Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,045 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:59 AM

Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! (20238 Views)

Conversion Of V6 To 4cylinder EOD Possible? / Can I Change A Pencil V6 To A V4 / Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by AutoMoTech(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
NobleEngineer:

okay pls keep us updated when you begin operation. we dey ilorin
No wahala chief... Na work space i need. Biko if you find one or know any better location holla.
Anyhow we go hook up for ilorin
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2020
The Rear Sunblind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvqW-pEa6o

Lion King - Monk.
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2020
Na wa o, this one still follow for feature? grin grin
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by NobleEngineer(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Na wa o, this one still follow for feature? grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Chilled & Enjoyable on Long Distance Trips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHCFSS5w_ss

Ready & Always Responding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBy_SxAzu0

Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
Stepping out of your lion on a journey to buy some local stuffs and they are staring at your lion (probably wondering what a strange car).

It takes a lot of courage and discipline on life choices to choose differently from the crowd.

Lion King - Monk

4 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2020
Preventative maintenance is what guarantees years of trouble-free Peugeot vehicle ownership & motoring.

Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
I have been driving my Z9 V6 Stick-Shift for 5 days now without visiting fuel station. This night, the fuel gauge caught my attention. The position of the indicator on the gauge was interesting, considering where it was 5 days ago when I drove out from Total fuel station. It was as if I was driving a 3-cylinder engine without touching accelerator pedal.

I set out to convert this lion to Stick-Shift (purely for spirited drives), but ended up gaining lower fuel consumption (even though I was ok with the higher fuel consumption when he had auto gearbox). Considering that my daily drive is about 80% fun drive (high rpm & hard braking), I now get to utilize the full Engine power with little fuel consumption. The world claimed "You Can't Eat Your Cake and Have It". I would tell them, "You haven't met my Z9."

The consumption has become so little like my D9 V6 Stick-Shift, even with the weight differences of both lions. The conversion transformed the lion to selfishly make me happier, beyond my expectations. My Z9 is likely the only Z9 V6 Stick-Shift (petrol) that exist and/or ever existed.

I have never given a rip to people's opinions when it comes to what I want for me. The outcome of My choice of cars, choice of powertrains & modifications I do on them have been some of the proofs that "thinking for myself" always work out for me.

Thank you Peugeot for making this wonderful vehicle that have been serving me so well (so trouble-free).

Lion King - Monk.

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Soon (this year), I will begin Conversion of Peugeot 407 V6 Auto to Stick-Shift for people who are interested. But you have to be willing to spend with your heart, not with your head, for it's not a plug & play conversion (the conversion must be to my standard, not sub-standard or abuse of Lions in the name of conversion).

Stay tuned!

Lion King - Monk.

4 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
YEEHAW! AT LAST, A 6-SPEED STICK-SHIFT PEUGEOT 607 PHASE II Z9 V6 PETROL.

Yes, my Z9 not only possibly the only Stick-Shift V6 petrol that exist or ever existed in the world, but also a 6-speed Stick-Shift V6 Z9 ever. He is now more sporty and more fun (thanks to the shorter gear ratios), as rpm climbs to red zone quicker when on fun drive (have zero interest on fuel economy attached to the gearbox).

THE MAKING:
The original project which started in January 2020 was to transform the lion into a 6-speed Stick-Shift maniac. But as getting a factory already made gearbox was hard and taking too long to find, I modified the project to be a 6-speed Stick-Shift conversion that can work with available 5-speed Stick-Shift gearbox. So that whenever I find the 6sp, I will swap the gearbox without changing any other ( or less) component. So, I successfully did it by May 2020 and the lion was transformed to what I want.

By November, I commenced search for the 6sp box the 2nd time. This time, I also decided to include another option, (if possible, to create a 6sp Stick-Shift gearbox that could work with the current systems in the vehicle, apart from the already made factory one. The research took about 3 weeks to conclude, which I was convinced to go with the option 2. Of all the gearboxes I researched on, only 2 have internal & external components I can interchange to create one 6-speed Stick-Shift gearbox out of the two and that will also work perfectly with the current manual gearbox components on the lion without need to replace anything other than the gearbox, as intended.

I purchased one of the gearboxes needed for the small project/research, while the 2nd gearbox for the project was donated to me. Likewise, my research proved that I will have to modify one of the current clutch components on the lion for the gearbox I intended to create to work with the entire clutch systems, gearbox and the engine. I sourced for what I needed to do the clutch modifications and interestingly, were donated to me as well.

Long story short, both gearboxes were opened and necessary parts were swapped to form another gearbox out of the two. Likewise, i modified and created one clutch disc out of two clutch discs that work with both gearboxes gathered for the project (used about 4 discs for the experiment and chose the best one that turned out perfect).

I swapped the newly created 6-speed Stick-Shift gearbox with the 5-speed Stick-Shift box in the car, including the clutch disc. And the dream became a reality.

APPRECIATION :
I thank and appreciate Mr David (a client) that donated one of the gearboxes as contribution to the project. I also appreciate the 2 Peugeot part dealers (Mr Chika & Mr Tochukwu) that donated 2 clutch discs for the project, which they both said was a "crazy idea", but wanted to help me succeed since they already know what I am capable of. I also appreciate other few people that contributed positively to the project, both offline and online.

CONCLUSION :
Like I said earlier, no one is stopping or preventing you from Living Your Dreams. You can choose to blame the government, a thing, conditions or people as hindrance or reasons why you can't live that dream. Or you can roll up your sleeves and make that happen, by making the best use of what you have, able, capable or capacity in your control to make it happen. You can choose public opinions, people's acceptance or external validations before you consider your wants/desires to go for that have nothing to do with anyone else. Or you can cut off all the noise, distractions, naysayers, haters and turn negatives around you to positives for yourself, the best you can. No moment repeat itself or goes back. You either make the next one count for you or you let it become a waste like previous ones which you can never get back, as you near your grave or last breath in this physical life. Your positive desires or wants are being inspired internally for your own happiness or wellbeing, no matter how crazy other people think they are. You can choose to let majority of people kill those dreams that meant to benefit you. Or you can choose to discuss that only with one or few individuals (if you have to) you know will add value to those positive wants, desires or ideas you received within for a reason, even if you are not capable to turn them into a reality at the time.

My Z9 Conversion Project to 5-speed and finally 6-speed Stick-Shift is not the craziest conversion ever done in the world. But this is a car that is hated so much by majority of human beings on this earth, and mine has become an icon which proves them wrong. Naysayers and haters have been in all spiritual books I have come across. You are the fool to allow them make you a victim.

If I could do it, anyone else can, depending on how bad you want what you want.

If I could be enjoying my Peugeot 607 Phase II, anyone else can, depending on how mature or immature you are when making life choices and decisions, by making them yourself or letting other people do it for you.

My Z9 V6 Stick-Shift Conversion Project is finally concluded and closed.

Lion King - Monk.

5 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by aieromon(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2021
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Stanleyallen17(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Keep living your dreams.
Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
SECRET TO OWNING A Z9 (PEUGEOT 607 PHASE II 2005 - 2010)

Had a brief hangout with another petrol Z9 V6 Auto owner few days ago, who also own a petrol Z8 V6 Stick-Shift . Fortunately, we both drove our Z9s to the venue, as both cars were staring back at us as we stare and appreciate them. When I asked him about some Electrical issues his Z9 was giving him about 2 years ago, he said he removed the wrong battery previously in the lion and mounted a recommended battery Ah in the Z9 and after awhile, the whole issues disappeared, without any further diagnosis or repair. As he said, it was then he understood all I have been telling him concerning the Electricals on the lion and the need not to take them for granted.

The 62Ah - 75Ah battery he was using in the lion back then could start and run the Engine, because those batteries had enough cranking powers for the Engine, but not enough power for the entire vehicle systems. Z9 was designed to run with 100 Ah battery (at least, minimum of 95Ah), but he took Peugeot instruction for granted and suffered the consequences. He assumed his Z9 Electricals were like his Z8. Well, he knows better now. He isn't the only one that takes Z9 battery capacity and electricals for granted. The Z9 hates having the battery disconnected and reconnected all the time. Their systems are so complex that even when battery is disconnected or removed, the vehicle still stores some power for some Electrical components in the vehicle. Some Nigerians complain a lot about D2 (407) Electricals. They haven't met Z9. Even looking at the complex stuff attached on Z9 battery positive terminal, is enough to warn users not to mess with the battery. Even jump starting Z9 with a 2nd battery can mess up its brain sometimes. Safer to use the donor battery to open the booth from engine bay and swap in the good battery (if the car one is drained already), than to crank with both, even though it's written you can do it. As he said, his understanding of his Z9 Electricals now has made him appreciate the lion more.

Z9 is a luxury vehicle, which places a lot of demand on his Electricals as the vehicle runs. As such, anyone who can't live without abusing his vehicle shouldn't ever consider Z9 ownership. However, as complex as the Electricals on the Z9 are, they were also improvements on Z8 Electricals they succeeded. Some Z8 Issues were sorted out in Z9, such as unexplained both direction indicators blinking on their own without going off or vehicle suddenly applying brake by himself without driver touching the brake pedal (both which can be fixed though). It doesn't mean Z9 doesn't have his downside though. But you would hardly experience them if you don't mess with their Electricals.

Was discussing with a Kenyan (Vic Sambu) on a long online chat not long ago, where he educated me on 2.7 HDi diagnosis and repairs on Z9 V6 HDi. I enjoyed his teaching which has made it encouraging for me to own and experience diesel lion. But the idea that it would be more difficult and expensive to convert one from auto to Stick-Shift in this part of the world where I would have to source & import every bit of the heavy mechanical components needed for the Conversion, turned me off, considering all Z9 V6 HDi had Automatic transmission from new. Like I told him, maybe on another lion with different HDi Engine someday. So the Z9 was offered in 2 V6 Engines, a petrol and a diesel. The Petrol has more hp, while the diesel has more torque. May be a hard choice for some, but for me, the transmission always determine my own choice (zero interest how much power an engine possess if the transmission is not Stick-Shift and I can't easily convert it to one). Notwithstanding the huge torquey figures the V6 HDi in Z9 posses, the petrol V6 makes Z9 very zippy and fun to rev. I love it when I rev to 6,500 rpm as the lion surges angrily ahead (very sweet to listen to). You would think you are driving a 206 with 2.2i EW12J4 engine, the way the 3.0i petrol V6 engine moves the big Z9. Can't comment on the 2.7 HDi V6 performance on Z9 since I haven't test driven one, yet. Notwithstanding, I know some people have V6 phobia, so they are not left out of Z9 options. Aside the 2.0 & 2.2 HDi Engines, Z9 also offered a 2.2i petrol engine (EW12J4). The early Z9 with 2.2i from late 2004 offered both auto and Stick-Shift gearboxes, but the auto was discontinued in subsequent years. I honestly wouldn't recommend the 2.2i with auto on Z9 if you are the fun drive type, considering how lousy I found the Z8 with same Engine and transmission ( ZF HP20) which was very unpredictable to respond to your command most times when you needed quick downshift for quick acceleration/overtake. But for Z9 with 2.2i Engine & the 6-speed Stick-Shift, that's the car I would recommend to anyone interested in having fun driving a non V6 Z9 (no experience with the 2.0 & 2.2 HDi Z9 Stick-Shifts yet). I test drove a Z9 with EW12J4 Stick-shift once and loved the experience. Though most don't come fully equipped like the V6 ones, but men, it all goes out of the mind the moment you gear one forward. Very responsive and Smart. Yes, not as quick as the v6 petrol, but like I said, it's enough to enjoy the drive. If you care for my advice, if you prefer automatic in Z9, get the V6 (AM6). The annoying attitude of the 2.2i automatic could be why Peugeot discontinued that transmission in subsequent Z9 productions and kept the spirited smart 6-speed Stick-shift Gearbox for that engine. It matched the engine power and torque (3FY) perfectly well. I was wondering why Peugeot didn't mount 2.0i EW10A Engine in Z9 since the production of the engine was on at the time of Z9 productions too. It would have made sense. But I know it wouldn't sell in a place like Nigeria as 2nd hand buy, considering how majority of Nigerians avoid that engine like plague in other Lion models.

One of the areas Z9 V6 versions impress me is on their suspensions. Powerful, rugged, much simpler, cheaper and less complex than the smaller non-luxury versions of Z9 (D2 V6 - 407). The Z9 V6 suspension is so powerful in performance better than even the W2 (508 - 1st generation). Downside is harsh ride on rough roads, while the W2 is softer and better in comfort on such road conditions. But on performance, W2 is not close to how that suspension design/gum Z9 V6 to the ground as speed continues to increase. I have driven quite a number of W2 and would feel the vehicle speed at some point as speed continues to increase, unlike the Z9 V6 & D2 V6 that you only know the speed by what their speedometers indicate or how other vehicles are moving backward. I have had an experience in my Z9 V6 where my physical body would have turned to sand long ago, but the car suspension is why I am still breathing. One of the things Peugeot is good at is, they don't just plant powerful engines in their lions and call it a day. They modify or mount commensurate suspensions to match those engines powers compare to the versions with lesser powers. Their shock absorbers can be pricey though when the replacement time comes (not as pricey as the D2 V6 though), but every other suspension components is just as simple and rugged as the D9 (406). Even the rear suspension is similar to his predecessor (605), which sometimes looks so identical. Z8 V6 share similar suspensions to Z9 V6 as well. I remember a trip I did onetime with my Z9 V6 and I emptied about 200 kg luggage in the booth and they were all swallowed in without showing the car had such load (huge/big booth). Even the rear suspension kept adjusting the rear end of the lion to be on same level with the front end, as I was dropping those loads inside the booth (four 25k bags of rice and other stuffs that appeared even heavier than those 4 bags of rice). I couldn't believe the suspension set up/design was that good until that moment. However, if you are concerned about the harsh nature of the Z9 V6 suspensions, you may consider the 4-cylinder engine versions. They offer softer ride, comfort & cheaper (the shock absorbers).

Interior is like a sitting room. No matter how tall you are, the front leg room is so huge that your foots might not touch the pedals if you keep shifting the seats back and Still have some space for the rear passenger foot well/leg room. However, I would point out the front driver's seat isn't as comfy as D9 Coupé & D2 Coupé driver's seats. But the Z9 rear seats are among the best regarding comfort. The rear headrest are among the best for relaxation. They are curved to swallow the shape of human heads without shifting them out while the car moves and shakes on rough roads (so perfect for relaxation). But then, they are luxury cars, usually targeted for occupants on rear seats comfort more than the front occupants.

There are a lot of rubbish vomited online and offline by some stupid people on Z9 who have never smelt a Z9 key, sat in one, test driven one, diagnose one, repair one or let alone own one, and yet suddenly are experts in Z9, telling people how bad, problematic or "unreliable" Z9s are. Some of them bitching about how bad Z9 are have actually owned one at some point or currently do, but usually bought abused ones or abused their Z9s by themselves and blaming their vehicles to others to feel good that it wasn't their fault . The good thing that comes out of it is, it didn't stop someone like me and others enjoying ours from doing so or getting one in the first place. I am so happy to have ended up with one of the best engineering world ever had, even with few of his imperfections, just like every other vehicle.

Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Kingdemu: 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ikenna351:
SECRET TO OWNING A Z9 (PEUGEOT 607 PHASE II 2005 - 2010)

Had a brief hangout with another petrol Z9 V6 Auto owner few days ago, who also own a petrol Z8 V6 Stick-Shift . Fortunately, we both drove our Z9s to the venue, as both cars were staring back at us as we stare and appreciate them. When I asked him about some Electrical issues his Z9 was giving him about 2 years ago, he said he removed the wrong battery previously in the lion and mounted a recommended battery Ah in the Z9 and after awhile, the whole issues disappeared, without any further diagnosis or repair. As he said, it was then he understood all I have been telling him concerning the Electricals on the lion and the need not to take them for granted.

The 62Ah - 75Ah battery he was using in the lion back then could start and run the Engine, because those batteries had enough cranking powers for the Engine, but not enough power for the entire vehicle systems. Z9 was designed to run with 100 Ah battery (at least, minimum of 95Ah), but he took Peugeot instruction for granted and suffered the consequences. He assumed his Z9 Electricals were like his Z8. Well, he knows better now. He isn't the only one that takes Z9 battery capacity and electricals for granted. The Z9 hates having the battery disconnected and reconnected all the time. Their systems are so complex that even when battery is disconnected or removed, the vehicle still stores some power for some Electrical components in the vehicle. Some Nigerians complain a lot about D2 (407) Electricals. They haven't met Z9. Even looking at the complex stuff attached on Z9 battery positive terminal, is enough to warn users not to mess with the battery. Even jump starting Z9 with a 2nd battery can mess up its brain sometimes. Safer to use the donor battery to open the booth from engine bay and swap in the good battery (if the car one is drained already), than to crank with both, even though it's written you can do it. As he said, his understanding of his Z9 Electricals now has made him appreciate the lion more.

Z9 is a luxury vehicle, which places a lot of demand on his Electricals as the vehicle runs. As such, anyone who can't live without abusing his vehicle shouldn't ever consider Z9 ownership. However, as complex as the Electricals on the Z9 are, they were also improvements on Z8 Electricals they succeeded. Some Z8 Issues were sorted out in Z9, such as unexplained both direction indicators blinking on their own without going off or vehicle suddenly applying brake by himself without driver touching the brake pedal (both which can be fixed though). It doesn't mean Z9 doesn't have his downside though. But you would hardly experience them if you don't mess with their Electricals.

Was discussing with a Kenyan (Vic Sambu) on a long online chat not long ago, where he educated me on 2.7 HDi diagnosis and repairs on Z9 V6 HDi. I enjoyed his teaching which has made it encouraging for me to own and experience diesel lion. But the idea that it would be more difficult and expensive to convert one from auto to Stick-Shift in this part of the world where I would have to source & import every bit of the heavy mechanical components needed for the Conversion, turned me off, considering all Z9 V6 HDi had Automatic transmission from new. Like I told him, maybe on another lion with different HDi Engine someday. So the Z9 was offered in 2 V6 Engines, a petrol and a diesel. The Petrol has more hp, while the diesel has more torque. May be a hard choice for some, but for me, the transmission always determine my own choice (zero interest how much power an engine possess if the transmission is not Stick-Shift and I can't easily convert it to one). Notwithstanding the huge torquey figures the V6 HDi in Z9 posses, the petrol V6 makes Z9 very zippy and fun to rev. I love it when I rev to 6,500 rpm as the lion surges angrily ahead (very sweet to listen to). You would think you are driving a 206 with 2.2i EW12J4 engine, the way the 3.0i petrol V6 engine moves the big Z9. Can't comment on the 2.7 HDi V6 performance on Z9 since I haven't test driven one, yet. Notwithstanding, I know some people have V6 phobia, so they are not left out of Z9 options. Aside the 2.0 & 2.2 HDi Engines, Z9 also offered a 2.2i petrol engine (EW12J4). The early Z9 with 2.2i from late 2004 offered both auto and Stick-Shift gearboxes, but the auto was discontinued in subsequent years. I honestly wouldn't recommend the 2.2i with auto on Z9 if you are the fun drive type, considering how lousy I found the Z8 with same Engine and transmission ( ZF HP20) which was very unpredictable to respond to your command most times when you needed quick downshift for quick acceleration/overtake. But for Z9 with 2.2i Engine & the 6-speed Stick-Shift, that's the car I would recommend to anyone interested in having fun driving a non V6 Z9 (no experience with the 2.0 & 2.2 HDi Z9 Stick-Shifts yet). I test drove a Z9 with EW12J4 Stick-shift once and loved the experience. Though most don't come fully equipped like the V6 ones, but men, it all goes out of the mind the moment you gear one forward. Very responsive and Smart. Yes, not as quick as the v6 petrol, but like I said, it's enough to enjoy the drive. If you care for my advice, if you prefer automatic in Z9, get the V6 (AM6). The annoying attitude of the 2.2i automatic could be why Peugeot discontinued that transmission in subsequent Z9 productions and kept the spirited smart 6-speed Stick-shift Gearbox for that engine. It matched the engine power and torque (3FY) perfectly well. I was wondering why Peugeot didn't mount 2.0i EW10A Engine in Z9 since the production of the engine was on at the time of Z9 productions too. It would have made sense. But I know it wouldn't sell in a place like Nigeria as 2nd hand buy, considering how majority of Nigerians avoid that engine like plague in other Lion models.

One of the areas Z9 V6 versions impress me is on their suspensions. Powerful, rugged, much simpler, cheaper and less complex than the smaller non-luxury versions of Z9 (D2 V6 - 407). The Z9 V6 suspension is so powerful in performance better than even the W2 (508 - 1st generation). Downside is harsh ride on rough roads, while the W2 is softer and better in comfort on such road conditions. But on performance, W2 is not close to how that suspension design/gum Z9 V6 to the ground as speed continues to increase. I have driven quite a number of W2 and would feel the vehicle speed at some point as speed continues to increase, unlike the Z9 V6 & D2 V6 that you only know the speed by what their speedometers indicate or how other vehicles are moving backward. I have had an experience in my Z9 V6 where my physical body would have turned to sand long ago, but the car suspension is why I am still breathing. One of the things Peugeot is good at is, they don't just plant powerful engines in their lions and call it a day. They modify or mount commensurate suspensions to match those engines powers compare to the versions with lesser powers. Their shock absorbers can be pricey though when the replacement time comes (not as pricey as the D2 V6 though), but every other suspension components is just as simple and rugged as the D9 (406). Even the rear suspension is similar to his predecessor (605), which sometimes looks so identical. Z8 V6 share similar suspensions to Z9 V6 as well. I remember a trip I did onetime with my Z9 V6 and I emptied about 200 kg luggage in the booth and they were all swallowed in without showing the car had such load (huge/big booth). Even the rear suspension kept adjusting the rear end of the lion to be on same level with the front end, as I was dropping those loads inside the booth (four 25k bags of rice and other stuffs that appeared even heavier than those 4 bags of rice). I couldn't believe the suspension set up/design was that good until that moment. However, if you are concerned about the harsh nature of the Z9 V6 suspensions, you may consider the 4-cylinder engine versions. They offer softer ride, comfort & cheaper (the shock absorbers).

Interior is like a sitting room. No matter how tall you are, the front leg room is so huge that your foots might not touch the pedals if you keep shifting the seats back and Still have some space for the rear passenger foot well/leg room. However, I would point out the front driver's seat isn't as comfy as D9 Coupé & D2 Coupé driver's seats. But the Z9 rear seats are among the best regarding comfort. The rear headrest are among the best for relaxation. They are curved to swallow the shape of human heads without shifting them out while the car moves and shakes on rough roads (so perfect for relaxation). But then, they are luxury cars, usually targeted for occupants on rear seats comfort more than the front occupants.

There are a lot of rubbish vomited online and offline by some stupid people on Z9 who have never smelt a Z9 key, sat in one, test driven one, diagnose one, repair one or let alone own one, and yet suddenly are experts in Z9, telling people how bad, problematic or "unreliable" Z9s are. Some of them bitching about how bad Z9 are have actually owned one at some point or currently do, but usually bought abused ones or abused their Z9s by themselves and blaming their vehicles to others to feel good that it wasn't their fault . The good thing that comes out of it is, it didn't stop someone like me and others enjoying ours from doing so or getting one in the first place. I am so happy to have ended up with one of the best engineering world ever had, even with few of his imperfections, just like every other vehicle.

Lion King - Monk.
Ever heard of a thing called summary?

2 Likes

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
2 V6 Lions hanging out at.... (with a client, having good time with some bottles and pepperish chewables).

Lion King - Monk.

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 10:36pm On May 01, 2021
A Dependable Lion After Peugeot 406?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RML_zHwNQ0c

Lion King - Monk.

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by zabimaru: 8:09am On May 02, 2021
Ikenna351:
A Dependable Lion After Peugeot 406?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RML_zHwNQ0c

Lion King - Monk.
mazi monk, ana lee?
Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 5:43am On Jul 18, 2021
Yesterday, 16th July , was National Stick-Shift day (worldwide) which didn't pass by without me having a good time, rowing the gears all day in joy. It was bit of dilemma which of the lion to celebrate such a day with, but ended up jumping into the one with shortest gear ratios for the day, which allowed me to engage more in the shifting activity, unlike the others. Damn, I still remember vividly how the vehicle reacted when the engine hit the sweet spot on gear 4 yesterday evening, while I hold it there as long as my joy could allow, listening to the ES9A growl.

For the die-hard Stick-Shift fellows, wish you happier fun motoring experiences till next 16th July.

Lion-King Monk.

1 Like

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
MY STICK-SHIFT PEUGEOT 406 V6 (D9) vs PEUGEOT 607 V6 (Z9): FINAL DRIVE.

I was always wondering why none of the EW10J4S have 6-speed manual gearbox attached from new, after my first test drive of Peugeot 307 Feline with the 180hp engine & 5-speed manual. The current hybrid Stick-Shift box in my Z9 V6 gave me the answer to why Peugeot chose the 5-speed on them instead, which reminded me how much fun I had behind that feline wheel on expressway, without knowing why, thinking the why was just the 180hp. It was actually the engine sweet spot, made possible by the specific gearbox attached. In other words, the final drive.

The hybrid 6-speed Stick-Shift gearbox I created (currently in my Z9 V6), out of two Peugeot manual gearboxes, is pretty amazing because of the final drive I used. The most fun high torque low rpm geared experiences i ever had in my entire motoring experiences so far. I could literally overtake at any time, on any speed and on any gear. It is as driving a high torque diesel Stick-Shift car. It doesn't matter how low the rpm is on the 4th, 5th or 6th gear. Depressing accelerator pedal a little bit lower would surge the car violently forward as if I downshifted to gear 3 under higher acceleration. Like I said, it's amazing how the lion behaves now. But then, there is always a price attached.

I remember vividly while I was doing the 6-speed Stick-Shift conversion on the Z9, that I had intention to carryout same conversion on my D9 V6, if the Z9 V6 proved successful. But each time I entered my D9 after the Z9 6-speed Stick-Shift conversion and geared the lion into motion on expressway, it would become obvious that I was missing something dear to me on the Z9 with the hybrid gearbox. And that is the ES V6 sweet spot , which the D9 constantly reminds me of. I truly miss the ES V6 sweet spot in the Z9 because of the final drive I used in the hybrid gearbox.

The final drive in my 5-speed in my D9 V6 is very tall (4.06), but a perfect match for the engine sweet spot which is from around 4,500 - 6,700 rpm. That's where the joy of the 210hp comes fully into action, while the V6 growl sounds more sweeter to listen to. But the shorter final drive (4.92) which I used on the current Z9 V6 gearbox (same engine) hurts the hp around 4,000 rpm, to the point that pushing it beyond the 4,000 rpm becomes pointless and just a waste of fuel, for the full 211hp is already lost at that rpm and the engine sweet spot gone too. Yes, I gained on the torque (very huge that I never imagined the engine posses) on lower rpm in the Z9 with the current set up in the gearbox, but lost the hp on higher rpm. It has been a big dilemma choosing which of the 2 lions to drive, depending on the mood or destination. In other words, it made more sense to pick the D9 with the taller final drive when destination would lead to longer drive on expressway/higher, while mixed drive with the Z9 with shorter final drive. But I tell you, there were moments it appeared I enjoyed more the higher torque on lower rpm the Z9 V6 offers me. However, I am high rpm guy (which is one of the reasons I never find diesel vehicles attractive, no matter how powerful their engines are in hp & torque), which these ES engines were designed for. The EW10J4S is another high revvy engine that comes to mind.

You don't buy a V6 or V8 for fuel economy. So, I honestly don't care much about the lower fuel consumption the 4.92 final drive ratio the hybrid Stick-Shift gearbox in my Z9 V6 offers me. I decided 2 weeks ago to bring the ratio close to the taller D9 V6 or at least, the same ratio with stock 6-speed manual gearbox Peugeot designed for ES engine. I studied few Peugeot manual gearboxes and found a way I can change the current hybrid gearbox in the Z9 to 4.64 final drive ratio and still retain the 6-speed, almost same, if not better than the stock 6-speed manual gearbox for the engine which is hard to find. However, I still want to milk the 4.92 on the engine for few more days before I do the conversion and start to enjoy the full engine hp again, just like my D9 V6 or when the Z9 had 5-speed Stick-Shift before the hybrid box.

I love the fact that these manual gearboxes can be tweaked to produce more torque or hp, mechanically, without any electronic assistance. I remembered when the Z9 had 6-speed automatic transmission (AM6). As good as the AM6 gearbox was, there was nothing mechanical I could do on it to make it predictable as I want to my driving style, which my Stick-Shift gearboxes offers me, except probably to electronically alter the programs in the transmission ECU, which may or may not wreck the AM6 automatic gearbox, considering they were not produced to handle huge torque figures like the manual gearboxes attached on the same ES V6 engines. Anyway, I converted the car to Stick-Shift and eliminated those concerns completely.

I can't wait for the full hp to return to the Z9, in as much as I enjoy the current high torque low rpm set up. Will I miss it? Will see.

Lion-King Monk.

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by Ikenna351(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
The last fun drive with the 4.92 Final Drive in My phase II Peugeot 607 V6. Next fun drive will be in upgraded hybrid 6-speed Stick-Shift.

Hopefully, there is someone else somewhere in the world that converted his petrol Z9 V6 from auto to Stick-Shift just like I did. Only that person may understand how the Stick-Shift transforms driving experience of this car. One of my best choices I will live to to enjoy forever.

Lion-King Monk.

Re: Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! by RZArecta(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ikenna351:
The last fun drive with the 4.92 Final Drive in My phase II Peugeot 607 V6. Next fun drive will be in upgraded hybrid 6-speed Stick-Shift.

Hopefully, there is someone else somewhere in the world that converted his petrol Z9 V6 from auto to Stick-Shift just like I did. Only that person may understand how the Stick-Shift transforms driving experience of this car. One of my best choices I will live to to enjoy forever.

Lion-King Monk.
sell it to me when through biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Between Mobil 1 Oil And The Regular Oils / 6 Fuel Saving Tips For Automatic Drivers / Why Is My Timming Belt Always Cutting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.