Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase (69898 Views)

FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice Nigeria Introduces New Dstv & Gotv Packages / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:24am On May 31, 2020
BABANGBALI:
I np trust you jo
Ok dear smiley
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by blowjohn(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2020
U guys should go and check how much people in south Africa pay for dstv. Then check out how many stations they have compared to here. Then u will know that they rbjist eating us and we r useless in this country. I mean we the youths.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by DSoj(m): 7:26am On May 31, 2020
Dstv is the most insane company in Africa. And i blame monopoly. They do shits cos they are the only satellite tv in Africa
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:27am On May 31, 2020
mamatwiny:

Please does mytv or startimes have Disney junior?

I don't think either does.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Cammo: 7:27am On May 31, 2020
malcom1X:

Try NTA na
grin
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by alsudaes1(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2020
jimi4us:
Im sick and tired of watching repeat shows on DSTV
Even their cartoons are repeated over and over again

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by adenigga(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2020
ProsperChild:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nigerians-groan-protest-dstv-gotv-tariff-increase/

Our protest supposed to be directed to our government, simply because majority of them don't give a damn about the poor masses. 85% of them are enjoying complimentary subscription because of their position.

Why can't we have pay as you watch package like in South Africa? We can port this issue with madness if we are pull to the wall o! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by AndyCole16(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
I have used DStv from 2005 to 2015,when I simply decided to dump it because of the price increase,bad buhari economic policy and the lack of good and interesting programs,the time I bought DStv in 2005 it was #45k with the dish magazine,they were showing almost the whole football league in the world that time french,Spain,Brazil, premier league,2nd division,American,italy,Russian,the list is endless,their other channels are so educative and interesting,but down the line even premium channels like Discovery and history starts to show pawn stars and other rubbish,I am predicting that smart phones is the next frontier and it will sink DStv.
Can you please explain how it will sink DSTV?
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:32am On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:
U guys should go and check how much people in south Africa pay for dstv. Then check out how many stations they have compared to here. Then u will know that they rbjist eating us and we r useless in this country. I mean we the youths.

South Africa is paying more per package.

Premium in South Africa costs N17662 , Nigeria N16,200 for example

For the same number of channels even.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by IMASTEX: 7:32am On May 31, 2020
HeadShot:

See them.... Shameless things..
Defending evil only makes people see you for what you truly are...

Imagine paying for a month subscription and your street transformer goes off for two weeks..

Everywhere its pay as you use.. Except in this hell hole full of evil doers... Spits
grin grin grin grin At bolded, na person wey never leave village, wey dey go watch TV for him neighbor house u want make him know that one. Abi na because him dey use 5mb daily bonus to type for here you think say him don get sense.
I've personally told them that they are stealing. I have also showed them pepper. I deliberately left some cash in my decoder account for months now. Because of that they have been calling me to encourage me to subscribe. See different formats of desperation. One called to say the bonus they gave me will expire if I don't subscribe with it, yet she needed my permission for her to subscribe me. grin grin grin. She thought she was talking to an illiterate, I was just waiting for them to forcefully subscribe me make we start the wahala for court grin grin grin grin the last one that called, I told her I simply download movies to my flash and watch on TV. There was nothing she didn't attempt to change my mind. The truth is, if Nigerians can boycott the use for just a month. You will see things restore to supposed settings.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by mamatwiny(f): 7:34am On May 31, 2020
Inasmuch as DStv is not to be blamed for this increase by FG , I have been thinking of a way to minimize my cable cost but go tv is not an option. I think it is time to try free to air they sell this side. 1k antenna is not too much to lose even if it stops showing.

Expect more increase due to this increase of vat by FG and their numerous stamp duty charges. Mtn, glo and others will add theirs so shortly.

The Lord is my shepherd.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:35am On May 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
I have used DStv from 2005 to 2015,when I simply decided to dump it because of the price increase,bad buhari economic policy and the lack of good and interesting programs,the time I bought DStv in 2005 it was #45k with the dish magazine,they were showing almost the whole football league in the world that time french,Spain,Brazil, premier league,2nd division,American,italy,Russian,the list is endless,their other channels are so educative and interesting,but down the line even premium channels like Discovery and history starts to show pawn stars and other rubbish,I am predicting that smart phones is the next frontier and it will sink DStv.

Discovery and History channel are to blame for the degeneration of their channels. History in particular.Not DSTV.

As for sports, DSTV still shows Italian and Spanish leagues. Occasionally 2nd division English league. I guess they show what Nigerians want.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by picaso313(m): 7:38am On May 31, 2020
nah only online we sabi protest.. Nigerians are cowards... see US as every body comot to protest killing of black person oo the whole US shake.. if nah Naija... those when no get money buy dstv go say e no concern me but they forget tomorrow they will buy n face it.. those that have the dstv will say abeg nah just 1000naira them add nothing spoil.. forgetting say nah from clap them take dey enter dance... we need to change

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by InvertedHammer: 7:39am On May 31, 2020
/
More pain for the losers who spend hours everyday watching tv.

/
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by crusufixo(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2020
These people are just taking us for granted. One thing is for sure, their days are numbered
Its just unfortunate that our government is choosing to look the other way
But , one day !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:41am On May 31, 2020
crusufixo:

These people are just taking us for granted. One thing is for sure, their days are numbered
Its just unfortunate that our government is choosing to look the other way
But , one day !!!!!

Or you can switch to Startimes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:41am On May 31, 2020
Which lie??

edoairways:

Fat lie
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by oba1000(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2020
No wahala... We will go back to DVD era. We'll be borrowing discs in place of AM, download TVC inand Channel apps, then watch sports online.... what else?

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by wasi9ice: 7:44am On May 31, 2020
Must it always be DSTV??

Why can't other companies be allowed to come in and operate ,

We need PAY AS U GO type,

Pls what happened to TSTV? that one was supposed to eperate u see ,,, pay as you go system

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by dingbang(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2020
wasi9ice:
Must it always be DSTV??

Pls what happened to TSTV? that one was supposed to eperate u see ,,, pay as you go system
Nigerians killed it .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:53am On May 31, 2020
wasi9ice:
Must it always be DSTV??

1.Pay as you go does not exist in any African country. South Africa has a packages ssytem, and they pay N1000 more than Nigerians per package.

2.TSTV is to blame for TSTV's failure. For starters, they claimed to have a deal with Bein Sports, when Bein was at the same time denying that they had signed a deal at al, plus poor customer service among other things.

Then there was HiTV...which government even backed. Mistake made was that HiTV assumed Nigerians bought cable for English football and Champions league, and tailored their bouquet accordingly. Big Mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 7:53am On May 31, 2020
emror4u:
Which lie??

He said "Everywhere its pay as you use.. Except in this hell hole full of evil doers... Spits". Not all countries has pay as you use and in fact those who do pay high price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by yommygift15: 7:56am On May 31, 2020
flokii:
Why can't NCC stop DSTV/GoTv from cheating Nigerians?

We've said it times without number that the South African company should embrace "Pay as you go" system of billing just like it is in SA and other sane climes.

Why increase tariff when people hardly get value for the money they pay. This rubbish has to stop.
Why would NCC stop them while Nigerians embrace them whole heartedly, let us stop subcription for a month and see them begging us, I bet u their highest bouquet will be #2000

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 7:56am On May 31, 2020
HeadShot:

See them.... Shameless things..
Defending evil only makes people see you for what you truly are...

Imagine paying for a month subscription and your street transformer goes off for two weeks..

Everywhere its pay as you use.. Except in this hell hole full of evil doers... Spits
You where aware before subscribing to multi choice that you experience frequent power cut so what is the fuss? Pay as you go isn't feasible for now
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by BRIGHTEXX001(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2020
Minus this hard times it is very stupid of them to increase it,what's all this?,dstv that is so boring?,no mbc channels,I pay 6800 and I always get bored facing my tv can you imagine,they are very stupid they don't think,maybe if no one subscribe for the next 2 months,everyone buys DVD or steam movies on Netflix maybe they'll get sense,foolish people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Jaqenhghar: 7:58am On May 31, 2020
flokii:
Why can't NCC stop DSTV/GoTv from cheating Nigerians?

We've said it times without number that the South African company should embrace "Pay as you go" system of billing just like it is in SA and other sane climes.

Why increase tariff when people hardly get value for the money they pay. This rubbish has to stop.
Una too dey expect govt to do everything for una. If una refuse to subscribe you won't die. DSTV no be food. When I bin dey naija I tire for their wahala disconnect am

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 7:58am On May 31, 2020
dingbang:
Nigerians .

No, Nigerians did not do such a thing. The company itself got itself into trouble.

1.They lied about having a deal with BeIN sports....WHEN BeIN was saying at the same time that there was no deal, and that TSTV subscribers were watching their content illegally.

2.Roll out was poor. Service was poor. They tried to launch everywhere at the same time

3.They were making promises that they could not keep...eg You will get internet with your decoder (Yeah, like we have the infrastructure to support that thing).

4.Bad customer service.

As this article put it

Let’s be fair; TSTV’s woes have not been brought on by their competitors alone as they have claimed, they have also been the architect of their own failures. Broadcasting programs from a media house without obtaining permission or license is self-sabotaging, not making decoders available when it is clear that customers were looking for it is self-sabotaging, more importantly, not providing services that you promised your customers is self-sabotaging.

TSTV can point fingers in every direction if they please but the truth remains that they are the chief reason why the brand has not succeeded as much as it should thus far.

Whether they accept it or not, the facts point to the direction that TSTV is another brand that was rushed to launch without doing the proper research.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by yommygift15: 7:58am On May 31, 2020
Stop using their services and see them begging us, there highest banquet will less than 3k after a month of mass none subscription from all families
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Osozondi: 7:59am On May 31, 2020
What is really wrong with all these yeye Nigerians?
Government increase VAT, you never protest but when Gotv and Dstv did now you can protest.
Total rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by martineverest(m): 7:59am On May 31, 2020
Lipscomb:
I don't want to talk on anything relate to this shithole. This foreign company will not take decisions without government agency.
they are private company,not government owned... government will only act on nigerians interest by asking them to reduce the price and also fine them for their anticompetitive nature

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Jaqenhghar: 8:00am On May 31, 2020
yommygift15:
Why would NCC stop them while Nigerians embrace them whole heartedly, let us stop subcription for a month and see them begging us, I bet u their highest bouquet will be #2000
God bless you. E no hard but my people no understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of TSTV Decoders Ready For Distribution November 1 / Kiddwaya Unfollows Nengi And Dorathy After They Labelled Him "Dirty Guy". (pixs) / Our Own Area Cartoon Series.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.