Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes (68647 Views)

Paul Adefarasin apologizes to Lagos govt, chides crowd at ‘The Experience’ / The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO / Stephanie Otobo Confesses, Apologizes To Apostle Suleman: "Politicians Paid Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Apeshy102: 1:57pm On May 30, 2020
Popular Onitsha-based Prophet, Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Odumeje has tendered unreserved apology to the people of Awka, Anambra state capital over hurtful statements he made in viral videos on their mode of worship.

The controversial cleric popularly known as Odumeje also apologized to the people of Arondizuogu in Imo state for allegedly vowing to put a stop to the Ikeji festival of the community.
Odumeje in separate viral videos in April, also allegedly attacked Arondizuogu people, describing them as fetish, just as he attacked one of their prominent sons, Pericomo too.

For Awka, Odumeje described their masquerade festival, Egwu Imo Awka as being fetish and a means of worshiping monkeys, which is the symbol of the god.

In one of the videos, Odumeje was seen boasting that if he came in contact with the monkeys worshiped by Awka people, he would destroy them.

Though Odumeje’s community, Orsu in Imo State had written to the communities involved, tendering apologies, he had maintained silence, with more videos where he attacked the communities trending on the social media.

But in a statement issued on Saturday by the pastor himself, Ohanaemere described the people of both communities as peace loving who he claimed to had known and shared fellowship in his church over the years.

He however said the experience had thought him that ungaurded utterances with divisive tendencies needed to be checked.

The statement partly read, “My attention has been drawn to the publications on social media over the alleged face-off between me and the good people of Awka and Arondizuogu communities in Anambra and Imo state respectively.

“In the said posts, I was potrayed as declaring war on the people of these communities and their respective traditional festivals and beliefs, It was also alleged that I had vowed to destroy Imo-Awka festival and put a stop to the Ikeji festival of Arondizuogu.

“Consequently, upon the above, I wish to acknowledge that the people of Awka and Arondizuogu Communities are peace loving and I have over the years come to share fellowship and service in church with a great number of them.

“These two communities and their renouned indegenes have been known and recognised as major contributors to the development of their states, Igboland and the nation at large.

“Awka and Arondizuogu communities have produced great men and women of integrity and pedigree and have always remained at the top of great sons and daughters of Igbo land.

“Against this backdrop and with every humility as a Servant of the Living God, I sincerely apologise to the great people of these two communities, to the entire people of Igbo land and to my Elders for my utterances.I will not make any attempts to justify my statement as even I can see that it is hurtful in all its ramifications.

“I also want to specially apologize to the family of Mazi Pericomo of Arondizuogu who I understand until his passing was a diligent servant(Evangelist) of God. I apologise and put it on record that this experience has thought me that words that speak any form of divisive conversation amongst our people MUST be checked. This is a time for unity, love and unwavering support for each other.

“Similarly, I lend my voice to the directives of the federal and state government in observing all the COVID-19 protocols, while waiting on the Lord for the end of the pandemic.”

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/05/30/prophet-odumeje-finally-bows-apologizes-to-awka-arondizuogu-indigenes/

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Hofbrauhaus(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2020
Pastor odumeje spoke all these big grammar? Where is the video?

802 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Celenwa1: 2:05pm On May 30, 2020
we should be careful of whateve we say at all time

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Amotolongbo(f): 2:10pm On May 30, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
Pastor odumeje spoke all these big grammar? Where is the video?
He has a press secretary who could have edited the release

213 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by chigoziri2403(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2020
This apology is janjelous

236 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by ArmaniUhuru: 9:57am On May 31, 2020
Liquid metal himself.

It’s OK if you don’t like him. Not everyone can pretend like the pastor of your beloved church.

Nigga is a real one. No faking

257 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by opalu: 9:57am On May 31, 2020
The human life is a "Container". The Divine Life is the "Content". The Divine Life is what you call "Eternal Life". Whe you give your life to God, He gives His own Life to you. So Salvation is an Exchange of Lives. You cannot be living the Eternal Life and be afraid of witches and evil spirits. You cant have the Eternal Life and be running to prophets and juju doctors for help. You are a god on this Earth because you carry GOD inside of you.

Galatians 2v20: "I am no longer the one that lives, but CHRIST that lives in me"

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Naijaarchive(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2020
angry
Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Nobody: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Well they had better accept that apology with all their hearts.
An apology from Odumeje is not something you'd get often.
He's not a man of peace of love.
He is a war, a fight. shocked

305 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
God is merciful!

Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Gossipcelebs: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Atlast the matter don settle but how we go settle this one

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by AntiWailer: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
grin grin

When will he apologize for slamming poor people on chairs and using them to satisfy his wrestling fantasies in the name of deliverance.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Skepticus: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
It's impossible.

This is war!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by dingbang(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Odumeje wey be fight? Taaaaaaa... I dont believe this bullsheet.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by EdiskyHarry: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
The liquid metal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by MoDaniel(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by teamderailers: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Na odumeje say all this one

4 Likes

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by seproperties(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Odumeje ,The Entertaining and Hilarious Pastor .Indaboski ,I hail ooo

12 Likes

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by apasino01: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Public humiliation
Private apology

If I’m in the receiving end, there’s no how I will accept his apology. He should use the Same energy.

2 Likes

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Nobody: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Comedian odumeje not prophet. Pentecostal churches are a disgrace. Person go just wake say God call am

44 Likes 4 Shares

angry

The media is giving this guy too much relevance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by joshjc(m): 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Amotolongbo:
He has a press secretary who could have edited the release
he for do am himself as video,at least person go laugh to relieve stress

27 Likes

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by dante0147: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Good
Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Pavore9: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
Laughing, Awka na aso enwe.......the day I recognized that monkeys are bosses in Awka was when they boldly sat on the fence eating the cucumbers and maize they "harvested" from my home garden while making fun of me! cheesy cheesy cheesy

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Kindness218: 9:58am On May 31, 2020
��
Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Rapsodee(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2020
Hmm..Pastor Odumeje but you said it yourself that "Everyone can never be preaching love, you are not a man of preacher of love, you are a War, You are a fight, you are Indaboski Pahose....

so why are you apologizing when this could be another opportunity to launch your terror and war to those communities...smh...smiley

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by chelsea1116(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2020
I'm certain he has felt the wrath of Izuogu.. For arrogant Oduheje to apologise, somtin has happened to him.

Even Jesus said give to Caesar wot belongs to him.

It is said with faith we can step on serpents but that dosnt mean u will see a snake and put ur feet on it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Nobody: 9:59am On May 31, 2020
angry
Prophet Odumeje is humble enough to tender an apology. That's a pass mark for a man of God. Most pastors have ego problems.

Odumeje may not have a good command of the English language like Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, but he isn't doing bad. I hear he used to sell electrical wires and other electrical stuffs before venturing into the Ministry.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by asahnwaKC: 9:59am On May 31, 2020
Guy man cool...

5 Likes

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by optimistD(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2020
That’s good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophet Odumeje Apologizes To Awka, Arondizuogu Indigenes by Neroiam(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2020
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Francis Apologises For Slapping Devotee / 'white Garment' Prophet Dies While Having Sex With Church Member's Wife / 10 Popular Churches In Nigeria And Their Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.