Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 (48546 Views)

National Honours: Gov Adeleke Congratulates Aregbesola, Oyetola, Davido, Others / El Rufai, Lai Mohammed And Aregbesola At Jumat Service (Pictures) / Tinubu, Bisi Akande & Aregbesola At Ekiti APC Mega Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Crownbefitsme(f): 6:44am On May 31, 2020
In a fresh twist to the silent row between the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the Kaduna governor has said Tinubu is not his man.

Speaking at a webinar in commemoration of the 63rd birthday of the Minister of Interior and former Governor of Osun State, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, on Saturday, El-Rufai, noted that Aregbesola remained his man any day but that Tinubu was not his man. This, he said, was due to the differences between him and the former Lagos governor.

The webinar was tagged, ‘Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Colloquium 2020,’ with the theme, ‘Government Unusual: Innovative economic solutions to unlock mass prosperity,’ and was moderated by Boason Omofaye.

El-Rufai’s statement came as a subtle confirmation of the disagreement between him and Tinubu. Both of them are stalwarts of the ruling party and are rumoured to have ambitions to contest the presidency in the 2023 elections

Tinubu has never made any public statement about their seemingly frosty relationship and el-Rufai had also been conservative on the issue except for very few occasions.

Already, there had been mounting tension over which of the six zones would produce the next president in the 2023 elections.

Also in February, the Governor of Yobe State, Mai Mala Buni, while responding to fears that the APC might collapse when the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), leave office in 2023, said the much speculated presidential ambitions of El-Rufai and Tinubu could not break the APC, stating that it would rather strengthen the party.

At an event organised by the Bridge Club tagged, “An evening with His Excellency Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State, in May 2016, the Kaduna governor was believed to be referring to Tinubu when he explained how to end godfatherism in Lagos. Tinubu is widely known to be the godfather of Lagos politics since he left office as governor in 2007.

During the question and answer session, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and three-time commissioner in Lagos State, Dr Muiz Banire, asked El-Rufai how godfathership could be dealt with given how it had served as one of the drawbacks for professionals and businessmen who might want to go into politics.

Responding, El-Rufai said he defeated and retired four political godfathers in Kaduna State, saying the feat could be replicated anywhere, including Lagos State. He stated that the key was to go back to the people directly, noting however that it was a step that required time and hard work. “The key is to go to the people,” he added.

But while eulogising Aregbesola during the webinar, El-Rufai said he was not ashamed to state that he copied the school feeding initiative in his state from Osun State when he visited Aregbesola as governor, adding that there was a lot governors could learn from the way he developed the state, in spite of the economic crisis that plunged the state into debts.

While congratulating the birthday celebrant, El-Rufai said, “I want to congratulate my brother, Ogbeni (Aregbesola), on his birthday. You know I’m your man any day. I’m not Asiwaju’s man and you are Asiwaju’s man, but I am your man any day. Asiwaju and I have differences but you and I have no differences.”

In his remarks, Aregbesola, who was visibly overjoyed by the contributions of the panellists and the eulogies he received from them, noted that his achievements as governor were driven by his passion for the people, a virtue he said he imbibed from his teenage years.

He, however, appreciated the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), for encouraging him all along, adding that, “the second person who has played a very huge role in making me a good public administrator is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. He takes all the glory, apart from God.”

Other panellists at the webinar were the governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu; Statistician General, Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, Dr Yemi Kale; the CEO, Financial Derivatives, Mr Bismarck Rewane; the Chairman, Citibank Nigeria; Dr Yemi Cardoso; the CEO, Lotus Capital Limited, Mrs Hajara Adeola; and the Country Director, Development Alternatives Incorporated, Dr Joe Abah.

Kale, in his submission drew a nexus between weak earners, larger households, especially in rural areas, illiteracy, lower education indicators and poverty. He proposed three solutions to address poverty from the state level, saying, “Address unemployment, increase formalisation of the informal sector and design appropriate tax systems to extract revenue from economic activities

https://punchng.com/tinubu-isnt-my-man-says-el-rufai-congratulates-aregbesola-at-63/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Davash222(m): 6:45am On May 31, 2020
No sensible person will make a Thief his man.

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by donbachi(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2020
Which does not make him ur boy also.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Davash222(m): 6:50am On May 31, 2020
donbachi:
Which does not make him ur boy also.
Tinubu will always be loyal to the Hausa/Fulani, automatically, he’s a boy to El rufai.

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by JasonScoolari: 6:50am On May 31, 2020
The North London boys surely have a way of making the West London boys look inferior... It was made manifest when the in-form North London stars anointed one of the West London illustrious son, Prof Yemi Osibande as the "Chairman, Use The Toilet Committee of Nigeria"

I trust Mallam Nasir "Aubameyang" El-rufai to put a nail in the coffin of his West London opponents come 2023 and equally send Asiwaju "Azpilecueta" Tinubu to a compulsory retirement.

212 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Nobody: 6:54am On May 31, 2020
El-rufai has never been a fan of godfatherism, but has always believed in striving for glory via any means neccessary.. tinubu on the other hand followed same path of any means neccessary, but only got there to become a dictator...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Originakalokalo(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2020
It shall be well with this nation.

It is a new day. Let's live for God and shun evil.

Are you are christian who sins without remorse?

Change your ways and ask God for mercy.

It is not about calling Jesus Lord and Saviour alone. It is about doing his will. Jesus said he will send such people to hell....

Repent.

Check my signature. We offer online classes... register your child today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by AhoadaRivers: 6:59am On May 31, 2020
E don happen o. No presidency for ewedulites. grin

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by ddippset(m): 6:59am On May 31, 2020
El Rufai;

Tinubu does not have to be your man, all that matters is that he is the Man.
The way you keep his name in your mouth gives away the fact that you are subtly in awe of him.

In the context of Nigeria and the world at large Tinubu remains a great and influential man.

Haters may hate but anyone who divides opinions like Tinubu is definitely a great man.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by FlordFlorez(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2020
Buildup to 2023. Fingers are crossed.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by JAMO84: 7:12am On May 31, 2020
JasonScoolari:
The North London boys surely have a way of making the West London boys look inferior...

I trust Mallam Nasir "Aubameyang" El-rufai to put a nail in the coffin of his West London opponents come 2023 and equally send Asiwaju "Azpilecueta" Tinubu to a compulsory retirement.
Go and continue your 21 years slavery in the PDP. They're not even talking about giving anyone of you their ticket despite all your support for them, you people are errand boys and girls in the PDP but you think APC is your problem.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by DIKEnaWAR: 7:16am On May 31, 2020
So people congratulated Aregbe "opon Imo" Rauf woof woof and he decided to shame himself in the market Square by claiming good governance? Like the man is not shameless again? Oyetola go soon vex talk how far Osun was mismanaged under Ogbeni.

Wonders has really ended.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Karlifate: 7:22am On May 31, 2020
See Governor Nasir El-rufai listing their achievement so far:
- There's no party in Nigeria as formidable as APC.
- APC controls more states than any other political parties.
Come 2023, Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu cannot be Nigeria's President cos the Hausa-Fulani cabal will frustrate his ambition. He's just a means to an end for them. El-rufai is subtly showing him the reality check.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Jakemedg(m): 7:26am On May 31, 2020
Okay Gov。Nasir Ahmed El rufai
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by StreetFight: 7:28am On May 31, 2020
They can't just do without mentioning his name even on discussions that do not concern him, and he just remains silent. Strategies are Thinkers not Talkers.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by kehinde1588(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2020
We all know he isn't your man cos of 2023.

El-Rufia, you are fighting a lost battle cos Tinubu isn't your mate in all ramifications.

Get your mate as your man

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Jakemedg(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2020
Karlifate:
See Governor Nasir El-rufai listing their achievement so far:
- There's no party in Nigeria as formidable as APC.
- APC controls more states than any other political parties.
Come 2023, Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu cannot be Nigeria's President cos the Hausa-Fulani cabal will frustrate his ambition. He's just a means to an end for them. El-rufai is subtly showing him the reality check.

More than 55% of APC are political harlots。Pres。Buhari is the one holding APC together when he leaves there will be clash of interests

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by adadike(f): 7:42am On May 31, 2020
Ndigbo, stop canvassing for Elrufai . If he dare become president, our name is sorry. Infact, Buhari is an Angel compared to Elrufai . Becareful what you wish for

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Karlifate: 7:43am On May 31, 2020
Jakemedg:

More than 55% of APC are political harlots。Pres。Buhari is the one holding APC together when he leaves there will be clash of interests
They will all decamp to the ruling party at that time.
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Jakemedg(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2020
kehinde1588:
We all know he isn't your man cos of 2023.

El-Rufia, you are fighting a lost battle cos Tinubu isn't your mate in all ramifications.

Get your mate as your man
Bros this isn't a matter of mate but interest。Just incase you don't know El-rufai,Kwankaso ,Atiku are more likely to win the presidency ticket ahead of Tinubu based on NORTH numerical strength

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by stonemasonn: 8:03am On May 31, 2020
Nonybb:
I don't know why I hate fulani and Afonja so passionately. I just can't tell. I can't stand them as humans
your hatred your weakness.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by kehinde1588(m): 8:14am On May 31, 2020
Jakemedg:
Bros this isn't a matter of mate but interest。Just incase you don't know El-rufai,Kwankaso ,Atiku are more likely to win the presidency ticket ahead of Tinubu based on NORTH numerical strength

Can the North stand and win alone?

Even with their number, they can't win a United South. So why the over hyping?

You guys need to stop overrating the North. We know they have the number but has there been any election since 1999 a particular region did it alone without the support of another. Definitely NO.

El-Rufia himself knows power is returning to South come 2023. As far as APC exists as a party, they are returning power to the South.

I am super confident that if the ticket eventually goes to Tinubu, he will defeat anyone from the North considering his political network across all regions.

Politics is not played on social media and not by talking carelessly like El-Rufia has been doing. The real players don't make noise.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by DrBrainstorm(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2020
The dwarf will suck a d!ck to be Tinubu for a day

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by ForeThinker: 8:23am On May 31, 2020
undecided

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by DenreleDave(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2020
We know..

Tinubu cant be d man of a man dt pays terrorists to stop killing

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by nairavsdollars(f): 8:24am On May 31, 2020
What Is this small bird feeling like?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by money121(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Tinubu Is Not My Man - El-Rufai Says, Congratulates Aregbesola At 63 by Cladez(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2020
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Where Are The Senators?: Channels TV Infographic / Kwankwaso Threatens To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.