Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil (981 Views)

FAAC Shares N1.1trn August Revenue Among Federal, State, Local Govts / Federal, State Lawmakers To Get N49bn / Lagos, Expect More Igbo Businesses Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria has taken billions of dollars in international loans under this current administration yet there is no tangible project from those loans coming to the south east.

But Igbo sweat and blood including natural resources will be used to to repay those loan.

If you are Igbo, Know this fact;

The loans that Nigeria is taking now with dwindling oil price and steadily reducing oil demand will take at least 3 generations to pay it back. The Federal and state government due to low oil revenues will have no choice but to start heavily taxing businesses including manufacturers and importers. They must do this to fill the oil money gap.

I wonder who will carry most of those burden since they are into business a lot.

With the amount of loans that Nigeria is taking now, If you are Igbo, know that it will take at least 3 generations to pay it off. Both interest and principal.

This means that you the Igbo man or woman, your children, your grandchildren and possibly your great grand children will contribute with their hard work, their blood and sweat to pay back those loans through taxation.

They will be paying back a loan that never benefited their land.

Ndiigbo, we have to seriously reconsider our future in this Nigeria. This is unsustainable.

cc: Pazienza,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by ThatFairGuy: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
[s]
obowo69:
Nigeria has taken billions of dollars in international loans under this current administration yet there is no tangible project from those loans coming to the south east.

But Igbo sweat and blood including natural resources will be used to to repay those loan.

The loans that Nigeria is taking now with dwindling oil price and steadily reducing oil demand will take at least 3 generations to pay it back. The Federal and state government due to low oil revenues will have no choice but to start heavily taxing businesses including manufacturers and importers. They must do this to fill the oil money gap.

I wonder who will carry most of those burden since they are into business a lot.

With the amount of loans that Nigeria is taking now, If you are Igbo, know that it will take at least 3 generations to pay it off. Both interest and principal.

This means that you the Igbo man or woman, your children, your grandchildren and possibly your great grand children will contribute with their hard work, their blood and sweat to pay back those loans through taxation.

Ndiigbo, we have to seriously reconsider our future in this Nigeria. This is unsustainable.

[/s]
No this kinda mumu thread again

5 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
No this kinda mumu thread again

Based on your impulsive response to this, you should change your name to ThatUnFairGuy.

5 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by ThatFairGuy: 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

Based on your impulsive response to this, you should change your name to ThatUnFairGuy.
Seems like you've taken sour garri

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Seems like you've taken sour garri

Dont mention me again if you have nothing reasonable to contribute. I wont engage you any further if you continue your madness.

5 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by seborrhic: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

In trying to sound literate you came out very very illiterate.
Your post lacks not just any tribute of a person with any kind of formal education,but actually lacks sense.
You ended up disgracing the average Igboman who I feel would not pen such senseless post.

2 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by ThatFairGuy: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

Dont mention me again if you have nothing reasonable to contribute. I wont engage you any further if you continue your madness.
Which contribution do you want on this SENSELESS thread of yours, coupled with tribal bigotries...
Meanwhile, I'm here to tame that your ancestral madness.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
seborrhic:

In trying to sound literate you came out very very illiterate.
Your post lacks not just any tribute of a person with any kind of formal education,but actually lacks sense.
You ended up disgracing the average Igboman who I feel would not pen such senseless post.

Then point out the flaws or shut your trap.

4 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Benevento(m): 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Yeebos and wailing are like five and six.

haha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
I am still waiting to engage with a non-psychiatric patient. I hope normal people still dey this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Rodwave: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:
I am still waiting to engage with a non-psychiatric patient. I hope normal people still dey this forum.

As long as Igbo people are still in Nigeria, there is little you can do about the disaster called government. That's why any right thinking Igbo should take nothing less than absolute separation from this calamitous abomination called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by seborrhic: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

Then point out the flaws or shut your trap.
The flaws are too numerous to point out. In summary,you didn't make any iota of sense in your entire post.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by ahiboilandgas: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

Ndiigbo, we have to seriously reconsider our future in this Nigeria. This is unsusta3 inable.

the Niger bridge been built in the south east , the eunugu /Ph express way the enugu airport run way ....
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rodwave:

As long as Igbo people are still in Nigeria, there is little you can do about the disaster called government. That's why any right thinking Igbo should take nothing less than absolute separation from this calamitous abomination called Nigeria.

If we must stay in this Nigeria then we cannot allow this to continue to happen to us. For how long will we be continued to be marginalized and continue to tolerate it. Insanity is do doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Ndiigbo cannot continue like this. We have to come to terms with the reality of evil before us.

Those Igbos saying that they want restructuring, what have they been doing about it? Where is their own movement.
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Afamed: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

18% of Nigerians pay tax according to Federal inland revenue service and almost 10% of such comes from SW. I wonder the kind of information they pass to you in SE, when you can easily get more information from internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
the Niger bridge been built in the south east , the eunugu /Ph express way the enugu airport run way ....

The Niger bridge is majority owned by Julius beger (80%). It mostly a private project actually and guess what? It will be tolled meaning that we will be paying for it unlike other bridges that are fully federally funded with ZERO tolls.

The Enugu/Ph is a federal road and it the job of the federal government to maintain it. Nothing special.

Give Airpeace the enugu airport and see what will come of it. A runway that should take only 2 months max is taking close to 5 years and you want me to clap for them.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by OreMI22: 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

I think the time to keep talking and complaining about this while expecting God to do the intervention we should do is over.
This is the time to think carefully and mitigate the evil plan to snuff life out of Ndigbo in Nigeria.
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Afamed: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

When they say tax, it's those who pay their Gross income tax , company tax not those who pay ticket for Okada at Ochanja market or those who pay for offloading at Ariaria in Aba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by ahiboilandgas: 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

The Niger bridge is majority owned by Julius beger (80%). It mostly a private project actually and guess what? It will be tolled meaning that we will be paying for it unlike other bridges that are fully federally funded with ZERO tolls.

The Enugu/Ph is a federal road and it the job of the federal government to maintain it. Nothing special.

Give Airpeace the enugu airport and see what will come of it. A runway that should take only 2 months max is taking close to 5 years and you want me to clap for them.

do u self a favour....show link tonthe total funds spent by fgn on bridge .....
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

18% of Nigerians pay tax according to Federal inland revenue service and almost 10% of such comes from SW. I wonder the kind of information they pass to you in SE, when you can easily get more information from internet

1) Your analysis is to vague because SW has so many non-indigenous and foreign residents that migrated and set up their taxable businesses especially Lagos.

2) You totally missed the point of this thread. The main point is that it is evil for Igbos to be paying taxes that goes to servicing loans that didnt build any major infrastructures in their land.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Rodwave: 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

If we must stay in this Nigeria then we cannot allow this to continue to happen to us. For how long will we be continued to be marginalized and continue to tolerate it. Insanity is do doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Ndiigbo cannot continue like this. We have to come to terms with the reality of evil before us.

Those Igbos saying that they want restructuring, what have they been doing about it? Where is their own movement.

No true Igbo person will ever go for restructuring instead of an outright separation, except of course the Abuja political contractors. They always use restructuring to waterdown the clamour for Biafran Republic. We don't need Nigeria it is as simple as ABC. There is nothing to restructure in this dead rotten monkey Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
OreMI22:

I think the time to keep talking and complaining about this while expecting God to do the intervention we should do is over.
This is the time to think carefully and mitigate the evil plan to snuff life out of Ndigbo in Nigeria.

My main agenda is to raise awareness to this injustice.

I believe if you are going to marginalize Igboland when you collect loans for development, you shouldnt collect their taxes to pay it back.

Tax only those who are benefiting from the loan.
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Afamed: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

1) Your analysis is to vague because SW has so many non-indigenous and foreign residents that migrated and set up their taxable businesses especially Lagos.

2) You totally missed the point of this thread. The main point is that it is evil for Igbos to be paying taxes that goes to servicing loans that didnt build any major infrastructures in their land.
Enugu/ Onitsha road is in Osun state, second Niger bridge is in Wundil in Kano state, Okigwe/ Aba road,is in Alausa in Lagos, Enugu/ Okigwe road is in Challenge in Oyo state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
do u self a favour....show link tonthe total funds spent by fgn on bridge .....

I will get back to you on that.
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Afamed: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rodwave:

Very stupid comment. Have you paid for millions of gas you siphoned from igbo land to your parasitic lagos? You guys are owing Igbo land trillions of naira if you don't know, know it today.
Lol
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

Lol

He is actually right. Gas from Imo state built during obasanjo's administration is being sent to lagos. The south east governors are now planning to discuss with NNPC to channel so of it back to the east. It was in the last south east governors meeting.
Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

Enugu/ Onitsha road is in Osun state, second Niger bridge is in Wundil in Kano state, Okigwe/ Aba road,is in Alausa in Lagos, Enugu/ Okigwe road is in Challenge in Oyo state?

I am talking about building new infrastructures and you are talking about resurfacing roads that has been there for decades.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by WaveLiion: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

He is actually right. Gas from Imo state built during obasanjo's administration is being sent to lagos. The south east governors are now planning to discuss with NNPC to channel so of it back to the east. It was in the last south east governors meeting.

From Abia to Imo to obigbo, they have been selling our crude oil and gas without building tangible thing in Igbo land. Wicked people

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by WaveLiion: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
One coward reported my account because he cannot handle the the truth. I will keep exposing the wickedness of this monkey Republic.

1 Like

Re: Federal & State Taxation Of Igbo Businesses For National Loans Repayment Is Evil by Afamed: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
obowo69:

Are they channelled to Lagos at free cost? Most of you, just come here base discuss base on your emotions.
The kerosine, Diesel and petrol from SS to Lagos are they given to Lagos at free cost? Do lagosians get fuel free in Petrol station?
Does NNPC offer free gas to lagosians? Or should NNPC have remmiited the money generated from sales of gas to the South east govt account?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki’s Next Destination: PDP / Congratulations Uche Ogbuagu, The Honourable Member Representing Ikeduru / Northern Elders Forum Vs President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.