Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). (2096 Views)

Meet Roxy.. My 3 Months Old Gsd / Roxy The Rottweiler / Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2020
Happy Sunday Nairalanders,

Hello everyone,
After many years of procrastinating on getting a pet, I eventually got a dog (puppy) yesterday. Selecting the best breed as a first time dog owner was difficult, but after I made some research concerning the best breed for my situation, I opted for a GSD.

2 Likes

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by KristaPretty(f): 3:34pm On May 31, 2020
Telling us without a photo of the dog is like a complete waste of post! angry

1 Like

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2020
Here's my little girl

1 Like

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2020
KristaPretty:
Telling us without a photo of the dog is like a complete waste of post! angry

Chill sis, I've been battling with uploading her pics.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by CrazyCrane: 3:55pm On May 31, 2020
michelism:

use chrome
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Gabrokpara001(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2020
michelism:

Screenshot the pic and upload or crop the pics...it ll work that way
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Positive13: 4:30pm On May 31, 2020
Please I need 1 of those.how much can I get it.tanx
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2020
CrazyCrane:

use chrome

Thanks

Gabrokpara001:

Screenshot the pic and upload or crop the pics...it ll work that way

Thanks.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2020
Positive13:

Sorry man, I took the last pup.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by lexdany(m): 5:37pm On May 31, 2020
lovely Dog
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by EmekaBlue(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2020
Positive13:
i have same. 40k
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2020
lexdany:
lovely Dog

Thanks for this.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 6:34pm On May 31, 2020
Picture taken at her arrival, yesterday. To take a good shot of this pup is almost impossible. She doesn't stay at a spot, always running around the whole house.

2 Likes

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2020
Another one wink

2 Likes

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2020
Roxy doesn't like food I guess, more of a reason she's the smallest puppy in the litter. She eats a little, moves around and later come back to eat again. I don't like that because I want her to add weight. So, I've gotten her a nice supplement and she has eaten thrice already today.
Instead of her eating 3x in a day, I have increased it to 4x, so that she can finish her food each time and also add weight fast.

2 Likes

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 01, 2020
michelism:
Roxy doesn't like food I guess, more of a reason she's the smallest puppy in the litter. She eats a little, moves around and later come back to eat again. I don't like that because I want her to add weight. So, I've gotten her a nice supplement and she has eaten thrice already today.
Instead of her eating 3x in a day, I have increased it to 4x, so that she can finish her food each time and also add weight fast.

What type of supplement do you use please ?
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Positive13: 6:51am On Jun 01, 2020
EmekaBlue:
i have same. 40k
please drop ur contact.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2020
mayorkun101:

What type of supplement do you use please ?

Pet Pleasure Booster. I bought it for #2,500
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2020
michelism:

Pet Pleasure Booster. I bought it for #2,500

Thanks
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
There was a drama in the house yesterday night. When Roxy got to the house on her first day(Saturday), I made sure she had the liberty to move around the house (she played around and slept anywhere she felt like). At night, I brought her into the room to sleep, we were in the bed while she slept on the floor (my reason for this was to give her the feel of being part of the family). Around 2am, she woke and made her way up to the bed. Since then, I couldn't sleep throughout the night.

1 Like

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2020
My plan was to start basic command training with this girl by 8 weeks old but I guess she's a fast learner. She already understands and responds to her "name", and "come" in two days after her arrival without a proper devoted training time. "Stop" and "sit" are loading. wink

3 Likes

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by sixsgod: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
michelism:
same thing my pup was doing infact when she came she refused to eat, I was just weak, but she's been picking up she'd eat small then return again
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by EmekaBlue(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2020
Positive13:
please drop ur contact.

location Abuja
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 4:35am On Jun 03, 2020
sixsgod:
same thing my pup was doing infact when she came she refused to eat, I was just weak, but she's been picking up she'd eat small then return again

How old is your pup and what food do you feed? If you have the time or you have someone at home most times like me, try to portion the food to 4 or 5 times in a day. The kind of training I'm giving Roxy is to always make sure she finishes her food at every meal time(this means she eats more and no wastage). As times goes by, I will definitely reduce the times of her meal but this is the best her appetite requires for now. I will gradually increase the amount that I serve and reduce the portion the moment I notice her adjustment. Yesterday was her third day with me and she hate 4 times and 5 times the previous day.

Even with the 4 or 5 times meal, she's not taking enough as I would love her to but she's definitely better compared to her 1st day in the house when she hasn't been placed on multivitamins.
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Countrykvng(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2020
michelism:
There was a drama in the house yesterday night. When Roxy got to the house on her first day(Saturday), I made sure she had the liberty to move around the house (she played around and slept anywhere she felt like). At night, I brought her into the room to sleep, we were in the bed while she slept on the floor (my reason for this was to give her the feel of being part of the family). Around 2am, she woke and made her way up to the bed. Since then, I couldn't sleep throughout the night.
lol, your sleepness night will continue for days..that was the same thing my dog did too, she kept licking my face at night i could'nt sleep at night, cus then i wasn't used to the licks and stuffs..but then you will get used to it if you aren't!!
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by sixsgod: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2020
michelism:

How old is your pup and what food do you feed? If you have the time or you have someone at home most times like me, try to portion the food to 4 or 5 times in a day. The kind of training I'm giving Roxy is to always make sure she finishes her food at every meal time(this means she eats more and no wastage). As times goes by, I will definitely reduce the times of her meal but this is the best her appetite requires for now. I will gradually increase the amount that I serve and reduce the portion the moment I notice her adjustment. Yesterday was her third day with me and she hate 4 times and 5 times the previous day.

Even with the 4 or 5 times meal, she's not taking enough as I would love her to but she's definitely better compared to her 1st day in the house when she hasn't been placed on multivitamins.
she was 8 weeks when I brought her home, now she's 9 weeks, I stay home now because of the Corona virus, so I've actually had time to look after her, I feed her noodles and fish or egg, I haven't been able to get meat supply for her then I feed her dry food, I got bingo because I couldn't get the one I was looking for, tho it makes her poop watery I wouldn't be getting that again, but I have a hard time poop training her tho how did you do it? This is how she looks currently

Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Countrykvng:

lol, your sleepness night will continue for days..that was the same thing my dog did too, she kept licking my face at night i could'nt sleep at night, cus then i wasn't used to the licks and stuffs..but then you will get used to it if you aren't!!

Trust me, that ain't happening with me. I need good rest after a long day at work. So, I put her in the living room and shut the sliding door, then the ringtone started blazing the whole area. She cried for a long period, then slept. She woke me the next morning with her knocks. I just started laughing!

The next day I repeated the same thing, this time, her crying session was reduced. And yesterday, she wasn't ready to lose any tears (she already accepted her faith). grin
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by michelism(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
sixsgod:
she was 8 weeks when I brought her home, now she's 9 weeks, I stay home now because of the Corona virus, so I've actually had time to look after her, I feed her noodles and fish or egg, I haven't been able to get meat supply for her then I feed her dry food, I got bingo because I couldn't get the one I was looking for, tho it makes her poop watery I wouldn't be getting that again, but I have a hard time poop training her tho how did you do it? This is how she looks currently

Good looking pup!
I've heard rumors of Bingo having fake in the market, so it's better to stay clear. Your pup is looking good for her age too(good work). I actually haven't started poop training for now because she was 7weeks old yesterday, and my plan was to create time during her 8th week for that(I think might have to start this weekend if I'm around from Friday).
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by NNAMDIII(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
CrazyCrane:

use chrome
chrome is best for nairaland, can't even seeing myself using opera
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by Gabrokpara001(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
sixsgod:

You dogs poop was watery not because you used Bingo but because you changed brand its absolutely normal even if it was royal canin or any other brand you got same ll happen...bingo is actually a good dog food but its suffering from the fact that its locally made here in Nigeria so people don't value it even when it has very high protein and fat contents....when i started feeding my pup bingo his stool was watery but now it's solid again and unlike before that he poos frequently now he poos less often showing good sign of metabolism and nutrient content in bingo.

DISCLAIMER
I am not a bingo dog food agent,bingo didn't pay me ,but i actually feel like i should say something because there exist lots of rumors about the feed
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by sixsgod: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
michelism:

Good looking pup!
I've heard rumors of Bingo having fake in the market, so it's better to stay clear. Your pup is looking good for her age too(good work). I actually haven't started poop training for now because she was 7weeks old yesterday, and my plan was to create time during her 8th week for that(I think might have to start this weekend if I'm around from Friday).
yes after this I'm deffo not getting it again, ohh, I hope you have a better luck than me at poop training, tho it's seems these few days she knows not to do it in the house, but she still pee a lot in the house tho grin your pup growth rate would surprise you, they grow up real fast lol
Re: Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). by sixsgod: 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

You dogs poop was watery not because you used Bingo but because you changed brand its absolutely normal even if it was royal canin or any other brand you got same ll happen...bingo is actually a good dog food but its suffering from the fact that its locally made here in Nigeria so people don't value it even when it has very high protein and fat contents....when i started feeding my pup bingo his stool was watery but now it's solid again and unlike before that he poos frequently now he poos less often showing good sign of metabolism and nutrient content in bingo.

DISCLAIMER
I am not a bingo dog food agent,bingo didn't pay me ,but i actually feel like i should say something because there exist lots of rumors about the feed
ohhh, I actually thought it was bingo that caused it cos that's what a lot of people said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My New Dog / Tibetan Mastiff Pups For Sale / Female Bull Mastiff Puppy Needs To Leave My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.