Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women (4103 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2020
This thread is open for married men to share their experiences on how they managed home during wife's pregnancy . Women can also narrate the difficulty that they put their husbands through during pregnancy.

My wife and I have been expecting the fruit of womb since early last year. The result of her pregnancy test in March this year which came out positive threw the family into state of euphoria and ecstasy. I encouraged her to register for antenatal early and she eventually registered in a private hospital three weeks after. She was just 6 weeks when she registered.

She was advised not to engage in any difficult task at home and some other precautions. I disallowed common sense to judge the situation and I threw caution to the wind by telling her to leave all domestic chores for me to handle. Though, she never gave complaints of any pain but I took this decision in order to avoid any complication in her first trimester.
I practical carried out every domestic task at home ( cooking, sweeping , washing, cleaning) . I was doing this with joy because I thought she would resume her duties once she entered second trimester. The lockdown also made it difficult for me to give excuses in order to evade these chores. I made sure that she never engaged in any domestic task but she used to wash only her undies.
When the lockdown was eased early this month, I told her to resume her duties because I discovered that he entered second trimester. Frankly, women need to be commended for proper management of home because I never found it easy at all. I was really overwhelmed and I needed to lessen the burden on my neck. I was amazed by her response. She complained that I was not a caring husband. She expected that I continue to do everything till delivery.
I have the belief that she is trying to punish me because I have seen many pregnant women that are very hardworking. She goes to shop everyday while I also go to work. She doesn't complain of any pain but still insist that I continue to do domestic chores. I have relinquished washing of clothes and plate to her but I still cook, sweep and clean house everyday.
please, will she develop any complications if doing these chores. The last appointment she had, she was certify okay and was just told to always use her drug.

Married men, please did you also experience this with your women or I am too soft

Married women , did you have similar experience and I should deal with the situatuon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Donald3d(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2020
grin
Talk to her, make her understand that you have to go back to work, as long as the activities she is carrying out aren't strenuous, she would be fine.
Just ensure she eats well, sleeps well and has peace of mind.
You can also lighten the burden by getting a washing machine, if you don't have one .
You can ease the burden of cooking by cooking multiple meals and storing them, especially soups/stews.

Whether she is pregnant or not, I believe in couples "balancing each other out", lighten each other's spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and sexual burdens.

Her hormones would also be in overdrive, so get ready for possible unexplainable behaviors .

Las las una go dey ok grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Ningen(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2020
You want your pregnant wife to take care of the domestic chores you yourself find exhausting?

Abeg. Just keep up the good work. grin
Or get a house help to ease the workload.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Johnjanrt: 7:33pm On May 29, 2020
Not married or have plans of doing so in the nearest future. Booking space to read comments. Happy typing.....................
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2020
You are overdoing somethings for her,toy-husband in the making.Were you the last born?if no.didn't you witnessed some of your younger ones pregnancies by your mom?lf yes.Apply wisely your father behaviours toward your mother during that time of your silblings pregnancies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Vyolet(f): 7:43pm On May 29, 2020
Ningen:
You want your pregnant wife to take care of the domestic chores you yourself find exhausting?

Na so we see am, as per the superhuman that she is!. grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by frozen70(f): 7:49pm On May 29, 2020
jidamsel43:
This thread is open for married men to share their experiences on how they managed home during wife's pregnancy . Women can also narrate the difficulty that they put their husbands through during pregnancy.

My wife and I have been expecting the fruit of womb since early last year. The result of her pregnancy test in March this year which came out positive threw the family into state of euphoria and ecstasy. I encouraged her to register for antenatal early and she eventually registered in a private hospital three weeks after. She was just 6 weeks when she registered.

She was advised not to engage in any difficult task at home and some other precautions. I disallowed common sense to judge the situation and I threw caution to the wind by telling her to leave all domestic chores for me to handle. Though, she never gave complaints of any pain but I took this decision in order to avoid any complication in her first trimester.
I practical carried out every domestic task at home ( cooking, sweeping , washing, cleaning) . I was doing this with joy because I thought she would resume her duties once she entered second trimester. The lockdown also made it difficult for me to give excuses in order to evade these chores. I made sure that she never engaged in any domestic task but she used to wash only her undies.
When the lockdown was eased early this month, I told her to resume her duties because I discovered that he entered second trimester. Frankly, women need to be commended for proper management of home because I never found it easy at all. I was really overwhelmed and I needed to lessen the burden on my neck. I was amazed by her response. She complained that I was not a caring husband. She expected that I continue to do everything till delivery.
I have the belief that she is trying to punish me because I have seen many pregnant women that are very hardworking. She goes to shop everyday while I also go to work. She doesn't complain of any pain but still insist that I continue to do domestic chores. I have relinquished washing of clothes and plate to her but I still cook, sweep and clean house everyday.
please, will she develop any complications if doing these chores. The last appointment she had, she was certify okay and was just told to always use her drug.

Married men, please did you also experience this with your women or I am too soft

Married women , did you have similar experience and I should deal with the situatuon

From your narrative, she is alright, just that she wished you continue to assist her

Well to me, do the ones you can do just to free your mind

Don't just engage in any domestic argument to avoid any thing that will trigger her BP

When she puts to bed, she will still need your help to do more of the house work, so to avoid issues, help her more with carrying the baby if you don't have anyone to do that so that she can be free to do her chores and still have rest

The benefits it that, your child will recognise you more

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2020
frozen70:

From your narrative, she is alright, just that she wished you continue to assist her

Well to me, do the ones you can do just to free your mind

Don't just engage in any domestic argument to avoid any thing that will trigger he BP

When she puts to bed, she will still help you to do more of the house work, so to avoid issues, help her more with carrying the baby if you don't anyone to do that so that she can be free to do her chores and still have rest

The benefits it that, your child will recognise you more
Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your thoughtful comment
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by frozen70(f): 8:03pm On May 29, 2020
jidamsel43:
Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your thoughtful comment

Thanks too
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2020
Donald3d:
grin
Talk to her, make her understand that you have to go back to work, as long as the activities she is carrying out aren't strenuous, she would be fine.
Just ensure she eats well, sleeps well and has peace of mind.
You can also lighten the burden by getting a washing machine, if you don't have one .
You can ease the burden of cooking by cooking multiple meals and storing them, especially soups/stews.

Whether she is pregnant or not, I believe in couples "balancing each other out", lighten each other's spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and sexual burdens.

Her hormones would also be in overdrive, so get ready for possible unexplainable behaviors .

Las las una go dey ok grin

I have talked to her and even told her the dangers associated with idleness by pregnant women. She thought I was making excuses not to help her. She is turning this pregnancy to blessing in disguise
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2020
Ningen:

I really want to help her but I need to be responsible financially too.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by DontBullshitMe: 8:19pm On May 29, 2020
Personally, I have seen pregnant underage girls (barely 18) hawking food items around. These girls also run errands and do house chores.

Do not let anybody deceive you. A woman's body is naturally wired to carry pregnancy and it does not come with any added stress.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by jidamsel43(m): 8:23pm On May 29, 2020
NoLotty7:
You are overdoing somethings for her,toy-husband in the making.Were you the last born?if no.didn't you witnessed some of your younger ones pregnancies by your mom?lf yes.Apply wisely your father behaviours toward your mother during that time of your silblings pregnancies.
I'm the last born and have not witnessed any pregnancy experience before. The reason I asked for advice from experience men
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 8:36pm On May 29, 2020
jidamsel43:
I'm the last born and have not witnessed any pregnancy experience before. The reason I asked for advice from experience men
OK,but slow down so that you will not start what you can't finish.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by tobechi74: 8:40pm On May 29, 2020
u don buy market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by SweetCunt97(f): 9:37pm On May 29, 2020
Pecks of having a simp as a husband.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by GboyegaD(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2020
One thing I don't understand from your write up is if you do some of the house chores before now. My advice would be so all you can since the is no rule that states one is a man's function and vice versa. You guys sit down and have a plan that works and is not overwhelming to either party.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by sholay2011(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2020
Awww...lol.

Now this is the kind of thread I will personally like to see more in Family section. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 11:04pm On May 29, 2020
sholay2011:
Awww...lol.

Now this is the kind of thread I will personally like to see more in Family section. grin
Na express op dey enter like this,l no go lie for you.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by UgoFly: 11:21pm On May 29, 2020
I have a six months pregnant wife at home and I have been at your position. mine was even worse cause at a point she turned me to a maid. The tone in her voice when she sends me on errands was the same you use on a gateman. Fear women. If I react negatively, she automatically calls me insensitive of her condition. What I went through during this lockdown is a story for another day. she doesn't sleep early so I had to massage her arm till whenever she sleeps, I dare not try to sleep before her. But throughout all these, I knew it was her hormones. When she entered 2nd trimester and became stronger, I had to start disappearing with style. I didn't confront her with it but when she doesn't see me she was forced to do some things and when I return , I act like she should have waited. At a point she realized she could actually help out and she got to appreciate me for everything I did. Still when little issues come up, she would straight up remind me that I am the most insensitive man on earth. Lol. Just tolerate her and show her all the love and support you can but be smart about it. Women are inbuilt dictators when given power. Yet you should know she is carrying your bundle of joy so brace up for whatever comes. Goodluck.

26 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Harshreality: 11:35pm On May 29, 2020
You guys should find a balance lol.
Pregnant or not, helping your partner shows love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by cococandy(f): 3:31am On May 30, 2020
Everyone is different so don’t compare.

But if she’s not ill, she should be able to handle simple chores around the house.
You’re right. idleness won’t help her (or anyone for that matter) Risk of having a deep vein thrombosis-DVT) is increases with pregnancy as it progresses. So she would benefit from moving herself and being active as much as she can tolerate to get blood flowing well.

Every chore doesn’t have to be done. If she can’t do it and you can’t do, don’t fight about it. Leave it for next time. I wish you guys a beautiful healthy baby.

16 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 4:28am On May 30, 2020
jidamsel43:

Who ask you??
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 4:32am On May 30, 2020
UgoFly:
I have a six months pregnant wife at home and I have been at your position. mine was even worse cause at a point she turned me to a maid. The tone in her voice when she sends me on errands was the same you use on a gateman. Fear women. If I react negatively, she automatically calls me insensitive of her condition. What I went through during this lockdown is a story for another day. she doesn't sleep early so I had to massage her arm till whenever she sleeps, I dare not try to sleep before her. But throughout all these, I knew it was her hormones. When she entered 2nd trimester and became stronger, I had to start disappearing with style. I didn't confront her with it but when she doesn't see me she was forced to do some things and when I return , I act like she should have waited. At a point she realized she could actually help out and she got to appreciate me for everything I did. Still when little issues come up, she would straight up remind me that I am the most insensitive man on earth. Lol. Just tolerate her and show her all the love and support you can but be smart about it. Women are inbuilt dictators when given power. Yet you should know she is carrying your bundle of joy so brace up for whatever comes. Goodluck.

You and your ilks are terrible.

Your wife will be pregnant for only 9months... why can’t you take care of chores+cooking without complaining

Imagine if the pregnancy usually last for 2years you would’ve ran away from home.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 5:16am On May 30, 2020
NoLotty7:
So, he should apply his father's method? do you know if the method was good enough to copy?

5 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by NoLotty7(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2020
missdivineprove:
So, he should apply his father's method? do you if the method was good enough to copy?
That was why l wrote APPLY WISELY the charactered of his father back then.
Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Amopeekun(f): 7:11am On May 30, 2020
If she is not sick and does not show symptoms of any pregnancy related illnesses, she should be fine doing stuffs at home. It will help her body and mind be ready for delivery. It will help her o. Please get her some books/materials on pregnancy and explain how exercises can help her have a healthy baby and mother post birth.
You may get a washing machine, and other things to ease her task and don't stop helping. She will be fine.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Edemaya: 8:21am On May 30, 2020
missdivineprove:
So, he should apply his father's method? do you if the method was good enough to copy?

You should have known his type from his write up! This one is not married! and if married, his wife might not be able to say some good things about him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by olabrinks(f): 8:26am On May 30, 2020
It’s not good for pregnant women to live a sedentary lifestyle. She needs to be on her feet frequently, not to please you but for the health of the baby and herself. I didn’t do nothing during my pregnancy, just to eat sleep and watch tv. I blew up, my whole body became swollen, developed high blood pressure, my baby was too big and I didn’t have the energy to push him out so I had an emergency cs. It is very important that pregnant women do work around the house and keep active. You can do the cooking, but allow your wife to do the cleaning and washing, encourage her to keep active around the house, ‘not because you’re tired but because she needs it to deliver safely.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by CAPSLOCKED: 8:27am On May 30, 2020
SIMPLE LIFE TRICK.. DISAPPEAR WHEN IT'S A MONTH OLD AND COME BACK WHEN IT'S DELIVERED. PROBLEMS SOLVED.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 8:52am On May 30, 2020
All pregnancy is not the same but still pregnancy is not a disease. Lazy women of these days use it to get sympathy. Funny how the lazy ones want to be paid in full when they use pregnancy as an excuse to be unproductive at work.

If your doctor certifies you fit then get off your lazy butt and work. Shout out to all pregnant and hardworking women out there.

1 Like

Re: How Do Married Men Cope With Their Pregnant Women by Nobody: 9:02am On May 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
[s]SIMPLE LIFE TRICK..
DISAPPEAR WHEN IT'S A MONTH OLD AND COME BACK WHEN IT'S DELIVERED.
PROBLEMS SOLVED[/s].

Human being bad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TRUE LIFE Story!..dangers Of Premarital Sex / He Want Me To Join Him In The State Without Our Kid!! / One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.