Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) (47782 Views)

667 New COVID-19 Cases, 274 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 19 -(2504 Tested) / 627 New COVID-19 Cases, 397 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 12 - (2032 Tested) / 553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Phyde: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
SirWarlock:
people won't see this one. It's until CNN picks it up angry. Maybe then they'll say they've connived with Nigerian government shocked
We are the mercy of God and our immune system. This thing is real.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Phyde: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
I dont know why the FG is easing the lockdown and reopening churches and mosque instead of extending a Total lockdown for at least three months.

I'm disappointed in this government with no direction.

We are in trouble
The economy is important than lives to them.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Bombolistic: 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
If there is a daily malaria statistics like COVID-19, we will see clearly that malaria kills daily in Nigeria far more than COVID-19 but why we focused more on this and Government is claimed to be spending fortune to curtail the spread.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Bombolistic: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
If there is a daily malaria statistics like COVID-19, we will see clearly that malaria kills daily in Nigeria far more than COVID-19 we focused more on this and Government claimed to be spending fortune to curtail the spread.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
Edo states don turn man utd.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by SirWarlock: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Bombolistic:
If there is a daily malaria statistics like COVID-19, we will see clearly that malaria kills daily in Nigeria far more than COVID-19 but why we focused more on this and Government is claimed to be spending fortune to curtail the spread.
Because of covid's infection rate and probable deaths in short time.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Investnow2017: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Jman06:
I implied in my post you quoted that if over ten thousand people had been infected so far, it then means that the virus would have permeated the Nigerian populace more than being reported. If that was the case, then we would have been in a crisis situation where more people would have been in critical conditions requiring respiratory support with more fatalities being recorded.

Now, how does my statement above call for you trying to lecture me about number of active cases, discharged cases and those symptomatic or asymptomatic? As if I didn't know already And as if those discharged were not part of the over ten thousand total infections?

No. No dear I disagree with you. The state of affairs with the various nations at the onset of this pandemic has dramatically improved hence you can see that the death rates have reduced significantly worldwide. At the start of this pandemic many nations including the developed world knew little or nothing about how to handle the pandemic hence the initial frenzy leading to the high mortality. That situation has been reversed with much improved knowledge after so much trial and error.
So, as it is, 10,000 confirmed cases are not enough to lead to panic especially when you consider the dynamics of the infection pattern. I give you a few examples:
Qatar has over 35,000+ confirmed cases with just 40 deaths and over 50% of the confirmed cases are still active, and yet there is no emergency even though the cases keep rising. Remember that is a country with population of less than 5m.
Now the US has over 1.7m confirmed cases. I could glean from what I read from most people that they think that all 1.7m are hospitalized. No dear. Out of the over 1.7m only about 16,000+ need hospitalization because they fall into the category of serious to critical, and in that condition more than 50% would need the use of a ventilator hence the mortality we see. Countries can have increased cases, that does not necessarily imply that can create emergency if the cases are mild to moderate as we majorly have in Nigeria. Singapore has over 35,000+ cases but has recorded only just 24 deaths and only 7 cases are serious.
South Africa has over 34,000+ cases and has recorded 705 deaths. You might think Nigeria is doing better. No. Death rates to Covid-19 in Nigeria is higher than South Africa going by the figures at the public dormain. And even at that South Africa is not in an emergency because out if the 34,000+ only 128 are serious or critical.
But where it is worrisome is the case being presented by Nigeria statistics. Going by records Nigeria as of now has 10,000+ with only 7 reported as serious, and yet over 10 deaths are reported daily. What does that tell? It simply shows that there are deaths by Covid-19 which happened outside the isolation centres and hence were only captured either when the fatality has taken place or when the situation has reached an unmanageable stage outside government outfits.
This situation reminds me of an article I read about Nigerians regarding their quest for medical assistance in India. It was reported that it was only when the situation has gone beyond redemption that most Nigerians resort to travel to India for medical treatment, and invariably they often did not get the miracle they sought for. Same thing is happening right now regarding Covid-19. It is no gainsaying that many infected persons are managing their situation at home or somewhere outside the isolation centres. Some of them their cases only get to NCDC only when the situation has become too critical. When a Covid-19 situation degenerates to one where the use of a ventilator becomes unavoidable, the chances of survival is normally always slim.
Yes, the cases in Nigeria right now can be 10,000+ but from the dynamics of infection and the fact that only less than 10 patients are on the critical category, there cannot be emergency unless the statusquo changes which all sane persons who adhere to safety guidelines in place pray about daily. The figures though true are not enough to create panic, success over this pandemic can only be made through collective efforts. If people could self-isolate at home, majority at the isolation centres right would not be there, because their cases do not need hospitalization.
Yes, we have no reason to doubt the figures being released by the authorities, we should rather thank God that there is improved understanding of the virus right now and many have even treated themselves and got better applying all published medications which have proven effective.
When we begin to cast doubt here and there and voice same publicly we are working against whatever progress may have been gained. That is my concern, that is the genuine concern of all who want to see the end of this health crisis that has paralyzed the world.
When Israel was to go to war, Jehoshphat, their king then, urged the nation "believe in God, but also believe in his prophet"; the nation did and they came out victorious.
Iran and Djibouti worked to flatten their curves some weeks ago, but have lately been experiencing sporadic break outs. Today Iran recorded their highest figure in weeks -3,000+ - but the death rate has significantly reduced because they have a better handle around the pandemic unlike at the start. Same with many other countries. Life must go on, the world cannot afford to lock down indefinitely or live permanently in panic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Jlow2: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Patosky4U:

I was not in any way supporting total or even partial lock down but if you observe the way people are floating the preventive measures put by experts especially in Lagos, you will agree with me that the case is more than the numbers we have presently.
So it not everything that you people will be shouting scam up and down
back it up with facts that its more than the numbers, now they really opening airports by 21june while road borders re closed, untill dey allow private hospitals to conducts tests I don't believe ncdc, many pple have came to tell us there experience at ncdc
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Chuzoetoh(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Patosky4U:

Will you keep quiet if you don't have anything to contribute
ur d one DAT should keep quiet!!!
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Kyrestas: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
Anythings in nigeria are erro, the headline of the news is 2003 but we are in 2020 i still the wonder how we can achieved in this country, fate NCDC resulte every day, now is fate headline.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Tonytonex(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
boookworm:
Before the end of this week, Edo state would have made top 4.
Some people are on this thread telling people that government is not exaggerating those figures. But look at Edo state, the governor has been clamouring for indirect primary and has been using Covid 19 to back his call, now, few days to the primaries edo cases starts to skyrocket. Use your brain. If you think it's a coincidence then your gullibility knows no bounds.

But how are we sure that NCDC didn't subtract 3 people so that the figures won't be 419 grin

sounds sense will not kill you

1 Like

Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Angelawhite(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
boookworm:

Your gullibility knows no bounds. However if you're a Nigerian then you would know that everything is politics to our leaders. How could a grown Nigerian be this gullible. How old are you?

My brother, you watch a lot of Nigerian movies. Don’t force your stupid theories on people. I listen to fact and not some fantasies from an arm chair analyst
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Patosky4U: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
ur d one DAT should keep quiet!!!

Mention me again and omachala will visit you.
I hate too much turaichi
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by GoddonBishop: 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
One of the dumbest thing Nigeria has ever done is focusing on the figures of confirmed cases rather than the figures of active cases.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Poguspecial: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
What is FLEX HERBAL TEA...?

It is a natural herbal remedy for the following:
*premature ejaculation
*water sperm
*Low libido
*Low sperm count
*Weak ejaculation

FLEX HERBAL TEA is processed without preservatives,it has no side effects and it's 100% herbal.

We deliver Nationwide...

Contact/WhatsApp-08067500739
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by EnaibeSam: 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
If you know somebody among the 10578 confirmed cases, please signing.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Chuzoetoh(m): 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Patosky4U:

Mention me again and omachala will visit you.
I hate too much turaichi
your an imp
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Esteemval(f): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria's case keeps skyrocketing but if you checked very well other countries have recovered and cases reduced but in this country we take undue advantage of everything, some governors are using this to make more money. Nigerian government as a whole knows what its doing.

we're always known to top the list when it comes to bad things, NCDC keep deceiving us, what affects one directly affect all indirectly.
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by Androidlic: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Fake
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by boookworm: 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
Angelawhite:

My brother, you watch a lot of Nigerian movies. Don’t force your stupid theories on people. I listen to fact and not some fantasies from an arm chair analyst
No. I'm not trying to force my theory on you. U were the one who quoted me in the first place. So please next time when you my post and you don't like or agree with it, kindly ignore. Thanks
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by stabilizer: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
ENGINEERG:
This is science, pls bro, you have to grow, how many times has doctor or laboratorist told you , you have a diseases that you don't have, from the thousands of diseases available before this covid, And if u use your little sense, you will know 7th most populated nation to still have low figure, required thanking God , when others are getting thousands daily cases..plz develop your sense bro....thanks and God bless,

Imagine what you wrote up there as if you wanna lecture me but at the end of it all, you couldn't make a good point. Writing concern me if a laboratorist ever lied or not. What i am telling you is that the virus isn't created for Nigeria, its political and they have area of target. If corona virus spike out tomorrow, it means they just created our version. You need to grow bro, We have more proof of Ebola and lasser fever compared to corona. The curfew which is also recently eased to make 10pm the starting time .... Does that mean corona can only walk at night now ? Did heard about someone who claimed the doctor that attended to her dead hubby during complications falsely write corona as the cause of death.. So now, you still believe corona and our isolation center is full of jokes and jokers...
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Jlow2:
you re there, I lyk pple DAT think outside the box

Thanks bro
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
longetivity:
have you taking your meds

Kikikikiki

Meds again?
Re: 416 New COVID-19 Cases, 115 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 1 - ( 2003 Tested) by chh441: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2020
For many people, the death of George Freud is not an isolated event
/www.voanews.com/usa/many-george-floyd-death-not-solitary-incident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Nigeria / 10 Health Benefits Of Ginger! / Mouth Odour In Nigeria,[ Causes & Treatments]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.