Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) (86820 Views)

Odumegwu Ojukwu & Bianca's Traditional Wedding (Throwback Photos) / BIAFRA: Death Of Bruce Mayrock, The Jewish-american Who Died Protesting At UN / Seyi Makinde Visits Lautech University Says "I Will Fulfill My Promise" - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2020
PROJECT MAYROCK : A PROMISE FULFILLED.

In the days following the stroke which would eventually take his life, one issue weighed heavily on Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s mind. That ‘issue’ was the immortalization of Bruce Mayrock, the 20 year old who set himself ablaze in front of the UN Building in New York on this day (29th Of May) in 1969 to draw attention to the plight of the Biafran people (a people whom he had never met, and whom he believed were at the brink of extermination, engaged in a desperate war for survival), who died in the early hours of 30th May, on the anniversary of the declaration of Biafra.

‘There is still time’, I had assured my anxious spouse.. ‘You will get through this, and then you will do it, as you planned’.

His response destabilized me. ‘I am a soldier..’ he said, looking straight into my eyes with all the equanimity of a man whose fate already lay before him;

‘the only modes of death I am conditioned to anticipate, happen to be death at the battlefield or by execution...I never expected to get this far. If I don’t make it, Do what you can...our people must never forget....’

Sadly, he did not survive....And steadily I embarked, stage by stage, upon Project Mayrock which, to the Glory of God, is nearing completion and slated for commissioning by the end of the year. It is our hope that the surviving brothers of Bruce Mayrock will attend the ceremony. The Mayrock is a three story edifice including a conference hall with Projectors ,an exhibition floor that will house artistic depictions, iconic photos and historic scenes of our 30 month long heroic battle for survival. Sculptures of Bruce Mayrock will adorn the landscape and memorial hall. Pupils from various schools will have an opportunity to visit and learn more about our struggle.

The buildings and some of the artworks as shown here are still in process, however since this particular anniversary marks 50 years of the end of the Biafra War - a momentous milestone- I thought it timely to share this initiative. The only input you are required to make into this project is to pass on the story of this selfless sacrifice, and that of so many others to our struggle, to your children. ‘A nation which forgets it’s defenders will itself be forgotten’(Calvin Coolidge).

My appreciation goes to to the architects and Arcon builders, the sculptors, artists as well the curators working with me on this project, to my children for their research and assistance and very importantly, my profound thanks to Chief C. Martins Ndujekwu...We started this journey together.

�To our departed Leader Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu....,

On yet another anniversary of the self immolation and death of Bruce Mayrock, it is my honour to affirm to you - Ikemba Igbo nine, General Of the People’s Army, Odum n’eche Igbo...that We have not forgotten; and the promise is fulfilled . The memories of our Martyr Bruce and of all those who gave their lives that we may live...are enshrined in our hearts and minds. Generations yet unborn will be reminded of their sacrifice. The Mayrock Memorial Building stands as a monument and tribute to uncommon courage and heroism.

Brother Bruce...The people of Biafra, Land of the Rising Sun, today raise their trumpets in your honour. Again, We say THANK YOU. We will Never forget you.

Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu
29 May 2020.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2340633612904006&id=100008721701950

132 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:32am On May 30, 2020
More

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2020
More .

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by landforeast(m): 10:40am On May 30, 2020
nice one

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2020
Nice one
Biafra Amaka

Mayrock Amaka

346 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 10:57am On May 30, 2020
hmmmm...this woman is fckking!

1 Like

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Easternsun2020: 10:58am On May 30, 2020
Respect!

The Sun
Shall surely rise again

In the East
After this night

In Nigeria
We are a pariah

But hang on, there is hope
We're not like those without hope

Soon, the day will come
When we shall overcome

Respect!

328 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:03am On May 30, 2020
Nice one cool

154 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Whiteangel1234: 11:05am On May 30, 2020
God Bless Biafra some how we shall get there

233 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2020
Moderators kindly cage that clown that clone my moniker

172 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by tiwasiaife(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2020
Biafra will surely come
Sooner than later.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Obiobidgbo14: 11:40am On May 30, 2020
Thank our lady for this noble venture.y truth 4th

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by James4bright(m): 11:43am On May 30, 2020
AnambraIstSon:
Dude wasted his life for an idea that Ojukwu the leader refused to die for. undecided

And it's your business, how? We all know you aren't an igbo man, no matter how hard you try to look like one.

You can't kill an ideology, you know. Biafra would always be in our hearts and our generations to come.

Igbos never forgets.

270 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by gidgiddy: 11:44am On May 30, 2020
Nice one, to the memory of Bruce Mayrock

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by FlordFlorez(m): 11:54am On May 30, 2020
Ultimate sacrifice.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by SoNature(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2020
AnambraIstSon:
Dude wasted his life for an idea that Ojukwu the leader refused to die for. undecided

And you had to stupidly clone someone's moniker because of inferiority complex

Bravo!

264 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Wuuworld(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2020
We can never replace them

We can never repay them

But we can always remember them

Never again shall the enemies prevail against us!!!!

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Maadoo: 1:08pm On May 30, 2020
We survived..

Kano Pogrom 1945

Jos Pogrom 1953

Nationwide pogrom 1966

Genocide 1967 to 1970.

We survived abandoned properties.

We survived state imposed bankruptcy.

We survived nationalisation of industries.

We survived quota system.

We survived government anti Igbo policies.

We survived Fulani herdsmen.

We survived destruction of our properties in Islamic riots.

We will outlive every evil policy from a country entangled in gross darkness and mired in structural wickedness.

Evil can never triumph over good.

We will overcome the dark heart of man.

of man's inhumanity to man.

Today we remember our heroes.

Odumegwu Ojukwu.

Philip Effiong.

Alexander Madiebo.

Joseph "Hannibal" Achuzia.

Rolf Steiner

Taffy Williams

Carl Rosen

Roger Faulques

Bruce Mayrock

Jan Zumbach

Etc.

Thanks for giving your yesterday so that we can have a future.

... and God bless the living legend Squadron Leader Artur Alves Pereira of the Biafran army, for coming to our rescue when the world feigned blindness to the cruelty of the dark construction of the human heart. Your generation is blessed.

Today we remind Nigeria that her past will continue to haunt her, her present will continue to torment her and her future will continue to elude her... for obfuscating history and conniving with evil, until Biafra is recognised and freed.

Even if Nigeria, a country suffering identity crisis and internal contradiction forgets, we will never forget.

We will take back our nation.

From the Hausa Fulani slavemasters and their puppets.

We will restore Biafra.

And make it the pride of Africa.

In Biafra Africa died and in Biafra Africa shall rise again.

In Biafra Nigeria died and in Biafra all the ethnic nationalities currently enslaved in Nigeria will rise again.

Come Biafra come.

507 Likes 83 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 30, 2020
Way more than Ojukwu and Kanu deserve.

Mayrock should be the face of Biafra and not Ojukwu or Kanu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Afamed: 1:16pm On May 30, 2020
Lol
Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by hammerpP: 1:22pm On May 30, 2020
AnambraIstSon:

AFONJA IMPERSONATION DON COMMOT FOR PLAY.

FROM I BE URHOBO TO .

THIS IGBO OBSESSION EHN...

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by SpComedy: 1:23pm On May 30, 2020
post=90117967:

When will Oduduwa children remember Awo that took rat poison

Chairman, you need to draw the attention of the mods to that slowpoke, so that he will be banned forever....

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by hammerpP: 1:25pm On May 30, 2020
It is good we remember him especially.

I dont know if he has any chance to know we built him a memorial and will probably name University, Places and Road after him.

But God knows about it.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by edochie12: 1:41pm On May 30, 2020
Where is the site located
Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by Otuegbe: 1:47pm On May 30, 2020
Ultimate sacrifice, nice one mrs ojukwu. We will not forget

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) by gidgiddy: 1:52pm On May 30, 2020
TripleOh7:
Way more than Ojukwu and Kanu deserve.

Mayrock should be the face of Biafra and not Ojukwu or Kanu.

And who is the face of Nigeria?

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Ayade's CSO Kneels Down, Begs Youths Not To Burn FGGC, Calabar / Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Bukola Saraki's Daughter's Dressing Got Facebook Users Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.