Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd (86036 Views)

EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi / Chelsea Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund: Sancho Scores Hat-trick And Pays Tribute To George Floyd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Stayfouss10: 7:13am On Jun 02, 2020
EgusiSoup:
This are result of this APC government we were deceive to vote for as a Yoruba man. PDP would have done better to manage the protest but who does not knows where we are now. We knows who is to blame for this protest. By 2023 we shall collect this mistake
SEE AS THIS ONE THEY THINK LIKE GOAT .... PDP AND APC FOR THIS KIND MATTA
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Minemrys: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2020
Adjovi:

Seems you didn't watch the video. People tried talking that were blocked off by the Asian officer.. a black can't approach he will be shot .
then why is one pers0n taking the fall? All should be charged.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Vatod(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2020
gfon:
I just wonder what goes through that officer's mind when he sees the chaos and pains he's stupid action has caused
drug and hatred
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Joshmanfashion(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2020
That's the real squad
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nelchuksmandela(m): 7:47am On Jun 02, 2020
YoungLionken:
Well if I were Floyd, I would have resisted the cop guy. Floyd wasn't smart enough,he saw death and was smiling..

#justiceforuwa...

U must be a professional mumu
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by AmazingELixir: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
it's the older UnCiviliZed GeneRation but I hope they change

Why do you like combining small and large case.letter alphabet in your write ups, your distinct signature?
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by murmee: 8:35am On Jun 02, 2020
YoungLionken:
Well if I were Floyd, I would have resisted the cop guy. Floyd wasn't smart enough,he saw death and was smiling..

#justiceforuwa...
YoungLionken, how would you have resisted the cop guy. There were 4 cops in case you had forgotten. Please explain what you would have done. I am curious to know!
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by uunwanaobong3: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
Normal Liverpool way, ....... Always trying to use the death of an innocent black man to shine. As if they care!....... racist club.
During memorial moment in a match, U will see them forming fake one minute silent and clapping as if they are more dedicated than others,...
But when it comes to paying their poor staff to help sustain them through pandemic times, they(Liverpool) want to furlough the entire club. Nonsense

If the black community in USA ask for funding to help them push this racism fight, believe me Liverpool will not contribute a penny, they will run away............ instead u will see clubs like city, Chelsea, or even arsenal supporting with money.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by barcaboi(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Possiblegee:
This picture really touched my soft spot ... let them free that police that killed that black guy..the police officer so far looks frustrated and depressed anytime soon his wife is gonna divorce him ..las las e go commit suicide all will still end in tears for him
Kininwi gan
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Luper123(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2020
YoungLionken:

#justiceforuwa...
He was already handcuffed
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by murmee: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2020
Shugargal:
Just my thoughts, the guy lied too low, no body movements at all like as if his legs were chained or something. no struggle no anything, and it was only one officer that pinned him down. anyways God knows why. RIP to him.
Floyd was pinned down by 3 officers not one!
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Vulcan24(m): 8:42am On Jun 02, 2020
This is what happened

police are trained to use that tactic for restrained on aggressive burly suspect resisting arrest. G Floyd actually did.

Then after he was cuffed and taken down the tactic was applied, G Floyd blurted out he's getting choked and can't breathe.... at that point the officers had 2 choices: release the hold and likely start another restraining combat

or

keep G Floyd in position untill he s subdued and lifted into the prowl car.

However Cops are not trained to kill so he should have taken a reasonable precaution to release the hold and call out for assistance to hold suspect down longer but not in that knee tactic position

cop refused to apply discretion cos he's wary of blacks and knows G Floyd is a burly guy ( this perception could be different if he was white) white suspect might be arrested using a different tactic but not pinned to the deck like G Floyd.

this calls to question the cops intention and act, which when fused does not means murder but mans slaughter from negligence

G Floyd has underlying health conditions not known to the Cooper and a reasonable and average person engaging Floyd in combat would have been constrained to act like the cop

conclusively our analysis provided the fact that cop was in line of duty and not out to kill

his tactic was not labelled by the police trainers to be lethal, he only applied it on the suspect with health issues and did not heed to the suspect cries

he is guilty of manslaughter/3rd degree murder and not first degree murder.

protesters should chill and be advised ..... cop shootings are the ones with real cases

the white and black war is rarely the case here.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Vulcan24(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2020
Luper123:
He was already handcuffed

yes he was handcuffed and could still run and either kill himself or injure n maim others while trying to run.

that is why officers pinned down suspect who initially resist arrest to prevent them from running or harming themselves

when a suspect is cuffed, some flew into panic and become a human Dynamo, destroying things and causing road accident cos running with ur hands at ur back is risky to u n others
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by murmee: 8:51am On Jun 02, 2020
ezemme:
We'd know that this whole protest isn't gonna change anything. Racism have being in existence for ages.
You have just stated the SAD and BITTER Truth!
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Alaganature(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2020
Nawa oo this George Floyd death come popular pass Covid 19 self..His last statement "I can't Breath" Nah real punchline oo
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by boysy(m): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2020
This is really shocking.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Ayobami7(m): 9:59am On Jun 02, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2020
You'll Never Walk Alone. #UnitedNotDivided
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by 3phase(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2020
EgusiSoup:
This are result of this APC government we were deceive to vote for as a Yoruba man. PDP would have done better to manage the protest but who does not knows where we are now. We knows who is to blame for this protest. By 2023 we shall "collect" this mistake
It should be correct...take note bro
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Olarewaju89: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2020
openmine:

Lovely Jersey minus the superimposed 'VAR' which every club in the EPL has at one point in time benefited from!
Tell me your club and i can vouch that VAR has favored your club more than it has favored liverpool! tongue tongue

grin grin this is my club, and VAR have never favour us for ones, it was morata and lorente that always helped us . But, pls don't cry ooo cry

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Shugargal(f): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2020
DriggityDre:
No.
There were 3 of them and he was handcuffed as well.
You didn't watch the video.

You guys keep coming up with this shii.
Have you been held down by 3 grown men before??
Not the usual play-play hold that young boys do.
Coupled with that, they are officers of the law trained to restrain.

He was hooked!

The man on his neck alone is most likely 220lbs and above.
Oh I didn't see the video well but I thought maybe he must have been chained down as there was nothing like resistance, thanks for the clearance. but no don't tell me about that part if I have been held down by 3men, oh shit it sounds again like a rape case to me. thanks once again...
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by DriggityDre: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Shugargal:
Oh I didn't see the video well but I thought maybe he must have been chained down as there was nothing like resistance, thanks for the clearance. but no don't tell me about that part if I have been held down by 3men, oh shit it sounds again like a rape case to me. thanks once again...
Oh. My apologies. No problem.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by realoscar84(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2020
At least he believe in violence, that's somethin.

Roon9:
Nice one but the way some Americans are going about it tho undecided

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by openmine(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
Olarewaju89:

grin grin this is my club, and VAR have never favour us for ones, it was morata and lorente that always helped us . But, pls don't cry ooo cry
I was referring to the EPL bro since you seem to know more about who VAR favours tongue
Well I wish your club wins the UCL (which is unlikely)....if they don't,they will end up going trophless and the only 'cup' they may have 'won' this season for their unambitious fans would be defeating the defending champions...

oops sorry I heard there is no such cup in uefa's kitty grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Olarewaju89: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
openmine:

I was referring to the EPL bro since you seem to know more about who VAR favours tongue
Well I wish your club wins the UCL (which is unlikely)....if they don't,they will end up going trophless and the only 'cup' they may have 'won' this season for their unambitious fans would be defeating the defending champions...

oops sorry I heard there is no such cup in uefa's kitty grin grin

You defeated Barcelona and you carry the champion's league, right? Now, I have defeated you and i will win the champion league. grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by openmine(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Olarewaju89:

You defeated Barcelona and you carry the champion's league, right? Now, I have defeated you and i will win the champion league. grin grin grin
Ehhhh wrong analogy bro....barca were not the defending champions of the UCL,it was Real Madrid!

The Ajax team that dismantled Real Madrid lost to the eventual runners up team Spurs!

So defeating the defending champions is not a recipe to win the UCL! tongue
Sorry bro...the truth hurts cheesy

Like I said,try win ohh because there is no hope for Atletico to make top 5 sef grin

I no wan hear say the only 'trophy' una win this season na to beat Liverpool for anfield ohh.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Olarewaju89: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
openmine:

Ehhhh wrong analogy bro....barca were not the defending champions of the UCL,it was Real Madrid!

The Ajax team that dismantled Real Madrid lost to the eventual runners up team Spurs!

So defeating the defending champions is not a recipe to win the UCL! tongue
Sorry bro...the truth hurts cheesy

Like I said,try win ohh because there is no hope for Atletico to make top 5 sef grin

I no wan hear say the only 'trophy' una win this season na to beat Liverpool for anfield ohh.... grin grin

We are winning the league, champions league and uefa super cup. grin grin. Abeg, don't reply me again, I'm eating right now grin come and eat sha... grin
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Duchezgold(f): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=YoungLionken post=90210921]Well if I were Floyd, I would have resisted the cop guy. Floyd wasn't smart enough,he saw death and was smiling

how can he resist three officers when he is on handcuffs
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by VULCAN(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Your response shows that you are not well educated so I choose to forgive your ignorance of recent history.

A person that cannot respond with facts and figures when he has been proven wrong but responds with insults isn't a person whose opinion should be taken seriously.

Let me repeat it again. If you had access to the Internet or cable TV when Obama was President you would have known that police killing blacks didn't start under Trump.

So blaming the President for the actions of rogue cops shows how low your quality of thinking is.

Do you blame Buhari when Nigerian Police shoots bus conductors for N200?

Now you have access to Internet try and do a little historical research if your brain cells will allow you. It won't take more than an hour.

Discombulator:

Stupid trump asslickers ,licking the bum of a man that sees you as less than human and place a ban on your motherfucking country, fools
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
pafo:
Same Liverpool who supported Suarez in the racist row with Evra? That Liverpool? They can keep their kneeling in their pockets.

Edit: To all the fools calling me names, Liverpool's chief executive issued thr apology to Evra nine years later. 9 whole years. What were they waiting for for nine years? One thing we have to realize as blacks is that those guys don't rate us. We have to make them realize we are equals. Evra is just a super guy cos if i was issued an apology on racism nine years after the incident, I'll tell them to shove in up their a s s. F u **ing c u n t s!

$tupid club with nonsense fans

some people must always be stiupeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Crashes His Car In Accident (Photos) / Odion Ighalo In Man United Jersey In Throw Back Picture! / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.