Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? (4913 Views)

What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? / Guys/Girls What Skin Color Or Looks Do You Prefer Your Dream Woman/Man To Have / 99 Secrets Girls Have to Know about Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by PTBNaija(f): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
I know this question has been asked many times before, but does it really happen?

I'm not asking if it is possible, almost anything under the sun is possible. But what I want to know is how many of you actually see this in real life?

Are women with attractive male friends or men with attractive female friends always looking for something more?

1 Like

Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by Sexytruth0(f): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hell to the no! I cannot think of a single male friend (of mine or any of my friends) that didn't try anything, NOT A SINGLE ONE!
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 21, 2011
IMHO
why couldnt they be just friends?! it all depends on how the gal/guy present themselves and act. if a guy respect a girl and their friendship (or vice versa) then he/she wouldnt try anything to jeopardize that.

the problem is that many gal are fooled to believe in stoopid friendship while the AIM from the beginning from these so called "friends" was to hit that. and men are equally fooled by ashis whose aim was solely their wallets.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by Jenifa1: 6:27am On Jan 21, 2011
it's possible.
I mean how can one not have friends of the opposite gender?
anyways, I have no problems with male platonic friends.
but there are some guys that even if the girl is not attractive, they will still want something more. it's like a curse that they must flirt with or hit on every girl they know. I don't want to be stereotypical but these tend to be african guys. at least some of the ones that I have as friends. their woman wrapper is too much.

how close do you mean though? because if you are getting really close with this platonic friends of urs, of course one of you may start to catch feelings. unless he is one of those feminine type of guys and you are a tomboy type of girl if you get what I mean (and no I don't mean gay).

1 Like

Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by LordReed(m): 8:08am On Jan 21, 2011
In my experience I've had platonic female friends both in the past and currently, people you can hang out with and not because you want to hit it or toast them so not only is it possible, its reality. It comes with not viewing females as sex objects but as persons who have their own desires, dreams and goals.

However not everyone IMO can keep it straight in such relationships

1 Like

Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by Olufola(f): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2011
let us all be realistic, it cannot happen. I've always been this kind of girl that prefers male company to female company, I grew up among guys, so i get comfortable among them easily, but while growing up, I got to realize that ALL my male friends always want something more than mere friendship at the end of the day. They start getting emotionally attached gradually, and at the end of it all, I always end up breaking the friendship, or making myself distant and scarce.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2011
@Olufola
It's unfortunate that you've had such a bad time of it but I want to assure you there are guys who can your friend without wanting something more. I am one and know others. I hope someday you get to meet good people like us wink
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2011
PTBNaija:

I know this question has been asked many times before, but does it really happen?

I'm not asking if it is possible, almost anything under the sun is possible. But what I want to know is how many of you actually see this in real life?

Are women with attractive male friends or men with attractive female friends always looking for something more?

whats the point to have such a friendship when attracted to her, without asking her out some nigga will come and have

its cool when you are not attracted to her
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by harakiri(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2011
It's one thing for you to lie to the whole world but when that advances to you lying to yourself. . .then you need a psychic evaluation. That being said, we live in a new era where people are programmed to adjust to what's "socially acceptable" and "politically correct". People delude themselves in denying obvious truths around them and try to act indifferent so as not to be seen as "insecure". How many of the so called "secure guys" who posted on this thread would prefer to be "just friends" with any of the ladies in the pictures below? Make una dey deceive una selves.

Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by LordReed(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^^ What is the big deal in being friends with them? So I must bleep every lady I come in contact with?
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by Odunnu: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2011
I have more male friends than female and they are all on platonic level. Thats real enough,isnt it?
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by iice(f): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
More often than not, they want more but will settle for platonic friendship if both parties (esp. the interested one) understands the boundaries and what is on the table.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by ebila(m): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
It doesn't work in most cases cos feelins get involved.Had one n we ended up dating (d love of my life).

iice:

More often than not, they want more but will settle for platonic friendship if both parties (esp. the interested one) understands the boundaries and what is on the table.
It doesn't get as platonic as it ought to cos d feelins don't jes die,so the affected one try to avoid d oda in most cases.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by iice(f): 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
ebila:

It doesn't get as platonic as it ought to cos d feelins don't jes die,so the affected one try to avoid d oda in most cases.

Of course, at first it's hard because of the feelings like you said, but over time. . .people either find out they make better friends than lovers or are happy/respect that they have kept a friend.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by ebila(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
iice:

Of course, at first it's hard because of the feelings like you said, but over time. . .people either find out they make better friends than lovers or are happy/respect that they have kept a friend.

Yeah,somtyms they realise they make beta friends dan lovers.Buh somtyms too,wen they see each oda,feelins start flyin again.I've bin involved in somfin lyk dis more dan 1ce,so i'm talkin from experience.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by iice(f): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
In cases you know you cannot be friends. . .then there is no use remaining friends undecided
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by queensmith: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
Yes they do.
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by ebila(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
iice:

In cases you know you cannot be friends. . .then there is no use remaining friends undecided
My point exactly!
Re: Do Attractive Guys/girls Have Platonic Friends Of The Opposite Gender? by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ebila
So you'll pass up the chance to have a really good friend just because you lost out in the romance game?

(1) (Reply)

She Calls So Many Names When Ever We Start Having Sex / Conversation Between An Alpha Male And Entitled Lady. / Girls Playing Silly Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.