Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect (53398 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Uwa Omozuwa Paraded By The Police / Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by egojiokwu(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2020
BigBashiru:

Men do the raping to death. It is does not matter if its a few men. What matters is that men consistently rape women to death. Women never rape any man to death. This is a social injustice that must be addressed. Also bear in mind that ALL MEN ARE POTENTIAL RAPISTS no exception.
It's not true read how women raped man to death here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.travelerstoday.com/amp/articles/2440/20120725/six-women-rape-man-death-nigerian-wives-ogbadibo-uroko-onoja-nigeria-ugbugbu-women-rape-man-death-by.htm&ved=2ahUKEwiqodbYvOLpAhV58eAKHQwiCVUQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2Y6qNUBmG-9_NH3oc2xi8_&ampcf=1
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Paruz1015(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.

Why are you guys so quick to underate the effectiveness of the Nigeria Police. Don't you have an account link to BVN, Didn't you do SIM registration, don't you have an international passport, don't you have a National identity number. All this I just mentioned, requires a biometric verification in the process. The government, relevant security agencies have access to all this data. The case has become a National issues and we should expect the police to give their best to bring the suspects to book.

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Igbojihadist: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2020
blessgreg:
God just answer my pressing prayer this morning. I HV prayed for God to expose the culprit since this wickedness happened in d house of God. This is a prayer answer. By this news, I instigate the spirit of d late girl to not rest untill all d pepertrators are caught. This is my earnest prayer. Tk u Jesus for d answer prayer
audio catch and audio prayer an innocent man is about to suffer what he dont know
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by mrkels(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.

You have forgotten that the day you registered for Bvn your full fingerprint was captured right ??
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by od501: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2020
boman2014:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/justiceforuwa-one-of-the-suspects-linked-to-the-rape-and-murder-of-miss-vera-uwaila-omozuwa-has-been-arrested-video.html

Nigerian Police dey examine fingerprint. Just hope they don't accuse somebody's son, beat him till he admits to the crime. No offence oo....we have seen police do shit, especially when they are under pressure!
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by GeneralPula: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Lol
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Belltop: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2020
I don't agree with that fingerprint sir

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by TheAviator: 7:25am On Jun 02, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
Nigeria police examine fingerprint on fire extinguisher?

They have the capability to do that. What I doubt they have is just the database that they will use to identify the owner of the fingerprints.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Cantonese: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2020
Weirdberg1:
I just hope they arrested the real suspect. Because Nigerian police are something else.

Did you not read where it was said that the got fingerprint evidence? Getting at least one person is a very good start.

Noteworthy also is the fact that unravelling murder puzzles is not simple or easy. When our police achieve such feats they must be commended.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by SILVERLINES: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2020
kingzjay:

Agwo Anaang ade agwo uko.

Amesiere ette

Asierende jen-eka
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by lamentor78(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2020
Police can use the BVN fingerprint database.... cool shocked
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by joshuaidibia(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

It is possible. They can crosscheck the suspects fingerprints with the one on the extinguisher.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Kylekent59: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

See how it works :

They first match it with the bank database

Then the next is PVC database

Then Drivers licence

Then NIM

Then National ID

NYSC.....

Among these, one must have one. From there the culprits could be gotten.

If you slap me, all the authorities need to do is to scan that area, compare it to other database through finger print or thumb scanning. If you don do nysc or you get Drivers licence, your name, age,address go show.

Stay there and be wallowing.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by stephen109(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2020
HappyCanadian:
This girls death is so painful, R.I.P Babygirl! cry Buhari is filled with so much badluck tufia! I have never seen! Nigerian police pls ensure u didn't arrest an innocent person
Wetin concern buhari for this matter?, what are you saying sef..pls don't use this girl for your political interest, you didn't blame the Governor ,you are blaming buhari..
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by einsteino(m): 7:31am On Jun 02, 2020
enigmang:

Firstly all databases has a primary key except you mean something else.
Even if we are to assume this data has not been harmonised. I promise you they can search against each of the databases individually. There is nothing "complex" about IAFIS. the only limitation is the processing power to run against a large dataset. The INEC verification at a polling boot uses a handheld machine to search against <500people

Each of this system can run AFIS the only difference is the data set you are running against. e.g INEC used it to eliminate duplicate registration. but this was run only LGA-wide.

Have you seen NIMC infrastructure? or CBN infrastructure?

Thanks. your reply is educating. Here is my reply to the points you raised:
The NIMC DG in february of this year, said Nigeria is the only country without harmonized identity data. It maybe that within the last couple of months, something was done about that but I doubt that since we are still made to recapture for just about everything.

Every database has a primary key, but you do know that since they do not know whose print it is, they are essentially scanning through the entire database rather than selecting from rows with a specific key.

Obviously, I haven't seen NIMC or CBN's infrastructure and maybe the AFIS isn't as complex as I presumed(I havent built one and isnt my field either lol)... however, I am not sure that it is as easy as you say since the scan gotten from a crime scene would be a recreated or partial one rather than a true scan as is the case with handheld devices.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ThatKING(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2020
uchman48:
I hope they got the right person, when I read about the rape and death of this young lady, I dropped my phone and cried, I have never copied and paste any story but I did with this one. it was too painful, thank God the IGP is interested in the case.
it's fingerprint analysis
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ThatKING(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2020
designking:
Why do Nigeria police like saying things that will cast doubts. There are no fingerprint database in Nigeria and they are too illiterate to understand how to trace criminals using fingerprints.

They would just say they have apprehended a suspect instead of this fingerprint bullshit they are saying.
all the mtn airtel and global finger print registration you do.... What do you think the fingerprints are used for?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Gadaluck(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2020
DenreleDave:

N u bliv the police... When did naija police started using finger print and how did they catch the suspect with a finger print when we don't have a finger print data base in Nigeria...

What if the man caught is innocent, he shud be castrated too abi...

U no how naija police are na

Well, my comment is directed towards the real culprit whether he's the actual one that got arrested or not. Wherever he is, karma shall rip him apart....
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by CzarChris(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

The thing dey somehow Sha, but let's believe that they are using the database of our BVN or NIN, cause all our prints were captured.

If not, e get as e be.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by einsteino(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2020
Kylekent59:

If you slap me, all the authorities need to do is to scan that area, compare it to other database through finger print or thumb scanning. If you don do nysc or you get Drivers licence, your name, age,address go show.

Stay there and be wallowing.

You almost succeeded in expressing yourself maturely but for the bolded, really is uncalled for. We can debate with respect for each other.

I am aware about all you mentioned and have given my reasons already to others who mentioned me earlier. I don't think that it's possible currently in Nigeria, you can read my previous replies to see why I think so. Although @enigmang has made a very good debate and I am waiting to see if s/he or someone that knows better can prove that it is indeed possible.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by IMASTEX: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2020
HappyCanadian:
This girls death is so painful, R.I.P Babygirl! cry Buhari is filled with so much badluck tufia! I have never seen! Nigerian police pls ensure u didn't arrest an innocent person
How will they not arrest innocent person? To quickly make people cold down. Then later release the person on bail. In a sane country blood or sperm sample & figure prints could have been ran by now. CCTV at the venue or the street corner would have also gave reasonable suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by AlexRazzy(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Anneka101:
Women are now endangered species in the society.

#Justice4Uwa

Rest in power beautiful Princess!

Women has always been an endangered specie in the whole world since time immemorial dear. No be today e start, infect, e go even worsen. That's the sad reality
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by cray91(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2020
naija police and money are like 5&6. with money dem get ginger to work. imagine them examining the prints on the extinguisher which is a great move

Thanks To Apostle Suleiman for offering 1million to the person who napped them

Dem hear One million naira dem begin dey do the right thing

If money was not involved even knowing the right thing to do they wouldn't do it

Stupide Force everywhere worldwide
boman2014:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/justiceforuwa-one-of-the-suspects-linked-to-the-rape-and-murder-of-miss-vera-uwaila-omozuwa-has-been-arrested-video.html
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by timstone(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2020
MaestroID:
Wow.. Nigeria Police Now have Finger Print Database...

Make dem sha catch all those FOOLISH FOOLS FOR THEIR ACT. RAPIST SHOULD BE HANGED, CASTRATED AND SHOT....

where the fingerprint dey
100 naira collector

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by OKTolu: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2020
I just hope Nigerian police will not arrest an innocent person in order to save their face but I still stand with #justiceforuwa#
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Peppermintflav: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Its a crime of passion. Too violent.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Vikynas: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2020
Don't wrongfully arrest an innocent citizen because Nigerian police can do anything to be honored....do your investigations thoroughly and don't go arresting innocent citizens.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nathan12345: 7:56am On Jun 02, 2020
Very good to know ,and I hope they arrested the right person,may they never see peace,how can you rape someone and kill the same person right in the house of God, the worse news I have ever heard this year.kudos to the Nigerian Police for this swift reaction.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Okoroawusa: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2020
All of you shouting innocent citizen u don't know the meaning of "suspect"?
Even the pastor of the church is a suspect,her roommate is a suspect,her brother is a suspect, anybody thought to have been there that night is a suspect....

I think say dem say Nigerians go school?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2020
HappyCanadian:

I guess Nigerians are getting more frustrated by the day.

The crime is so unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Comedian2019: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2020
designking:
Why do Nigeria police like saying things that will cast doubts. There are no fingerprint database in Nigeria and they are too illiterate to understand how to trace criminals using fingerprints.

They would just say they have apprehended a suspect instead of this fingerprint bullshit they are saying.
Can't they search national Id, voter's database, BVN, etc?
I'm not an expert though.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by vincent7000(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2020
Wow do Nigerian police get fingerprint identification

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Set On Fire In Onitsha Today By Angry Mob (Graphic Pics) / Kidnapper Evans Used N5.8m Phones, 162 Sim Cards To Evade Arrest / Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.