Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,163 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend (2438 Views)

Can One Be A Christian At Heart? / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Ayobamipeter36: 7:42pm On May 29, 2020
It always baffle me when chritians are arguing about what age to have a girlfriend....
pls what's your take on this..
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On May 29, 2020
Ayobamipeter36:
It always baffle me when chritians are arguing about what age to have a girlfriend....
It's the age when you feel you are ready to take a gal or boyfriend. Some kids start as early as 11 years of age, others wait till adulthood. It depends on the individual in question.
There is no Christ sanctioned age for these things because it does not matter when you do it, what matters is that you obey Christ's commandments even as you do whatever it is you do in life.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Ladylite: 7:59pm On May 29, 2020
Ayobamipeter36:

Christians are the most mentally lazy humans in the world, they nailed their brains to the cross.

The Bible never gave laws for dating age or marriage age. It's a free choice stuff. So no need to deceive yourself, study the relationship books and tapes in your Christian groups or online and they will hint you to know when you are ready.

Adam had a job And a place go leave before God gave him a wife. Think about that.

Stop asking questions that have nothing to do with spirituality.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Saintbusco1(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Christians are the most mentally lazy humans in the world, they nailed their brains to the cross.

The Bible never gave laws for dating age or marriage age. It's a free choice stuff. So no need to deceive yourself, study the relationship books and tapes in your Christian groups or online and they will hint you to know when you are ready.

Adam had a job And a place go leave before God gave him a wife. Think about that.

Stop asking questions that have nothing to do with spirituality.
you need not generalize this your assertion please... Na only you nail your brain to the cross... We no follow
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Ladylite: 8:18pm On May 29, 2020
Saintbusco1:
you need not generalize this your assertion please... Na only you nail your brain to the cross... We no follow
You comment just proved where you nailed your brain.

LOL. Beans cooks faster than your processing ability.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 29, 2020
Ayobamipeter36:

Ask Daddy and Mommy at home, they love you more than anyone on social media! smiley

1 Like

Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2020
[img]https://media1./images/041475934f454cef9ff4c151c8a49bfb/tenor.gif[/img]

you are not suppose to have a gf before the wedding day...
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by CAPSLOCKED: 9:00pm On May 29, 2020
NO AGE. AS A CHRISTIAN YOU'RE ONLY PERMITTED TO HAVE A WIFE. OTHERWISE, HELLFIRE.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Amujale(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2020
Such isnt a question for Christianity to answer, Christianity is fake and malicious.

These are the questions for our parents/guardians, elders, tutors and well-wishers.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Amujale(m): 9:07pm On May 29, 2020
I suppose it depends on your education/career status, maturity, wallet and whether you are mature enough to know when to start a family.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 29, 2020
I believe, the age you think you are matured enough to face the realities of life.

that age can be any age my friend.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 29, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
NO AGE. AS A CHRISTIAN YOU'RE ONLY PERMITTED TO HAVE A WIFE.
OTHERWISE, HELLFIRE.

stop this kind of preaching my friend. how do one get married without dating? dating d'nt main one has to fall for the pleasures of the world.

even marry dated Joseph before he married her. please stop this kind of words. this period we are in now, one needs to get understanding of the word of God, seek for understanding bro
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 29, 2020
Why should you have a girlfriend as a Christian? That practice is not acceptable in the Christiandom.

As a born again child of God, you shouldn't engage in boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. You should wait until you're of marriageable age. Then look for a sister to go into courtship with. Which would either lead to marriage or not.

As for the right age to go into courtship, it's relative as there are other things to consider and not the age.

From ages 29 ( as a guy) If you're ready emotionally, financially.. and you have at least your own decent apartment ( rented or personal property) You're good to go. Otherwise, don't think of courting.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On May 29, 2020
Eulalia:
Why should you have a girlfriend as a Christian? That practice is not acceptable in the Christiandom.

As a born again child of God, you shouldn't engage in boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. You should wait until you're of marriageable age. Then look for a sister to go into courtship with. Which would either lead to marriage or not.
Please provide Biblical reference of Jesus Christ stating this
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please provide Biblical reference of Jesus Christ stating this

Ok, you too, give a Bible reference where it supports or encourages boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

Look, there are some things that may not have been stated in the Bible but we know from other principles of the Bible they are wrong. We know boyfriend and girlfriend relationship can lead to fornication and we also know that fornication is a sin. If you also look at the practice of old in the Bible how they got married, they never dated. The men go straight to the parent and request for their daughters hand in marriage. So
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On May 29, 2020
Eulalia:
Ok, you too, give a Bible reference where it supports or encourages boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.
Look, there are some things that may not have been stated in the Bible but we know from other principles of the Bible they are wrong.
That there are no references means there are no laws against you doing such. Jesus was clear that He did not come to put chains on people or condemn but to save them.
Eulalia:
We know boyfriend and girlfriend relationship can lead to fornication and we also know that fornication is a sin.
If even having the Spirit of God living on the inside of you is not enough to get you overcome your fears of sin, then what will?
Eulalia:
If you also look at the practice of old in the Bible how they got married, they never dated. The men go straight to the parent and request for their daughters hand in marriage. So
That said, Jesus did not call on us to adopt the very traditions and cultures of the men Jesus spoke up against. I see no reason why you would suggest we all now live according to Jewish culture and tradition.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That there are no references means there are no laws against you doing such. Jesus was clear that He did not come to put chains on people or condemn but to save them.
If even having the Spirit of God living on the inside of you is not enough to get you overcome your fears of sin, then what will?

That said, Jesus did not call on us to adopt the very traditions and cultures of the men Jesus spoke up against. I see no reason why you would suggest we all now live according to Jewish culture and tradition.

Kobojunkie, you know Im not open to so much argument.
Nobody is saying you should imbibe the Jewish traditions but simply making a reference to the practice of the early Christians.

You know what is right, do it. That Christ came to fulfill the law doesn't mean we should now be living a reckless life or carrying out wrong practices.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On May 29, 2020
Eulalia:
Kobojunkie, you know Im not open to so much argument.
Nobody is saying you should imbibe the Jewish traditions but simply making a reference to the practice of early Christians.
I am not trying to argue with you. You made a statement about Christianity. The reference we have of the early Christians can be found in the book of Acts. There we read that they abandoned many of their jewish cultures, and traditions(Jesus said it was all meaningless), and many paid for that act of obedience with their very lives.

Eulalia:
You know what is right do it. That Christ came to fulfill the law doesn't mean we should now be living a reckless life or carrying out wrong practices.
The right thing to do as a Christian is stick to obeying the commandments, and only those commandments that Jesus laid out for all Christians to do. There is no need to add to the yoke(the 46 commandments we have from Jesus is perfect as is) that He has made easy for us, and no need to nullify the power of God by following any of the traditions and cultures of men.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not trying to argue with you. You made a statement about Christianity. The reference we have of the early Christians can be found in the book of Acts. There we read that they abandoned many of their jewish cultures, and traditions(Jesus said it was all meaningless), and many paid for that act of obedience with their very lives.

The right thing to do as a Christian is stick to obeying the commandments, and only those commandments that Jesus laid out for all Christians to do. There is no need to add to the yoke(the 46 commandments we have from Jesus is perfect as is) that He has made easy for us, and no need to nullify the power of God by following any of the traditions and cultures of men.

Are you now saying as a human being, you dont have principles or rules that guide you? Like can someone can just walk up to you and force their own ways on you and you'll accept it hook line and sinker just because you think anything goes as Jesus has nullified certain cultures long ago? Remember, the same Jesus beat and chase them out of the temple when they try to turn it into a trade fair. Why did he not say, it was meaningless therefore they should go ahead with their merchandise?

I believe everyone has a principle that that guide them and same applies to the household of God. smiley
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 29, 2020
Eulalia:
Are you now saying as a human being, you dont have principles or rules that guide you?
Followers of Christ are meant to submit to the principles that are the commandments of Jesus Christ Himself.
Eulalia:
Like can someone can just walk up to you and force their own ways on you and you'll accept it hook line and sinker just because you think anything goes as Jesus has nullified certain cultures long ago?
What did Jesus command that we do in that case? That is exactly what His followers ought to do.
Eulalia:
I believe everyone has a principle that that guide them and same applies to the household of God. smiley
Yes, the commandments that Jesus gave are the principles meant to guide His followers
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Followers of Christ are meant to submit to the principles that are the commandments of Jesus Christ Himself.
What did Jesus command that we do in that case? That is exactly what His followers ought to do.
Yes, the commandments that Jesus gave are the principles meant to guide His followers

smiley and what are the commandments? For your info, the one and only greatest commandment Jesus gave us is Love.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On May 29, 2020
Eulalia:
smiley and what are the commandments? For your info, the one and only greatest commandment Jesus gave us is Love.
Did you know that those two commandments were also given to the people of Israel in the old testament? My point is, yes there are two great but the other commandments matter as well, especially for when you are in need of specifics on what to do and when.

If you are able, please read through the book of Matthew (the other gospels are equally valid) beginning from Chapter 5 through to the end. Here Jesus lists the blessings, the commandments (principles, if you would like to call them that instead), woes(curses), and the seal, that are the second covenant which is Himself. Pay attention to every word He speaks and every story so you can pull out the commands He gives as He speaks to the people and His disciples.

I suggest that you do this too because that is exactly what He made me do when I asked Him to teach me about Himself.
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 29, 2020
smiley
Kobojunkie:

Did you know that those two commandments were also given to the people of Israel in the old testament? My point is, yes there are two great but the other commandments matter as well, especially for when you are in need of specifics on what to do and when.

If you are able, please read through the book of Matthew (the other gospels are equally valid) beginning from Chapter 5 through to the end. Here Jesus lists the blessings, the commandments (principles, if you would like to call them that instead), woes(curses), and the seal, that are the second covenant which is Himself. Pay attention to every word He speaks and every story so you can pull out the commands He gives as He speaks to the people and His disciples.

I suggest that you do this too because that is exactly what He made me do when I asked Him to teach me about Himself.
smiley
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by Rafoski: 11:53pm On May 29, 2020
Ladylite:

You comment just proved where you nailed your brain.

LOL. Beans cooks faster than your processing ability.
Oh no!
Re: As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend by kingxsamz(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2020
ebohstepn:

stop this kind of preaching my friend. how do one get married without dating? dating d'nt main one has to fall for the pleasures of the world.

even marry dated Joseph before he married her. please stop this kind of words. this period we are in now, one needs to get understanding of the word of God, seek for understanding bro

Your fellow Christian folks up there said you're not supposed to have a girlfriend before marriage.
I think it's him you should be addressing.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: Daniel Curses Opponents In Church(rccg Parish) / Who Can Correctly Say Which Christians Properly Interpret The Bible? / CHRISLAM !!!!!: One World Religion Emerging.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.