Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Help A Hepatitis B Victim - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help A Hepatitis B Victim (446 Views)

World Hepatitis Day : A Hepatitis Free Future / Can A Hepatitis B Carrier Breastfeed Baby / Can A Hepatitis B Positive Doctor Be Allowed To Work In A Government Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Hepatitis B Victim by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
I was accidentally diagnosed positive for hepatitis b sometime in 2014, when I had to do general medical test as a requirement for a job recruitment.
I visited a doctor after the discovery and I was given referral slips to do some tests which I never did due to lack of funds. I was given livolin forte which I stopped after some months since the usage isn't monitored as I didn't go back toy doctor due to relocation.
It's been almost six years and I haven't done anything about it. Though I don't have symptoms and I've been so fit and look so well ever since.
What do you advice please?
doctors in the house, hepatitis victims please give an advice
Re: Help A Hepatitis B Victim by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why not start by repeating the test since you were "accidentally diagnosed" 6years ago??
I hope you didn't use the word "accidentally " wrongly here?

1 Like

Re: Help A Hepatitis B Victim by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Why not start by repeating the test since you were "accidentally diagnosed" 6years ago??
I hope you didn't use the word "accidentally " wrongly here?
accidentally here means it wasn't discovered as a result of sickness or any symptoms
it was discovered when I went for medical fitness test for a recruitment
Re: Help A Hepatitis B Victim by Mikocake(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Read up about hepatitis B. Many don't fall ill when they contact the disease because most of the time the antibodies fight against it. I think you are free
Re: Help A Hepatitis B Victim by Edunews: 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
HadeedHarry:
I was accidentally diagnosed positive for hepatitis b sometime in 2014, when I had to do general medical test as a requirement for a job recruitment.
I visited a doctor after the discovery and I was given referral slips to do some tests which I never did due to lack of funds. I was given livolin forte which I stopped after some months since the usage isn't monitored as I didn't go back toy doctor due to relocation.
It's been almost six years and I haven't done anything about it. Though I don't have symptoms and I've been so fit and look so well ever since.
What do you advice please?
doctors in the house, hepatitis victims please give an advice

First things first, You weren't accidentally diagnosed. you were rightly diagnosed, but during a Routine check up.

Now, concerning your worries. I would advice that you do your best to always see or talk to a doctor occasionally. It is okay that you are feeling well.

Hepatitis is caused by a virus & just like most Viral diseases like Covid-19, it has no cure. You would have to depend on your immune system to keep the virus from overwhelming you.

In the absence of symptoms, there is no need for you to take any medication.

Secondly: Hepatitis is transmitted through the blood (e.g: transfusion, sharing sharp objects, etc) & through sexual intercourse. I would advice you to let your partner know about it, so that she can take precaution by getting vaccinated against Hep. B.

finally, for anyone here who was bord after 2004. I would advice you all to get vaccinated for hepatitis B. the vaccine was introduced into the NPI in 2004, hence most person born before then wouldn't have gotten the vaccine.

you can see more about hepatitis on: https://publichealthnig.com/cancer-of-the-prostate-causes-symptoms-prevention/

I wish you all the best!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Die Like This, Nairalanders Pls Help / Covid 19 :Is It Possible To Suffer Symptoms For 6 Months. / Low Performance In Bed With Men.. Women Alike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.