Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,505 members, 7,801,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? (16479 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by BarrSly: 6:49am On Jun 01, 2020
I agree boss thanks
sultaan:

You are buying a Lexus with V6 and worried about fuel economy.
I don't think you understand what cars are.
FYI car are made based on categories they will serve.
Luxury cars are not made to be cheap, performance cars are not made to sip fuel and economic cars are not made to be expensive to run.
The fuel economy of a V6 Accord or Camry will be same as IS 350 but IS250 will be close to a 4 cylinder Camry.
Parts will be a little more expensive if they are not shared with Camry.
The best fuel economy for a luxury brand will be their hybrid version but most buyers buying luxury do not consider fuel economy as critical.
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by BarrSly: 6:52am On Jun 01, 2020
Which filling station get premium na na wa 4naija o
HeavenlyBang:

You'd be very surprised. Those cars require premium, you won't be getting near a Camry i4's fuel economy.
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by BarrSly: 6:53am On Jun 01, 2020
I just usually had this fear that i4 are easier to work on and with time the v6 breakdown faster cause they’ve got too many parts in motion.

Opeexclusive04:
From the moment you got your mind to desire an IS250 V6, ignoring other four cylinder vehicle(s) should also be the moment you removed fuel economy from your expectations. V6 is not a guzzler as the typical Nigerian will call it, but it's also not a fuel efficient. In my opinion I'll always prefer a V6 to a four cylinder; simple reason is the durability of those engines are way beyond the so called fuel savers. Buy a V6 and Take away the driving stress from your head and place it on your engine.
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2020
BarrSly:
I just usually had this fear that i4 are easier to work on and with time the v6 breakdown faster cause they’ve got too many parts in motion.

That fear is wrong. Buy your v6 and enjoy your car.

5 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by Hoodbilonia: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2020
Then tell the fuc k tard to stay awa from my mentions. Dis is the 2nd threat a giving him.
The third wuld be a reality.mist times i come hereto play and dont take anything personal. But kingreign always wants to mention me and insult me becos na him wise pass. Ppl like kingreign are always frustrated and he has bipolar disoeder
. This would be the last warning.
sultaan:

That last statement is a no no.
Under no circumstance should the post of faceless internet entity should you wish death on a fellow human.
People have been killed based on statement like this and threat to life should not be taken lightly.
We all come here to express ourselves or some alternate ego we keep within take everything with a pinch of salt online.
If you respect yourself people will respect you and treat others like you want to be treated.
I am sarcastic, but in all my post I can't possibly harm you in any way, it is of no benefit to me.

Let us keep this section same there are people here who truly need help and information
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 7:58am On Jun 01, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Then tell the fuc k tard to stay awa from my mentions. Dis is the 2nd threat a giving him.
The third wuld be a reality.mist times i come hereto play and dont take anything personal. But kingreign always wants to mention me and insult me becos na him wise pass. Ppl like kingreign are always frustrated and he has bipolar disoeder
. This would be the last warning.

You keep talking about killing. I just look at you and laugh cos you are at liberty to type any rubbish from your keyboard but in reality, you are of no substance.

Just so you know, if I decide to follow you, life will become very very unbearable for you and death will run away from you because I'd make sure your whole life is a day time living hell

3 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by Hoodbilonia: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2020
Like i said you have bipolar disorder.
Go mention someone else
Ive seen your type million times
Dey nairaland dey form prof
kingreign:

You keep talking about killing. I just look at you and laugh cos you are at liberty to type any rubbish from your keyboard but in reality, you are of no substance.

Just so you know, if I decide to follow you, life will become very very unbearable for you and death will run away from you because I'd make sure your whole life is a day time living hell

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by speedfreak(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2020
Opeexclusive04:
From the moment you got your mind to desire an IS250 V6, ignoring other four cylinder vehicle(s) should also be the moment you removed fuel economy from your expectations. V6 is not a guzzler as the typical Nigerian will call it, but it's also not a fuel efficient. In my opinion I'll always prefer a V6 to a four cylinder; simple reason is the durability of those engines are way beyond the so called fuel savers. Buy a V6 and Take away the driving stress from your head and place it on your engine.
I suppose you don't drive an accord�

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by Banks92(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
BarrSly:
Which filling station get premium na na wa 4naija o

Hahaha BarrSly just close eye buy the one way u like o. whether camry, Accord or Is250. All these cars are surplus on naija roads
There is no perfect review man
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by Opeexclusive04(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
speedfreak:

I suppose you don't drive an accord�

Still hustling to get funds together to purchase my dream car. 1996 Celica.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by princeogbeide1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
BarrSly:
Hi guys, I intend getting the 2007/2008 Is 250 is there any issues I should be looking out for? Can I get Decent Fuel mileage (it’s a v6 so I am not expecting good but decent fuel save) .

Is there a better year that’s advisable to get between the 2006-2008?

Is 250 is not a reliable Lexus. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Is 250 is not a reliable Lexus. Be warned.
State your reasons why you say this pls.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by willian10: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
BarrSly:
Hi guys, I intend getting the 2007/2008 Is 250 is there any issues I should be looking out for? Can I get Decent Fuel mileage (it’s a v6 so I am not expecting good but decent fuel save) .

In same shoe with u
Tho I’m getting the 2010/11 IS250, I also consider getting the IS350 cos it doesn’t have carbon buildup
But I’d rather trade off the speed in 350 for the fuel efficiency in 250
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
kingreign:

State your reasons why you say this pls.

Don't waste your time. He's the guy who thinks the GS and Avalon are the same car.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
willian10:

In same shoe with u
Tho I’m getting the 2010/11 IS250, I also consider getting the IS350 cos it doesn’t have carbon buildup
But I’d rather trade off the speed in 350 for the fuel efficiency in 250

Carbon buildup isn't an issue as long as you rev out the car regularly. Besides, you can always get it cleaned out, I believe.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Don't waste your time. He's the guy who thinks the GS and Avalon are the same car.

Lol. No wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by king406(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

grin
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by willian10: 7:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Carbon buildup isn't an issue as long as you rev out the car regularly. Besides, you can always get it cleaned out, I believe.
Rev out the car regularly
What’s d meaning of rev out?
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by 9icetoo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Oh Lord. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
willian10:

Vroom vroom, vroooooooooom.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by willian10: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Vroom vroom, vroooooooooom.
Lol thanks bro

6 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by supaflex: 5:35am On Jun 10, 2020
which did u later get bruv?

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by BarrSly: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
supaflex:
which did u later get bruv?

Searching I wonder why a toks is250 is so rare
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by slex(m): 6:02am On Jun 12, 2020
BarrSly:

Searching I wonder why a toks is250 is so rare

Depends where you searching . its all over. The rare one is the 010/011 .
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by chukel(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2020
BarrSly:

i have a toks 2007 AWD with nav system and every perk you need. Reach out to me on whatsapp.
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by chukel(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2020
Opeexclusive04:
I disagree with the first sentence. Not all V6 guzzle fuel. You will be shocked at the fuel economy of IS250. I have used one. You will only remember it's a V6 during it's performance.
From data 4cyl Toyota camry and Lexus IS250 have the same consumption or fuel economy. They have same combined economy of 24mpg. Both have city consumption of 21mpg. IS250 has highway consumption of 29mpg while Camry 4cyl has 30mpg. Corolla has combined consumption of 29mpg. Not much of a difference in consumption when you compare the performance and features of IS250 with corolla. Nothing to compare actually.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by BarrSly: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
chukel:
i have a toks 2007 AWD with nav system and every perk you need. Reach out to me on whatsapp.

Your contact?
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by olumzzz(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2020
willian10:

Red line.
After your engine gets warm, press the throttle pedal till your RPM guage gets to the red line
Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2020
olumzzz:

Red line.
After your engine gets warm, press the throttle pedal till your RPM guage gets to the red line

Not just that. He had to drive spiritedly at high rpms.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Anyone who own an IS, GS and can't/don't drive them like he stole them once a while on long journeys, should sell off those cars before it becomes a liability to them.

7 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by chukel(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
kingreign:
Anyone who own an IS, GS and can't/don't drive them like he stole them once a while on long journeys, should sell off those cars before it becomes a liability to them.
I get GS350 for sale. Come buy am, so you can test run it everyday like you stole it

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? by kingreign(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
chukel:
I get GS350 for sale. Come buy am, so you can test run it everyday like you stole it
Lol, reason I made that statement is because these Direct injection engines are prone to carbon build up which affects their performance. Once a while a good long stretch at WOT is needed to decarbonize them. Also, sea foam is also needed once a while.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC / Advice On Conversion From Manual Transmission To Automatic Transmission / Effect Of Bad Shock Absorbers On Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.