Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect (53408 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Uwa Omozuwa Paraded By The Police / Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by designking: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2020
JeffreyJames:

Lmao who told you they can't share?

Which forensic department carry out the DNA result on the fire extinguishers plus wetin them use scan the finger print come use the finger print trace the suspect with Citizen Data base CSI miami don enter Benin be that o

Even the police headquarters in Abuja don't have the technological capacity to collect finger print sample and run an algorithmic search for a search from over 100million citizens in less than 24hrs.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Str8talk21: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2020
i can bet my next meal that the killers are of ethnic Fulani stock. All haters can lick my a$$.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by obinoral1179(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.

IPPIS, BVN and NPOWER..
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by MaestroID(m): 10:23am On Jun 02, 2020
redsun:

They literally have everyone's fingerprints in Nigeria on a platter; offenders and nonoffenders because fingerprints are required to register a cell phone. All they have to do is liaise with the phone companies and create a central database of the fingerprints of all cell phone owners in the country. Owners consents will obviously not be required in a lawless country.

Thats a valid POINT
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by MaestroID(m): 10:24am On Jun 02, 2020
ashjay001:

BVN and SIM registration?

True
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by MaestroID(m): 10:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Paruz1015:

If you have an account that is connected to BVN or you did a biometric scan during your Sim registration or you have an international passport I'm sorry to say, the security agencies has your finger print on their data base.

True!!!
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by PrinceMajestic: 10:25am On Jun 02, 2020
elunico:

Don't mind her, she's tryna sound WOKE like her western folks, not really paying mind to the facts.
yeah
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by imam07: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2020
SILVERLINES:
ask the Nigerian Police

I'm an ICT analyst with your finger print I can capture your images, tell you how many banks account you are operating, the amount you have in them and the last withdrawal you made with date. Also tell you your blood group and genotype, if wrote jamb recently (from 2016) I can tell you the university you were admitted to and your department and academic level, your voters cards and everything that your finger came in contact with fingers print scanner.
Your mobile phone number included

Brother don't doubt technology, in Nigeria we can do better.
you dey watch movies too much. Hope u remember wetin happened during general election about thumb printing. 4get finger print data base in Nigeria. Is not accurate.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by luminouz(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2020
cbngov01:

I am surprised that this question is coming up. You dont know BVN and even your SIM registration is harnessed into different data basis available to authorities on request. There is a lot of interest in this case so I am not surprised. May the wickedness of the wicked never go unpunished...

I know of BVN but fingerprint database? That's a whole new different level.

Modified:

I reasoned it again and there seems to be a point,especially during biometric scans. I hope the method of fingerprint collection on the extinguisher was correct sha...

Justice for the girl.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ehmmy11(m): 10:43am On Jun 02, 2020
Gadaluck:
[s]Nawao, God punish Devil. The idiot(s) who committed this sacrilege should castrated and raped to death by homosexuals in prison. Heartless Staggats....[/s]

make sure you have enough energy to rape (the idiots) too. Cos i don't know the homosexuals you kept in prison..
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by TolueneDc(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2020
BigBashiru:

Men do the raping to death. It is does not matter if its a few men. What matters is that men consistently rape women to death. Women never rape any man to death. This is a social injustice that must be addressed. Also bear in mind that ALL MEN ARE POTENTIAL RAPISTS no exception.
That means your father too na potential rapist
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by isan(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Where is the database they used to identify the fingerprint ? Lol stupid police
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by stieyven(m): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Gadaluck:
Nawao, God punish Devil. The idiot(s) who committed this sacrilege should castrated and raped to death by homosexuals in prison. Heartless Staggats....
It's a sin to curse the devil. JUDE 1 :8-10. Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by blueAgent(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2020
BUSHHUNTER:
Nigeria police examine fingerprint on fire extinguisher?

Lol.....

Its possible considering that we have a mobile phone network data base that has details and thumb print of registered people.
Also the BVN data base can be used to do that.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Pheelz2020(m): 11:56am On Jun 02, 2020
so naija get fingerprint database?
and elections de move sakarigically...
ehehhe...

well, good efforts..
those idiots must be punished..

#####no to rape!!!
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by khalids: 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

If you have a registered sim card in Nigeria, most likely your finger print is on that data base, same for bank account holders, Nigeria Passport holders, National ID card holders, Voters card holders...

There are many database available to check that....

Only thing is do they have the means to pull finger prints and do a cross reference......
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by backbone503(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

BVN, National Id, INEC voter's register etc are example (adult) databases that we have. We also have lots of forensic experts and good crime investigators. The problem with this country is that people don't (want) do their jobs.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Fortunatus200(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
*⚖️⚖️⚖️JUSTICE FOR UWAVERA-OMOZUWA.*

Yesterday, 1st June 2020, I read with a heavy heart on BBC news, how a promising First Year, female Microbiology Student of University of Benin, - *Uwavera Omozuwa*, who in her quest for knowledge and efforts to utilize this seasion to cover up some hip lock of academic works, was sexually assaulted, emotionally molested and gruemously murdered in cold blood, by some unscrupulous elements.

I could recall vividly of being taught in my 200L that the right to Life, is the parent right, on which other rights are circumscribed. The fullness of which must be tenaciously upheld in line with the dictates of not just the Constitution or other legal instruments, but also of all known Religious and Holy books, including our African Traditional Religion.
This becomes even the more important with regards to the personage in question.
Late *Miss. Uwavera Omozuwa* was until her horrendous death on 31th May 2020, a University Undergraduate, whom Obasike JSC Speaking in GARBA v. UNIMAID beautifully described as a priceless assert, who is in the threshold of useful service to the Nation.

To me this is only a glimpse of the position a University student occupies in the heart of his nation.
He is in addition a beacon & glimmer of hope, as he is an irrefragable ambassador, training to Facilitate the course of Nation building, not just for the interest of interim generation but also for the next.

Moreover, This event was said to have taken place inside a Church, which goes to infer, not only a total disregard of human life and dignity, but an ultimate attempt and act of disecreting the sacrosanctity and sacredness of the Temple of the Divine.

By all standards, the act of rape is a crime mala in se cum mala prohibita, consequently, it offends all known statutory enactments, both municipal and international. It is such that should be visited with the highest penal consequence, not only because it is frowned at by our human laws, but also because it has no right standing before moral and religious commands. *S. 359 Criminal Code and s.282 Penal Code.*

The senseless, unjustified and barbarous act of malicious killing is rather becoming a culture and a normalcy in Nigeria, receiving little or no condemnation by the members of the society.
In this light, the right to life is greatly undermined and in a quick track of loosing it's supremacy, value and hallowed pride of place.

One may want to juxtapose, the forgoing murder of Miss Uwavera, with the most recent killing of an African- American - *George Floyd*, which has flooded the entire global news Space, triggering massive and aggressive protest and better further leading to riotings, all in a bid to sue for Justice on behalf of the deceased.
Pathetic enough, in our own stead, fellow students have rather chosen to embrace frivolous ends to that of forging a common voice in demand of Justice for one of our own.

Thus, I want to use this medium to register my empathy, as well as to call for the reawakening of that spirit of true Compatriots, comradeship and solidarity- as Justice anywhere is Justice Everywhere.

We call on Govt at all levels to swiftly swing into actions to bring the perpetrators of this horrific and heinous crime to book, rather than the current "I don care Attitude", with more interest in enlarging the contents of the purse and pockets, by planning to Garner resources for the next Elections at the State in question.

Security Operatives are as well encouraged to collaborate with relevant individuals to Speed up investigations, as the world watches your acclaimed expertize.

*"From all of us, whose eyes make waterless tears and heart emits bloodless bleedings"* for the deceased, we Say #Justice-for-Uwavera.

*CALSAN NIGERIA calls for Justice�.*
*LAWSAN NIGERIA calls for Justice⚖️*
#Join-the-Chorus Today
#SayNoToRape
#ConsentIsNotNegotiable
*Rest On Dear Uwavera Omozuwa.*

*NJOKU CHISOM FORTUNATUS*
fortunatus200@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
His fingerprints were lifted and run through either the BVN or nimc database & they got a hit. Running a fingerprint scan takes 3 hours or less.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by MrBen619(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria don de arrest crime commuters by finger print detection? Make una go arrest innocent person beginning de punish am oh.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Mayeldah(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
designking:
Why do Nigeria police like saying things that will cast doubts. There are no fingerprint database available to the Nigeria police and they are too illiterate to understand how to trace criminals using fingerprints.

They should just say they have apprehended a suspect instead of this fingerprint bullshit they are saying.

There are, although they are not in one database.

Do not forget that the NPF have access to your mobile network database, voters card database and any other data base that takes peoples finger prints at registrations.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by nnaamehn(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Nnaa am confused oooo, finger print Kwa, since when, how, where.... we pray they apprehend the devils behind her death, which ever way its been done. non of my business
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Gadaluck(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
ehmmy11:

make sure you have enough energy to rape (the idiots) too. Cos i don't know the homosexuals you kept in prison..

Are u sure, Mr IDK? If u look well I into the mirror u'll probably see one staring back @you. Mtchewwww!
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ehmmy11(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
Gadaluck:

[s] Are u sure, Mr IDK? If u look well I into the mirror u'll probably see one staring back @you. Mtchewwww![/s]
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Gadaluck(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
ehmmy11:

[s]make sure you have enough energy to rape (the idiots) too. Cos i don't know the homosexuals you kept in prison.[/s].
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by inzauche: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=BigBashiru post=90217507]

Men do the raping to death. It is does not matter if its a few men. What matters is that men consistently rape women to death. Women never rape any man to death. This is a social injustice that must be addressed. Also bear in mind that ALL MEN ARE POTENTIAL RAPISTS no exception.[/quote how can u say that all men are potential rapists. Disgusting
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ehmmy11(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=Gadaluck post=90235570][/quote]

Gadaluck
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Gadaluck(m): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
ehmmy11:

Gadaluck

Chai, now I know ur a mentally deranged fellow. U nor reash
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ehmmy11(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Gadaluck:

[s]Chai, now I know ur a mentally deranged fellow. U nor reash[/s]
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nyamve1: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
BigBashiru:

All men are potential rapists.
are u saying ur dad is also a potential rapist?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Honeydenz(f): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
SILVERLINES:
ask the Nigerian Police

I'm an ICT analyst with your finger print I can capture your images, tell you how many banks account you are operating, the amount you have in them and the last withdrawal you made with date. Also tell you your blood group and genotype, if wrote jamb recently (from 2016) I can tell you the university you were admitted to and your department and academic level, your voters cards and everything that your finger came in contact with fingers print scanner.
Your mobile phone number included

Brother don't doubt technology, in Nigeria we can do better.
Yeah this is correct. My brother had a case with d police recently and was taken to Panti, Yaba Lagos. His finger print was collected before and after bail. This is done in case he commits another crime he can easily be identified. Although we all know the Nigerian police have no records!

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Gadaluck(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
[quote author=ehmmy11 post=90238344][/quote]

Oya cancel ur destiny. Prison Homo, Oya cancel am.....Homo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnapper Evans Used N5.8m Phones, 162 Sim Cards To Evade Arrest / Ladies Converge At Lekki To Fight Over A Man / Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.