Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:23 PM

Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy (24372 Views)

Executive Order 10: Buhari Bows To Governors’ Pressure / COVID-19 Not A Joke - Buhari To Governors / Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2020
esivue007:
Pls my people,have been hearing some rumour or may I say some unbelievable news have been buzzing round my ears dat this man(tinubu) is silently nurturing his ambition to become Nigeria president come 2023,how true is this pls?
It's true.He dare not win.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by ThatFairGuy: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2020
AdaGod1:
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Okay. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Blackmann001: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2020
myboy2111:
Tinubu is a Democrat. He will never impose people without them going through the primaries.

Direct Primary is what is being used in advanced democracy like US.

A sitting President in US, still go through Primaries.

If you are bold enough and refused to inaugurate elected 14 members of the the State House of Assembly,then you should also be bold enough to face the members of your party for Primary.

At least , it is not only you contesting.

Bro say only wot you know.....ok..currently,who is contesting against trump as republican in the primary...?

Who contested against Obama in his second term as a Democrat in the primary..?

Primaries are very good to check bad leaders halfway... But I dnt take tinubu serious.. Cuz he is anti democratic.... Only the gullible he can deceive.......

Plz check who pushed for state INEC, ND joint state and LG allocation... And creation of illgal local government.... He is very democratic wen he faces the press... But killer of democracy with his actions..... Two faced man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Coronavirus1: 8:54am On Jun 01, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Edo is not Lagos
Yes o Edo is not Lagos but the game is up ,there Is no way now for obaseki he is gone.
He is my best governor but because of greedy politicians they will not allow the good man to rule. Now Agbero tugs politician is about to take over
God bless Edo state God bless governor Obaseki
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by kareemkamil(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2020
E be like say Obaseki don enter wahala now ooooo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by gr8child(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
Apparently this was a physical meeting held at the State House in Lagos. See how political matters have made these guys jettison social distancing rules when the meeting could have been held through video conference.
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Dpharisee: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2020
Na wa for this Tinubu newspaper, even on statements allegedly made by Tinubu himself, they are still using a 'Source' told us that Tinubu said that primaries is important angry

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Myself2(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Hmmmmmm what's that terrible smell on this thread ?

I wonder if it's the rotten hypocritical words that leaked out of Th!efnubu's mouth or could it be his rotten teeth or indeed the pungent mouth odour from the mouths of his arselickers in page 1 of this thread ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by esivue007(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2020
comshots:
It's true.He dare not win.
Like seriously?
Nigeria is definitely in bad hands.
We need large room for capable hands.
Ohh God!!!
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Urchman200: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2020
Can someone tell this thief to rest with political talk for a minute.
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by ojuu4u(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2020
But they say Benin no be Lagos now

..........that shaibu na grassroot politician

........that oba of Benin will instruct who to vote and who not to vote

.........that oshiomole don lost ground in Edo

Bunch of political neophyte cum blindness.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Cyberterror: 9:06am On Jun 01, 2020
Obaseki should start packing up. His matter has been settled

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by MyMouth(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2020
How were they able to beat the inter-state travel restrictions? undecided I hope they get quarrentined when they return to their respective state!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by AdaGod1(f): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Okay. Thanks
my nigga grin
flex your nairaland jare wink
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by doubleportion: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2020
Never knew he could be interested in re-election with all his gra gra? Had it be he succeeded in outst Osho Baba he would had been forming king Kong by now.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by ThatFairGuy: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2020
AdaGod1:
my nigga grin flex your nairaland jare wink
I know sey nah my mouth you dey find cheesy
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nomekemeke: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Is there still interstate lockdown? If yes, how do they get to Lagos for a political meeting? Hypocrists
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by romenna: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2020
e be like say dem don settle Obaseki matter finish grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2020
Blackmann001:

Bro say only wot you know.....ok..currently,who is contesting against trump as republican in the primary...?

Who contested against Obama in his second term as a Democrat in the primary..?

Primaries are very good to check bad leaders halfway... But I dnt take tinubu serious.. Cuz he is anti democratic.... Only the gullible he can deceive.......

Plz check who pushed for state INEC, ND joint state and LG allocation... And creation of illgal local government.... He is very democratic wen he faces the press... But killer of democracy with his actions..... Two faced man!

At least, you are holding phone with data...Google is your friend

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_California_Republican_primary

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Worldbest281: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2020
Nothing to say again once asiwaju has spoken

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Magicians: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2020
You are the daft n foolish one if you have not seen every politician Ipob Igbo support in APC crumble like fools. Saraki Atiku Ambode are both a few.
vicdom:

You seriously need be tamed in this forum. What's the correlation between the aforegoing topic of discourse and IPOB?? You always go about constituting nuisance with your morbid and tribalistic commeñts hither tither and ultimately derailing the topic. If you are too daft and nitwitted to conceive reasonable disposition and comment, please, take the exit and allow people of sane minds to have the floor. Stop disgracing your generation in the name of comments. I wonder what the moderators are waiting for all these while you have been persistently and consistently violating the laws of this forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Magicians: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2020
funmike83:
Tinubu will talk on this one . other issues in the nation are not his concern . this guys are only there for what they will get and unfortunately our youths are solidly behind them
How many issue as your bigoted n forgotten father talked about in Nigeria's since 1960 ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by oshorstan(f): 10:56am On Jun 01, 2020
If I was to be Obaseki, I will do the following. Especially if the national leadership of the apc is supporting Adams to create political tension in Edo.

1. I will make sure apc loses the election
2. I will decamp to PDP, and make Edo a PDP state overnight
3. I will contest under PDP, and use my Incumbent power to resist Apc Federal might in the election. I will postpone the election indefinitely because of insecurities and Covid 19 wahala
4. I will destroy apc structure in Edo state & make sure the state is PDP
5. No matter what happens, I have nothing to lose. no matter what happens, no wahala. I will play dirty, since that is what Adams want. I cannot be a slave forever. everyone yearns for freedom. Enough is Enough

NB
This doesn't represent my true intents and Personality. But acting as if I was Governor Obaseki.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Ola2plenty: 10:58am On Jun 01, 2020
So governors can attend political meetings during this interstate lockdown but ordinary citizens can't travel for their business to survive. Some animals are equal but some are more equal than others
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by HRMK: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2020
IS IT NOW THAT OBASEKI KNOWS THAT OSHIOMOLE IS A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH?LET HIM ASK AMBODE,WHO ALSO SOUGHT HELP FROM THE PRESIDENCY!THE TRUTH IS:THE PARTY LOSES MORE IF THE DIRECT PRIMARIES IS NOT ADOPTED!MANY MEMBERS WILL CROSS CARPET!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2020
oshorstan:
If I was to be Obaseki, I will do the following. Especially if the national leadership of the apc is supporting Adams to create political tension in Edo.

3. I will contest under PDP, and use my Incumbent power to resist Apc Federal might in the election. I will postpone the election indefinitely because of insecurities and Covid 19 wahala
5. No matter what happens, I have nothing to lose. no matter what happens, no wahala. I will play dirty, since that is what Adams want. I cannot be a slave forever. everyone yearns for freedom. Enough is Enough

NB
This doesn't represent my true intents and Personality. But acting as if I was Governor Obaseki.

Read what you post ...hope you are educated enough ?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by jaxxy(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2020
myboy2111:
Tinubu is a Democrat. He will never impose people without them going through the primaries.

Direct Primary is what is being used in advanced democracy like US.

A sitting President in US, still go through Primaries.

If you are bold enough and refused to inaugurate elected 14 members of the the State House of Assembly,then you should also be bold enough to face the members of your party for Primary.

At least , it is not only you contesting.

Which primaries did Buhari, Trump or Obama face as incumbents in their parties?

They are only using it to settle political scores and has nothing to do with them being democratic. I’m talking about in Nigeria.

Let’s not keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2020
handie:
Unless APC want to gift Edo to PDP on a platter, the only viable option is the direct primaries option. There are two factions. If there's to be indirect elections, which faction will present the delegates? Obviously, each faction will present their own delegates and candidate which will render the entire exercise a nullity. On direct primaries we stand. Obaseki should come and test his popularity within his party. What is he afraid of sef?
Stop sniffing drugs.
Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2020
vicdom:

You seriously need be tamed in this forum. What's the correlation between the aforegoing topic of discourse and IPOB?? You always go about constituting nuisance with your morbid and tribalistic commeñts hither tither and ultimately derailing the topic. If you are too daft and nitwitted to conceive reasonable disposition and comment, please, take the exit and allow people of sane minds to have the floor. Stop disgracing your generation in the name of comments. I wonder what the moderators are waiting for all these while you have been persistently and consistently violating the laws of this forum.
He said nothing but absolute truth. Ask athifchukwu et al. They're serial failure cos of the support of ipob

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by jaxxy(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2020
oshorstan:

NB

Whichever case this is a final game changing strategy for obaseki if the party fails him I hope they don’t. If he executes this hes winning definitely.

myboy2111:

Read what you post ...hope you are educated enough ?

Besides postponing the elections which is even not impossible whatelse isn’t doable or legal for an incumbent governor in what he has said?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by oyeb15: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2020
Never spare your enemy when you have d chance to crush him. This is their chance cos If Obaseki wins 2nd term, he will still take revenge on Oshiomole and Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Governors: Primaries Crucial To Democracy by seanbabz: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
@Drmuzungu must make that kind of remark about Tinubu,because it's obvious you hate him,and You ain't better,
Because of the people who even complain about this politicians are not better,some can't even rule there family successfully.
My advice to you is to be fair in your reaction/comment,
Think before stating jargon
Stop shelling out blames when re not better..

Free and fair primaries is the right thing,and Tinubu said that Kudos to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NURTW Queries MC Oluomo For Insubordination, Anti-Union Activities / Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.