Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Knee Pain please help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Knee Pain please help (458 Views)

My Fiancee Is In Pain Please Help / Disturbing Chest Pain Please Help! / How to cure knee pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knee Pain please help by wale377(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2020
pls i'm in need of a physiotherapist here. i have a problem with my knee. I hit my knee below the knee cap on concrete 2016 and since then I have been feeling pain since. i have don x-ray and my bones are intact. i have met doctors and the always tell me to do strengthning exercise....... nothing changed. so recently i went online and i noticed my knee problem was knee fat pad impingement because all the symptoms are exactly the same. and the treatment of the fat pad impingement require cortisone injection. pls advise me guys. and how much does the injection cost.? or is the any alternative?
pls help
Re: Knee Pain please help by 1stola: 8:34pm On May 30, 2020
wale377:
pls i'm in need of a physiotherapist here. i have a problem with my knee. I hit my knee below the knee cap on concrete 2016 and since then I have been feeling pain since. i have don x-ray and my bones are intact. i have met doctors and the always tell me to do strengthning exercise....... nothing changed. so recently i went online and i noticed my knee problem was knee fat pad impingement because all the symptoms are exactly the same. and the treatment of the fat pad impingement require cortisone injection. pls advise me guys. and how much does the injection cost.? or is the any alternative?
pls heal

How old are you?
You can give a range...
Re: Knee Pain please help by wale377(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

How old are you?
You can give a range...

I'm 20
Re: Knee Pain please help by 1stola: 8:46pm On May 30, 2020
wale377:

I'm 20
Good.
As long as x-ray has said that your bone are okay, the tissues the pains could be coming from is the muscle and/or nerves in that region.
Some muscles fibres could have been damaged when the accident occurred. Trust me, with good regular exercises and massages , it'd be restored.
You can be using warm water to massage it too regularly especially before you sleep at night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Knee Pain please help by wale377(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

Good.
As long as x-ray has said that your bone are okay, the tissues the pains could be coming from is the muscle and/or nerves in that region.
Some muscles fibres could have been damaged when the accident occurred. Trust me, with good regular exercises and massages , it'd be restored.
You can be using warm water to massage it too regularly especially before you sleep at night.

thank you very much...... but trust me I have been doing all those since.... and nothing changed... maybe I'm doing it wrongly tho. thanks once again
Re: Knee Pain please help by wale377(m): 8:52pm On May 30, 2020
1stola:

Good.

but the injection wont be necessary ba?
Re: Knee Pain please help by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2020
wale377:
pls help

Do Physiotherapists now give injections??
Re: Knee Pain please help by wale377(m): 9:24pm On May 30, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Do Physiotherapists now give injections??

Yes they do
Re: Knee Pain please help by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2020
wale377:

Yes they do

They don't, please. Don't assign knew new roles to them.

That's not part of their training, unless you don't really know who a Physiotherapist is.
Any Physiotherapist giving you injection is a fake one.
What dose will he give? How does he give it? How often will he give it? How many doses in total will he give? How many of the complications of the steroid injection on the surrounding muscle tendons does he know? These are completely outside the scope of his training.

Maybe, you're confusing an Orthopedic surgeon with a Physiotherapist.
Only an Orthopedic surgeon can give that steroid injection properly; a Physiotherapist is not trained to do that.

Don't go and damage your knees, and then come back here to complain, bros.

Look for an Orthopedic surgeon. A physiotherapist will continue the muscle strengthening exercises and massages thereafter.
Re: Knee Pain please help by oxypressPlus: 1:24am On Jun 01, 2020
wale377:
pls help

See how the 'big boys' handle similar injuries
They simply go for hyperbaric oxygen treatment -hbot.
Simply search: hbot for knee injuries
Re: Knee Pain please help by Healthyway15: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
wale377:
pls help

Resting and avoiding aggravating activities are usually recommended. You should apply ice to the front of your knee using ice packs wrapped in a moist cloth for 15 mins every 1-2 hours to reduce pain and inflammation.

Have you now got it treated?

(1) (Reply)

How to Get your Hands to Speak Beautifully / Beware! Plastic Fish May Be In The Market. / Vaccinated Lady Testifies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.