Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,606 members, 7,801,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick (35248 Views)

House Of Reps Approve Buhari’s Request For $5.8bn Loan, $10m Grant / FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by IME1: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
undecided
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by peace84(f): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by chiefolododo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
More than 1trillion naira($30bn) loan in about 2 months

4 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
cry

Sigh
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by sapientia(m): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Were they absent when it was passed?

I don't understand.

Did the speaker approve it alone?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Innov8ve1: 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari has finally sold Nigeria, smh.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Dragovic: 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Gathering debts for future Presidents shocked

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by pieces18: 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Foreign loans for infrastructure,
Domestic loans for infrastructure
Abacha's recovered loots goes into infrastructure.
This infrastructure self no dey finish me?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by egoldman(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
Earlystar698:
I don't want the FG to include SE because we are not part of this shithole country

But the east will contribute in paying that loan by the way of tax.

Babun dey work, monkey dey shop.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by coputa(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria greatest problem is the business men that represent us in the parliament. Their major interest is what they will gain.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Racoon(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Another bondage! Debts, borrowings.The end is nearer because something is not just right.Nigeria cant survive on these kinds of senseless government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ifiokjohn(m): 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Borrowborrow make me rich Govt...Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by peace84(f): 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
maupe:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/395758-just-in-reps-approve-buharis-22-7-billion-loan-request.html
Good evening nairaland
Please I am new here
I tried to post an advert but it was writing insulficient permission
Please what could be the problem ?
Thanks
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by sulaak(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
The Lawmakers are all thieves, how can Nigeria afford to pay for the current debts, talkless an additional $22.7 billion debt on an income of $15 billion.

I finally give up on Nigeria.

The lawmakers, especially those of the south-east caucus, complained about the government’s failure to include projects in the region amongst those to be financed from the loan.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by gurunlocker: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
This country will be paying the loans for man years to come....

But Bubu can borrow o.... grin grin

Na money we dey hear, we no see finished project in 5 years
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by sulaak(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
chiefolododo:
More than 1trillion naira($30bn) loan in about 2 months

Madness, complete madness.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by hammerpP: 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
IF NIGERIA COLLAPSE, WILL SW AND NORTH BE THE ONLY REGION PAYING FOR THIS LOAN?

I FORESEE SE REGION EXITING NIGERIA.

SINCE THE LOAN DID NOT INCLUDE PROJECTS IN OUR REGION, WE WILL NOT PAY.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Smithwesson7: 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

It is instances like this that requires ingenious and creative ideas.
A man who's salary was slashed from 70k to 30k does not go on a loan spree. That is foolishness and amounts to suicide. He looks for ways to create new streams of income.
There are easy drain holes in this countries that needs to be plugged.
All these estscodes, jumbo allowances and salaries., foreign trips, renovations, car allowances, large presidential jets etc.

There are so many ways this country is frittering scsrce resources away.
Buhari and his team are clueless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

Logic would be that the government would be frugal and circumspect in terms of corrupt practices and wastage. Instead, the stealing by a select few is ok. To the extent that in spite of repeated reports of financial mismanagement, sacred cows are reinstated willy nilly, creating an aura of untouchability. Plus, the federal budgets in the past 5 years are as far from transparent as we have ever been. The system is skewed to favour a microscopic few, and they have recruited rabble rousers to trumpet the virtues of this dastardly contraption masquerading as a government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Longman8: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
The "I" have it ,is really easily gain this days especially since the 2 new house heads came on sit. Loans are approved immediately it gets to the table of Mr Femi or Mr Lawal without proper scrutiny and deliberations. High-handedness don finish us for this country wallahi.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by landforeast(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Hmmm

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by saaron(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Loan by Fulani regime for Fulani northern progress and development. After which the loan will be repaid by Southern Nigerians.
Indeed Southern Nigerians are the biggest fools on earth!
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by dadexcel: 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:

......this narrative is simply stale my brother...when you see gross incompetence...call it that ...don't find a way to Baptise it otherwise

11 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Chirowman(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
this too shall pass
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Krisadam(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
The most stupid and confused irresponsible idiots. kiss undecided
Don't let the fools fool you!!
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Goldenkrezi: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nawa for this corntree shaa All this money wey Dem dey borrow...hmmmnnn

How dem go take return am...
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by thundafire: 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Once it's money dey are friends,dey only disagree for der constituents to see dey are working
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Macphenson:
Buhari has vowed that he must wreck Nigeria before he leaves by 2023.

The annoying part of it is that he is finding useful idiots like Femi Gbajiabiamila and Ahmed Lawan to perpetuate his evil act .

Shouldn't they have ask him to account for all the money he has borrowed so far?

Which projects have they gone into?

They keep approving him borrowing away the future of generations yet unborn.

Have they really asked him to show us how these loans will be repaid?

He fully implemented TSA, increased custom duty, introduced POS charges, stamp duty , increased VAT to 7.5,.

What is Buhari doing with all these money, ?

Buhari is a disaster and a virus more disasterous than Corona..

Buhari is not qualified to be a Whatsapp administrator yet Tinibu because of his selfish reason foisted him on hapless Nigerians.
I don't think u are in Nigeria. Reason why they fight to have a loyal speaker and Senate president is because of this. We call them 'Rubber Stamp' legislatures. Ours just stamp or risk replacement. It's a one way NASS. It's obvious from the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by ThatFairGuy: 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:

You have spoken. Done talking
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Enwhen(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:

What are they using the loan for ?...the rail project , it's not a fresh one, the previous administration started it , the Abuja-Kaduna was almost 90% before handover ...same to many completed project by this govt , good they didn't abandoned it, but with the huge amount of borrowing and recovered looted fund , those lending the money would be even surprise little they have done with it , they keep sharing the money btw themselves and governor , and some idiots that are not apart of it will support it ... Where are all the recovered bilions looted fund?, The previous Abacha palliative before the last that they said they would share , where are the Nigerians that recieved it ?, Many state governors have borrowed alot with nothing to show for it , many keep insulting federal but are not aware of debt by most state , even almighty Lagos , with all it's Revenue , it's on the top list of foreign debt...the corruption is just too much, everybody seeing a public office as a means to enrish themselves... Look at the little donation to the govt as a results for the pandemic, nothing to write about it , yet we hardly run test of a thousand in a day...but go find out how much common Ghana spent to boost up their health system currently running thousands test a day , it's not up to the amount we have spent ....See , don't kill yourself , or defend what u know nothing about , if the president hands over 10billion to you now to run a project, what u would see before u get the ones that would be release to u and immediately u get it, would made u delete this ur comment and beg God to have mercy on Nigeria with the level of corruption in it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uju Hassan-Baba Appointed As Acting Executive-Secretary Of NIPC By Jonathan / Boko Haram Bomb Experts Arrested In Kaduna (Photo) / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.