Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (20976 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by CasshBwoyz: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2011
Whatever new price plan it is, A mobile phone company has no right to change the details of your plan on a whim. In fact I know that in the UK some people in the UK have price plans and the company (T-Mobile) can't change it even though the price plan was phased out years ago. T-Mobile was actually calling such subscribers up with inducements to try and get them to change to the 'new' plans they had sometimes offering as much as £500 , and new phone etc.

For the people that will say ' , this favors me so I'll take it and keep quiet , ', What happens when you wake up one morning and their new price plan which has been foisted on you? The bottom line is that a firm that wants to amend anything referring to a service they provide to you MUST seek your consent OR inform you in advance of such an intention.

Be wise and aware that the it's the principle here that should be contested,not the content of their new offering. As one with fair experience in this kind of thing, I'd also advise that if you receive new T&C's - Terms and conditions, READ them very carefully before agreeing to them (I know we don't usually but many companies have been known to include some unfair terms which the subscriber agrees to because they never read it). Don't allow companies to run roughshod over YOU and your RIGHTS.

Let the buyer beware - CAVEAT EMPTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by chukwubele(f): 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2011
For a while there I thot no one had an issue with this forced migration. I absolutely refused to migrate then the wayo people migrated me to this their MTN paygo. By the way I still have only 4 family and friends and absolutely no free sms. I think we better begin to figure out how to deal with this mtn. Their own don dey too much,
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2011
I have the solution to this mess. . Buy an airtel sim card, transfer all your contacts from d mtn sim to the airtel & keep your mtn sim in a safe place for @ least 1 year or until mtn comes up wit a better package
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayodapo(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2011
Ever since Etisalat started the N15/min tariff I never make calls with my MTN phone I only use it for my BB, but to my greatest suprise after renewing my monthly BIS subscription MTN refused to release my BIS, After making frantic effort to get thier so called online customer care i eventually got through to a guy who told me that there's actually a network issue presently and that my line happens to be one of the systems affected. Bottom line, they never felt any remorse about it never bothered to apologize. It was later that I got a text that BIS subcrition can only be done from monday to friday. MTN does nit care about their subcribers all they know is Money.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by jobejobe(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2011
@trae_z u must be a fool for writing this, Please don’t display your ignorance by abusing MTN. read more about the new plans here: http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/paygo.html and http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/talkon.html
And be informed that MTN is not a charity organization but a business which has salaries to be paid that feed the parents/guardians of some of you in one way or the other. None the less MTN remains committed to total customer satisfaction.

no one said MTN shdnt change der tarrif and encourage pple to migrate, but why forcefully migrate pple without even informing us, its pple like u who sell der left testicle for money. maybe der r feeding ur broke backside, dats ur fu.ckin problem, and like u said MTN Isnt a charitable NGO, but they arent committed to our satifaction rather dey r to der banks,
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by erumena(m): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Vigilante link=topic=589287.msg7586622#msg7586622 date=1295788982]
Go tru your phonebook & you'll realise that 80% of your contacts have an MTN line. One way or d other you're stuck with em.

the last time i checked my phonebook, 90% of my Mtn contacts now have airtel and etisalat lines grin
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by kacey: 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2011
Pls house who knws how to register mtn magic no? i tink thats the only small gud tin MTN has done in the rent time.b4 this i 've already placed my mtn line as an answering machine. they too stingy.i've neva seem.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by WackyJ1(m): 3:15am On Jan 24, 2011
All those defending mtn are those with the biggest ignorance. MTN is still losing the price war even with their new tariffs. All they did was bring airtel's tariffs to only six numbers and then seem to balance everything with the so called magic number. This is what they always do. The amount of money they make charging subscribers for the calls to numbers that are not among the six( the numbers you can call for 12naira per minute) is what pays for their magic number. They are the only network that still operate on their old tariffs just with new names.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by kacey: 7:19am On Jan 24, 2011
we are still speaking grammar here, since only what they could do is to introduce magic magic my ass in other to see if they can measure up,

can someone tell me how to register the magic no?

Most of those write up covering them are their half staff so called contract staff. They still have a long way to go,

Can Mtn do something gud for naija? They are voracious in nature
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Achochius: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2011
mtn paygo is the best mtn has ever done in Nigeria!!free call all day to one numba!!haba, half cake beta than non, i kno, the odas r alredy battling to catch up, especially, da green!!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 24, 2011
Achochius:

mtn paygo is the best mtn has ever done in Nigeria!!free call all day to one numba!!haba, half cake beta than non, i kno, the odas r alredy battling to catch up, especially, da green!!!!

Can someone under roaming in Ghana be added as a magic number?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by zuuby(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2011
Tried the new MTN tarrifs for six days now.
verdict ??

Back to ETISALAT oh Isreal
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by WackyJ1(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2011
MTN used magic number to deceive subscribers so that they could keep their old tariffs.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by obidaddy: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
if not that am a student and most of my pals are on mtn i long would have long left them. they dont have the interest of Nigerian and Nigerians at heart. As for our so called 2nd National carrier G**. they no good either, they just want money
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by gistar(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
the tariff is cheap and all that but can someone help me remind MTN that the subscriber reserves the right to migrate to any charging plan he want
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by CGKing(m): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2011
PayGo. Sounds like a lot of trouble. If i load pay [/b]inside, e fit [b]go. Abi?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Vigilante: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2011
Those complaining that ur consent wasn't sought b4 migrating, u make me laugh. They have 3 plans. Migrate 2 one 4 free.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by edicolove: 1:57am On Jan 25, 2011
Most of you guys are making me feel sad. Why is Nigeria like this. Until we change the way we think, this country will not change. The problem is not from MTN. This problem is NIgerians. We are plastic people with huge inferiority complex. How can a network be charging you 30 to 40 Naira for a minute while other networks haved moved over to 12-15 Naira per minute and you are still debating. If it is another country, everyone would have already thrown away their MTN line.

You guys talk like you have sworn an oath to use MTN lines forever. What is so difficult in changing a line. I have used 2 MTN lines b4 and thrown them away. Why this funny attachments to phone lines or phone numbers. I have friends all over the world and they change their numbers from time to time. Why all this religious ties to numbers and networks. We are a funny country. A country that prefers to use expensive things when it is not necessary. MTN has the

- Worst customer service
- Worst Drop calls
- Worst tarrifs.
I have about all the networks Airtel, Glo, MTN, Etisalat and Visa Phone. I once spoke to someone who asked me which line I was using. I told him Celtel (now Airtel) and he responded by saying, "ah why not change to MTN, the big boys network". I was so pissed. That is a guy with big inferiority complex. Since when did a phone number show that you are a big shot in society? Very stupid! And this fellow have not bought 1/3 of the Airtime I have bought. But you see, the guys at MTN know a lot of Nigerians think like this, so they will exploit the inferiority complex and extort you guys. And the funny part is that the real wealthy people in society dont care about stuff like this. It is poor guys and average guys that think like this. They try to create a status with stuff like the phone network you use, the mobile handset you use and so on. I once met the Former UBA chairman on the plane from ABJ to Lagos and he was using a cheap Nokia 6210. A billionaire.

It is all a shame to us. Do yourself a favor. Don't get attached to a number. If they will not reduce their tariff, throw it away. Liberate yourself from emotional bondage. Stop giving yourself those excuses like

- All my contacts are MTN (This is a big lie)
- After all they have tried (Poor self worth. You deserve more)
- All my clients are used to the number (Bull crap. Respected companies dont use mobile numbers. They use fixed phones. How can I trace you if you abscond with my money)
- MTN is the best (Completely delusional. Now you are lying to yourself so you can justify your bondage and emotional attachment and weakness)
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by roselynbas(f): 3:15am On Jan 25, 2011
spoken like an airtel staff! you think you can come and run your mouth and people will migrate abi! airtel ko watertel ni! when did they become stable? apart from some parts of Lagos, where is their stable network? What about their internet service, where do they have a stable connection? you better look for a network that is stable and efficient and use and stop complaining! After all, Nigerians dey kill Nigerians, oyibo no send una!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by WackyJ1(m): 5:16am On Jan 25, 2011
I like my mtn because of the internet network speed and coverage. I barely use it to make calls even though i have no other network number
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by gistar(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2011
to many Nigerians, network lines have turned ornamental.
if not the likes of MTN lines with cut throat charging plans why should i even keep more than one network line?
just like many of us have commented here already, i am still emphasizing it, i don't trust MTN even when i feel they have not done enough by their recent slash in call rate.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by gistar(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2011
Vigilante:

Those complaining that your consent wasn't sought b4 migrating, u make me laugh. They have 3 plans. Migrate 2 one 4 free.
with due respect man, the question isn't the fact that they have more than one plan and one can migrate to any.rather the question is why migrate everyone PAYGO.
whatever happened to informing subscribers about their intention to change plan i cannot tell.at least they coulda sent a message to all subscribers about their plan to change their charging plan and give us the honour o' choosing the one we want.don't you feel so VIGI?

Gist on fellaz
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by DrAbana(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2011
cry
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by EfeEkarume1(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2011
The real reason why I still use MTN is because it browses free! Am sure some of you guys will agree with me on that one - that is, does who are browsing free -
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by WackyJ1(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2011
Efe Ekarume:

The real reason why I still use MTN is because it browses free! Am sure some of you guys will agree with me on that one - that is, those who are browsing free -
Exactly, my mtn line is just for browsing free
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mmuoado(m): 11:55am On Jan 25, 2011
MTN never gives without something in return.stick on your normal extraconnect package,they want you to deviate so DON'T!stay cool
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by dailydolla4u(m): 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
That true. Paygo is nothing but 2 number added to family and friends. While talkOn is typical of their selfish nature of only MTN to MTN. If not 4 magic number there would not be found in the ammunity of network provides in Naija
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Vigilante: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
@gistar - at least you can still migrate to Talkon and the other one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

484 Recharge, What Is It All About? / Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / Apple To Scan Iphones For Child Sex Abuse Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.