Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! (523 Views)

What Is IP Camera And How IP Camera Works? / See The World's First 108MP Camera Phone / What Works In A Danfo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by contease(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2020
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We may need the simplest explanation possible from phone manafacturers, phone freaks, phone techs etc. Please we need explanations in a layman's form without technical banbuzing if you may.

Much earlier, I bought the most recent of a brand of phone which came with double camera, two weeks after, a colleague bought same brand but much more recent and his came with tripple cemara... As normal, more price and more sleek so we decided to compare both phones... The conclusion was that, his covers more area compare to mine when taking a shot. I think the physical difference gave us a biased mind towards believing that. (the next month, I bought same most recent phone with triple cams for my wife too)

Today, I was fiddling with my phone and decided to turn on the camera. Covered each camera per time with a finger and discovered only one camera works... I wasnt sure what to believe, so I called my wife to do same exercise on her triple camera phone and she discovered only the middle camera works... This is funny but I feel we have been fooled again..

I had to say "again" because some years back, I bought one of the newest model Air Conditioning units for the house from one of the brands..
Infact, the major reason for that brand and that model was because it had/has an Anti mosquitos function on it... But after a few months, I was asking myself, would mosquitos actually be active when the Air Conditioning unit is running and the entire house is as cold? Lol... This got me thinking we were fooled then too... There was debate then on if that anti mosquitos function actually works.. But in my dear country, how serious do we take these things... That debate died a natural death..

Hence, can someone knowledgeable on this please educate us practically on how these cameras are suppose to work...

PERSONAL PRACTICAL
1. Turn on the camera on the phone
2. Watch the screen while blocking each camera using a finger
3. On discovering the camera that does not work, take a shot while blocking it and see the after image.
4. Check if the image is faulty in any way for obstructing one of the cameras..

Then we shall air our views on this multi cam issues...

Admins, please front page so we can get more and better views and opinions on the Subject Matter. Thanks

Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by jideoforjn(f): 9:51am On May 29, 2020
Waiting to hear from experts too.
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by ELibraryNG: 9:57am On May 29, 2020
I am curious too
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by contease(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2020
ELibraryNG:
I am curious too

Could you please try yours and let's know the outcome
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by contease(m): 10:13am On May 29, 2020
jideoforjn:
Waiting to hear from experts too.

Can we read your experience please
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by ELibraryNG: 10:17am On May 29, 2020
contease:

Could you please try yours and let's know the outcome
I don't have a multi camera phone. I am just curious to learn the truth it

1 Like

Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by sundaygray(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2020
yes only one camera works at a time....i tried my own...the normal camera is the middle one, then when i switched for far shots, only the bottom one is active...I'm guessing the first one is not a camera....nothing changes when i cover it with a finger.
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by contease(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2020
sundaygray:
yes only one camera works at a time....i tried my own...the normal camera is the middle one, then when i switched for far shots, only the bottom one is active... I'm guessing the first one is not a camera....nothing changes when i cover it with a finger.

Many thanks for being part of this, but I don't understand the bolder... How do you do that? I know when you focus your camera to a far object, the camera automatically tries to zoom it close, if that what you meant?
Re: Only One Camera Works In A Multi Camera Phone! by sundaygray(m): 7:47pm On May 29, 2020
contease:

Many thanks for being part of this, but I don't understand the bolder... How do you do that? I know when you focus your camera to a far object, the camera automatically tries to zoom it close, if that what you meant?

No .....as in when I'm very close to the object, instead of shifting backwards to take the full picture of the object, i can just switch the camera for far shot....then it will take the full picture of the object as if I'm standing very far from it.

I use a Samsung galaxy a50 by the way

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Achievement Since 1960 To 2020 Independence Day 1 October / Angela Nwosu Gives Men Spiritual Tips About Their Wives / History: How Dalai Lama Escaped China-ruled Tibet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.