Sammy07:
That will be a welcome development by the Lagos government.

Imagine someone living in Ogun state, working in Lagos
Or someone living in ibadan, working in Lagos and vice versa.

Ogun and Oyo state governments should make use of their head and tap from Lagos closeness.

Pipe dream can neva be achieve with unserious leaders.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by spiralwedge(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2020
After doing this, please work on population control. Start issuing visas and deporting villagers back to their villages. I no wan hear One Nigeria o.
Every state has their allocation. Any Nigerian can come to Lagos, but for what?
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by Hotspotbro(m): 12:39pm On May 30, 2020
Edakun, shey the light rail is passing through ikorodu too? Abuja has this stuff i don't know why ours is still coming.
Re: 27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt by dammyhtyv: 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Man Shaving His Beard On A Moving Train (Photos) / COVID-19: China Bars Nigerians From Entry / Accident Victim Conveyed To The Hospital, Involved In Another Accident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.