Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! (20456 Views)

Conversion Of V6 To 4cylinder EOD Possible? / Can I Change A Pencil V6 To A V4 / Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by kingreign(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Chai the Party has been scattered and them don carry sand pour inside the food. Oya korope carry me comot for this place quick!

10 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by yusufu16: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
NobleEngineer:

Manual tranny cheaper to maintain, less problematic, more effective, more efficient and more fuel economical..IMO

Auto tranny is problematic to users who cut corners when it's time to replace the automatic transmission fluid... The original is expensive so they usually end up putting fake fluid and the pojo will show them fire!!!

No. 1 problem of peugeot auto tranny is fake auto transmission fluid. Many people said peugeot auto is not reliable. They forget wrong or fake transmission fluid is the cause of most of the failures

3 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
kingreign:
Chai the Party has been scattered and them don carry sand pour inside the food. Oya korope carry me comot for this place quick!

grin grin

Cartalk streets aren't funny.

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hausa boys converting lions with so many error codes dancing skelewu on your dash... to convert 607 new model phase 2 na play play without a single error code.

11 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by bigx(m): 5:38am On Jun 04, 2020
Exactly.
Plus small small madness around the car.

I personally advocated for this forum in 2012 and it was made for posts like this
https://www.nairaland.com/939948/need-separate-auto-enthusiasts-forum

No one has ever posted the mods "Hausa boys" made in the past 8 years, someone puts it up and the petty mafia is unleashed.

If Ikenna351 knows exactly what should be done (meaning there would be no trial and error) but would rather pay a mechanic to do the dirty and heavy work under direct supervision that's what millions of business men do worldwide, time has value.

NobleEngineer:
Hausa boys converting lions with so many error codes dancing skelewu on your dash... to convert 607 new model phase 2 na play play without a single error code.

10 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by buygala(m): 6:38am On Jun 04, 2020
bigx:
Exactly.
Plus small small madness around the car.

I personally advocated for this forum in 2012 and it was made for posts like this
https://www.nairaland.com/939948/need-separate-auto-enthusiasts-forum

No one has ever posted the mods "Hausa boys" made in the past 8 years, someone puts it up and the petty mafia is unleashed.

If Ikenna351 knows exactly what should be done (meaning there would be no trial and error) but would rather pay a mechanic to do the dirty and heavy work under direct supervision that's what millions of business men do worldwide, time has value.

Nobody put up 'Hausa boys' mods because around here, it's hardly seen as anything special grin

Thousands of Peugeot vehicles are being used in the North, even for interstate transport....and it's these same 'Hausa boys' that keep those vehicles in shape year in year out ....Or you think somebody running Abuja-Kano everyday with a 406 wagon has the time or resources to be looking for somebody to speak big English and charge him an arm and a leg to fix his vehicle?

Nobody is raining on anybody's parade....but the fact that you consider bread an exotic dish doesn't make it so grin

My family church (ECWA) has a fleet of about 20 406 vehicles and a couple of 607s which criss cross the country on a regular basis for church work....and na one small boy dey service all those vehicles....Not a single one has broken down on the highway..not one....and yes...a couple of them have had their gearboxes neatly swapped as the international donors sent them in with auto gearboxesgrin

Op is doing a nice Job...a very nice one.....but call a spade a spade, here in the North,maintaining a Lion isn't any biggie for those who know where to look...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by bigx(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2020
It's not a big deal but searching for same procedure online leads to a rabbit hole (ikennas videos on it are top result on google).

Abi is it down to our fear of sharing information or weird aversion to documentation?

I've learnt complex and very simple things online from forums and YouTube videos random people put online and things like this would help someone 10 years from now.

It's easy to criticise but let's do the hard stuff more, it would help us.

buygala:

Nobody put up 'Hausa boys' mods because around here, it's hardly seen as anything special grin

Thousands of Peugeot vehicles are being used in the North, even for interstate transport....and it's these same 'Hausa boys' that keep those vehicles in shape year in year out ....Or you think somebody running Abuja-Kano everyday with a 406 wagon has the time or resources to be looking for somebody to speak big English and charge him an arm and a leg to fix his vehicle?

Nobody is raining on anybody's parade....but the fact that you consider bread an exotic dish doesn't make it so grin

My family church (ECWA) has a fleet of about 20 406 vehicles and a couple of 607s which criss cross the country on a regular basis for church work....and na one small boy dey service all those vehicles....Not a single one has broken down on the highway..not one....and yes...a couple of them have had their gearboxes neatly swapped as the international donors sent them in with auto gearboxesgrin

Op is doing a nice Job...a very nice one.....but call a spade a spade, here in the North,maintaining a Lion isn't any biggie for those who know where to look...

9 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by buygala(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2020
bigx:
It's not a big deal but searching for same procedure online leads to a rabbit hole (ikennas videos on it are top result on google).

Abi is it down to our fear of sharing information or weird aversion to documentation?

I've learnt complex and very simple things online from forums and YouTube videos random people put online and things like this would help someone 10 years from now.

Good you have admitted it's not a big deal grin

Nobody is averse to documentation...some of us are just averse to calling 'akara' 'beancake' in an attempt to make it look more complicated and exotic than it actually is grin

Besides the poster I quoted 1st made some allegations that the op is a hand-pointing Google Mechanic who outsources the practical work grin...That's some heavy allegations right there

I have nothing to say on that because I have not seen the op outsourcing anything...so I will just limit myself to what I have said so far

3 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by yungboss(m): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2020
bigx:

These days you hardly find a thread in cartalk that doesn't deteriorate or dematerialize from the subject.
It basically always ends in name-calling, highly offensive criticism or repulsive inputs.
Though we are all faceless, but as people who love/like the cars we drive, we should also learn the habits of spreading positivity and respect, whether we think Peugeot is reliable or not or the Op sought knowledge from the streets or online, the most important thing is that the project he initiated has ended in his favour.
Dear bigx,
I remember participating in voting in that thread, that was just before cartalk was created right?

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
For those who are surprised how bad Car Talk section has degenerated to, I am not. I really pity the serious minded ones that still try to be active in this section, depending on how many left in this section.

Even the most basic preventative maintenance work (engine oil change), I don't bother doing it myself anymore. It cost me only N1,000 to drive into a Total fuel station and have it done there, the way I want it done. However, no one has replaced my Peugeot 505 V6 brake pads, except by myself, ever since I own the lion from 2010 till date (both front and rear brake pads). Even the simple thing like changing the engine oil on that lion, I still do it myself. I have given the lion to only one 504/505 mechanic in Abuja for few strenuous works/repairs on the lion, under my supervision or instructions, but never brake pad replacements (maybe will start doing it in future). Not that the brake pad replacements are special work, but I enjoy working on that lion, more than my other lions.

It's very easy for some attention seekers to go online and lie against someone. But I really don't understand how people believe everything people claim online about others with no proof.

As for the ones claiming the Z9 V6 transmission conversion I did is a common knowledge and have been successfully done hundreds of times in Nigeria, it showed how ignorant they are and being boastful about it at the same time. Z8 is not Z9. Z8 V6 Auto was designed to be converted to Manual, but Z9 V6 was not (both mechanically and electrically). The mechanicals and electricals of Z8 V6 & Z9 V6 are completely different. Z9 V6 is wider than Z8 V6. Z8 V6 CV joints and drive shafts are different from Z9 V6. Z8 V6 has both auto and Manual Engine ECUs, while Z9 V6 has only Auto (no manual) engine ECU configured to work only with Automatic transmission. Z8 electrical is similar to D9, while Z9 is completely different.

To successfully do the conversion to work as if it was factory from new, I had to source parts for the conversion from 3 different lion models which cost fortunate to gather, start and conclude. I did the conversion so well that even automatic gearbox fault & PRND warnings are not showing on the MFD and instrument panel, which is usually an issue on 99.9% Peugeot cars converted from Auto to Manual Transmissions. Not even ABS/ESP ECU that is configured on the Z9 V6 to work only with Auto gearbox is showing any warning sign. Yes, I am that good with Peugeot electrical systems.

Converting a Z9 V6 is similar as Converting a D2 V6 Saloon from Auto to Manual. How many people have successfully done it? Where are your proofs? Even 407 V6 has Manual Engine ECU which makes it easier to convert than phase Z9 V6 with ES9A. It's possible that someone else has done it. I would like to know, not claiming what you have no clue.

Claiming that conversion of Z9 V6 to Manual requires only Peugeot 406 parts is a fooolish thing to say, not just being ignorant. It means whoever that made that claim have no clue what Z9 is made up.

Claiming that Z9 V6 automatic transmission is the most unreliable automatic gearbox in the world is directly saying all Japanese automatic gearboxes, including the ones in Toyota Vehicles, are the most unreliable automatic Transmissions ever produced in the world. You are so ignorant of Z9 systems that you didn't know it's a Japanese gearbox also use in Toyota Vehicles and other brands.

I am yet to meet any Nigerian that removed a perfectly working automatic gearbox and swapped in a manual gearbox, which was what I did. Yes, I am that crazy. I wouldn't be a Monk if I wasn't crazy.

Reason why I shared about this my successful Z9 V6 Stick-Shift conversion here in this section was because a lot of people are scared to do it, considering how Peugeot designed the Z9 V6, mechanically and electrically. If I could do it, anybody else can. All you need is courage and technical know how. No one online (globally) has successfully done the conversion, unless it wasn't posted online (or I am yet to find one).

Best you can do is hate me and my success. But you can never be me.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by udemzyudex(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
buygala:

I can see bitterness all over you and all over your post.
Someone embark on a project, and achieved it and he went on to open a thread to celebrate it, I really wonder why some of you are so bitter?

No be new thing for North, fine but you don ever do such project on your own?
You're grown ooo.

11 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
I really hate how these people call their crappy French buckets "Lions".

And yes, I know why they do it. It's still just so obnoxious. angry

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by soilessfarms: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Well done Ikenna, job well done. I am a subscriber to your youtube channel. Keep your head up man

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
I really hate how these people call their crappy French buckets "Lions".

And yes, I know why they do it. It's still just so obnoxious. angry

Hate speech.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Hate speech.

The truth must never be hidden. wink

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by bigx(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
It's tiring.

yungboss:

These days you hardly find a thread in cartalk that doesn't deteriorate or dematerialize from the subject.
It basically always ends in name-calling, highly offensive criticism or repulsive inputs.

Though we are all faceless, but as people who love/like the cars we drive, we should also learn the habits of spreading positivity and respect, whether we think Peugeot is reliable or not or the Op sought knowledge from the streets or online, the most important thing is that the project he initiated has ended in his favour.
Dear bigx,
I remember participating in voting in that thread, that was just before cartalk was created right?

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
My bro told me he usually avoid clicking on the nairaland link each time he searches google.... It's starting to look like he was right...imagine someone in UK visiting this thread about 607 for the first time, instead of seeing intellectual and professional contributions, look at the crap Nigerian youths are spewing out.

yungboss:

Dear bigx,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
NobleEngineer:
My bro told me he usually avoid clicking on the nairaland link each time he searches google.... It's starting to look like he was right...imagine someone in UK visiting this thread about 607 for the first time, instead of seeing intellectual and professional contributions, look at the crap Nigerian youths are spewing out.

And yet, here you are, contributing to the cesspit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
You're among the ppu I've been trying to avoid on this forum, pls stay your lane !!!
HeavenlyBang:

And yet, here you are, contributing to the cesspit.

20 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
NobleEngineer:
You're among the ppu I've been trying to avoid on this forum, pls stay your lane !!!

Lol, dem don terrorize this one. grin

4 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dem? who are dem dem never reach!!!
However I see what dem dey do to others.
Dem need to grow up to grow this society.

Stop derailing this thread for us pls I take God beg you.
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, dem don terrorize this one. grin

10 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by dicksonadams(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Ikenna351:
For those who are surprised how bad Car Talk section has degenerated to, I am not. I really pity the serious minded ones that still try to be active in this section, depending on how many left in this section.

Even the most basic preventative maintenance work (engine oil change), I don't bother doing it myself anymore. It cost me only N1,000 to drive into a Total fuel station and have it done there, the way I want it done. However, no one has replaced my Peugeot 505 V6 brake pads, except by myself, ever since I own the lion from 2010 till date (both front and rear brake pads). Even the simple thing like changing the engine oil on that lion, I still do it myself. I have given the lion to only one 504/505 mechanic in Abuja for few strenuous works/repairs on the lion, under my supervision or instructions, but never brake pad replacements (maybe will start doing it in future). Not that the brake pad replacements are special work, but I enjoy working on that lion, more than my other lions.

It's very easy for some attention seekers to go online and lie against someone. But I really don't understand how people believe everything people claim online about others with no proof.

As for the ones claiming the Z9 V6 transmission conversion I did is a common knowledge and have been successfully done hundreds of times in Nigeria, it showed how ignorant they are and being boastful about it at the same time. Z8 is not Z9. Z8 V6 Auto was designed to be converted to Manual, but Z9 V6 was not (both mechanically and electrically). The mechanicals and electricals of Z8 V6 & Z9 V6 are completely different. Z9 V6 is wider than Z8 V6. Z8 V6 CV joints and drive shafts are different from Z9 V6. Z8 V6 has both auto and Manual Engine ECUs, while Z9 V6 has only Auto (no manual) engine ECU configured to work only with Automatic transmission. Z8 electrical is similar to D9, while Z9 is completely different.

To successfully do the conversion to work as if it was factory from new, I had to source parts for the conversion from 3 different lion models which cost fortunate to gather, start and conclude. I did the conversion so well that even automatic gearbox fault & PRND warnings are not showing on the MFD and instrument panel, which is usually an issue on 99.9% Peugeot cars converted from Auto to Manual Transmissions. Not even ABS/ESP ECU that is configured on the Z9 V6 to work only with Auto gearbox is showing any warning sign. Yes, I am that good with Peugeot electrical systems.

Converting a Z9 V6 is similar as Converting a D2 V6 Saloon from Auto to Manual. How many people have successfully done it? Where are your proofs? Even 407 V6 has Manual Engine ECU which makes it easier to convert than phase Z9 V6 with ES9A. It's possible that someone else has done it. I would like to know, not claiming what you have no clue.

Claiming that conversion of Z9 V6 to Manual requires only Peugeot 406 parts is a fooolish thing to say, not just being ignorant. It means whoever that made that claim have no clue what Z9 is made up.

Claiming that Z9 V6 automatic transmission is the most unreliable automatic gearbox in the world is directly saying all Japanese automatic gearboxes, including the ones in Toyota Vehicles, are the most unreliable automatic Transmissions ever produced in the world. You are so ignorant of Z9 systems that you didn't know it's a Japanese gearbox also use in Toyota Vehicles and other brands.

I am yet to meet any Nigerian that removed a perfectly working automatic gearbox and swapped in a manual gearbox, which was what I did. Yes, I am that crazy. I wouldn't be a Monk if I wasn't crazy.

Reason why I shared about this my successful Z9 V6 Stick-Shift conversion here in this section was because a lot of people are scared to do it, considering how Peugeot designed the Z9 V6, mechanically and electrically. If I could do it, anybody else can. All you need is courage and technical know how. No one online (globally) has successfully done the conversion, unless it wasn't posted online (or I am yet to find one).

Best you can do is hate me and my success. But you can never be me.

Boss looking forward to a YouTube review on this
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Praxtech: 5:33am On Jun 06, 2020
ivoryhouse:

This is not nice at all. You sound like you have scores to settle with him. We don't care who else has done it, neither do we care where they did it. He's achieved his goal and successfully too and he's therefore entitled to celebrate. Maybe you should create a thread on the Kaduna boys so those in Kaduna and perhaps even Abuja, that need their services can reach out to them. Stop hating, it's detrimental to your health
Shut up.
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Praxtech: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Alfred74:

The day I lost respect for you was when I saw Kazeem replacing your 505 brake pads in akpo abuja .

You are a textbook mechanic and scanner mechanic , but not hands on. Roadside mechanics do all the work for you.

What you did there has been done hundreds of time here in Kaduna by road side mechanics. All you need are Peugeot 406 parts.

607 has the most unreliable transmission known to mankind, and it frustrated you too.

Enjoy your 5 seconds of fame, and share the glory with the guys that did the actual work.

Woooosh!!

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Praxtech: 5:35am On Jun 06, 2020
dicksonadams:

Everyone na boss to you... Me o, kingreig.n o, heavenlyb.ang o, gazz.uzz o,

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Alfred74: 6:52am On Jun 06, 2020
Praxtech:

Everyone na boss to you... Me o, kingreig.n o, heavenlyb.ang o, gazz.uzz o,

DicksonAdams Worst ass licker on this forum. Prasies you with one moniker, then pulls you down with another.

7 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Alfred74: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2020
dicksonadams:

It will never happen, because he didn't do it.

When real man do stuff like this , they take us through the process, they don't show us a bottle of small stout.

No one wants your copyright knowledge of how it was done.

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDre_OFN_68

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Alfred74:

The day I lost respect for you was when I saw Kazeem replacing your 505 brake pads in akpo abuja .

You are a textbook mechanic and scanner mechanic , but not hands on. Roadside mechanics do all the work for you.

What you did there has been done hundreds of time here in Kaduna by road side mechanics. All you need are Peugeot 406 parts.

607 has the most unreliable transmission known to mankind, and it frustrated you too.

Enjoy your 5 seconds of fame, and share the glory with the guys that did the actual work.
You lost respect for him because kazeem fixed his brake pads�������������������������������.............you are just a hater, can cartalk not just be a place we talk about our projects, everybody wows,make contributions.constructively criticise and sleep...... Every small thing una go ne dey drag people.

10 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Ikenna351:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDre_OFN_68

Ikenna carry on jare, i miss all those your trip threads.You are doing well sir

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by PipTick: 3:25am On Jun 07, 2020
What is seriously wrong with @HeavenlyBang, @Kingreign?

Must every ingenious act come from Gazzuzz before you say something positive?

I've followed @Ikenna351 for a long time and I respect his work. His long trips are a beauty to read on this lovely forum.

Stop being silly!

Children with internet.

12 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by kingreign(m): 4:16am On Jun 07, 2020
PipTick:
[s]What is seriously wrong with @HeavenlyBang, @Kingreign?

Must every ingenious act come from Gazzuzz before you say something positive?

I've followed @Ikenna351 for a long time and I respect his work. His long trips are a beauty to read on this lovely forum.

Stop being silly!

Children with internet[/s].

You must be incredibly ïďïotic to have mentioned my moniker in your skewed comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where In Lagos Are The Best Car Washes / What Does It Mean For A Car Trim To Be 'limited' & Another 'unlimited'. / How To Get Doctor's Report For Tinted Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.