Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:31 PM

Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) - Food (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) (113031 Views)

Photos Of Grasscutter And 3 Monkeys Killed Today By A Hunter / Antelope Killed Today For Easter / See The Big Bush Meat I Killed Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by uy2kng: 8:04am On May 31, 2020
Ebola Rat.please don't eat it.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2020
SOPWriter:
Looks like one of these.
no this is Disney na mind is real
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by uy2kng: 8:06am On May 31, 2020
EBOLA RAT.Please for your own good don't eat it.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by kumancy56: 8:07am On May 31, 2020
So na you kill my...(lol, I don't even know the name) wey I dey keep for Christmas in case this coro no end ?

Nobody fit settle this your matter finish
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2020
bizme:
This is a flatheaded cuisemanse, a species of dwarf mongoose.
It is a commonly hunted, and is a predator that feeds on small prey. You can find more information here http://animalia.bio/common-kusimanse

the same thing
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2020
Matrimonous:
Why are Nigerians like this?
You don't know what the strange and ugly thing is yet it's getting prepared for the pots.
Since you guys believe so much in superstition, what if it's a human being that transformed to the creature?
that means human being meat sweet ooo. I need more of this
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Zionope: 8:14am On May 31, 2020
happybee:
This is called 'asin' in Yoruba language..
It smells like mad.
It is not "asin" it is called "kéké" and it is edible.

1 Like

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by OdenKelechi(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Tasmanian devil's aren't found in this part of the world, that's likely a mongoose.
I know, that's why i said looks like. It's just as ugly as a Tasmanian devil
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by lomprico(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2020
pocohantas:

Maybe a sub-specie, but it is NOT a mongoose.

No offense, but there is no resemblance between a mongoose and that creature on FP with a snout. Except one of us has bad eyesight.

There are different species of d animal, for the fact that the species you are showing does not look like d one op killed does not make is less of a mongoose.

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Nobody: 8:30am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:
that means human being meat sweet ooo. I need more of this
Make we run from you then.
Lolzzzzz grin grin

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:32am On May 31, 2020
What a pathetic story. RIP to HIS
Kingrefreshed:

Remembered the year we had this Animal as a Pet. It was so lovely because we caught it while it was very young and little, then it feed it and domesticated it.

When people come to our house and see it, their first reaction always is to look for a stone or wood to kill it then we would shout that's it's our pet.

It feeds on Snails only.

You need to see how it breaks the shells of the snails. Very beautiful.

Then one day the wild instincts came out. It was really more like a normal little dog in our house because we name it " HIS ".

Just call him "His " and it will just appear from No where.

But my dads immediate younger brother killed it one day when "HIS" went into his poultry farm and kill almost all the day old chicken. "HIS" would just catch the little bird, cut it's head off and bounce on another bird... It was a total mess and with Anger my uncle killed HIS.

It was like someone actually died in the family that day. Everyone was absolutely sad and depressed that day.

In my language we call it "Nkwukwa "
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2020
Thetruthalways:

Am telling you....na dem....
They eat any animal they see and a lot will be trolling Calabar for eating dog...an not from Calabar or any where near there...
I guess its Hunger and poverty too that is making them do this....
How will a human being eat any animal seen...
but u eat cow and ram
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Mumu! you have never made any sense
hehe I thought I was the only one who notice this
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:39am On May 31, 2020
sirgusto:
That's a mongoose.
It feeds on snakes.
You should have made it a pet, it will kill snakes for you.
this one is already mature o. Make a wild animal pet or u mean predator? This one done mature na can't be tempt
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

That stuff carries a whole lot of viral load. It is called Nkapi in Iboland.

Consider yourself a walking reservoir of zoonotic viruses after eating it.
make I hear word
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:41am On May 31, 2020
solochiben:

Hope you are not planning on eating that?

it was a delicacy trust me
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2020
uy2kng:
EBOLA RAT.Please for your own good don't eat it.
Ebola still dey?
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by saintbillion(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2020
Matrimonous:

Make we run from you then.
Lolzzzzz grin grin
hehehe
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Shancca: 8:47am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:
Was about going out today to chill due to this lock down ooo. loo and behold I saw this pig-like wild animal trying to attack one of my chicken. Then quickly I use a stick and hit the head.
Natural palliative send from above.

Don't even know the name sha. can anyone help?
lalasticl.ala come here let's settle the matter for area now.

This is Bandicoot; known to transmit typhus and plague, endemic to Australia; however, might be invasive to West Africa.

We just want to eat everything in this country. Eat it well with palm wine
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Kayharry(m): 8:48am On May 31, 2020
It's a short mongoose
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Shellsploit: 9:00am On May 31, 2020
stieyven:

There are many exclamatory phrases you can use rather than Jesus Igwe. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Bradiyung(m): 9:00am On May 31, 2020
This is how China ate different kind of animals and brought this deadly virus, you seriously ate an animal you have no idea about....... God will help you.

It's seems like a mole though, we should try to preserve our wild life, during this pandemic I noticed so much killing of our wild life I didn't know we were this blessed pls let's preserve them.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by martin231: 9:10am On May 31, 2020
This is moonrat aka Nkapii grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Sardauna24(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2020
saintbillion:
Was about going out today to chill due to this lock down ooo. loo and behold I saw this pig-like wild animal trying to attack one of my chicken. Then quickly I use a stick and hit the head.

Useless people eating almost everything their hand tap on,na u guys cause all this deadly infectious diseases in this country,most u chop this kind bush meat?
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by westfield: 9:59am On May 31, 2020
This looks like a mole......rat family

saintbillion:

Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Vickytall: 10:32am On May 31, 2020
SKhanmi:
Isn't that a shrew? You lucky say Eno bite you.

Modified*
Nope too big for a shrew and definitely not an anteater. Looks more like it belongs to the mole family. Suprised you will eat an unknown animal sha

A shrew doesn't bite
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by CeceNene(f): 10:34am On May 31, 2020
Bush baby
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by Prymestrr(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2020
pDudd:

Exactly. Or the shrew family.
Yoooo bro what's up. It seems LA is in chaos over the protest cum riots. Hope you're keeping safe bro... Our good thoughts are with you all and may justice be served for George Floyd cry
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by pocohantas(f): 11:00am On May 31, 2020
lomprico:

There are different species of d animal, for the fact that the species you are showing does not look like d one op killed does not make is less of a mongoose.

If you knew the name, you would have called it just what it is. We all know it is noodles, but is it indomie, chikkichikki or tummy-tummy? wink
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by lomprico(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2020
pocohantas:

If you knew the name, you would have called it just what it is. We all know it is noodles, but is it indomie, chikkichikki or tummy-tummy? wink

the dog have different species with their names but they are known as dogs.

yes, the pic I shared is a specie of mongoose with it's own peculiar name likewise the one u showed. but they are generally know as mongoose!
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by pocohantas(f): 11:06am On May 31, 2020
lomprico:

the dog have different species with their names but they are known as dogs.

yes, the pic I shared is a specie of mongoose with it's own peculiar name likewise the one u showed. but they are generally know as mongoose!

The point sure flew over your head.
Re: Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) by lomprico(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2020
pocohantas:

The point sure flew over your head.

what point? if you want the name its 'Kusimanse' specie of the mongoose family!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Food Section Rules And Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.