Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) (86314 Views)

Mile 12 Boils, Hoodlums Vandalise BRT Buses, Loot Shops / Hoodlums Vandalise 200 Vehicles During Lagos Clash - Pictures / Many Nigerians Arrested, Their Cars Damaged During An Immigration Raid In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hardbody: 1:31am On Jun 02, 2020
kikero:

Actually, the Democrats are not behind this

Exactly the same riots happened under Obama, and have happened in one way or the other for decades.

The issue is this. Black people in the US have been at the mercy of the racist system for a long time. Now, I won't deny things have improved...it used to be far worse (an older relative of mine once turned down an opportunity to study in the US back in the day because of the horror tales he heard from senior colleagues).

The problem is, for many years, black people could be shot by the police, shot even by ordinary citizens (yes, it happened)...and nothing was done. And these things add up and make people angry.

An example. In the late 1940's, a black young man, who had fought with distinction in World War 2, was shot dead , without provocation, by a white policeman. His younger brother, for his own safety, had to be moved to another part of the USA because the night they brought his elder bro's corpse home, an older relative took one look at the guy's face, and saw the face of a very very angry young man, who if care was not taken, would have exacted revenge...which would have led to the whole black community suffering severe reprecusions. A few days later the man was sent to relatives in California (where he thrived well by the way...but that's another story)

The thing is, over and over again, even in these improved times, black males are more likley to be failed by the system. Before this issue with George....there was a case where a white woman called the police on a black man and lied that he was threatening her. IF htere hadn't been recording that black man could have ended up being shot.

What you are seeing is anger that has built up over generations. It is not easy to go away. And yes, it is very self destructive.(such violence drives out investment and jobs from black areas). But it is understandable. And for once, it isn't something that can be fixed quickly by any president...Trump or anyone else.(It happened several times under Obama.). You cannot fix anger that is generations worth.

You said it all.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hardbody: 1:41am On Jun 02, 2020
abbey621:

My friend keep quiet, are you saying white people don't face discrimination also? We have more white people on welfare than blacks and a rich nigga like Jayz will command respect 90% of places he visits. A successful black professor, doctor or professional in America has less chance of being racially discriminated than a drug seller, a gangsta or hoodrat. Police brutality is one thing, a white woman like Karen calling cops on blacks is one thing but to paint it all under one brush and say the system is unfair to blacks alone is pure bullshit! Life ain't fair, people are going to be treated unjustly at some point but if you always look at yourself as a victim then that's what you'll be!

To slam you just dey hungry me.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by nikdam: 2:13am On Jun 02, 2020
iamoyindamola:
This is getting worse
The racist Trump himself isn't helping the matter. His speech a moment ago is a sorry case, camouflaging with the Holy Bible at the end of it all. I am sorry for ��s under his regim.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by nikdam: 2:15am On Jun 02, 2020
nikdam:
The racist Trump himself isn't helping the matter. His speech a moment ago is a sorry case, camouflaging with the Holy Bible at the end of it all. I am sorry for Americans under his regim.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by abbey621(m): 2:26am On Jun 02, 2020
hardbody:

To slam you just dey hungry me.

Go and slam your father, I'm 6ft 3, 260 lbs and a former boxer, I'll crush you with one hand lil boy grin grin grin
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hardbody: 2:32am On Jun 02, 2020
abbey621:

Go and slam your father, I'm 6ft 3, 260 lbs and a former boxer, I'll crush you with one hand lil boy grin grin grin

I am so quaking with fear..m.o.ron.

Floyd had better statistics incase you dont know. I will crumple you.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by FrankInPlywood: 2:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Pelosi: A beautiful scenery line
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by pacespot(m): 2:41am On Jun 02, 2020
Has Trump finally designated ANTIFA the terrorist organization as he wanted to?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by abbey621(m): 3:13am On Jun 02, 2020
hardbody:

I am so quaking with fear..m.o.ron.

Floyd had better statistics incase you dont know. I will crumple you.

You ain't no cop, you ain't even a G and I doubt you ever fired a glock or a shotgun before so I don't get the comparison with Floyd. You just another nobody hiding behind a keyword....Lil boy grin grin grin grin
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by dasparrow: 3:38am On Jun 02, 2020
This protests are not about George Floyd anymore. People are just using his death to release pent up anger because a lot of Americans are angry and frustrated. Make no mistake about it.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by oaktown101(m): 3:43am On Jun 02, 2020
They tore up my city. This dealership is at the back of my house in Oakland, CA.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Difrent: 3:48am On Jun 02, 2020
DMPaulSr:

As in ehhh.
It's getting out of hand.
This is wickedness!!! Looting and Arson will not solve racism..

The highest form of wickedness and man's inhumanity to fellow man is SYSTEMIC RACISM IN AMERICAN POLICE FORCES.......enough is enough.... If it will take looting to stop or drastically reduce the madness

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2020
McCoy662:
This is uncalled for. Damaging someone's means of livelihood is also a racist attack. Protest should be calm and peaceful as supported by the Constitution.
You should be doing worst sef.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Swagaliciousguy(m): 5:07am On Jun 02, 2020
This is turning into pure madness.

They should rather channel this energy towards government owned properties but private companies got nothing to do with what happened.

But sincerely i wish we Nigerians had the guts to come out and show our anger publicly not hide behind keyboards!

This is happening in America as a result of one man’s death,from the beginning of lockdown till now how many innocent lives has the security agencies killed in Nigeria?

We need a revolution in Nigeria to send messages to all those fools we got as leaders

[b]
All those places being burnt are targeted for a reason, those places are fond of one racism cases or anoda .[
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Tillatalk: 5:22am On Jun 02, 2020
DMPaulSr:

As in ehhh.
what will say about the white coo man that kill the unarmed black man who is not even resisting arrest imagine if George were your relative won't you do worser than that . I saw the video I was touching watching another man dying slowly its horrible. it isn't easy to lose love ones imagine the trauma the family are passing through now .you think say na naija wen dey fear to fight for their rights because they don't even know their rights

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Ayomarcel(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2020
Wars aren't won by peaceful protest.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by OyinO: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2020
Moneywirer:
This is no longer for late Floyd, I smell politics all over this.
What are the odds that the opposition party didn't incite a reasonable percentage of these series of events just to make Trump look too stupid and incapable of maintaining order with diplomacy?

I beg to differ from your rash conclusion. Tump's response fueled the riot...

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by OyinO: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2020
McCoy662:
This is uncalled for. Damaging someone's means of livelihood is also a racist attack. Protest should be calm and peaceful as supported by the Constitution.

Calm and peaceful protest is waste of time. Violent protest is best to address racism but it is the wrong people and establishments they are targeting in this case.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by 123papas(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2020
kikero:

Actually, the Democrats are not behind this

Exactly the same riots happened under Obama, and have happened in one way or the other for decades.

The issue is this. Black people in the US have been at the mercy of the racist system for a long time. Now, I won't deny things have improved...it used to be far worse (an older relative of mine once turned down an opportunity to study in the US back in the day because of the horror tales he heard from senior colleagues).

The problem is, for many years, black people could be shot by the police, shot even by ordinary citizens (yes, it happened)...and nothing was done. And these things add up and make people angry.

An example. In the late 1940's, a black young man, who had fought with distinction in World War 2, was shot dead , without provocation, by a white policeman. His younger brother, for his own safety, had to be moved to another part of the USA because the night they brought his elder bro's corpse home, an older relative took one look at the guy's face, and saw the face of a very very angry young man, who if care was not taken, would have exacted revenge...which would have led to the whole black community suffering severe reprecusions. A few days later the man was sent to relatives in California (where he thrived well by the way...but that's another story)

The thing is, over and over again, even in these improved times, black males are more likley to be failed by the system. Before this issue with George....there was a case where a white woman called the police on a black man and lied that he was threatening her. IF htere hadn't been recording that black man could have ended up being shot.

What you are seeing is anger that has built up over generations. It is not easy to go away. And yes, it is very self destructive.(such violence drives out investment and jobs from black areas). But it is understandable. And for once, it isn't something that can be fixed quickly by any president...Trump or anyone else.(It happened several times under Obama.). You cannot fix anger that is generations worth.

It's a big shame that blacks are also tribalistic to each other.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by 123papas(m): 6:32am On Jun 02, 2020
Difrent:

The highest form of wickedness and man's inhumanity to fellow man is SYSTEMIC RACISM IN AMERICAN POLICE FORCES.......enough is enough.... If it will take looting to stop or drastically reduce the madness

How can we stop tribalism and ethnic cleansing in Nigeria?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by muffyt05: 7:14am On Jun 02, 2020
Moneywirer:
What are the odds that the opposition party didn't incite a reasonable percentage of these series of events just to make Trump look too stupid and incapable of maintaining order with diplomacy?

The way I see it, I feel the several years of suppression, racism and domination by the whites and also the system will bring out the beast in any oppressed person, the moment he finds his voice. Not too long ago in Lagos, Nigerians, in retaliation for the xenophobic attack on their counterparts in South Africa took to massive looting in the name of protest. While there are protesters with good intentions, we can't rule out the bad ones or criminals hijacking the movement for their selfish gains. So, from the way I see it, I do not see any political colouration to the events happening over there right now, might be wrong though

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by TerickW(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2020
DMPaulSr:

As in ehhh.
At least it will serve at a deterrent to further racist behavior

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:51am On Jun 02, 2020
TruthHurts100:

What if he spent fake currency? Then you killed him?
we don't even know if the fake currency allegation is true, it may possibly be mistaken identity. Why would someone knowingly spend fake currency at a store and still hang around the crime scene? It makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by TruthHurts100: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2020
hermesprogidy:
we don't even know if the fake currency allegation is true, it may possibly be mistaken identity. Why would someone knowingly spend fake currency at a store and still hang around the crime scene? It makes no sense.

My thought too

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hermesprogidy(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2020
123papas:

It's a big shame that blacks are also tribalistic to each other.
And Whites and Asians are not tribalistic towards each other?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Offpoint:
I think it's high time the *"SHOOTING SHOULD START"

Yes. Shooting should start and kill one of your family members protesting against racism..
It is easy to comment and imagine evil thing when your family members will not involve in the tragedy but just imagine one of your family members is hit with a stray bullet and die....

Think before you comment.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by chriscrosss(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2020
Any small thing for Nigeria , warri na dey carrry last..just look at Americans, who will ever believed this...madness dey everybody body, na just conscience dey keep am low key...

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by hardbody: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2020
abbey621:

You ain't no cop, you ain't even a G and I doubt you ever fired a glock or a shotgun before so I don't get the comparison with Floyd. You just another nobody hiding behind a keyword....Lil boy grin grin grin grin

Just went through your profile bruv, we neighbours and I suddenly kinda like you. What's da beef? Let's be good bro...

I ain't gon pull a shi on you no more...trust me.

Peace.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by cardoctor(m): 8:42am On Jun 02, 2020
Things fall apart. The centre cannot hold. Mere anarchy is loosed upon the land.

-Chinua Achebe
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Muroko(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2020
Moneywirer:

Trump is too stupid and arrogant to handle this situation.
Word.�

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Ayobami7(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2020
见过
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by waynejesus: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
uruba23:
Who are the people fueling this riot,would this solve the problem,putting more people into debts...see as they waste a beautiful car.

Oga you think say na your country nija be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Slay Queen Curses Yahoo Boys For Using Her Friend "Classic White" For Ritual / Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) / Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.