Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) (31092 Views)

Fleeing Boyfriend Who Killed Lover For Money Rituals Arrested In Ogun (Video) / Man Charged For Engaging 22-year Old In Sex Romp / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_8YkC9ta4
Oluwatobi Odulate, a resident of Ogun State, has recounted his ordeal after being arrested and charged to court for refusing to give bribe to some vigilante cadet at an illegal roadblock in the state.

SaharaReporters had reported how Odulate, who was on a motorcycle as a passenger, was arrested after the rider of the motorcycle was detained by the vigilante cadets for refusing to pay N500 as a bribe.

Odulate did a live video recording of the incident on his Facebook wall, an act that infuriated the vigilantes, who held him and dragged him to the police station.

He was detained at the Igbobi Police Station before he was arraigned at the Sagamu Magistrate Court.

Speaking with SaharaReporters after he was granted bail, Odulate said the vigilante group wanted the police to detain him perpetually for recording them.

He also said that he was denied the right to call his family and lawyer until the day of his second appearance in the court.

He said, “I went to collect all my properties, my phone and the bike we were riding. On getting there, they just threw us inside the cell and took us to court very early on Monday.

“I was remanded on Thursday evening and from then to 7am on Monday when we were taken to court, they denied me access to make any phone call.

“I was arraigned at Sagamu Magistrate Court and they did not allow anybody to enter the courtroom. It was shrouded in complete secrecy.

“On Friday, when we first appeared in court, they came with their lawyer and witness while I didn’t have anybody to speak for me.

“They did not allow me to make calls. The police said it was an overnight case so they took us to court with no option of calling anybody.

“The charges are that we assaulted them, which was a lie. They also charged me for recording video and posting the video online to breach the peace."

He revealed that he was pestered to do another video on his Facebook wall denouncing the initial video, which he declined.

He added, “Because it happened in my local government, and for the swift intervention of my family, they were able to secure my bail and the two other persons arrested with me would have been in jail by now.”

Odulate was granted bail by the magistrate and asked to provide a surety with each.

The surety must submit to the court Ogun State tax clearance, receipt of any property worth N50,000 and national ID card or voters card.

Source:http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/28/man-narrates-how-he-was-charged-court-recording-bribery-posting-video-facebook-ogun-state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
Crazy.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by ValCon888: 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
It is only in Nigeria that you'll be arrested and charged to court for doing the right thing.
It is the only country that will give panadol a headache.

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by bsalawu: 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
Waoo
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
Nigeria is a country of MIND YOUR BUSINESS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Slawormir: 8:43pm On May 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
ValCon888:
It is only in Nigeria that you'll be arrested and charged to court for doing the right thing.
It is the only country that will give panadol a headache.

recording of the incident on his Facebook wall is not the right thing

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Sunofgod(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2020
Only in Nigeria.....shiittthole of a country.

11 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by BafanaBafana: 8:44pm On May 28, 2020
Over here corruption is the norm, integrity is the exception

4 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Lincoln275(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2020
So he didn’t know he is in Nigeria abi?
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by IAmSkinny: 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
What kind of moro.nic judges do we have in this country for CHRIST'S sake? So the judge just sat down there in the midst of all the absurdity and did absolutely nothing in glaring evidence of the accused innocence.

The group would judges are as evil as the police officers.

Abeg check out my online portfolio of astonishing images https://www.nairaland.com/5660603/professional-photographer-heres-mini-portfolio

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Sirakj(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by vicoloni(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
Everybody keep pretending that Nigeria will be good again..

30 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by seanjy4konji: 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
Naija for you.

There is freedom of speech. You heard me right but I cannot assure you of freedom after the speech.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Springsdy456958(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
GrammarNazi1:
Vv

Come oh food don ready. You need to edit your Vv. Fight,Finish and the indabosky baoseh for FP
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Chibuzoc(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2020
This con3 nawa o
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by laosy(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2020
Wawu, see the world we live today. Why won't whites treat us like trash when we, ourselves treat one another like shii. He should thank God they didn't replace him with a murder case, the heart of man is indeed evil!

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Olarewaju89: 8:47pm On May 28, 2020
The land is full of darkness. Confused country.

8 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by KingRabota: 8:47pm On May 28, 2020
I think you should read " First they came.... "
By keeping silent we enable the tyranny of the bereaucrat upon the majority.
Our problem in Nigeria is that we love keeping quiet oppression until we become victims..

stevmatt15:
Nigeria is a country of MIND YOUR BUSINESS

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by justiniyke29: 8:47pm On May 28, 2020
What type of wickedness and disregard 4 human rights is this?
I just hate Nigerian force personnel

4 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by GideonOluwatobi(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by achymmania: 8:49pm On May 28, 2020
This is Nigeria.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 28, 2020
Where dem? The Patriots. One told me that the pregnant woman who died because police detained the men taking her to the hospital without nose mask has no video proof

I mentioned to him that any one recording such may not be alive to tell the tale, let him come and see the society he was defending o.

10 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by adolfHitler1934: 8:49pm On May 28, 2020
If only one had the chance of choosing where he would be born, honestly I will choose even the North Korea to Nigeria.

Useless and backward country worsened by one borrow borrow idiot voted by other idiotic fools chanting Sai Berbar(ic)

6 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Acidosis(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2020
The whole system is built on corruption: education, politics, health, security, just name it!

14 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Emeritus001(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2020
You get arrested for doing the right, you get paid for doing the wrong thing, Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by Realdeals(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2020
What? A yet to be recognized Vigilante Group of Nigeria acting with impunity, this is the bane of security agencies in Nigeria, one of the reasons I didn't support Peace Corp.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by lifestyle1(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) by EmmyDJourno: 8:55pm On May 28, 2020
Er

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man On Trial In Court Pretends He Has Spinal Cord Injury / Suspected Female Ritualist Arrested In Kwara / Unknown Gunmen Invade Cattle Market In Aguata, Kill Over 20 Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.