Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo (36866 Views)

Lawrence Oborawharievwo Ewhrudjakpo NYSC Certificate: DSS Confirms Alteration / Forgery: DSS Ordered To Investigate Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo / Lawrence Oborawhareivwo Ewhrudjakpo; The Urhobo Deputy Governor Of Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by fergie001: 12:11am On Jun 03, 2020
senatordave1:

You see the more we argue,the more we unearth new facts.mind you,A will further implicate him.the LM and inec already have a photocopy of both certs.

B might further implicate him because how did he lose it when nysc should have collected it and issued him a new one?
That's why everything boils down to NYSC.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Cantonese: 1:09am On Jun 03, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
So in other words.. they might still remove both PDP governor and deputy governor and reinstate which party. Because APC deputy governor dont have certificate PDP self forge certificate..

Dem swear for deputy governors in Bayelsa state. Na wa oo

Have you not wondered why the sudden change of heart by the lawyers to the deputy governor? Why did they withdraw the motion? The DSS man gave evidence after receiving response from their request to NYSC showing that the amendment was made by NYSC at the request of the deputy governor. The amendment was a change of one of the alphabets in his name and it was legally done. With that confidence it can be clearly seen that the deputy governor will win.

That case in Bayelsa state is a typical example of "the voice of Jacob but the hand of Esau"; that is APC backing LM and waiting to hijack the seat through the backdoor.

1 Like

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Bolognese: 1:15am On Jun 03, 2020
And you call yourself a graduate?

You didn’t learn anything at NYSC orientation camp?

Who doesn’t know that military and paramilitary do not serve?

Next time just keep quiet when matters beyond you are discussed!

Dumte:
Where is Buhari's NYSC discharge or exemption certificate? Mtcheeeew.... APC is a confused set of fools
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Caseless: 1:26am On Jun 03, 2020
martowskin1:

No , base in the constitution since they have been sweared in, it will only affect the said deputy.

wrong! It will quash the joint ticket.

1 Like

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by greggng: 1:26am On Jun 03, 2020
eldoradoxx:
That order is completely invalid. You cannot order a Deputy Governor who is under immunity to appear before any court or tribunal for any issue whatsoever.

Only governor has immunity not deputy ....kindly quote the necessary part of our constitution to drive home ur point
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by akcliff(m): 2:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright. Don't abuse peoples language and culture... You have yours... If you can pronounce it you ask.....

I dey tell you

My mind dey Tell me say all these names na ijaw name

Just Imagine:

Ewhrudjakpo

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo

Them go just scatter consonant. Mix am with vowel. Add fricative. Then scatter am again with sibilant
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by akcliff(m): 2:10am On Jun 03, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright. Don't abuse peoples language and culture... You have yours... If you can pronounce it you ask.....

I dey tell you

My mind dey Tell me say all these names na ijaw name

Just Imagine:

Ewhrudjakpo

Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo

Them go just scatter consonant. Mix am with vowel. Add fricative. Then scatter am again with sibilant
. Don't abuse peoples language and culture... You have yours... If you can pronounce it you ask.....
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by OBUKSBAYELSA: 5:52am On Jun 03, 2020
fergie001:
senatordave1, ejimatic, moderatedguy, Wenediali, AAA593, Obuksbayelsa......

Come ooooooooooooo

The Deputy Governor is bold....he didn't want to score an own goal, so he will be heading there!

Nothing will come out of the whole show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by beejayjohn(m): 6:15am On Jun 03, 2020
Why does a deputy governor in Nigeria need nysc certificate to govern a state and why does a president need only ssce to head a country?
Nigeria is a joke where all important priorities are placed wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Omobada(m): 6:59am On Jun 03, 2020
eldoradoxx:
That order is completely invalid. You cannot order a Deputy Governor who is under immunity to appear before any court or tribunal for any issue whatsoever.

Be informed. Immunity doesn't cover election tribunal matter.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by moderatedguy: 7:15am On Jun 03, 2020
Afamed:

Freedom of speech does it mean one should be nuisance
Who made a judge of pples comments here..mind ur business.Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Igohms: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2020
No b small tin
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Vigorousguy(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2020
DonHummer:

orji uzo Kali that was sent to jail as a senator nko....
Lawmakers don't have immunity
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by shanaka4u(m): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2020
fergie001:

Wrong.....

This is Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as ammended;

Cc:joa2013....Once that person climbs that seat, he enjoys the immunity pre or post-election matters, and can not be summoned by court processes or even if he is a key witness, he can delegate representation.

Don't also forget that in this case, he was the one that decided he wanted to appear in person.

. You can bring a civil action against the President or vice President, Governor or deputy Governor in their official capacity.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by fergie001: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2020
shanaka4u:
. You can bring a civil action against the President or vice President, Governor or deputy Governor in their official capacity.
Yes.....but it will be an academic exercise since they are immune from arrest or prosecution.

In an election tribunal, you can even summon them, but not mandate them to appear.....they can delegate responsibility.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by NaijadrivaCars: 8:18am On Jun 03, 2020
This country self. Some people use NEPA bill cert others are asked to present NYSC cert.

1 Share

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by eldoradoxx: 8:19am On Jun 03, 2020
Tareq1105:

Invalid in an Election Tribunal petition matter?

Answer me.

Does his immunity cover election petition?

Was Buhari not dragged to election tribunal?

You're very funny.
I said that while you can sue a person covered by immunity in an election petition matter, you cannot compel the appearance of such person on pain of imprisonment if he defaults to appear which is what the court order is because he is covered by immunity. Note the difference. The difference is that you cannot issue any order compelling him to appear in any tribunal
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by eldoradoxx: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2020
Afamed:

Immunity does not cover electoral matter. Get your information before coming to social media
Meaning a Governor or Deputy Gov can be arrested while attending an election petition case?
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2020
Cantonese:

Have you not wondered why the sudden change of heart by the lawyers to the deputy governor? Why did they withdraw the motion? The DSS man gave evidence after receiving response from their request to NYSC showing that the amendment was made by NYSC at the request of the deputy governor. The amendment was a change of one of the alphabets in his name and it was legally done. With that confidence it can be clearly seen that the deputy governor will win.

That case in Bayelsa state is a typical example of "the voice of Jacob but the hand of Esau"; that is APC backing LM and waiting to hijack the seat through the backdoor.
NYSC agreed to have altered an alphabet,but another alphabet was altered without NYSC's knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by chh778: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Former director of food and Drug Administration: new crown infections in Minnesota are on the rise
www.kwcg.ca/bbs/article-198938-1.html
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by pquaver(m): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2020
Kobicove:
It appears the certificate of everyone from Bayelsa State has one form of problem or the other undecided
. Are thinking what I am thinking about an ex deputy governor with a PhD?
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by senatordave1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
beejayjohn:
Why does a deputy governor in Nigeria need nysc certificate to govern a state and why does a president need only ssce to head a country?
Nigeria is a joke where all important priorities are placed wrongly.

Understand the difference na.minimum qualification is ssce or its equivalent but the deputy unwisely decided to add nysc and any qualification you claim to have must be genuine.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by senatordave1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
fergie001:

Wrong.....

This is Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution as ammended;

Cc:joa2013....Once that person climbs that seat, he enjoys the immunity pre or post-election matters, but can delegate representation.

Don't also forget that in this case, he was the one that decided he wanted to appear in person.

.......he can be subpoenaed or summoned, but not mandated to attend in person.

On a 2nd thought and after reading this again and again,I believe the constitution was clear. Civil and criminal proceedings does not apply to election tribunal which is sui generis.if you say this section applies fully to electoral matters, then it means that election tribunals cannot remove an incumbent and cases against them cannot instituted against them.it must apply holistically.

But this is not the case which means that they can be compelled to appear.if you still insist that they cannot be compelled to appear in person,that means cases against them is also invalid
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by AAA593: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
kunle4toyeyaho:
NYSC agreed to have altered an alphabet,but another alphabet was altered without NYSC's knowledge
Where did you get this information from?
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by AAA593: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Understand the difference na.minimum qualification is ssce or its equivalent but the deputy unwisely decided to add nysc and any qualification you claim to have must be genuine.
be neutral bro. Let the man appear tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by yyba: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
DonHummer:

orji uzo Kali that was sent to jail as a senator nko....
so senator get immunity ?
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by senatordave1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
AAA593:

be neutral bro. Let the man appear tomorrow

I can't ,you know where I stand already
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by fergie001: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
senatordave1:

On a 2nd thought and after reading this again and again,I believe the constitution was clear. Civil and criminal proceedings does not apply to election tribunal which is sui generis.if you say this section applies fully to electoral matters, then it means that election tribunals cannot remove an incumbent and cases against them cannot instituted against them.it must apply holistically.

But this is not the case which means that they can be compelled to appear.if you still insist that they cannot be compelled to appear in person,that means cases against them is also invalid

I had modified my earliest comments on the subject matter, I think to you too...Yes...he can be sued.

Midnight, I stumbled into the Collins Obih v Samuel Mbakwe Supreme Court case in 1983 based on Section 267 of the 1979 Constitution.

This metamorphosed into our Section 308 of 1999 as ammended.
The case between Alliance for Democracy v Peter Ayodele Fayose (then Governor) in 2003 comes to mind.

Fayose had run to the Appeal Court to get reprieve not to obey the subpoena duces tecum issued to him by the AD. He had run to the Court citing immunity either in person or via representation.

Ja'afaru Mikailu (JCA) ruled thus:
“in an election petition where the status of the governor is being challenged as in this, then said immunity is also questioned. He has no immunity against being sued and consequently he cannot be immune from being subpoenaed”.

Other citable judgements show that he can be sued or can sue in official capacity.....see Tinubu v IMB Securities, Alamisieghya v Yelwa, Samuel Igbe v Professor Ambrose Alli et al.

English dictionary;
To sue
(institute legal proceedings against (a person or institution), typically for redress.)

To subpoena
(require (a document or other evidence) to be submitted to a court of law.)

To compel
(force or oblige (someone) to do something)

In my layman wisdom,

A subpoena duces tecum orders a person or organization to bring physical evidence before the ordering authority or face punishment. This is often used for requests to mail copies of documents to requesting party or directly to court.

Whilst I agree that documents must be made available to the Judge or anyone else, I laymanitically tend to disagree with the "compellation to appear" term.

To compel him irrespective the adjudication of the Court(in this case tribunal) will be at variance with Section 308(1)c of the 1999 Constitution as ammended, reproduced below:-

(c) no process of any court (in this instance, tribunal) requiring or compelling the appearance of a person to whom this section applies, shall be issued: (bracket is my own interpretation)

I agree with my learned brother, senatordave1 but also add that Lawrence could delegate representation or substitutions to ensure that relevant documents to help his case be tendered.

PS: Good to know, one way or the other.....He will be there tomorrow.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Dumte(m): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bolognese:
And you call yourself a graduate?

You didn’t learn anything at NYSC orientation camp?

Who doesn’t know that military and paramilitary do not serve?

Next time just keep quiet when matters beyond you are discussed!

Mr know all, did Buhari enter politics this time as a paramilitary or a military person? Or constitution was amended to create room for him?
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by Cantonese: 7:50am On Jun 04, 2020
kunle4toyeyaho:

Food for the lawyers. With the move by the deputy governor's lawyers I think there is the likelihood of victory for the PDP there.
Re: Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo by AAA593: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2020
Cantonese:

Food for the lawyers. With the move by the deputy governor's lawyers I think there is the likelihood of victory for the PDP there.
So nysc knew one alphabet was altered and went ahead to alter another alphabet. The report is somehow self. Will nysc alter an already altered certificate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: Mark Gbillah Threatens To Ground Plenary If House Prevents Debate / Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times / Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.