Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! (31477 Views)

Three Nigerian Men Nabbed In Thailand For Allegedly Running Romance Scam / Nigerian Men Arrested In Ghana With Drugs Concealed In Stockfish / Nigerian Men Beat White Racist In South Africa (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:
@Ariza, I did not see you when I created this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3194624/child-abuse-parental-support

I did not see your boys too. I

I spoke on sexual abuse for all children, irrespective of sex. You think you speak on sexual abuse more than I do? You think I just decided to insult men for nothing?

Post your opinions on that thread too.

Apparently, if someone does not specifically insult men on Nairaland, we will not see you people on the thread.
Jesus! That was in 2016 , Biko check when this account was registered nah grin grin

Moreover that thread didn't go far grin
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:

Take It to the PMs

Make sure they are in the same state

Delicate topics are better discussed in person, than on phone.

Good Luck to both of you
The bolded will be their decision to make. Sometimes some people prefer to discuss on phones.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ariza:
Jesus! That was in 2016 , Biko check when this account was registered nah grin grin

Moreover that thread didn't go far grin

EXACTLY

It didn't go far.

Why did it not go far?

Because it was gender neutral. If you start any thread on Nairaland, that is neither condemning men or women, it will rarely go far, because this site enjoys gender wars.

If I started a rape thread and I was not calling out a particular gender, I know many people that posted here, that would have ignored the thread.

The realities of 2016 abound now. But two women have died over the last weekend and two raped mercilessly, we will discuss the rape of men on another day, but we should not use a platform to discuss the injustices women face, to promote the injustices men face. It is unfair. There is a time and place for everything.

I just wanted you to understand, that I am not a misandrist and I do not blindly support women. I just choose the battles, depending on the cards I am presented.

Modified:

You just registered last year, no wonder you don't understand the way the men on this site.
operate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ariza:
The bolded will be their decision to make. Sometimes some people prefer to discuss on phones.

True.

I sometimes assume people are like me, and prefer the face to face thing
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:

See how useful my thread was to you.

If you had opened something like this to discuss your issues, maybe you could have helped more like you, but Capslock thinks this thread will have no impact.

Even if it is one person, it is an impact. We must not all fight on the streets, some fights must be done with words on this internet.

I have been on this site for 10 years, and I know how many people have told me they were positively impacted by my words. So, when I say things here, I know I am helping someone out there, and that is a very great feeling.

Cc: Ari za
All I can do right now is to smile. Like really smile, you were "truly " helpful. grin grin grin grin

Anyhow sha, we are good. It's just a thread. See you on another thread soon tongue
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think we all should read this from beginning to the end and come together to proffer solution to this menace in our society.

https://www.nairaland.com/2534228/neglect-male-child-rape-molestation#37074437

Rape is bad irrespective of the victim's gender
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ariza:
Alright I will speak to one now... He's a Man, I hope you are comfortable with that?

Any is welcome.....
Thank you...
I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:

See how useful my thread was to you.

If you had opened something like this to discuss your issues, maybe you could have helped more like you, but Capslock thinks this thread will have no impact.

Even if it is one person, it is an impact. We must not all fight on the streets, some fights must be done with words on this internet.

I have been on this site for 10 years, and I know how many people have told me they were positively impacted by my words. So, when I say things here, I know I am helping someone out there, and that is a very great feeling.

Cc: Ariza

I was wanting to open one.....

But I have a kind off person I am....
I will be glad if you help me open a thread about it.......
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
sassysure:
I think we all should read this from beginning to the end and come together to proffer solution to this menace in our society.

Rape is bad irrespective of the victim's gender

Cc Ariza

I want you to take note of the comments on that thread and the people making light of it

I want you to take note of who said what, and if any woman tried to twist the narrative and make it about women.

Look At the chaos my thread has become, because men are shouting "Not all men", and compare it to what went down on a thread men were allowed to vent. Were there interruptions?

When you spend time on NL, you will understand why I was so offended by what you, and some other guys did here.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:

EXACTLY

It didn't go far.

Why did it not go far?

Because it was gender neutral. If you start any thread on Nairaland, that is neither condemning men or women, it will rarely go far, because this site enjoys gender wars.

If I started a rape thread and I was not calling out a particular gender, I know many people that posted here, that would have ignored the thread.

The realities of 2016 abound now. But two women have died over the last weekend and two raped mercilessly, we will discuss the rape of men on another day, but we should not use a platform to discuss the injustices women face, to promote the injustices men face. It is unfair. There is a time and place for everything.

I just wanted you to understand, that I am not a misandrist and I do not blindly support women. I just choose the battles, depending on the cards I am presented.
Honestly,it wasn't my intention to turn this to a "Male rape "thing, I understand your point but I was just tired of reading threads over threads with no one bringing solutions. And when I introduced male Rape it was a rebuttal to a demand by someone asking people not to mention it. Like how can you ignore something that's part of the whole situation. Several opposing opinions made me stand on my point and see how some normalize it, irked me. No doubt about that.

My intention was to encourage people especially women seek solutions and not just online talks that ends with the day. I wish we can get to the Root and solve it problem and not dance around it like we always do. And yes I was called Apologist for it but I understand they were emotions talking. We all want the same thing, I am just tired of talks and nothing done.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Xavfra:

I was wanting to open one.....

But I have a kind off person I am....
I will be glad if you help me open a thread about it.......

This is a thread opened 5 years ago on male molestation

You can read through it, for comrades. When you are done, you can tag me once again to create a thread, if necessary

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think we should start by properly educating our children about sex education.
Fathers, please be more active in this. Don't leave all these training to your wives.
Also always listen to your kids body language, make them your friends so they can open up. Beating and shouting scares them. Let them be free around you to tell you what is happening in their lives.

Most importantly, train your kids to be respectful of the opposite sex by example.

I'm hinting more on men here when it comes to child training cos if men are involved and all the way in,no need for house maids. Male children get molested a lot by aunties, house girls and female friends of the families.
The problem is that there is no way to tell this actually happened. E.g., u can take your daughter to the Dr to check on her but your boy, no way. An erect penis is not an invitation to sex.

Even though we may not be there when it happened, we can still get to know if we are the observant and listening type.

I never knew a man can be molested till I entered the university and believe me, the guy who told us what just happened to him got all of us laughing real hard.

Blaming game don't solve anything rather, let's look for ways to curb this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
safarigirl:

This is a thread opened 5 years ago on male molestation

You can read through it, for comrades. When you are done, you can tag me once again to create a thread, if necessary

Okay...
Thanks...I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Okay...
Thanks...I appreciate

You're Welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Karleb(m): 5:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Sometime I wonder if some of you actually have men in your lives.

Let's talk about rape.

There's nothing like calling men to order or typing rape into male or female's.

Rape is rape!
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by safarigirl(f): 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Karleb:
Sometime I wonder if some of you actually have men in your lives.

Let's talk about rape.

There's nothing like calling men to order or typing rape into male or female's.

Rape is rape!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Oremeyii(f): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Been reading through this all afternoon *sighs*

For those saying it should be treated from the roots, the roots should be from training the nation, from every child as he/she is born, teaching them about their "sexuality" and raising them in such a way they'll be comfortable to talk to their parents or an appropriate person even if they're threatened. Teaching them to have respect and value for every person, to be humane.
In this way, you've solved the problem from the ground level. There's also the need for the government to do their part by putting strict laws in place which will make perverse people think twice before perpetrating such acts.

Someone said women should have preventive measures too, I agree and I've been taught to be careful but by carrying a pepper spray or any self defense item, you do know such a person will always have it in mind that she could be raped, always looking behind her back for that figure, waiting in the dark like a predator. As long as she carries it, her mind is troubled that she could be raped, she doesn't have exact peace of mind. Even if she knows she might be able to defend herself, I don't think I would want to live like that, always looking over my shoulder. It could also cause a certain distrust for the opposite sex.

Let's create a future where girls don't have to be distrustful of guys, where she won't be scared if she enters a bus full of guys.
Where boys don't always have to be strong, teach them that they can and should cry. They don't always have to maintain that facade of being macho. Where they can run to their parents if that Aunty, or Uncle touches them where they don't want to be touched.
Where they can talk to their parents freely about issues on their mind without being rebuked or worse, punished.

There'll always be perverse people in the world, pedophiles and the likes, looking for their next victim. You don't know who it could be, it could be the dirty looking Area boy and it could very well be your clean looking neighbour or even religious leader.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by LINTUNE(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
hmm...i like the fact that ur post is void of insult to the male specie..to be frank, u are right , we accept that all men are potential rapist..hope u are happy now,hopr u can sleep well now..alright ..good for u..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by LINTUNE(m): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
I've reported her account and her rudeness to the mods.
She will be banned shortly.
Nairaland isn't a forum for frustrated feminists
thank u bro..ill advise u just ignore them..bunch of hypocrites, i out it to u that that same gal will still Bleep her bf this night..
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by wisdomiskey(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ariza:
It is just so draining trying to reason with you lots! See the possible cause and fix it but No you will rather play the victim card and wail online. Until you all stand against rape across all genders you may never achieve a sane society, that's the bitter reality. Look at India, the number of rape cases has been contained, though they have so many of it than Nigerians. The Women stood up and fought against it! They protest and have Women communities that handle Rapists.They either beat up rapists caught themselves or hand them over to the police with close follow. But Nigerian women will rather hide behind keypads and rant! Take action! Stop ranting!

Same Nigerian women that will concede with their husbands to cover Rape cases, they will rather shut their mouths up than rise to fight,The only place their voices are heard is on the internet where they aren't known

Almost all Nigerian Women have been raped? Lol Interesting! Which statistics did you use to arrive at that?

Madam, to me your reasoning is far beyond disgusting! You are illogical and this will be my first any only response to you on this.

LMAO!

Be careful before Mstick starts wishing death on your child like she usually does when a fellow woman disagrees with her.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
wisdomiskey:

LMAO!

Be careful before Ms tick starts wishing death on your child like she usually does when a fellow woman disagrees with her.
Lol... I wonder why some act that way here. Must we agree on everything?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by LedRock: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
sassysure:
I think we should start by properly educating our children about sex education.
Fathers, please be more active in this. Don't leave all these training to your wives.
Also always listen to your kids body language, make them your friends so they can open up. Beating and shouting scares them. Let them be free around you to tell you what is happening in their lives.

Most importantly, train your kids to be respectful of the opposite sex by example.

I'm hinting more on men here when it comes to child training cos if men are involved and all the way in,no need for house maids. Male children get molested a lot by aunties, house girls and female friends of the families.
The problem is that there is no way to tell this actually happened. E.g., u can take your daughter to the Dr to check on her but your boy, no way. An erect penis is not an invitation to sex.

Even though we may not be there when it happened, we can still get to know if we are the observant and listening type.

I never knew a man can be molested till I entered the university and believe me, the guy who told us what just happened to him got all of us laughing real hard.

Blaming game don't solve anything rather, let's look for ways to curb this.

Good points, thank God you were logical and not emotional like others here.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by LedRock: 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
LINTUNE:
hmm...i like the fact that ur post is void of insult to the male specie..to be frank, u are right , we accept that all men are potential rapist..hope u are happy now,hopr u can sleep well now..alright ..good for u..
Abeg wetin u talk na im fit dem, no need to argue with them.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Chidexter(m): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
The earlier you women blast raping of both gender the better.
You can't seat there and feign ignorance about the plight of males as well.

If you don't support evil, go all out and protest against everything evil, not by ignoring that which you think is lesser evil.

Say no to rape of all Gender

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by LINTUNE(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2020
LedRock:
Abeg wetin u talk na im fit dem, no need to argue with them.
yes na..make them believe wetin them wan believe..e no go affect my life in anyway
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Mstick: 11:30am On Jun 03, 2020
Seun Dominique lalasticlala mynd44

Wisdomiskey keeps trolling me with the death of a child, seems this clown has nothing better to say since according to him it's karma.

Seun looks like you and your mods are enjoying this show because as it stands you let it happen over and over again.

Mynd44 this isn't the first time I am laying this complaint but it would be the last because I am about to take things to another level.

Wisdomiskey since you're bold enough to talk about death let's play.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Mstick: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
Madam you would've mentioned me with your chest then, this bloody clown said I wished death upon another woman's child and you as wise and sensible as you claim to be believed that right.

This shows how hypocritical you lots are when you want to push a certain agenda. It's only good to hear from both sides when it suits the narrative.

Wisdomiskey for the part month you've kept on talking about dead child and how it's my karma even going as far as accusing me of wishing death on another woman's child just to gain likes and support. Dear clown I hope you know karma goes both ways.

Ariza:
Lol... I wonder why some act that way here. Must we agree on everything?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by StubbornGENIUS: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2020
I want to confirm something.Get Ready!!!
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Khaytunechi: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Generalnomercy:

You can as well go to an uncompleted building in your neighborhood to study by midnight today, come back tommorow and blame men.

If a man decides to go read in an uncompleted building in his neighborhood, will he get raped?
Or, what are the chances of him getting raped, compared to that of a lady?

This is what they are trying to tell you, stop being blind to this fundamental, glaring imbalance.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Chidexter(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Khaytunechi:

If a man decides to go read in an uncompleted building in his neighborhood, will he get raped?
Or, what are the chances of him getting raped, compared to that of a lady?

This is what they are trying to tell you, stop being blind to this fundamental, glaring imbalance.

Using your logic
If a man goes out to steal and is caught what is done to him? Compare that to a female and see the fundamental, glaring imbalance. No be for our eye news of woman wey go steal for shop twice yet she wasn't killed. Most times women get preferential treatment for everything.

When the actor of pirates of the Caribbean was complaining bout domestic violence no one believed him till his wife dealt with him seriously and he was subsequently rushed to the hospital.

CCTV footage gve her away, I'm pretty sure she also raped him aswell cos no man would align with an opposing devillish female and agree sex without consent.

Condemn everything about rape not just making it a one sided affair.
Because malaria kills more than Lassa fever doesn't make Lassa all d less important

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Generalnomercy: 12:16am On Jun 04, 2020
Chinwe4real:

You're stupid. Very stupid. There is no justification for rape. What about girls that were raped in the safety of their homes?

You're simply a rape apologists that has no sense of empathy

Receive sense.

thank you very much.

Are you done? call me more names.

Aturu Awusa.
Re: Nigerian Men, Call Yourselves To Order! by Chinwe4real(f): 2:07am On Jun 04, 2020
Generalnomercy:

thank you very much.

Are you done? call me more names.

Aturu Awusa.

Onye nzuzu. Anụ ọhịa. Efulefu. Onye iberibe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wife In Aba Stabs Husband To Death With Scissors (Photos) / Lieutenant A. Falana, Kidnapped Soldier Escapes In Kaduna / Dismissed DSS Official Nabbed With Sixteen Bags Of Weed In Enugu. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.