Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (46884 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by incogni2o: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
just 2 million.

na when you resign finish you go know how small 2 million be.

have nothing less than 10m.

sorry, nothing less than 15m b4 you leave oh.

a word is enough for the wise.

how old are you that you can't withstand the temporary stress, discomfort and hustle.

You can handle it .

save now to enjoy later.

moreso, you pension also keeps building.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Whatever Business you intend doing, carry out proper research and analysis because Business isn't so easy either but then, we all are gifted and get lucky uniquely
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
N2m is nothing for now.......before you even get an office for your business sef.....500k don go.....keep your and live close to your office for now

4 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Kobicove(m): 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Better not make a hasty decision... #2 million is nothing especially if you want to start a business that will generate enough revenue to maintains you current standard of living!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by paito: 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Only if the village people are behind you that you will resign your current job.everybody runs to you because of money

5 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by mauchiz: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Don't go into business now, get an apartment near your office.

Now is not the best time to start a business.
Please take your job seriously, calm down, everything will be alright.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by obataokenwa(m): 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

I really need an advice. I currently work with one of the Nigerian banks. My monthly take home is about 450k and quite good. My major problem right now is that I have just been transferred from a Branch at one end of Lagos to another end of Lagos. All efforts to convince my boss to deploy me to a closer branch has proved abortive.

Going to work daily right now is a very difficult especially during this raining season and covid 19th period. I spend roughly 3-4 hours on the road when going to work and back home.

I am currently raising my kids on my own right now and dont know how I would manage when school resumes. Before now I drop them off on my way to work in the morning and my friend picks them up to her house in the afternoon till I get back.

I currently have a savings of 2million and would love to start a biz( I dont know what kind) as am comptemplating resigning and start a biz instead so that I can have time for my kids and not die due to stress

Please i really need advice for you all.
Two million too small to take the risk
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by reaky(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Egungu be careful o
2mil no go anywhere o

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by gerrisson(m): 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Move closer to work.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by kitsall123: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
Dont do it pls so you wont be frustrated.

This is not the best of times and it will end in regret as 450k is a lot of money currently.

Its better you get a relative with a help to take care of the kids.

Even if it means putting both on a good salary.
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by ElasticStone(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

I really need an advice. I currently work with one of the Nigerian banks. My monthly take home is about 450k and quite good. My major problem right now is that I have just been transferred from a Branch at one end of Lagos to another end of Lagos. All efforts to convince my boss to deploy me to a closer branch has proved abortive.

Going to work daily right now is a very difficult especially during this raining season and covid 19th period. I spend roughly 3-4 hours on the road when going to work and back home.

I am currently raising my kids on my own right now and dont know how I would manage when school resumes. Before now I drop them off on my way to work in the morning and my friend picks them up to her house in the afternoon till I get back.

I currently have a savings of 2million and would love to start a biz( I dont know what kind) as am comptemplating resigning and start a biz instead so that I can have time for my kids and not die due to stress

Your village people strong o
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by DexterousOne(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

I'm begging you
Pls and pls

Do not resign

I repeat

Do not resign.

If I were you
I will try my utmost to manage the job for year or two
While trying to save as much as I can

And using the same time to understudy a potential business I may want to venture into after the one year/ 18 months/ 2 years is up.

While you are doing this
There are many upsides

One
Within that time frame, circumstances may change
And you get a favourable branch

Two
You are taking time to understudy a business you may venture into if at the end of the one year/two years things are nor favourably positioned for you

Three
You also have the chance to save money for the busines s as you are working.

Please please and please

Do not resign
I repeat
Do not resign

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

You earn 450k monthly but have only 2m savings and want to do business with that peanut?

If you are interested in business, save more money by continuing with your job. Move to a house closer to your new workplace and register your kids in another school. Simple.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Oselu28(f): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
To be honest most business are not doing well as they claim. Income is always equal to expenditure in most cases.

If you earn over 400k,why not try to save more start a business why you're still working when you're 100% sure of your business,you can quit your current job

I know what it means to be on d road for up to 3-4hours,try to make up for d time you're not with your kids and also tell them why you're always away from them. Trust me they will understand and love you more.

But then it your decision to make

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Geophilip: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
abeg someone should come to my aid, I need a job, left my state of residence and came to Lagos for and interview... which I'm yet to hear from them and lockdown had contributed negatively...
please anyone with a job in Lagos should please help me.
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Waist: 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
The majority have said it, keep your job. 2million, is not that much to fall back on.
You don't even have any good plan yet, you see. You have a lot of work to do. I understand your pain. But you must first plan properly before resigning, because the business atmosphere is not that encouraging right now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by DexterousOne(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
incogni2o:
just 2 million.

na when you resign finish you go know how small 2 million be.

have nothing less than 10m.

sorry, nothing less than 15m b4 you leave oh.

a word is enough for the wise.

how old are you that you can't withstand the temporary stress, discomfort and hustle.

You can handle it .

save now to enjoy later.

moreso, you pension also keeps building.

Well said

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by KingRex1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
kerry57:
Nigga resign and dont do any business. Just enjoy the money wey u don make thus far. Tomorrow will take care of it self jerri.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by DenreleDave(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

Where your house dey? I go dey help u with ur pikin and u go dey pay me......

Na ur house I go sleep and chop ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by bizhop01: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Today 2 million naira is too small, you better stay put and make more money before contemplating

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Macon1212: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

Go and get a house maid to help you cater for your children pay her well like 40k and you won't regret it. Another thing is to find accommodation near your new office and change your children school. Don't resign now be saving and set up a business while you are still at work l know you are busy how about weekend? When the business is establish you can resign. A bird in hand is better than 10 in the bush

4 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by telemployer: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Don't leave your job to start a business , Start a Business and leave your job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by jaxxy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

Never leave a good job for an untested business idea. Even people who had a business already running while working and then resigning to fall back on it alone, experience a lot of challenges cos u now depend on only that source of income talkless of an untested one.

If u want to resign u must plan it and have money for a business and also a savings kept apart for daily runs and Emergencies. U can’t put all ur funds into an untested or new biz idea unless Ure partnering with sm1 already grounded in that business idea. So start the biz now and have a idea of the income it generates over time and how stable b4 u leave.

As for the bank work when u resign u can always get another with better conditions in due time. Banks give preference to experienced bankers.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by maestroferddi: 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Keep your job dude...
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by bigx(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
The stress of making a business work is worse than the stress of commuting to work you're talking about.

Rent another house closer to work and transfer the kids to a school in that vicinity.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by OgwuEgo: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Stay on your job, 2 million is not a lot of money to hope on.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by ezep(m): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

Advice: since you are biz inclined, plan ur exit strategy properly .. 2 milion is not really much for you to start with.

Seek help e.g like a nanny for ur kids in the meantime

Also remember biz takes time to mature.

Knowing the sought of biz u want to do is necessary before u move over

4 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Graxie(f): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
How old are your kids? Leaving children with strangers this days can be dangerous. Be sure your health and kids welfare comes first before career.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Geophilip:
abeg someone should come to my aid, I need a job, left my state of residence and came to Lagos for and interview... which I'm yet to hear from them and lockdown had contributed negatively...
please anyone with a job in Lagos should please help me.
If you can be bathing my Rottweilers once in a week. I can pay you 30k monthly till you find a better paying job.
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by enshi(m): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

You need to stay at your current job my lady.
Why are you.. I have a good advise but can't prover it.. This is because its going to make more sense if I know know why you are raising the kids alone
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by vioment: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
No time is too late.

Remember how you want to quit to have time for yourself, so will be the people you plan to hire/entrust with your future business. Meaning, be ready to work even more than before or become a work history story guy to your new jobless friends.

Don't be deterred but plan and act.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by djbussy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
No resign u hear. Wait make Dem sack u. Law or no law , retrenchment sure for most jobs due to covid 19. U better go start business with those dead-body money way u theif for bank start better business from house . If u like wait make hunger virus near u .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / Babs Omotowa: The Public School Teacher Who Became CEO Of NLNG / Ofodile Nkemdilim, The Only Female Air Force Team That Designed Tsaigumi UAV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.