Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (49150 Views)

Iran Claims It Has Attacked An Israeli Spy Base In Kurdistan(photos) / Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Ukraine Breaks Diplomatic Ties With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by zuto4u(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2020
U are the one that should keep quiet and shut that gutter u call mouth!
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 10:13am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
Lol since this pandemic started, they have done nothing but mislead people. So tell me kind sir, is it the aid they send? Because if we had a good healthcare system, we wont be needing the aid.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? Without WHO, we will all be half dead now.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by usah4(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2020
ethicallyright:
[s][/s]
Keep quiet good for nothing right wing terrorist. Hypocrite lying with the name of God.
You sheep support a vulgar reality star capitalist who doesn't want global health insurance but demonize a good man who has pledged a substantial amount of his wealth for that cause.

Stop spamming Nairaland please.
Your point is just useless
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 10:18am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

you are wrong sir. Before the WHO there were warnings and possible solutions to address the pandemic.

You probably weren't paying attention.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by usah4(m): 10:22am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

And with WHO we are all dying now, what has the body done since the outbreak?
If not lie to all of us, was this how the reacted when Ebola Epidemic was killing people
Sometimes we ourselves know the truth but with just little amount of money we all get blinded and keep mute of all the right things that we ought to say to free ourselves and our generations yet unborn.
Please lets be wise.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by alabo1: 10:22am On May 30, 2020
Alabaarowolo:
Why I pulled US out of WHO – Trump
President Donald Trump announced on Friday that the United States will terminate its relationship with the World Health Organization, a move he has threatened throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
“Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving, urgent global public health needs,” Trump said.
The President said that the “world needs answers from China on the virus. We must have transparency.
“Earlier in his remarks, he said that China had not properly reported information it had about the coronavirus to the World Health Organization and said China had pressured the WHO to “mislead the world.
“Chinese officials ignored their reporting obligations to the World Health Organization and pressured the World Health Organization to mislead the world when the virus was first discovered by Chinese authorities,” Trump said
https://www.blueprint.ng/why-i-pulled-us-out-of-who-trump/

Typical showmanship and blame shifting by the Donald. He bungled the response to COVID 19 and is now looking at saving face to boost his re-election chances amidst the economic downturn and coming recession.

Fact is Trump was notified of the potential threat to the US by his intelligent team as early as December last year and ignored it. This warning was repeated in January 18 and early February by Health Secretary Alex Azaar and again ignored. In fact on February 24 trump despite these warnings tweeted “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” Trump tweeted five days later. “Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” Two weeks later due to poor testing, contact tracing and a delayed support for lockdown initiatives the virus had spiralled in the USA.

Fact two: Trump delayed the release of vital equipment including testing kits and ventilators for weeks from the National reserve to states in need further worsening the situation.

Fact three: Trump disbanded the National Pandemic Response Team set up by Obama in November 2018 ,slashed the budget to the CDC to deal with Pandemics by 80% to the extent that when the virus started spreading only 3 of 100 public health institutions had the capacity to test for the virus properly. The disbandment of the Response Team also left a gap in planning and response time to the virus.

Fact 4: His attack on China is ironic today as as early as February he was congratulating the Chinese and President XI for their handling of the virus and using their data as a blueprint for the USA as can be seen from this quote:China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump tweeted Jan. 24. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”. However today after his administration's chaotic response to the virus has led to an economic slump he is looking for a convenient scapegoat to deflect his failings and rouse support for November elections.

Fact 5: Blaming China and the WHO is baseless to anyone who followed the chain of events carefully and not rely on Donald Trump's tweets/rants or Fox News. On January 20, 2020 Chinese Officials officially declared the COVID 19 virus a national Pandemic and a global threat. s?Two days the WHO held its first public briefing and notified the world of the potential seriousness of the virus but stopped short of declaring it a global emergency. However they made it official a week later on January 29th. So Trump had intelligence briefings on the virus in December 2019, an official declaration by China on January 20 and a formal declaration by the WHO on January 22 andb29 respectively and still says he was not properly advised by the body?Like I said only those who don't follow the news will believe this current rhetoric from the White House.

Fact 6: The trump administration has over the past 2;years reduced funding to global health programs by 70%. This situation has just given him an opportunity to expand his isolationist policies further.

Outcome; WHO will continue as other nations especially China that has the means will fill the void and replace America's dominance in not just the WHO but other bodies that will take a cue on this and reduce their dependence on American aid. Bottom line is reduction of soft power for the USA.

For aid reliant economies there will be reduced intervention in the short run until alternative sources of funding are formalized.

In summary the whole attack on the WHO and China is a baseless attempt to cover up the failings of his administration with the aim of salvaging his re-election in November.

My two cents.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Sleekmedulla: 10:26am On May 30, 2020
What do you expect when the US has lost 100,000 citizens in less than 3 months due to misinformation by the WHO. The WHO obviously didn’t operate as an independent entity whilst investigating the nature of the virus as regards its transmission rate instead they blindly swallowed the information given to them by the Chinese.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by ThinkFreely: 10:27am On May 30, 2020
I
wickedtuna:
its start by being independent. That we must learn.

We love being pitied in this country, it is almost orgasmic for the Nigerian people when we here somebody donated monies like we are ever going to benefit from it.
This doesn’t overruled the enormous role WHO has played to cushion the effects from our inability to think.
Whether we will think and do our homework is another topic.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by ThinkFreely: 10:28am On May 30, 2020
Sleekmedulla:
What do you expect when the US has lost 100,000 citizens in less than 3 months due to misinformation by the WHO. The WHO obviously didn’t operate as an independent entity whilst investigating the nature of the virus as regards its transmission rate instead they blindly swallowed the information given to them by the Chinese.
WHO didn’t misinform U.S, Trump Ignored every warning and he’s currently trying to shift blame to appease voters.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 10:34am On May 30, 2020
ThinkFreely:
IThis doesn’t overruled the enormous role WHO has played to cushion the effects from our inability to think.
Whether we will think and do our homework is another topic.
imagine if i was aiding you so you wont think..lol

If i was always cooking your meals, would you bother learning to cook? Truth is, their support is doing more harm.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by duality(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2020
linearity:

How so, please explain?

Trump is just trying to create a distraction from his failure to response to the crises in the US.

WHO did what they could do and setup to do, their response here and interactions with China from the onset was no different from other crises, visit WHO website where the timeline of their response is fully documented.

WHO does not have staff in every city of the world to monitor crises, they rely on each country to give them accurate report on what is on ground. It is possible China mislead WHO or China didn’t know the full scale of what they were dealing with...but in late December/early January WHO started doubting what China is passing across leading them to send people on ground to access for themselves...that is how WHO functions.

Whereas as at late February, Trump was still calling it a Deep State hoax, he doubt WHO report in February, doubted US own intelligence report, fired the pandemic response team Obama put in place, defunded many Health initiatives.

Trump refused or could not filled key positions responsible to react and hand crises like these. Assistant Administrator for Global Health, Associate Administrator for Relief, Response, and Resilience, Assistant Administrator for Asia and Associate Administrator for Strategy and Operations, etc are all handled by temporary unconfirmed officials with drastic budget cuts....When you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail, that is exactly what is happening in the US and WHO have zero blames, it all results from the incompetence of the occupant of the White House.

How come the virus is not all over China
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 10:35am On May 30, 2020
usah4:

And with WHO we are all dying now, what has the body done since the outbreak?
If not lie to all of us, was this how the reacted when Ebola Epidemic was killing people
Sometimes we ourselves know the truth but with just little amount of money we all get blinded and keep mute of all the right things that we ought to say to free ourselves and our generations yet unborn.
Please lets be wise.

Let's stick to the topic please. The question was on if WHO has been beneficial to Africans before the pandemic and the answer is a resounding yes. The world is yet to get a full grasp of this novel virus and its management. That is in no way WHO's fault. By the way, the mortality rate is much more in the developed nations than in these parts,they are the ones that need the palliatives from WHO much more than us. This sense of entitlement needs to end cos it is sickening.

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by nograv: 10:37am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Bravo!

GOD BLESS President Donald Trump for this Bold Move!

The World is full of Deceit..

I Have said it over and Over that The Presidency of Donald Trump is a " Mercy Period" for the Inhabitants of the World..

The Divine Presidency of Trump is wat has kept the world from witnessing some Real Wrath from Above!

Make Great use of these times... Make Peace with JESUS CHRIST

Once He is off! You may not be able to Survive

It pains to see People whose eyes are open but they can't see..

This is the Man that suits these times!

Go on Trump!

No Weapon formed or Fashioned against you will Prosper!

We are With you in the Spirtual!

You dumb negro, you realise Trump hates your black ass more than anything else??

I swear Nigerians are devoid of brains sometimes..

3 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Empiree: 10:38am On May 30, 2020
BREAKING: MADAGASCAR QUITS WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION OVER COVID-19 SCANDAL

Madagascar President, Andry Ranoelina, has removed his country from the World Health Organisation. He angrily said:

"Europe created organizations with the desire for Africans to remain dependent on them.

Africa has found a medicine against Corona virus but Europe thinks they have a monopoly of intelligence as such they are refusing to acknowledge it.

From today, we are no more member of the World Health Organization."
“WHO offered me 20million dollars to put a little toxic in my Covid-19 remedy” – Madagascar President exposes WHO

Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina has allegedly declared that the World Health Organization, WHO offered him $20,000,000 to put a little toxic in their remedy for coronavirus as the Europeans hacked their Remedy.

Andry Rajoelina says: “People be vigilant, the World Health Organization that we have joined by thinking that it will help us, is there to kill Africans.”

“My country Madagascar has found a cure for coronavirus but the Europeans have told me a proposed $20,000,000 to put toxins in this remedy to kill my African friends who will use it. I ask all Africans not to use their coronavirus vaccine, because it’s killing, come to Madagascar you who are sick, my country is ready to receive you with enthusiasm, our remedy is in yellow color, do not buy the one of the green color, the one of the green color comes from Europe, the Europeans hacked our remedy, they have put poisons to kill only the Africans as they wanted with the vaccines that we protest.” He added

Source

https://aobrempongnana./2020/05/15/who-offered-me-20million-dollars-to-put-a-little-toxic-in-my-covid-19-remedy-madagascar-president-exposes-who/

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Righteousness89(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2020
nograv:

You dumb negro, you realise Trump hates your black ass more than anything else??

I swear Nigerians are devoid of brains sometimes..

Go wash your mouth bro!imagine the dirty words coming from u!
Just like the one that says he is ethicallyright!

You have no moral justification to insult President Trump! You are Worse!

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 10:39am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
you are wrong sir. Before the WHO there were warnings and possible solutions to address the pandemic.

You probably weren't paying attention.

Again, the question was on whether WHO has been beneficial to us before now and the answer is yes. This pandemic is an outlier in the scheme of things and as of this moment, noone has the answer to solve this global issue. Let's not throw away the baby with the bath water cos we know that that makes no sense.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Empiree: 10:39am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

Let's stick to the topic please. The question was on if WHO has been beneficial to Africans before the pandemic and the answer is a resounding yes. The world is yet to get a full grasp of this novel virus and its management. That is in no way WHO's fault. By the way, the mortality rate is much more in the developed nations,they are the ones that need the palliatives from WHO much more than us. This sense of entitlement needs to end cos it is sickening.

Madagascar President, Andry Ranoelina, has removed his country from the World Health Organisation. He angrily said:

"Europe created organizations with the desire for Africans to remain dependent on them.

Africa has found a medicine against Corona virus but Europe thinks they have a monopoly of intelligence as such they are refusing to acknowledge it.

“WHO offered me 20million dollars to put a little toxic in my Covid-19 remedy” – Madagascar President exposes WHO

Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina has allegedly declared that the World Health Organization, WHO offered him $20,000,000 to put a little toxic in their remedy for coronavirus as the Europeans hacked their Remedy.

Andry Rajoelina says: “People be vigilant, the World Health Organization that we have joined by thinking that it will help us, is there to kill Africans.”

“My country Madagascar has found a cure for coronavirus but the Europeans have told me a proposed $20,000,000 to put toxins in this remedy to kill my African friends who will use it. I ask all Africans not to use their coronavirus vaccine, because it’s killing, come to Madagascar you who are sick, my country is ready to receive you with enthusiasm, our remedy is in yellow color, do not buy the one of the green color, the one of the green color comes from Europe, the Europeans hacked our remedy, they have put poisons to kill only the Africans as they wanted with the vaccines that we protest.” He added

Source

https://aobrempongnana./2020/05/15/who-offered-me-20million-dollars-to-put-a-little-toxic-in-my-covid-19-remedy-madagascar-president-exposes-who/
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by nograv: 10:41am On May 30, 2020
salford1:

Congratulations.
You just answered your own questions.

Aslong as African countries lack good leadership, begging for aids from organizations such as the WHO would not end. Nigerian Senators, HORs, governors etc would rather enrich themselves than help less privileged Nigerians. Same as alot of other African countries with corrupt leadership.

A good example below:

Major donor contributors for free HIV and malaria drugs in Nigeria and some other African countries for example includes the WHO, The US Gov through (PEPFAR), World Bank, Unicef etc

However, the budget from Donald Trump's White House last year for 2020 includes a whopping $1.35 billion in cuts to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and $392 million in cuts to the funds to fight tuberculosis and malaria. This Corona outbreak also gave the US president another opportunity or justification to remove US own contribution to the WHO. Note there are many countries that contribute to the WHOs purse not just the US
The WHO Ethiopian president, executives and workers could care less, they would still get paid their fat salary. Let's even say WHO gets disbanded (which is not possible), their staff would simply get absorbed into the UN. Na citizens of poor countries go hear am.

For this, coupled with many other holes plugging by the US gov just tells us that the US can't be bothered to offer good assistance to any disadvantaged or poor countries in the world again. It's now America first which is good for them - Nationalism.

To be honest, I can't even be bothered if Trump gets re-elected in November. It actually favours me as I work in the Energy industry in Canada. Trump loves the energy industry, and he has speedily approved our pipeline that carries oil from Alberta all the way to Texas. It's a win for my Canadian economy. However, not much benefit is Trump's win for poor and shyte hole countries..Goodluck to Nigeria and Africa.

So because you are ok, you dont care about anyone else especially those in your fatherland..?

I swear in addition to being dumb some Nigerians are selfish..

I assure you, you will never be viewed as a true canadian no matter how much you think you are.

clown

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 10:41am On May 30, 2020
Empiree:

Source

Please check your source. Unless this is from a reputable media outlet, I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Never mind, check the link below

Madagascar: The Facts About Madagascar - Quitting WHO, and a $20million Offer to Poison COVID-Organics
https://allafrica.com/stories/202005290255.html

*Also, check the list of WHO member states of which Madagascar is still a member.
https://www.who.int/choice/demography/by_country/en/
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by nograv: 10:42am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

There is more where that came from, you useless disgrace to the black race.

Thunder Fire your mother and father for creating you..

1 Like

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 10:43am On May 30, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:

[/s]

slowpoke
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by delvzy(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2020
Well China and USA is just playing a game of chess with the W.H.O being the chess board grin. Africa is just that novice being thought to follow the big guns rather than a self reflection of its worth.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by omonnakoda: 10:48am On May 30, 2020
Is it not weak ees that you cannot control W.H.O. A despite paying 10 times what China pays?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by usah4(m): 10:48am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

Let's stick to the topic please. The question was on if WHO has been beneficial to Africans before the pandemic and the answer is a resounding yes. The world is yet to get a full grasp of this novel virus and its management. That is in no way WHO's fault. By the way, the mortality rate is much more in the developed nations than in these parts,they are the ones that need the palliatives from WHO much more than us. This sense of entitlement needs to end cos it is sickening.
This is inhuman of you to say.... So does that now means that because they are not Africans so they should die.
They too are humans too even though we all know that the hate the Blacks.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 10:50am On May 30, 2020
usah4:

This is inhuman of you to say.... So does that now means that because they are not Africans so they should die.
They too are humans too even though we all know that the hate the Blacks.

The person who quoted me had said that since WHO isn't giving us any supplies during this pandemic, it means that that they are of no use to us. My rebuttal is that there are countries (with higher mortality rates) who are in dire need of supplies, WHO should focus on them instead and we in turn should learn to man up and cater for ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by ThinkFreely: 11:13am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
imagine if i was aiding you so you wont think..lol

If i was always cooking your meals, would you bother learning to cook? Truth is, their support is doing more harm.
Its not WHO’s problme that we are stupid. Their job is to help stupid people.

Whether we want stop being stupid is our problem not theirs.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Righteousness89(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2020
nograv:

There is more where that came from, you useless disgrace to the black race.

Thunder Fire your mother and father for creating you..

I Bless your Mom and I Bless your Dad!

I Bless you also My Brother!

Thunder will not See you nor your Parents in JESUS Name...
Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 11:29am On May 30, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Its not WHO’s problme that we are stupid. Their job is to help stupid people.

Whether we want stop being stupid is our problem not theirs.
lmao that was funny.

If i have dealt with you for decades, i should be able to figure out your tendency to be stupid and either cut ties with you or put measures in place to address it as a boss, either way i am complacent.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Nobody: 11:29am On May 30, 2020
AdaGod1:
Now that's the leader every nation wants
i can't be doling out billions of usd only for you to be working with enemies and sabotaging my country.
Typical America first
people wondered how this man won the presidential seat against a very popular candidate and very strong political party
me too I wondered how come
But if you look closely this is one of the reasons.
his pan America is second to none.
no negotiations when it comes to the welfare of America and Americans, no time for sentiments and sugarcoating.
he might not be a good blabber or orator like Obama but this man Trump is 1000% far better than worthless president Obama.

Even against all odds and campaign of calumny against him I still see him scale through in November.
let's see where China funding can take WHO to
Useless organization run by useless Chinese communists
God bless President Trump
God bless America
Thunder scatter buhari
thunder scatter all Buhari's supporters

I hope you know Africa benefits from WHO they give us free immunisations, funding to fight malaria and the sort. Don't worry.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by wickedtuna: 11:31am On May 30, 2020
peacettw:

Again, the question was on whether WHO has been beneficial to us before now and the answer is yes. This pandemic is an outlier in the scheme of things and as of this moment, noone has the answer to solve this global issue. Let's not throw away the baby with the bath water cos we know that that makes no sense.
Beneficial in ways of enriching few pockets right?
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by peacettw: 11:37am On May 30, 2020
wickedtuna:
Beneficial in ways of enriching few pockets right?

Ok. You lost me there.
Re: Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control by Ebubenwa042(m): 11:39am On May 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Bless your Mom and I Bless your Dad!

I Bless you also My Brother!

Thunder will not See you nor your Parents in JESUS Name...
Amen
God bless you for that godly response. O Lord forgive him because he doesn't know what he's doing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Noor bin Ladin Says Trump 'Must Be Re-Elected' To Prevent Another 9/11 / South Africans Are Worried After China Open 13th Police Station In Their Country / Governor, Five Others Killed In Philippines (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.