Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:42 PM

Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! (20236 Views)

Conversion Of V6 To 4cylinder EOD Possible? / Can I Change A Pencil V6 To A V4 / Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
*TURNED MY Z9 PEUGEOT 607 PHASE II V6 TO A MANIAC - SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION OF AM6 AUTOMATIC TO MANUAL TRANSMISSION.*

The project of the new born maniac started on 08/01/2019 and ended on 30/05/2020 (17 months). A tough excited project, considering every part of the vehicle system was designed to work only with Automatic transmission (AM6), which probably could be why no one seem to have done this Conversion except me.

I originally set out to convert with 6-speed Manual gearbox, but decided to go for 5-speed Manual, since my excitement couldn't keep me waiting for 6-speed Manual box that was taking too long to locate. However, I needed to do the conversion to work with both 5-speed & 6-speed Stick-shift, Incase the 6-speed turns up in future. For that, I had to study or researched on parts for such conversion to be a reality. My findings led to parts from 3 different Peugeot models to make it happen. A tough challenge and excited too.

Almost everyone I told about the project said the project will destroy the car. Only Siena Gbuje in United Kingdom was excited when I told him about the project, in one of our discussions. I never listened or gave a rip about public opinion anyway. If I wanted something that has nothing to do with anyone else, it's done. It's a question of when.

30/05/2020 was the day I cranked the engine and it roared into life with Stick-shift box for the first time. The drive that followed after was unforgettable. The car now move like a different car: less weight, quicker, less fuel consumption and most importantly, *PREDICTABLE* , just like my other Stick-shift V6 lions. Words cannot describe the fun part of the drive. I get to now play with the pedals, while I watch the 3.0i ES9A 290 Nm torque surge the car forward like a maniac he has become. Thanks to the brand new Valeo clutch kit and Total Manual Transmission Fluid Gear 8 75w-80.

Even with the complex electrical system of the car, wired to work only with Automatic Gearbox, I did the Electrical part of the conversion so well that the car now work as if it originally had manual transmission from new. No warning sign on the instrument panel. The ABS, ESP, Variable steering, variable suspension, engine cooling fan, instrument panel, Multifunction display, etc, everything works the same way before the conversion took place the previous week (yet to make out time to reconnect the parking Aid though).

I now have the perfect Z9 V6, exactly how I wanted it from the beginning. The AM6 6-speed Automatic Gearbox was still running like new at 77,000 km mileage before I removed it, but wasn't part of my dream Z9 V6. As new and good as the transmission is, it's not for Lion King - Monk. It denied me self Expression Behind the Wheel I couldn't ignore or live with.

What about the original intention of 6-speed Stick-shift box? Few days of driving the lion with the 5-speed Stick-shift has been so exciting that I no longer care if I see or don't see the 6-speed box. Besides, I have other lions with more power and 6-speed Stick-shift I will be adding to join my current fun lions.

I can't wait to conclude other projects on my other lions as well. So many good things in this physical life for men to choose and enjoy. I mean, if you find life so boring or uninteresting, get rid of your car and get a fun one, for you can only find yourself in that frequency/condition when you surround yourself with boring things. Just yesterday, I took the new maniac for another drive, applied some skills on the pedals and gear lever and found myself screaming *YEEHAW!* I drove back home and closed the celebration with a bottle of 1759. I mean, I beat my chest, pointed to the car and said *I DID THAT!* (boastfully). One of the best part of masculinity which I am proud of.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Th

3 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by RZArecta(m): 12:02am On Jun 02, 2020
Impressive
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by 9icetoo(m): 12:10am On Jun 02, 2020
Nice. Maybe someday you could start tuning cars, improving their horsepower and torque. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by ivoryhouse(m): 12:42am On Jun 02, 2020
Awesome
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NaijadrivaCars: 12:46am On Jun 02, 2020
tongue

Ikenna351, you meant to tell us that the auto gear of your 607 (which is problematic according to findings) have been converted to manual transmission (which is less problematic or better)?

Congratulations though! It seems like an uphill task but you did it!

14 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by mejai(m): 12:47am On Jun 02, 2020
Kudos man. More 1759 for a job well done.

Igbani ka, odiro easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Shellsploit: 12:51am On Jun 02, 2020
Seems i would convert my nissan quest 2002 to manual transmission sad

Naijadrivacars sef!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Shellsploit: 12:52am On Jun 02, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
tongue
how far with your ride in the other thread u created grin
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Shellsploit: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Nairaland moderators wont be happy with this development sef...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NaijadrivaCars: 12:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Shellsploit:
how far with your ride in the other thread u created grin

Fear still de catch person for VW. Still making findings. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Shellsploit: 1:00am On Jun 02, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Fear still de catch person for VW. Still making findings. grin
It is well bro. Hope the ride is not from Cars45 wink
A friend of mine bought his car from one of their outlet and on his way home, engine pulled out on motion. Na d matter we still sey settle since last week.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Niseed(m): 2:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Nice Job!!! But how come you decided to use a 6 speed gear stick, doesn't that get confusing ?

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by id4sho(m): 2:38am On Jun 02, 2020
pijo guyman
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by OPUSDEI1(m): 4:59am On Jun 02, 2020
A truly wise decision and impressive job.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by DUNKA(m): 6:30am On Jun 02, 2020
Ikenna351:
*TURNED MY Z9 PEUGEOT 607 PHASE II V6 TO A MANIAC - SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION OF AM6 AUTOMATIC TO MANUAL TRANSMISSION.*

The project of the new born maniac started on 08/01/2019 and ended on 30/05/2020 (17 months). A tough excited project, considering every part of the vehicle system was designed to work only with Automatic transmission (AM6), which probably could be why no one seem to have done this Conversion except me.

I originally set out to convert with 6-speed Manual gearbox, but decided to go for 5-speed Manual, since my excitement couldn't keep me waiting for 6-speed Manual box that was taking too long to locate. However, I needed to do the conversion to work with both 5-speed & 6-speed Stick-shift, Incase the 6-speed turns up in future. For that, I had to study or researched on parts for such conversion to be a reality. My findings led to parts from 3 different Peugeot models to make it happen. A tough challenge and excited too.

Almost everyone I told about the project said the project will destroy the car. Only Siena Gbuje in United Kingdom was excited when I told him about the project, in one of our discussions. I never listened or gave a rip about public opinion anyway. If I wanted something that has nothing to do with anyone else, it's done. It's a question of when.

30/05/2020 was the day I cranked the engine and it roared into life with Stick-shift box for the first time. The drive that followed after was unforgettable. The car now move like a different car: less weight, quicker, less fuel consumption and most importantly, *PREDICTABLE* , just like my other Stick-shift V6 lions. Words cannot describe the fun part of the drive. I get to now play with the pedals, while I watch the 3.0i ES9A 290 Nm torque surge the car forward like a maniac he has become. Thanks to the brand new Valeo clutch kit and Total Manual Transmission Fluid Gear 8 75w-80.

Even with the complex electrical system of the car, wired to work only with Automatic Gearbox, I did the Electrical part of the conversion so well that the car now work as if it originally had manual transmission from new. No warning sign on the instrument panel. The ABS, ESP, Variable steering, variable suspension, engine cooling fan, instrument panel, Multifunction display, etc, everything works the same way before the conversion took place the previous week (yet to make out time to reconnect the parking Aid though).

I now have the perfect Z9 V6, exactly how I wanted it from the beginning. The AM6 6-speed Automatic Gearbox was still running like new at 77,000 km mileage before I removed it, but wasn't part of my dream Z9 V6. As new and good as the transmission is, it's not for Lion King - Monk. It denied me self Expression Behind the Wheel I couldn't ignore or live with.

What about the original intention of 6-speed Stick-shift box? Few days of driving the lion with the 5-speed Stick-shift has been so exciting that I no longer care if I see or don't see the 6-speed box. Besides, I have other lions with more power and 6-speed Stick-shift I will be adding to join my current fun lions.

I can't wait to conclude other projects on my other lions as well. So many good things in this physical life for men to choose and enjoy. I mean, if you find life so boring or uninteresting, get rid of your car and get a fun one, for you can only find yourself in that frequency/condition when you surround yourself with boring things. Just yesterday, I took the new maniac for another drive, applied some skills on the pedals and gear lever and found myself screaming *YEEHAW!* I drove back home and closed the celebration with a bottle of 1759. I mean, I beat my chest, pointed to the car and said *I DID THAT!* (boastfully). One of the best part of masculinity which I am proud of.

nice one. How much did the conversion cost?

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2020
So you later converted this Z9.... You're going to hit jackpot. Many ppu want to yank away the automatic gearbox in their lions... especially the z9! Good job Monk.

9 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Agbabiakara: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2020
Fantastic job! Welldone
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ayomarcel(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
A good Job done. Hope to read about many.

Congrats
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by cartwright1: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2020
Good job.

I like your number plate grin

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by udemzyudex(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Niseed:
Nice Job!!! But how come you decided to use a 6 speed gear stick, doesn't that get confusing ?

You didn't read the full post I guess.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by yungboss(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nice job Ikenna,

I like the passion!

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by kingreign(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Shellsploit:
Seems i would convert my nissan quest 2002 to manual transmission sad

Naijadrivacars sef!

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by kingreign(m): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Congrats to you on your successful conversion
Ikenna351:
Th
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by RZArecta(m): 12:18am On Jun 03, 2020
NobleEngineer:
So you later converted this Z9.... You're going to hit jackpot. Many ppu want to yank away the automatic gearbox in their lions... especially the z9! Good job Monk.
are the auto tyranny’s problematic or do people just prefer manual (especially 2007-2010 407)
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by alphaNomega: 12:28am On Jun 03, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
tongue

Ikenna too like manual cars. You be classic man o. tongue

Ikenna351 please tell Siena to come back to naira land. Missed him.

Lol. Person wey dey browse here with coded username

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 12:57am On Jun 03, 2020
RZArecta:
are the auto tyranny’s problematic or do people just prefer manual (especially 2007-2010 407)
Manual tranny cheaper to maintain, less problematic, more effective, more efficient and more fuel economical..IMO

Auto tranny is problematic to users who cut corners when it's time to replace the automatic transmission fluid... The original is expensive so they usually end up putting fake fluid and the pojo will show them fire!!!

11 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by nomaison(m): 5:24am On Jun 03, 2020
21 gun salute sir.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by dicksonadams(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2020
Kudos boss, great job. Been following your work... I duff my hat

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Alfred74: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ikenna351:

The day I lost respect for you was when I saw Kazeem replacing your 505 brake pads in akpo abuja .

You are a textbook mechanic and scanner mechanic , but not hands on. Roadside mechanics do all the work for you.

What you did there has been done hundreds of time here in Kaduna by road side mechanics. All you need are Peugeot 406 parts.

607 has the most unreliable transmission known to mankind, and it frustrated you too.

Enjoy your 5 seconds of fame, and share the glory with the guys that did the actual work.

21 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by buygala(m): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Alfred74:

The day I lost respect for you was when I saw Kazeem replacing your 505 brake pads in akpo abuja .

You are a textbook mechanic and scanner mechanic , but not hands on. Roadside mechanics do all the work for you.

What you did there has been done hundreds of time here in Kaduna by road side mechanics. All you need are Peugeot 406 parts.

607 has the most unreliable transmission known to mankind, and it frustrated you too.

Enjoy your 5 seconds of fame, and share the glory with the guys that did the actual work.

Shots fired shocked

I repeat...SHOTS FIRED!!!! grin

Demeanors,Mexicans, and Canadian rust citizens , please assemble....Serious Gbege dey ground..

.Dem say Ikenna wey dey collect fee for WhatsApp group na Google Mechanic sad .....

But seriously....I can attest to the fact that mechanics here in the North change Peugeot auto gearboxes to manual steady....most of d stuff made to look like rocket science here are what Hausa boys do low-key without even blinking grin

21 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by ivoryhouse(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Alfred74:

This is not nice at all. You sound like you have scores to settle with him. We don't care who else has done it, neither do we care where they did it. He's achieved his goal and successfully too and he's therefore entitled to celebrate. Maybe you should create a thread on the Kaduna boys so those in Kaduna and perhaps even Abuja, that need their services can reach out to them. Stop hating, it's detrimental to your health

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils / 6 Fuel Saving Tips For Automatic Drivers / Why Is My Timming Belt Always Cutting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.